April 28, 2024, 12:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96702 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »

The article Klaas posted is very critical of the Aruban ALE so they KNOW and yet do nothing about it!

Also, still find the blackface in the photo offensive.  If that photo had been taken in Alabama, I can only imagine the reaction.   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: December 25, 2006, 10:15:55 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
[
It means hackers have found faults in the Vista operating system that can be used to get into someone else's computer and do things on it. This is called an exploit, code that hackers pass around to others for money so they can hack into as many computers as possible and then sell the use of those computers to various unsavory types for large amounts of money.

C l i c k here for article on Vista Flaws

And there are always a few of those.  Takes a bit to get all the bugs worked out.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: December 25, 2006, 10:16:55 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
The article Klaas posted is very critical of the Aruban ALE so they KNOW and yet do nothing about it!

Also, still find the blackface in the photo offensive.  If that photo had been taken in Alabama, I can only imagine the reaction.   Rolling Eyes

Yep, on both counts, 'no racism' on that dirty little island.

The way the article seemed to be worded to me was that it was a list of excuses why nothing was working right, not exactly an objective list of faults and how to fix them.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

[
It means hackers have found faults in the Vista operating system that can be used to get into someone else's computer and do things on it. This is called an exploit, code that hackers pass around to others for money so they can hack into as many computers as possible and then sell the use of those computers to various unsavory types for large amounts of money.

And there are always a few of those.  Takes a bit to get all the bugs worked out.

Actually it's just a reflection on how poorly designed Microsoft software is and always has been, with little or no quality control.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »

Re: age yepp mid'60's and some great Avon products that really work.

Thank you for the compliment... the tree shade and shadows helped, but I felt very young that day! and very tired at the end. The orangatang (sp) had had her baby and I was able to get some cute shots. All the 2 yr. wanted to do was to push her stroller, so she received a baby-doll one for her birthday.

Maybe when the kids have a break, the infant is older and it's not during tourist season we can go beck to the zoo again; they were having big construction so we missed some of the animals. My favorite West Coast zoo is San Diego but we don't have a car big enough.

Am on a roll with learning uploading picts Thanks to SM

Tomorrow,when it's light, I try to take a picture of my 2 poinsetta plants The one that might be blooming and the one I just bought to give it a hint.
plus my 2 tomato plants.

I have learned so much from you Kind Great Monkeys. Thanks all.

Carnut dip the brussel sprouts in liquor... might kick it up a notch.

PS... I read where one of the Mondeys was finishing up on here "butcher-blocks". I have a very small kitchen was looking for some to use as a counter... this remake is going to be funkly...

Anyone remember who it was?  TIA

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: December 25, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »

IBE,
You do know that poinsettas don't exactly bloom as in form a bud then it opens, right?  It is just the top leaves that take on the red or whatever color.  So maybe if yours will turn yet.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: December 25, 2006, 10:21:38 PM »

Sorry IBE no go on the liquor dipping, I'm a teetotaller.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #327 on: December 25, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »

IBE: Thanks for the photos...."Two Cuties"

LOUISE VARGAS: Perfectly stated!

And most important of all ...
Many of You Were Granted with Another Christmas with Your Mother(s)

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: December 25, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »

[

Actually it's just a reflection on how poorly designed Microsoft software is and always has been, with little or no quality control.

Thanks for the explanation, Carnut.

The thing that I was mainly concerned about was the possibility that someone would come along in the near future and tell me I couldn't run stuff I wanted to run unless I had Vista as my operating system. I'm not going to voluntarily go there, but if I have to, I'm glad to know I can.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: December 25, 2006, 10:30:49 PM »

Hey Carnut I need some advise here. I am back on my old puter after DH put in a new power supply. Whiel we were at sons at Thanksgiving I played a real pinball machine for the first time. Loved it. Back in my day the boys I dated spent all there change on pinball, the girls spent theres on the juke box.

After we were home I discovered DH had a pinball machine on his computer. He has Windows XP. Ok now I am back on mine with Windows 98 and he got me a CD pinball game for my puter for Christmas. When I went to install it it asked if I wanted to register it. So I said yes and It showed up with my whole registration filled in. My name and address. Does this mean it is loaded with spyware?

Then to top it off I can't use it because it says I need a TnL compatable video card.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: December 25, 2006, 10:32:31 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Ugh.. when you get back is it possible to delete my 2nd post of "my family" and the ref. one to it?  You must have regrouped my dog and cat. When I first looked at the page, it blew the margin, Now it doesn't. Thanks, Merry Christmas
'
IBE

IBE, you are beautiful as are the daughter pictures.  What a beautiful family!!!  Well, after seeing you, I think husband would be glad to do your baths and get rid of me.  I have been a real witch lately but it does not start with a W.  I have been mean, hateful and selfish, and I admit it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: December 25, 2006, 10:34:43 PM »

Yippee... Geraldo on Bill OReilly going into detail on how Aruban law enforcement never intended to investigate the case and how Joran took Natalee into his apt. and something happened and how they didn't search properly etc.etc.  Way to go Geraldo and Bill!  Keep the heat on.  Bill said he would never go there on vacation - only if he was on assignment.

Geraldo said "we should go down there together to investigate".....

Laughing  Laughing
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: December 25, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Sorry for the duplicate. It lied to me and told me the first post didn't go through.

You have already been exploited. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: December 25, 2006, 10:37:36 PM »

Tarring and feathering in public square. Wink

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: December 25, 2006, 10:38:26 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
Yippee... Geraldo on Bill OReilly going into detail on how Aruban law enforcement never intended to investigate the case and how Joran took Natalee into his apt. and something happened and how they didn't search properly etc.etc.  Way to go Geraldo and Bill!  Keep the heat on.  Bill said he would never go there on vacation - only if he was on assignment.

Laughing  Laughing

Shocked I will check for a rerun as that might well be worth staying up to see, that is if I can stay awake.

Thanks for info!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: December 25, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hey Carnut I need some advise here. I am back on my old puter after DH put in a new power supply. Whiel we were at sons at Thanksgiving I played a real pinball machine for the first time. Loved it. Back in my day the boys I dated spent all there change on pinball, the girls spent theres on the juke box.

After we were home I discovered DH had a pinball machine on his computer. He has Windows XP. Ok now I am back on mine with Windows 98 and he got me a CD pinball game for my puter for Christmas. When I went to install it it asked if I wanted to register it. So I said yes and It showed up with my whole registration filled in. My name and address. Does this mean it is loaded with spyware?

Then to top it off I can't use it because it says I need a TnL compatable video card.

Well, no, your registration info is contained in a special windows file/folder called the registry, your info probably was put in there when the W98 was first used or installed. Windows wants that info to try and keep folks from pirating there precious OS's. When other programs come along for a user to install them, they look in the registry for that info and then show it to you and ask you to verify it is correct, so your program will be registered to the same person who supposedly owns the OS. Guess that might be considered a convience.

It's nothing nefarious, it's just the way things work. Course most software sellers then take that info and sometimes use it inappropriatedly, but you agree to that when you agree to register the software. Usually the worst you get out of it is regular emails from the software vendors touting other wonderful things they sell that you can't live without or even regular mail thing newsletters, etc.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: December 25, 2006, 10:40:26 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Sorry for the duplicate. It lied to me and told me the first post didn't go through.

You have already been exploited. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: December 25, 2006, 10:40:55 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Laughing  Laughing

Shocked I will check for a rerun as that might well be worth staying up to see, that is if I can stay awake.

Thanks for info!

I just got home from seeing the move "We are Marshall" and tuned in and sat down here...  They mentioned DrVries and his report and the undercover admission by Joran's atty... Wouldn't it be ironic if Bill and Geraldo went down there and put some heat on after all this time?

LMAO.... and the Arubans think Rita, Greta, and Nancy Grace piss them off.   I'll put my money on those 2 stirring the pot up big time.  Laughing  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

Tarring and feathering in public square. Wink

Or running old Bull Conners newsreels on PBS for another fifty years!   Rolling Eyes And oh, the horror of it all but no one ever comments on say the LA cops handling riots or even police in Seattle, etc.  Just on Alabama.  I have always found that very odd.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: December 25, 2006, 10:45:45 PM »

Thank you Carnut for the explanation. It had me worried so I canceled and did the register later thingy.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.