June 03, 2024, 10:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 356824 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1100 on: May 19, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »

LE appears to have rubber legs and no backbone in Utah.
If you want to catch Josh the public needs to confront him on every street corner until he cracks.
jmho
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1101 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

LE appears to have rubber legs and no backbone in Utah.
If you want to catch Josh the public needs to confront him on every street corner until he cracks.
jmho
I totally agree, I read here, seldom post, this is one of the most frustrating cases, and all it does is make me angry.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1102 on: May 23, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »

'Guest'

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1103 on: May 31, 2010, 01:49:49 PM »

Where is Susan Powell? Her father-in-law thinks she’s having a fling, hopes she’ll land on her feet

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d30-Where-is-Susan-Powell-Her-fatherinlaw-thinks-shes-having-a-fling-hopes-shell-land-on-her-feet
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1104 on: May 31, 2010, 02:22:09 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d30-Where-is-Susan-Powell-Her-fatherinlaw-thinks-shes-having-a-fling-hopes-shell-land-on-her-feet

Where is Susan Powell? Her father-in-law thinks she’s having a fling, hopes she’ll land on her feet
May 30, 3:15 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

May 28, 2010 - Susan Cox Powell went missing nearly six months ago and her father-in-law says he thinks she may have left for “a fling or respite,” and hopes she, his son, and their two kids will land on their feet.

Reports have streamed in for nearly six months indicating Susan would never leave her two kids, that "someone" is responsible for her disappearance, and that the only person they believe can help police, her husband, Josh Powell, has moved away. Police have repeatedly stated Josh will not cooperate with them.

Examiner.com has offered Susan's husband, Josh Powell, and her father-in-law, Steven Powell, via email and in person, the opportunity to share their side of the story. They declined.

In the Jun 7 issue of PEOPLE magazine, Steven Powell, aka Steven Chantrey, Susan’s father-in-law, suggested Susan Cox Powell, the 28-year-old missing West Valley City mom, may have left for a fling and inferred she may have needed a break and that’s possibly why she left. He wonders why police haven’t looked at other suspects.

Debbie Caldwell, who provided childcare for the Powell's before Susan disappeared, said Susan made it clear to her husband she did not feel comfortable around his father, Steven, and that she never wanted the children left alone in his care. She also said she never wanted her boys left alone with Josh's brother.

Even Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, are not comfortable in Steven's home.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1105 on: May 31, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

May 30, 3:15 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

May 28, 2010 - Susan Cox Powell went missing nearly six months ago and her father-in-law says he thinks she may have left for “a fling or respite,” and hopes she, his son, and their two kids will land on their feet.

Reports have streamed in for nearly six months indicating Susan would never leave her two kids, that "someone" is responsible for her disappearance, and that the only person they believe can help police, her husband, Josh Powell, has moved away. Police have repeatedly stated Josh will not cooperate with them.

Examiner.com has offered Susan's husband, Josh Powell, and her father-in-law, Steven Powell, via email and in person, the opportunity to share their side of the story. They declined.

In the Jun 7 issue of PEOPLE magazine, Steven Powell, aka Steven Chantrey, Susan’s father-in-law, suggested Susan Cox Powell, the 28-year-old missing West Valley City mom, may have left for a fling and inferred she may have needed a break and that’s possibly why she left. He wonders why police haven’t looked at other suspects.

Debbie Caldwell, who provided childcare for the Powell's before Susan disappeared, said Susan made it clear to her husband she did not feel comfortable around his father, Steven, and that she never wanted the children left alone in his care. She also said she never wanted her boys left alone with Josh's brother.

Even Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, are not comfortable in Steven's home.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1106 on: May 31, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »

Susan's father-in-law knows exactly what happened to her and he knows exactly where her body is. No way Josh got rid of her without daddy's help/guidance...in one way or another. What a load of crap 

The police have no reason to look elsewhere for a suspect. He WAS sitting under their noses until he packed up and moved away. Rolling Eyes

This case makes me sick.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1107 on: May 31, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »

Susan's father-in-law knows exactly what happened to her and he knows exactly where her body is. No way Josh got rid of her without daddy's help/guidance...in one way or another. What a load of crap 

The police have no reason to look elsewhere for a suspect. He WAS sitting under their noses until he packed up and moved away. Rolling Eyes

This case makes me sick.
Me too, and I get more frustrated every time I check on here, and now I'm really angry with such bs.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1108 on: June 02, 2010, 09:57:46 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10998494

Susan Powell back in spotlight 6 months after disappearance
June 1st, 2010 @ 5:55pm
By Sandra Yi

WEST VALLEY CITY -- It's been months since Susan Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home, and the case is still getting national attention.

Susan's disappearance is featured this week in a popular magazine. A website, which has some of Susan's friends shaking their heads, also highlights the six-month mark of the case.
While police say they are working hard to resolve this case. Susan's friends and family say it's getting more and more difficult to maintain hope when the reality that she may never be found is starting to sink in.

"It's really discouraging, and it's hard to keep up hope every day," says Susan's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell.

But that's all friends and family of Susan Cox Powell can do.

"There's just this sense of weariness; this just heavy to carry around. We're so worried and heartbroken," says Cox family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford.

Police say Susan's is still a missing person's case and the only person of interest remains her husband, Josh, who lives in Washington state.
The biggest frustration of all is that her husband, who was the last person to see her, doesn't speak up, doesn't talk to police," Gifford says.

The family suspects the website SusanPowell.org was created by Josh, or someone close to him. A new page, titled "Six Months," says Susan's family is still trying to cope with her absence. It says everyone hopes she will walk back through the door soon -- something friends say won't happen, because Susan didn't leave on her own.

"It's like a slap in the face to everybody who knows and loves Susan," Hellewell says.

West Valley police won't say much about the investigation. They've received test results on some of the evidence but are tight-lipped about it.

"We still have eight detectives assigned. They're still working very hard on it. We're following up on leads," says Capt. Tom McLachlan, spokesman for the West Valley Police Department.

Last month, Susan's parents, Charles and Judy Cox, came to Utah to meet with investigators. They visited the Simpson Springs area, where Josh told investigators he went camping with his two kids the night Susan disappeared.

Hellewell says Josh was also recently back in Utah, just for a day, but it's unclear what he was doing here.

Susan's disappearance is featured in this week's issue of People magazine. Friends hope that will renew interest in a case they so desperately want solved.

"Obviously, I hope for them to either find Susan or arrest the person who took her," Hellewell says.

A private company is planning a new search for Susan in the West Desert at the end of June. Friends also plan to post fliers at sporting goods stores so people who spend time outdoors this summer will keep an eye out for any sign of Susan.
KSL News tried to contact Josh Powell's attorney Tuesday for comment, but our call was not returned.

E-mail: syi@ksl.com

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1109 on: June 02, 2010, 12:12:58 PM »

Quote from above:

"The biggest frustration of all is that her husband, who was the last person to see her, doesn't speak up, doesn't talk to police," Gifford says."

Not many bad guys walk into the police station sit down and admit they murdered a person..
As a matter of fact most of them stay silent.

What is necessary is for police and ALL of the concerned family members to insist that Josh is a danger to his children and have CPS grab them.
Then police need to find Josh and arrest him and interrogate him and the news media needs to hound him and all the united states needs to spit on him when he walks by.
He is self centered and that is supported by his immediate family, and we see just how that works in other cases such as the Casey Anthony. Her parents support keeps her from standing up to what she has done.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1110 on: June 03, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »

Josh Powell leaving Mormonism

Josh Powell is apparently shopping around for a new church. On the website Susanpowell.org, which is widely believed to be written by Josh and his father, Steven Powell, there was this paragraph:

“Finding trustworthy spiritual support is more critical now than ever, since according to the media, members of the Mormon community had been pressuring Susan to divorce Josh on the basis of his beliefs. Josh and his family have recently enjoyed the fellowship of religious communities that share his and Susan's pro-family values. They have been investigating Christianity as an alternative to Mormonism. Vibrant faith communities in the local area have been very supportive and have been helping Josh and his family through the turmoil.” (Emphasis added)

But Kiirsi Hellewell, a close friend of Susan Cox Powell and a member of the same LDS Ward in West Valley, disputes the claim of a conspiracy to split up Josh and Susan. She said, “Everyone was extremely supportive. Everyone was very friendly to Josh. After Susan disappeared, everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt, helped him move, and invited him over for dinner. We did everything we could to help him.”

Friends of Susan cannot believe that Josh could abandon his faith over something the “media” might have said. It is equally unbelievable to the family of Susan Cox Powell.

Tuesday evening, the family issued this statement through a spokeswoman:

“Susan would be heartbroken. He is making decisions that are contrary to her wishes. She was the one who took the lead in matters of faith. We see this as another attempt by Josh to close the door on Susan and forget all about her.”

Hellewell was even more blunt, “Every decision he’s made since she disappeared has been against what she would want.”

This weekend marks 6 months since Susan Cox Powell disappeared from her home in West Valley City, Utah. Josh Powell remains the only person of interest in the ongoing police investigation.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Josh-Powell-leaving-Mormonism/erv_Gs8yBE6Uir_DAE_2lg.cspx

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1111 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d5-Friends-family-and-supporters-of-Susan-Cox-Powell-outraged-over-Six-Months-web-page
Friends, family, and supporters of Susan Cox Powell outraged over “Six Months” web page
June 5, 3:29 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1112 on: June 12, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »

WEBSITE BLOCKED
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:57:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1113 on: June 13, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »

Susan Powell Missing Over 6 Months-Timeline From 12-7-09
josh sister, and brother-n-law speak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJl2O1MAvg&feature=player_embedded

found at
http://tynerose.wordpress.com/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: June 16, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »

This will not do one bit of good UNLESS they add Josh'd van and the rental car to it!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Search for Susan Powell billboard goes up in Utah
Puyallup, WASHINGTON (ABC4 News) - A new effort is underway in the search for Susan Powell. 

A billboard showing a photo of Susan has been installed in Puyallup, Washington where Susan grew up. 

Chuck Cox, Susan's Father, says he wants to make sure the public doesn't give up the search for Susan. 
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Search-for-Susan-Powell-billboard-goes-up-in-Utah/FiNkytJIxEqPcb8p0tMcLw.cspx?rss=20

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: June 16, 2010, 02:23:14 PM »

From Jane's show last night >>>>>>>>>>>

We`re going to move on right now to another really gut-wrenching story; a heartbroken family desperate for answers. What happened to Susan Powell?

This beautiful mother vanished in Salt Lake City, Utah, on December 7th. She has not been seen since. Tonight family members fear the worst but they refuse to give up hope.

Susan`s father has now put up a giant billboard -- take a look at it -- near his home in Washington State. Trying everything he can do to bring his daughter back home.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHUCK COX, FATHER OF SUSAN POWELL: As her father and here in Seattle and this happened down in Salt Lake City or they disappeared from that area, I feel just totally helpless.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, is Susan still alive? She vanished in the dead of night. Her husband, Josh, has been at the center of the investigation from day one.

He claims he took his two young sons, both under the age of 5, on a late night camping trip. This was after midnight in freezing, freezing temperatures. He says when he came home, his wife was gone.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOSH POWELL, HUSBAND OF SUSAN POWELL: A lot of times I`d just go camping with my boys. Not anything big. Just go overnight and we do s`mores and stuff like that and so I just went with the boys.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Camping with toddlers in freezing temperatures in the middle of the night. It`s an odd time for s`mores.

Joining me now with more on this desperate search, Susan`s heartbroken devastated father Chuck Cox; also joining me, former D.C. homicide detective Rod Wheeler.

Chuck Cox, first of all, our hearts go out to you. We want to help you find your daughter. We want to keep this case alive. These last six months obviously living hell for you.

What are cops telling you about what they have learned from their extensive investigation into your daughter`s disappearance?

COX: Well, they`re not sharing any details of their investigation with me other than that they are currently -- continue to chase down leads and look into all possibilities.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, they`re not talking to you? They`re not saying, hey, we tested that wet stain that was found on the carpet of the Powell home shortly after police went in there and we found xyz? They`re not telling you what they found from the vehicle that they tested that belonged to the Powells?

COX: No. I -- they`ve told me that they have some of the results back. They have looked at things. But they won`t -- they don`t share the details with me. It`s part of their investigation, ongoing investigation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How frustrating is that for you?

COX: It`s very frustrating. While I have confidence that they`re doing everything they can, it`s just difficult to be on the outside not knowing -- having to trust that they`re getting closer. And I do believe they`re following up on things. But it`s just very frustrating not to know exactly where things are.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, here`s my big issue tonight. It`s an old saying but does it apply in this case, no body, no crime? Susan`s husband has not been charged with anything but he`s been repeatedly questioned by cops and he is considered a person of interest because he was the last person to see his wife alive and his midnight camping trip certainly raises suspicions of Susan`s family.

Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

POWELL: Any help to try to find her would be appreciated. So we`d really -- that`s all. We just -- she`s somewhere.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I know there quite a huge effort out in the west desert looking for any sign of her. Is that where you were camping?

POWELL: I just have to go get my boys.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Susan`s family says she would never let her kids go camping in the middle of the night on a Sunday night, much less walk out on them for good.

Chuck, what about Susan`s husband, Josh, failing to show up for work the next day after this camping trip on Monday, claiming he missed work because he got confused about what day it was when he went camping in the freezing temperature late Sunday night with his two young sons? What do you make of that?

COX: I don`t believe he miscounted the day. I don`t know what the real reason is why he came up with that story. We don`t believe that story. We are waiting for him to come forward and talk with the police. He actually hasn`t talked with the police since -- I believe it was like Wednesday after she went missing.

By the second interview they had and the third, he got an attorney and has been silent ever since. That`s very frustrating for us.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And apparently he`s left the state.

COX: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: He`s left the state and gone to live with his dad in Washington State.

I`ve got to ask Rod Wheeler. What should cops do? They have searched and searched and searched for a body, haven`t found one. Obviously they consider the husband a person of interest. By the way, we invite Josh on the show if he wants to tell his side of the story. We want to be fair. We did try to reach him and couldn`t. What should cops do now?

ROD WHEELER, FORMER D.C. HOMICIDE DETECTIVE: Well, you know, Jane, I can tell you exactly what the cops are doing now. And first of all, you know, my condolences go out to the gentlemen that -- on the panel with me here but I can tell you that the police are tight-lipped for a reason. And the reason that the cops are tight-lipped Jane is because they have not gotten much cooperation at all from Josh, who is the husband. That`s not unusual when a husband is involved in his wife`s missing. Ok.

So the fact that the cops have not said anything indicates to me that they are still focused on this guy, Josh. But not only that, Jane, they`re also focused on other people in the family. They`re trying to find out exactly what happened.

Now, there is some direct evidence, some physical evidence as you know -- I think you indicated earlier that they did find at the residence that they cannot account for. And that is bloodstains in the home in which Josh had fans trying to dry this bloodstain up in the house. You know that`s very interesting and that`s --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, it was a wet -- it was a wet mark. It was a wet mark. And that`s precisely what I`d like to know is when they tested that wet mark did they find blood.

I don`t think we`ve gotten the answer to that, have we, Chuck?

WHEELER: No. But, you know Jane, they probably won`t say that yet because they`re waiting until they can get the opportunity to interrogate this guy Josh again to see how much more he knows about the actual crime scene.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. Well, Chuck, I just want to say, you know, we are going to stay on top of this case. We`re not going to let it go. We want you to come back real soon. And any time you have a tidbit, you call us because we`re going to put it on the air right here on ISSUES.

Thank you sir.

COX: Thank you. We did want -- the reason we put up the bulletin boards and got them out there or the billboards is so that people will remember her face. If there`s a chance that she is released some point or gets free, we want her to be recognized. So we want people to be on the lookout for her.   (????????????????????) < by me

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Thank you, sir. We`re going to make sure that happens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/15/ijvm.01.html

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1116 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »

I agree, Nut!!!!! 

And good golly, WTH??  LE won't get off their @sses long enough to go after the seeming only incredible lead they HAD in their grasp at one point.. Josh.. and yet.......... the public is encouraged/invited/expected? to continue to search the entire west coast (how? where?) for Susan.   

IMO, all that is needed is for LE to march in and raid Josh's daddies home, slap cuffs on that little worm, haul his @ss back to Utah, and apply electric probes under his fingernails until he starts yelping the truth.  THEN maybe we'll get somewhere.  (well I guess the probes is going a bit far, but I think lack of sleep is still legal). 

Billboards... nice touch.  Six months later?  Not realistic IMO.  Do they really think we'll see Susan down at the Walmart?  fgs. 

I better get out of these cases for the moment, and off the computer.  Have become WAYYYYYYYYY too cynical for posting atm.   

Sadly.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »

IDK, I really thought this case would be solved as soon as the snow melted. I thought for sure they would be able to track where he went and bring her back home. Now those poor children are living with a murderer and are being made to believe their Mom left them without a second thought. I hope and pray Susan is found soon and all evidence will point to her husband.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: June 18, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

IDK, I really thought this case would be solved as soon as the snow melted. I thought for sure they would be able to track where he went and bring her back home. Now those poor children are living with a murderer and are being made to believe their Mom left them without a second thought. I hope and pray Susan is found soon and all evidence will point to her husband.

(Bolded by me)
ITA to what you've posted Boo, and particularly the last sentence.  I hope Susan is found soon and there will be justice for her.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: June 20, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Oil spill clean-up crews discover body
updated: 3 pm today

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – Work crews, cleaning up the oil spill along the creek at the mouth of Red Butte Canyon made a gruesome discovery Sunday – a body.

Salt Lake police responded to the call shortly before noon. Officers confirmed it was the body of a person.

Sources tell ABC 4 News workers were scrubbing the thick, black oil from the banks of Red Butte Creek when they spotted the remains. Witnesses say the body was so badly decomposed they couldn’t determine whether it was that of a male or a female.

That evidence may suggest the person died before June 11
, the night of the oil spill and was not related to the event.

Salt Lake police cordoned off the scene where the body was found, on the north bank of the creek, as detectives investigated to try to determine the cause of the death and the identity of the person.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/BREAKING-NEWS-Oil-spill-clean-up-crews-discover/RYGRRgfq00ubF4E96WIIqg.cspx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.