April 28, 2024, 06:20:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96687 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: December 26, 2006, 05:43:55 AM »

Ok, here's my little confession. So far my best Christmas Present was to be around to celebrate another Christmas.

Guess I'm just lucky, I have never been crossed or letdown by any family member, ex, inlaw or friend that I'm aware of. I have been blessed with wonderful family, though may are now gone, inlaws and lifelong friendships. I have also been blessed with way more friends than I have any right to deserve.

Did notice on the Drama Queen thread in the Lounge that Justin's posted a 'values' profile analysis quiz and that I tested quite high in 'Loyalty'.
Was a little surprised at that result but probably shouldn't have been because throughout my life that probably is the one thing I value most in giving and receiving. Heck, I've even kept the same cars most of my life because of my 'loyalty' to them.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #481 on: December 26, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

This work, tcu?

You do great work Borg Exclamation BOC lurking!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #482 on: December 26, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Ok, here's my little confession. So far my best Christmas Present was to be around to celebrate another Christmas.

Guess I'm just lucky, I have never been crossed or letdown by any family member, ex, inlaw or friend that I'm aware of. I have been blessed with wonderful family, though may are now gone, inlaws and lifelong friendships. I have also been blessed with way more friends than I have any right to deserve.

Did notice on the Drama Queen thread in the Lounge that Justin's posted a 'values' profile analysis quiz and that I tested quite high in 'Loyalty'.
Was a little surprised at that result but probably shouldn't have been because throughout my life that probably is the one thing I value most in giving and receiving. Heck, I've even kept the same cars most of my life because of my 'loyalty' to them.

And "Loyalty" impresses me enough to let the "Drama Queen" remark go!  Laughing  Wink
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Carnut!

Thanks, BOC! Klaas is a good teacher!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #483 on: December 26, 2006, 09:29:10 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/scoti.gif

Oops! Almost forgot the link!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: December 26, 2006, 09:29:29 AM »

CBB ~ I just love this little guy, and the Natalee poster is perfect!  I and really like the *find Natalee* ......

You (and Klaas) are wonder women with these avatars . . . of course, saying that makes me think of the former WW who hung around here  Laughing .
crazybabyborg
« Reply #485 on: December 26, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"

CBB ~ I just love this little guy, and the Natalee poster is perfect!  I and really like the *find Natalee* ......

You (and Klaas) are wonder women with these avatars . . . of course, saying that makes me think of the former WW who hung around here  Laughing .

Glad you like it tcu! You can ask Klaas if she can improve it a bit. She's remarkable! Do you know how to apply it as an avatar?
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: December 26, 2006, 09:47:29 AM »

Glad you like it tcu! You can ask Klaas if she can improve it a bit. She's remarkable! Do you know how to apply it as an avatar?

I was trying to show off and post with the little guy popping up ~ I printed off the instructions you left in the lounge  Wink
Anyway, when I went to the 3rd box for avatars, no list appeared.
I had clicked on the link to photobucket earlier and just right clicked and copied ~ I didn't have a choice to click COPY SHORTCUT.  Confused
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: December 26, 2006, 09:58:56 AM »

When I right click and get the drop down list (I finally figured that out), the only words that aren't grey are delete and select all.  This is embarrassing, and I hope people sleep late so I don't keeping hogging the posting area  Embarassed  Embarassed
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: December 26, 2006, 10:02:02 AM »

TCUMom,
Are you right clicking on the shortcut or the actual photo of the avatar?

You should get a copy or copy shortcut on just the link.  That is the one you want to click.

Try moving your cursor off the link and re-right clicking and see if the menu won't offer you that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »

You could also try to highlight the link and then right click and copy it.  That might work.   Wink

We will get that avatar in there one way or another!!   Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »

CBB and Anna ~ Oh my!  I'm real now!  Thanks y'all so much for helping me and holding my hand ~ this is so exciting ~
Hey ~ I think we need to do New Year's avatars.....now that I can do this!
 Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: December 26, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »

It's a beauty, tcumom!

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:12 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
It's a beauty, tcumom!

Thank you, Lil ~ I've posted more in the past 12 hours than in the last 18 months ....... I'm just glad it was kind of quiet last night.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: December 26, 2006, 10:35:58 AM »

TCUMom,
Looking Good!

And the more who post, the better!  Otherwise, we would get tired of ourselves in a hurry!  Please don't feel shy but we all do at first.

You know I LOVE Scotties and have a pair myself.

I am sure Borg will now be thinking along the lines of New Years festivities for the cage, too.  She seems a natural at this!   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »

TCU Mom,
Remember you can put something in your signature line as well, just use the one with the IMG on each end for that or type it into that space in your profile if text message.  Must be sort of small like an avatar, however, if a pix or won't fit.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: December 26, 2006, 10:49:28 AM »

Because we were talking about little old ladies and pennies and such the other day, I thought I'd copy this here, from http://findjenniferkesse.com

We would like to ask all of you who read this message to reach out this Holiday season as well as all year long to commit RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS. Having done this ourselves here and there over the course of our lives it will amaze you how it can change not only yourselves but the people who you help.  It usually is a totally spur of the moment gesture to a person you see who needs help in some way at a particularly difficult time in their life.  As we are experiencing, it will come back to you ten fold and most likely when you need it the most. You can make a difference!

Lastly, please continue to visit this website and pass it on to all the people you know and ask them to read about Jennifer, how they can help and pass on the website address to all they know too.  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: December 26, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »

If anyone hears when Peter DeVries' next installment on the Holloway case is going to be aired, please let us know.  I remember reading that he was going to do a followup show.  Of all the (non-Aruban LE) people investigating this, I think he has the best chance of getting something that the others have missed or not been able to obtain, since he has sources and credibility within the Dutch territories.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: December 26, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »

I so appreciate all the Monkeys' understanding and patience.  I always feel for each one who is in need and try to remember to pray for 'The Monkeys' each night.

Li'l Puma, my grandaddy told me about the ten-fold as a child and he showed me how it worked.  One day as we were walking to his grocery store, a little country store, we encountered a very old woman and a child walking.  The child was leading the lady who was obviously blind, having hardly any pupils at all.  They were hungry and told us they were.  My grandaddy gave them $25.00.  That was a lot of money to give a stranger back in the early 1950s.  I thought they probably could eat for a couple dollars, two hamburgers each  milkshakes back then, with change to spare.  

He was telling me how it would come back to him ten-fold.  I think the Lord wanted me to see that as a small child.  While walking, he saw something very shiny, a knife.  It was very nice: a jeweled handle and  made of what I now believe to be silver or platinum, something one might see in the Middle East.  He picked it up and took it to his store, posted a sign about a knife he had found and wanted to know if anyone had lost it.  No one was able to identify it and claim it for more than a year.  He sold it for $250.  He told me that was his ten-fold.  Whomever owned it obviously did not live in our area.  It was like manna.[/img]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: December 26, 2006, 12:22:06 PM »

O/T - My dog Angelina loves company and she was very excited that my friend and her hubby came over for dinner because that meant more attention for her.  After dinner my friend’s hubby started to talk to Angelina and he asked her to go get her toy.  She knows what you mean when you ask her that and she searches around for it.  Last night she decided to take a short cut and she ran over to the Christmas tree and she took the goofy ornament off and gave it to him. Laughing   I think Angelina had been eyeing that ornament since the day before. Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #499 on: December 26, 2006, 12:41:11 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
TCUMom,
Looking Good!

And the more who post, the better!  Otherwise, we would get tired of ourselves in a hurry!  Please don't feel shy but we all do at first.

You know I LOVE Scotties and have a pair myself.

I am sure Borg will now be thinking along the lines of New Years festivities for the cage, too.  She seems a natural at this!   Wink

In the  monkey lounge, under "New Year's Avatars Here". I've posted some that are already resized and instructions are there. Anna, you're better at finding good ones and instructions than I am! Thank you for helping tcu!

Looking good, tcu!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.