April 28, 2024, 04:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96683 times)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2006, 09:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Sam - I have to agree with Carnut on this one - no collard balls!!!!

Those things taste downright nasty to me. Of course, I can't do cooked broccoli either, so I guess my body rejects healthy food. Laughing

Yeah, even the carrots and celery get boring real quick.

There are so few foods that I can say I dislike. I love the healthy foods, the unhealthy foods. Almost everything. Last year while on the radiation and chemo(ended Dec. 21, 2005) and clear until April this year there were very few foods I could eat without gagging and or vomiting.. I was hungry too. Could eat all cheeses, fruits and of course chocolate and Ensure. Ensure was like a lifesaver to me. Was I glad when food started tasting right again.

Just a swinging with the tribe
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »

Okay, now I'm confused about botters and blupper, but Pirates is on ABC as I type this.   Confused

Glad to hear your mom's doing better, Justins.  I hope we hear from Mrs. Red soon.  Peaches goes in Wednesday - we need to start praying for an easier time for her as well as effectiveness of the treatment.  If we send good feelings, healing feelings while praying for same, I bet it will help.  Yep.  I'm pretty sure.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

Those things taste downright nasty to me. Of course, I can't do cooked broccoli either, so I guess my body rejects healthy food. Laughing

There are so few foods that I can say I dislike. I love the healthy foods, the unhealthy foods. Almost everything. Last year while on the radiation and chemo(ended Dec. 21, 2005) and clear until April this year there were very few foods I could eat without gagging and or vomiting.. I was hungry too. Could eat all cheeses, fruits and of course chocolate and Ensure. Ensure was like a lifesaver to me. Was I glad when food started tasting right again.

I'm very glad for you too, Sam!

I read once that there are two main types of taste buds. One kind makes brussels sprouts, grapefruit, broccoli, etc. taste bitter. I must have that kind, because all those things have a horribly bitter taste to me. I would like to be able to eat them, but I don't see it ever happening!

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2006, 09:28:46 PM »

I'm very glad for you too, Sam!

I read once that there are two main types of taste buds. One kind makes brussels sprouts, grapefruit, broccoli, etc. taste bitter. I must have that kind, because all those things have a horribly bitter taste to me. I would like to be able to eat them, but I don't see it ever happening!

Same here, only I wouldn't have any desire to eat them anyway.

Watched my mother spend most of her life eating cottage cheese and grapefruits and just never could understand how she could do it.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »

Hello to everyone who's been on line today.

I'm so happy about the gifts you all received:  

BT - I'm happy you got your lappy and book
Klaas - I'm happy you got your hard drive and all that other loot
Mishy - You got a digital camera and printer and accessories
Carnut - Great idea to give the Scared Monkeys cookbook as a gift
Carnut - I'm happy you got two apple pies with non sugar sweetener
Anna - You got four 90 phone cards for cell phone, coffees and expressio maker, money gift certificate for dog supplies, and small items like gloves, socks and pretty silk scarf
Angie - You got mainly $$ and a few real cute things from Amanda and Jason. (she got me a really cute Boyds Bear lamp)
Carnut - Almost hate to admit it, but I got both Pirates 1 and Pirates 2 for Christmas.

And most important of all ...

Many of You Were Granted with Another Christmas with Your Mother(s)

Woo Hoo. This is part of Christmas. I just love it.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2006, 09:30:28 PM »

I hope you all get and feel better soon.I enjoyed the turkey,cbb,since you told where to look.Chemo,radiation,and cancer suck,kinda like aruba.I really do wish you all well.take care,soon justice shall prevail.cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2006, 09:31:49 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Oh, Sam, that is one good thing about air filters.  I do not have to dust it, do I?   Shocked

One is not required to dust a diamond bracelet either, and if you guys recall, I gave my DILs my two diamond and sapphire bracelets and another one the sapphire and diamond ring so my wrists and fingers need some more sparkle that does not require dusting.  I was hoping to cash in after being so generous, but an air filter?????  I will have to do what Elaine did, look out for myself and shop on E-Bay.

What's wrong with kicking some male butt until he gets the message?

He told me that I said if he would upgrade the house and redo all the bathrooms and kitchen, that could be my Christmas gift.  He knew I did not mean that.  He knows me that well, that I only keep promises until the deed is done.  Then all bets off. Laughing

You sound so much like me Tyler. Or at least the younger me. LOL
By the way, Ebay is a good thing. They also have some great vintage and Estate jewelry. It can be quite pricey though. Elaine just got a steal I think because of it being Christmas and buyers not bidding on jewelry right then.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2006, 09:32:24 PM »

Thank you, Louise. I also feel blessed for being able to know and spend Christmas with wonderful monkeys like yourself!

I Stand With The Girl
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2006, 09:34:35 PM »

I am curious,since I haven't kept up.JQK has 100 john does on his complaint,it will be interesting to see all the names.They will be showing court tv here,channel 30,so I shall watch.I think the k2s will stay and fight,to save their own miserable lives.Support St.Judes,for children.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »

By the way, Ebay is a good thing. They also have some great vintage and Estate jewelry. It can be quite pricey though. Elaine just got a steal I think because of it being Christmas and buyers not bidding on jewelry right then.

You can also get good deals on jewelry on Ebay if you misspell the names of the stones, etc. when you do a search. For instance, people looking for a ruby will generally spell it that way. If someone made a typo in their listing and spelled it rubby, then no one finds it when they search so the price stays low.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2006, 09:36:51 PM »

Tylargal take up DH on the upgrade of the home bit or if not, may I borrow him for a week? Won't take long in a trailer.. maybe less that a week. I'm good a tools, but overwhelmed!!
Merry Christmas from me to you
I'm going to blow the margins It's the dog and cat picture. Tried to get it smaller, but then you can't see them, Oh, well, please forgive. I'm tired. OK, here goes; been working on this for hours.

I have an adopted=by=love family and one real cousin back in Indiana...plus some neat neighbors in a mobile home part where I live. When I used to work 18 hrs a day, I didn't get to know my neighbors well, plus I wasn't rich and the same religion as them... that made a difference too. Well I don't have the home anymore.
   Here we have retired Hughs and govt. engineers, teachers, active nurses, aritists, gardeners, ( have 2 current tomato plants with tomatoes) homebound, chronic ill but out, unemployed, some really striving families as the place is divided into low income (less that 34000) lower income, moderate and then regualer. If your site qualified under the low/lower it has to be sold that way when you sell...kind of hard to find someone with cash, good credit and "low/lower income" (Older mobile homes can't be refinanced... a good op. for someone who wants to find a new business and help each other)

As a homeowers Assoc. we own our own land which is different from most moble home parks. The city is putting in 4M$ grant and us 1M$ (from wise CD investment interest for years) for underground utilities.. I don't trust the city and think in about 7 yrs well be ripe for them to call us "blighted" (nothing in this city is blighted) but they use that excuse and use ED and take over.

Then all you Monkeys can tell me where to move where I'd least be warm. I want to see out the windows, see birds, grass, flowers, clouds, trees and not freeze my buns off too much, but at my age I would be staying inside, I guess.

OK... HERE THEY ARE... my family. The children are children of my former caregiver for mom and me. He became a son to mom and brother to me.. he cusses to me in Spanish; (he speaks excellent English) I cuss to him in English. Mine is worse than his.  We need to learn Southern cussin'. Then we'd be tri-lingual?

He's been in the US for over 20 yrs., pays taxes, social security, his own med. bills, et al, goes to chruch and has his own moving business. I told him it should be "Mario and Daughters" but a week and 1/2  ago Mario, Jr. was born. I have no pictures of him as I have had a cold and won't go near. (c=section, boy,  8 1/2 lbs 22 inches) don't know, is that data normal?

The girl in the Picture at the LA Zoo (Christian pre=school field trip) is now 6; makes me two years older too. Our noses looked alike then... mine getting wider from age, her's now getting narrower from age in the last 2 yrs. She is now 3/4 as tall as I am and I'm 5'7. Her English is extremely good; incl. grammar. Her Kindgergarten was teaching what I taught in the 2 nd. grade years ago and this is in one of the poorer schlool districts south of LA.

The 6 yr old and me at the zoo 2 yrs ago.

Now this little one is named after my late mother using the real American spelling of the name. She is now 4. This is IBE, my mom's nickname; She really acts, looks like my late mom. If she ends up a pilot or goes into space or another great teacher, I'll know it's mom!

Of course I think they are all gifted!!!! Know this is really OT, but thought I'd slide this in while Klaas is gone, but have to watch out for the hall monitor and all her pencils.  Laughing

I love you all. I am blessed to have discovered you Scared Monkeys and had, in a small way, helped bring Justice for Natalee.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays  IBE

PS been switching the channels... the one with BYU  #354 (Direct TV) has great dances and music from all around the world. Very festive.

Here goes: hope I don't break out the margins:
These are my real children who snuggle, purr, keep me loved and warm.

Thank you for looking. Merry Christmas and Happy Holdiays

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »

You can also get good deals on jewelry on Ebay if you misspell the names of the stones, etc. when you do a search. For instance, people looking for a ruby will generally spell it that way. If someone made a typo in their listing and spelled it rubby, then no one finds it when they search so the price stays low.  Very Happy

Unoh, and you do realize you would be taking advantage of someone because of their spelling error, don't you?

But then they can call off the auction anytime they want to so if they are still willing to sell at whatever the bid goes for I guess it might not be considered taking advantage.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: December 25, 2006, 09:39:56 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Okay, now I'm confused about botters and blupper, but Pirates is on ABC as I type this.   Confused

Glad to hear your mom's doing better, Justins.  I hope we hear from Mrs. Red soon.  Peaches goes in Wednesday - we need to start praying for an easier time for her as well as effectiveness of the treatment.  If we send good feelings, healing feelings while praying for same, I bet it will help.  Yep.  I'm pretty sure.

Yes lets all send good thoughts as well as our prayers for Peaches. We are the Monkeys and seem to be used to doing alot of praying for others.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: December 25, 2006, 09:41:18 PM »

Sorry, I got soooo excited I hit the submit button twice, or well, instant replay!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: December 25, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

IBE you are a nice looking lady in the zoo pic.

Looks like I am going to be OD'ing on Cary Grant all night, TCM is doing an all nighter with Cary.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2006, 09:45:36 PM »

IBE - thank you so much for sharing those beautiful pictures.

What a wonderful "adopted" family!

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: December 25, 2006, 09:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

I was just thinking of Peaches and came here to ask if anyone had heard from her.  I knew she was going in sometime soon but not sure when.  Thank you, Li'l Puma for this information.  I will certainly remember her.  She is such a blessing to this forum.  Such a great person.

L'il Puma, blupper is one big meal (breakfast, lunch and supper) which is about all we eat on Christmas Day, because starting with fruits, nut breads, cakes, etc, for brekkie, we eat most of the day.  We just named it "blupper" for short.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2006, 09:46:49 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I hope you all get and feel better soon.I enjoyed the turkey,cbb,since you told where to look.Chemo,radiation,and cancer suck,kinda like aruba.I really do wish you all well.take care,soon justice shall prevail.cat

Yeah, except one can get over cancer, chemo and radiation.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:10 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I am curious,since I haven't kept up.JQK has 100 john does on his complaint,it will be interesting to see all the names.They will be showing court tv here,channel 30,so I shall watch.I think the k2s will stay and fight,to save their own miserable lives.Support St.Judes,for children.Cat

JQK doesn't have the 100 John Does, Cat.  The Kalpoes attorneys put that on their lawsuit, to add names as they deem appropriate.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:37 PM »

Ugh.. when you get back is it possible to delete my 2nd post of "my family" and the ref. one to it?  You must have regrouped my dog and cat. When I first looked at the page, it blew the margin, Now it doesn't. Thanks, Merry Christmas
'
IBE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.