April 27, 2024, 09:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #565 12/25 - 12/27/2006  (Read 96624 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #720 on: December 26, 2006, 11:40:02 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Oldfart  - there's virtually no color in your original avatar so it's hard to add color to it and keep it animated. I can add it unanimated to an animated background though.  Wink

Oh Klass, That's terrific!
You're not going to let him use that face, are you?
If I can get out voted for my Munster Dance, then I veto that face!!! Shocked  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: December 26, 2006, 11:41:55 PM »

Hi Monkeys! The Avatars look great. While I was typing this, they just broke into the news here, Gerald Ford died today.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #722 on: December 26, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Hi Monkeys! The Avatars look great. While I was typing this, they just broke into the news here, Gerald Ford died today.

I just heard that, Elaine. He seemed like a nice man. He was 93 years old.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: December 26, 2006, 11:47:31 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Oldfart  - there's virtually no color in your original avatar so it's hard to add color to it and keep it animated. I can add it unanimated to an animated background though.  Wink

If I can get out voted for my Munster Dance, then I veto that face!!! Shocked  Laughing

I didn't mind your "Munster Dance" and I certainly don't mind Oldfart's face.  That's his original avatar and what I know him by.   Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: December 26, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"

I just heard that, Elaine. He seemed like a nice man. He was 93 years old.
Yikes, yes he sure was, wowsa!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #725 on: December 26, 2006, 11:49:14 PM »

I didn't mind your "Munster Dance" and I certainly don't mind Oldfart's face.  That's his original avatar and what I know him by.   Wink

I'm trying to kid him, Klaas..............
I'd love OF even with a face only a MaMa could love.  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: December 26, 2006, 11:51:07 PM »

LOL! Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #727 on: December 26, 2006, 11:51:24 PM »

Isn't Ford's son a newscaster?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: December 26, 2006, 11:52:22 PM »

I know one of his sons was an actor.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: December 26, 2006, 11:54:22 PM »

Former President Ford Dies

Dec 26, 11:59 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Gerald R. Ford, who picked up the pieces of Richard Nixon's scandal-shattered White House as the 38th and only unelected president in America's history, has died, his wife, Betty, said Tuesday. He was 93.

Ford had battled pneumonia in January 2006 and underwent two heart treatments - including an angioplasty - in August at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

He was the longest living president, followed by Ronald Reagan, who also died at 93. Ford had been living at his desert home in Rancho Mirage, Calif., about 130 miles east of Los Angeles.

Ford was an accidental president, Nixon's hand-picked successor, a man of much political experience who had never run on a national ticket. He was as open and straight-forward as Nixon was tightly-controlled and conspiratorial.

Ford was an accidental president, Nixon's hand-picked successor, a man of much political experience who had never run on a national ticket. He was as open and straight-forward as Nixon was tightly controlled and conspiratorial.

He took office minutes after Nixon flew off into exile and declared "our long national nightmare is over." But he revived the debate a month later by granting Nixon a pardon for all crimes he committed as president. That single act, it was widely believed, cost Ford election to a term of his own in 1976, but it won praise in later years as a courageous act that allowed the nation to move on.

The Vietnam War ended in defeat for the U.S. during his presidency with the fall of Saigon in April 1975. In a speech as the end neared, Ford said: "Today, America can regain the sense of pride that existed before Vietnam. But it cannot be achieved by refighting a war that is finished as far as America is concerned." Evoking Abraham Lincoln, he said it was time to "look forward to an agenda for the future, to unify, to bind up the nation's wounds."

Ford also earned a place in the history books as the first unelected vice president, chosen by Nixon to replace Spiro Agnew who also was forced from office by scandal.

He was in the White House only 895 days, but changed it more than it changed him.

Even after two women tried separately to kill him, the presidency of Jerry Ford remained open and plain.

Not imperial. Not reclusive. And, of greatest satisfaction to a nation numbed by Watergate, not dishonest.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #730 on: December 26, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »

Quote from: "San"

Really San? I didn't know that. I wonder how many kids he had. Betty had a facelift, right? Seems like she was one of the first to be open about it. Mom thought that was Great!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: December 26, 2006, 11:55:16 PM »

Sure you aren't thinking of Reagan's son?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: December 26, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »

Jerry from Aruba.... is he Steve Croes brother?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #733 on: December 26, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »

Sorry, I got lost watching the news on Gerald Ford. So has CBB gotten over her 'tude yet?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: December 26, 2006, 11:58:35 PM »

Really San? I didn't know that. I wonder how many kids he had. Betty had a facelift, right? Seems like she was one of the first to be open about it. Mom thought that was Great!
She also started The Betty Ford Center, which is I beleive a rehab for alcoholics.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #735 on: December 26, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »

Sure you aren't thinking of Reagan's son?

No, I'm not sure. I do know Regan has a son that narrates dog shows, and I think an adopted son who is a newscaster, right? I'm going to have to look this stuff up. I'm confused. ( now, that's a surprise, isn't it? )  Laughing
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: December 26, 2006, 11:59:09 PM »

Klaasend
Thank You ..  this will be great for the New Years change over !!

CBB all I can say is
 Shocked

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #737 on: December 27, 2006, 12:00:16 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Sorry, I got lost watching the news on Gerald Ford. So has CBB gotten over her 'tude yet?

ME??? Lala's you are too cute!  Wink Love the glasses!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: December 27, 2006, 12:00:56 AM »

Here is some info in him.  His name is Steven Ford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Ford
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #739 on: December 27, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

ME??? Lala's you are too cute!  Wink Love the glasses!

Does it hurt to hold your leg like that?  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.