April 19, 2024, 07:55:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: justinsmama's family's roller coaster ride with Mom  (Read 17384 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2006, 02:16:44 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Excellent news today! Mom was transferred OUT OF ICU onto a general medical floor! She has to have the NG tube for at least today. She is alert, talking clearly, in good spirits and no longer hallucinating (antinausea drugs dc'd). She is eating popsicles and she said I would not believe how good they taste! PT will be in help her. Man, do I feel good!

PT will be in help her.
So glad your Mom is continuing to improve. Definately glad PT is going to help her start to get some strength back. It is amazing how fast muscles loose their strength. Studies have shown that astronauts trained for space travel have measurable musle weakening within 4 days simply from being confined to the small area of a space ship-unable to really use muscles. This is similar to a patient confined to their bed after a few days.......add to that -major surgery, lack of food, blood loss, medications  and it's any wonder patients can even stand after a week in the hospital!    Wink  Smile

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »

loose= lose  Rolling Eyes   Embarassed

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:16 PM »

Justins sent me an email today asking me to let all of you know she will be away for about a week. Her mother is making progress and seems to be doing well, it's just an issue Justins has been having with her ISP provider. She said they removed the NG tube for her mother and began physical therapy today  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2006, 11:59:32 AM »

So glad to hear it None. Justinsmama's mama has so many loved ones around her and I'm heartened to hear that she's recovering well!

Bring Natalee home...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

Well, that is excellent news to read in this first day of the year.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »

Hi, everyone! Man (or monkey), it is good to be baaaaccckkkk!!!!

Nonesy~ Thank you for letting the monkeys know all was okay!

I don't recall what day Mom was moved to a regular floor~ a few days after Christmas and did I tell y'all that already?

Mom is doing GREAT! She had some ongoing difficulty with vomiting bile and had to have the NG (?) tube put back in again. They took it out yesterday and she has kept fluids (including iced tea) down. The surgeon (who is absolutely gorgeous!) ordered soft foods today, so she was looking forward to supper tonight. Catheter was removed sometime this week, and she is using a walker to get to the bathroom. She still needs help to get in and out of bed, but she is gaining strength. Her primary care doc said the next step is for her to be transferred to that hospital's extended care floor for rehab. Her mood and attitude are fantastic! She is progressing with the physical therapy. Life is good!

Monkeys~ You guyz were such a tremendous support throughout this ordeal. I truly do not know what I would have done without all of you. Bless each and every one of you!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »

I am so glad to hear that things are really going well with your Mom.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »

Justins, I am so very glad to hear that your mother is doing better!!! Love ya!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:31 PM »

Justins - I'm so happy for you, your family, and your Mom! That's great news!!!!
God Bless her!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 05:36:26 PM »

Justins!

What a relief this must be for you and your family. I'm so glad that your mom is getting better each day.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.