April 27, 2024, 05:17:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96649 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: December 25, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hey Carnut I need some advise here. I am back on my old puter after DH put in a new power supply. Whiel we were at sons at Thanksgiving I played a real pinball machine for the first time. Loved it. Back in my day the boys I dated spent all there change on pinball, the girls spent theres on the juke box.

After we were home I discovered DH had a pinball machine on his computer. He has Windows XP. Ok now I am back on mine with Windows 98 and he got me a CD pinball game for my puter for Christmas. When I went to install it it asked if I wanted to register it. So I said yes and It showed up with my whole registration filled in. My name and address. Does this mean it is loaded with spyware?

Then to top it off I can't use it because it says I need a TnL compatable video card.

Ya know if you google 'pinball games' there are tons of them online available for download for free or for a fee if you want to register it after trying it out.

I went looking for such things awhile back myself, but never got one. Think I was more interested in finding a blackjack game myself.

Finally found a freebie blackjack game without all the bells and whistles here Free Online Blackjack
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: December 25, 2006, 10:49:15 PM »

Anna Thanks, I know but couldn't think of a word for blooming there. There are very small leaves that are red, so will see tomorrow. Thanks for everything you've done and all other Good Monkeys here.

Carnut What is a mopar? I had a Gremlin once... (stop laughing) 1974, yellow, no less. Bought it used from friend for $400. It was great on pickup, mph, and storing my set school books by grade in the hatchback. I sold it 4 yrs. later for $400.

Missed BOR... what was said? and the picture you are talking about via Klaas... is it on the FP?

Back to Christmas music.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: December 25, 2006, 10:49:18 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
[.

I just got home from seeing the move "We are Marshall" and tuned in and sat down here...  They mentioned DrVries and his report and the undercover admission by Joran's atty... Wouldn't it be ironic if Bill and Geraldo went down there and put some heat on after all this time?

LMAO.... and the Arubans think Rita, Greta, and Nancy Grace piss them off.   I'll put my money on those 2 stirring the pot up big time.  Laughing  Laughing[/quote]

Bill O'Reiley has asked Beth several times if there is anything he can do and offered his help.  I wish she would take him up on that.  He has the
audience size to really bring on some heat.

Yes, that I would like to see, for sure!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: December 25, 2006, 10:54:08 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Anna Thanks, I know but couldn't think of a word for blooming there. There are very small leaves that are red, so will see tomorrow. Thanks for everything you've done and all other Good Monkeys here.

Carnut What is a mopar? I had a Gremlin once... (stop laughing) 1974, yellow, no less. Bought it used from friend for $400. It was great on pickup, mph, and storing my set school books by grade in the hatchback. I sold it 4 yrs. later for $400.

Missed BOR... what was said? and the picture you are talking about via Klaas... is it on the FP?

Back to Christmas music.

Mopar = Chrysler Corp products.

The term Mopar orginates from a Chrysler Parts subsidiary called MOtor PARts co.

Yep, Gremlin was AMC at the time which later became part of Chrysler Corp. Gremlins were the first useable american made Hatchback/Small wagon type cars, a bit ahead of their time.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: December 25, 2006, 10:54:50 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Sorry for the duplicate. It lied to me and told me the first post didn't go through.

You have already been exploited. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I suppose it thought it was helping by lying.   Mad  And I tried posting on the FP and didn't know if I had posted once, twice or not at all.  My puter wasn't telling me anything.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: December 25, 2006, 10:56:02 PM »

I looked to see if the new computer has a pinball game on it (it does). However, it says it has something called Reversi. It says if I choose to play it that it will match me with players from around the world. I'm assuming I WON'T choose to play it since I don't know what it is, but can anyone explain it to me? TY

(I'm going to stop bragging on the lappy in a minute, but before I do, I want to also brag on Kuoka for all his help with it. )

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: December 25, 2006, 10:56:18 PM »

I thought I heard they were playing O'Reilly reruns all day today.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #347 on: December 25, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »

I couldn't end my day without wishing all Monkeys and families a happy, wonderful, Christmas, Hanhakka h (sp) Holiday!  God Bless you all and thanks for being, Well, "The Monkeys!

Love ya all!

Diana

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: December 25, 2006, 10:59:43 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Frijole"
[.

I just got home from seeing the move "We are Marshall" and tuned in and sat down here...  They mentioned DrVries and his report and the undercover admission by Joran's atty... Wouldn't it be ironic if Bill and Geraldo went down there and put some heat on after all this time?

LMAO.... and the Arubans think Rita, Greta, and Nancy Grace piss them off.   I'll put my money on those 2 stirring the pot up big time.  Laughing  Laughing

Bill O'Reiley has asked Beth several times if there is anything he can do and offered his help.  I wish she would take him up on that.  He has the
audience size to really bring on some heat.

Yes, that I would like to see, for sure!

.[/quote]

Anna, I missed that, but he is the one to put the heat on.  I hope Beth does take him up on it.  He  will not stop till something is done, which is why I am an O'Reilly fan.  Him and Geraldo would be awesome at putting the heat on!  I hope they step up and do something!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: December 25, 2006, 11:01:38 PM »

Right now I'm happy with the court cases being filed and the tabloids taking up the PR for the island.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: December 25, 2006, 11:03:54 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Right now I'm happy with the court cases being filed and the tabloids taking up the PR for the island.

Huh, what'd I miss?   The tabloids are "taking up" for the island?  That can't be good....

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2006, 11:08:11 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"

Huh, what'd I miss?   The tabloids are "taking up" for the island?  That can't be good....

It's not exactly AHATA preferred PR.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #352 on: December 25, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"

It's not exactly AHATA preferred PR.

Oh ok, whewwww.  had me worried for a sec.  Guees I need to go back and read.  Merry Christmas!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: December 25, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »

Carnut  thanks, my Dad designed and cut gears for them, then for turbocharges, tanks and race cars.

Well, I like cooked or raw brussel sprouts dipped into Ranch Dressing and a big glass of sweet iced tea. Love potatoes and tomatoes that way too.

Tylergal it will be quite awhile until I get the grant and by then he'll have your home done!

OH, sometimes, I am very odd when it comes to computers... guess that is why I still have a Mac and know in time, I will have to buy a Mac hybred with ugh Intell/Windows. I remember being at Comdex in early '80s when Gates was the nicest person to developers.

Anyway, some say it's better to wait to upgrade to a new OS when they have some fixups done...ie:  Say it's version 10 well then wait to 10.1

You can set your "upgrade" schedule, time to notify you when the new version comes out.

Thanks for the compliments about my family.

The dog and can are rescues. The dog was on the TV news as up for adoption and how he visited nursing home. I called and they told me there were over 100 call and he'd been adopted.

About 6 mos. later, on Easter, I think, I went to the local place. On his cage it says, "dislikes cats". I asked what kind of dog it was (had one blue eye and a brown eye) Aust.  Shepard mix... -at a certain time of the moon, the eye turns brown--anyway I thought how could he not like cats for Aust. Shepard herd and there are cats on a farm.

I asked to see him; I was seated when he arrived and he took hold of my wrist with both paws and held on very tight. So that was it!

He is great, smart and likes to travel. The cat is named after a cookie and the dog after an emotion. They get along fine and "kiss" each other ie: lick each other where the other can't reach... like under the chin and on top of the head.

So glad you like these and that I got up enough confidence to share them.

Now going to find Cary Grant.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: December 25, 2006, 11:12:53 PM »

Me too! Every time The little Island thinks this case is going to "disappear" another case is filed, or another tabloid gets a "new scoop" etc..... O'Reilly and Geraldo getting fired up helps too, SEE ARUBA.... it will not end until the fat lady sings! That means we want Justice and answers!!.......Merry Christmas Carnut, Anna, Frijole, Diannah and all monkeys!!!! I must say though, after driving 30 miles yesterday, and 70 today... I am glad I am home and the festivities are over for me here! Phewww... I survived again!!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

Thanks Carnut  for the link to the blackjack. Of course I had to play for awhile. LOL

I really want a game to play offline. I tie up the phoneline when I am online. Addicted to Freecell. We also have a Euchre disc.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

Thanks Carnut  for the link to the blackjack. Of course I had to play for awhile. LOL

I really want a game to play offline. I tie up the phoneline when I am online. Addicted to Freecell. We also have a Euchre disc.

Freecell is more than enough for me actually. I just got a wild hair and went looking for the blackjack back when the History Channel was showing a series of shows about Las Vegas.

I essentially play nothing but freecell anymore, not much imagination on my part.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: December 25, 2006, 11:19:07 PM »

IBE, Lil Puma and BTGirl Merry Christmas to you!!!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: December 25, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »

Last post should have read:

"was not kind to software developers" Sorry

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: December 25, 2006, 11:19:54 PM »

Merry Christmas to you Sam!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.