April 27, 2024, 11:35:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96672 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: December 26, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »

Poor Milo is still waiting for his Christmas gift (cat nip toy) and dinner (canned food)!

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: December 26, 2006, 12:45:15 PM »

Quote from: "San"
O/T - My dog Angelina loves company and she was very excited that my friend and her hubby came over for dinner because that meant more attention for her.  After dinner my friend’s hubby started to talk to Angelina and he asked her to go get her toy.  She knows what you mean when you ask her that and she searches around for it.  Last night she decided to take a short cut and she ran over to the Christmas tree and she took the goofy ornament off and gave it to him. Laughing   I think Angelina had been eyeing that ornament since the day before. Wink

I think Angelina is a smart baby.  She made friends with your friend and was giving him the best ornament off the tree.  She was repaying him for his kindness.  Aren't they just like kids, except with fur.  And the best part is they don't pack up and run off to college, get married and never come back to live at home again after spending all your money on an education.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: December 26, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »

Justinmama, it will be Christmas whenever the gift arrives, no matter when it is.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: December 26, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

Totally OT, but little news so I thought I would share this with any pet owners who allow their pets outside.  As all of you know, I have big flower beds with roses and always like groundcover with them.  A couple years or so ago, I purchased Nepeta catmint, which has little blue flowers that look great with roses.  My cats absolutely adore it.  They just roll around and chew, and roll around and love just lying in it, fall asleep, wake up and chew on it, and then roll around and go back to sleep.  It is so cute. If you have a cat that gets to go outside even under supervision, plant some of this.  The cats love it.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: December 26, 2006, 01:02:43 PM »

Hi all!  I'm getting ready to take this PC apart so I can add my new RAM chip.  Hopefully I won't mess up things too much, lol.

I'll be lurking from my laptop.  Wink
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: December 26, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »

I do have a real question of curiousity,how far are the painted rocks from the vds place?CBB,thank you for the pictures of the turkeys.You can redemn your house,often for 1 year,after a foreclosure.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "San"
O/T - My dog Angelina loves company and she was very excited that my friend and her hubby came over for dinner because that meant more attention for her.  After dinner my friend’s hubby started to talk to Angelina and he asked her to go get her toy.  She knows what you mean when you ask her that and she searches around for it.  Last night she decided to take a short cut and she ran over to the Christmas tree and she took the goofy ornament off and gave it to him. Laughing   I think Angelina had been eyeing that ornament since the day before. Wink

I think Angelina is a smart baby.  She made friends with your friend and was giving him the best ornament off the tree.  She was repaying him for his kindness.  Aren't they just like kids, except with fur.  And the best part is they don't pack up and run off to college, get married and never come back to live at home again after spending all your money on an education.

Laughing  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: December 26, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »

[I think Angelina is a smart baby.  She made friends with your friend and was giving him the best ornament off the tree.  She was repaying him for his kindness.  Aren't they just like kids, except with fur.  And the best part is they don't pack up and run off to college, get married and never come back to live at home again after spending all your money on an education.

And having you iron a few thousand shirts!  

Tyler, I didn't know you had met my kids!   Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: December 26, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

I found a "Happy New Year" BT avatar and stole it off the internet.  Cool

However, I don't know how to get rid of that watermark thingy on it that is supposed to keep me from stealing it.  Rolling Eyes

If anyone has any suggestions, would you please let me know?  Laughing

Thanks!

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: December 26, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

However, I don't know how to get rid of that watermark thingy on it that is supposed to keep me from stealing it.  Rolling Eyes

Thanks!

I think that watermarkie thingie is there for the very reason you stated, "stealing..."  It prevents it.  LOLOLOL.  I do that to photographs that I use at lectures I do, in case once they have been shown around the room, one does not come back to me. Wink

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2006, 02:05:20 PM »

Thanks!

I think that watermarkie thingie is there for the very reason you stated, "stealing..."  It prevents it.  LOLOLOL.  I do that to photographs that I use at lectures I do, in case once they have been shown around the room, one does not come back to me. Wink

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'm just sure some smart monkey who is good at graphic things can get rid of that pesky watermark for me. I figure they only work against people like me who don't know much.  Razz

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: December 26, 2006, 02:17:56 PM »

Monkeys and Fairness
From September 17, 2003 issue of National Geographic  

If you expect equal pay for equal work, you're not the only species to have a sense of fair play. Blame evolution.

Researchers studying brown capuchin monkeys (Cebus apella) have found that the highly social, cooperative species native to South America show a sense of fairness, the first time such behavior has been documented in a species other than humans.

The question of whether human aversion to unfair treatment—now shown by other primates—is an evolved behavior or the result of the cultural influence of large social institutions like religion, governments, and schools, in the case of humans, has intrigued scientists in recent years.

The new finding suggests evolution may have something to do with it. It also highlights questions about the economic and evolutionary nature of cooperation and its relationship to a species' sense of fairness, while adding yet another chapter to our understanding of primates.

"It looks like this behavior is evolved … it is not simply a cultural construct. There's some good evolutionary reason why we don't like being treated unfairly," said Sarah Brosnan, lead author of the study to be published in tomorrow's issue of the science journal Nature.

Brosnan, a biology Ph. D. candidate schooled in zoology and psychology at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center and Living Links Center at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, said her research was inspired, in part, by studies into human cooperation conducted by Swiss economist Ernst Fehr, who found that people inherently reject unfairness.

http://www.primates.com/monkeys/fairness.html

You can go to the link if you want to read about the cucumber throwing and such that resulted from unfair treatment.   Wink

Did Red and Tom already know this?   Very Happy

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: December 26, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »

Thanks!

If the watermark is overlayed or underlayed on the pic, I'm clueless.  I did have to crop the picture below to delete the icon of the site I found it on.  However, the site said the pics cannot be used for commercial purposes, so I'm legal just using it here.  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: December 26, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Thanks!

If the watermark is overlayed or underlayed on the pic, I'm clueless.  I did have to crop the picture below to delete the icon of the site I found it on.  However, the site said the pics cannot be used for commercial purposes, so I'm legal just using it here.  

That one is cutie pie, too!  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #514 on: December 26, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »

Is it too early for this avatar?  Just thought it went with my regular one... Laughing  Laughing

BT, the pics from Magic95 that Klaas & others post always have that water mark across them....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: December 26, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Is it too early for this avatar?  Just thought it went with my regular one... Laughing  Laughing

BT, the pics from Magic95 that Klaas & others post always have that water mark across them....

Laughing   Laughing  Laughing
My cat only pulled the roll through the apartment once back when she was still an adolescent.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #516 on: December 26, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »

Testing.........
crazybabyborg
« Reply #517 on: December 26, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »

THAT's a little big!  

I love it 2nj!

I love seeing what folks have found!

There's some to choose from in the Monkey Lounge if you want to browse. It's the topic that has a typo that I can't edit! It says; New Year AVAVTARs Here!  Laughing

I gotta go resize this.............
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: December 26, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »

BT~ Give me the link where you found it.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: December 26, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/justinsmama/NewYearBT.jpg

If you want it like this, BT, go for it. I will delte the day after New Year's from my photobucket (or today if you save it to your account).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.