March 29, 2024, 01:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derrick Davis 27, Austin TX Charged with Beating 3 mo. old daughter  (Read 5128 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 10, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/12/10/man_charged_with_beating_three.html

Man charged with beating 3-month-old daughter

By Mark Lisheron | Thursday, December 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
12-9-2009 Derrick Davis Booking Photo.jpg

A 20-year-old man who told a child abuse unit detective “I’m tired of beating up my own daughter, I need someone to help me,” has been charged with beating his 3-month-old daughter.
Derrick Davis was in the Travis County Jail today on a $100,000 bail, charged with injury to a child, a first-degree felony, according to an affidavit filed today.

A detective with the Travis County sheriff’s office was called Tuesday to Dell Children’s Medical Center to investigate a report of injuries to a child. Doctors at the center found that the girl had been bruised and had a hemorrhage in her right eye, very recent injuries, the affidavit said.

An examination showed that the child’s ribs had been fractured within the past two weeks, the affidavit said.

In an interview with the detective, Davis said that while alone with his daughter on Dec. 7 he snapped when she wouldn’t stop crying. He told the detective he slapped the child and slammed her head into a wall, the affidavit said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:16:46 AM »

Dear God...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »

One sliver of light, at least this person admitted he did it.  Maybe this child will be saved!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.