April 25, 2024, 04:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Climategate - Follow the money...$$$$$$$$  (Read 1551 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 14, 2009, 05:42:41 AM »

It's not about saving the planet, it's about making money!!!

HEAT OF THE MOMENT

U.N. climate chief cashes in on carbon

Tied to conglomerate that stands to make hundreds of millions in emissions scheme

A Mumbai-based Indian multinational conglomerate with business ties to Rajendra K. Pachauri, the chairman since 2002 of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, stands to make several hundred million dollars in European Union carbon credits simply by closing a steel production facility in Britain with the loss of 1,700 jobs.

The Tata Group headquartered in Mumbai anticipates receiving windfall profits of up to nearly $2 billion from closing the Corus Redcar steelmaking plant in Britain, with about half of the savings expected to result from cashing in on carbon credits granted the steelmaker by the European Union under the EU's emissions trading scheme, or ETS.

What about the windfall profits all those unemployed workers will receive?  How much of the $2 billion will they be sharing?

The Corus-owned 7.5 million EUAs are estimated at up to $650 million; the company also anticipates "saving" 6 million tons of carbon dioxide by closing the plant and not producing the plant's capacity of 3 million tons of steel. The 6 million tons of carbon dioxide is worth an estimated $130 million at current rates and possibly as much as $325 million at expected market levels.

Arguing that the Brown government needs to provide financial assistance to manufacturing in Britain, Kirby Adams, the chief executive officer of Corus told the newspaper, "Jobs paying £30,000 ($50,000) a year are only in manufacturing sectors or sectors where you are adding value – you are not going to make that flipping burgers."

He added: "In some way I hope that this [decision to close Corus Redcar] will be the final wake-up call or alarm bell to get things across to people in Whitehall and Westminster – we need to help other sectors of the economy, not just the columns of the Bank of England."

In July, thousands of steelworkers marched in Redcar, North Yorks, England, protesting the proposed closing of the Corus steelmaking facility.

The green people don't seem to care about the working class.  It's all about making money!!!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=118659

Welcome to the future!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »

I Pledge Allegiance to Global Warming British scientists sign a government loyalty oath.

The Met Office, Britain's national weather service, "has embarked on an urgent exercise to bolster the reputation of climate-change science" in the wake of a whistle-blower's revelation of widespread misconduct by climate scientists, London's Times reports:

More than 1,700 scientists have agreed to sign a statement defending the "professional integrity" of global warming research. They were responding to a round-robin request from the Met Office, which has spent four days collecting signatures. . . .

One scientist told The Times he felt under pressure to sign. "The Met Office is a major employer of scientists and has long had a policy of only appointing and working with those who subscribe to their views on man-made global warming," he said.

White House Suicide Threat
"The Obama administration is warning Congress that if it doesn't move to regulate greenhouse gases, the Environmental Protection Agency will take a 'command-and-control' role over the process in a way that could hurt business,"...

The anonymous official's formulation elides a crucial point: The EPA is part of the administration. So really, the threat to Congress should be in the first person: If you don't pass Cap'n trade, we are going to adopt economy-destroying command-and-control regs. Think about what effect that would have on President Obama's prospects of re-election, and you realize that this is actually a political suicide threat.

More here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703514404574587811671196406.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »

Top scientists rally to the defence of the Met Office

More than 1,700 scientists have agreed to sign a statement defending the “professional integrity” of global warming research. They were responding to a round-robin request from the Met Office, which has spent four days collecting signatures. The initiative is a sign of how worried it is that e-mails stolen from the University of East Anglia are fuelling scepticism about man-made global warming at a critical moment in talks on carbon emissions.

One scientist said that he felt under pressure to sign the circular or risk losing work. The Met Office admitted that many of the signatories did not work on climate change.

The 1,700 signatories, a fraction of the research scientists working in Britain...

more here - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6951029.ece

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:03:06 AM »

Alarmists - In ten years the world will be a scorched dead planet...

Copenhagen = we'll delay agreement for SIX years...

Copenhagen stalls decision on catastrophic climate change for six years

The key decision on preventing catastrophic climate change will be delayed for up to six years if the Copenhagen summit delivers a compromise deal which ignores advice from the UN’s science body.

World leaders will not agree on the emissions cuts recommended by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and are likely instead to commit to reviewing them in 2015 or 2016.

“If you actually manage to cut emissions by 18 per cent by 2020, you would have made a very, very big change in the way economies work,” he said, before adding: “Don’t let the best be the enemy of the good.”

Is there something worse than being unemployed, homeless, hungry and living in an economy that is in decline? 

Maybe the global elite just don't get it?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6955237.ece

How much are the green leaders/wealthy global elite losing for every job that remains in the US?

How much will they make for evry factory that closes, and every job that moves to foreign nations?

A global trading scheme makes money for some, does the money generated on the trade clean anything?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »

Further, an e-mail exchange suggested the suppression of information: "Can you delete any e-mails you may have had with Keith re (Assessment Report 4)? Keith will do likewise. He's not in at the moment – minor family crisis."

Gray said, "This conspiracy would become much more manifest if all the e-mails of the publicly funded climate-research groups of the U.S. and of foreign governments were ever made public."

His comments are posted at ClimateDepot.com as world leaders are conferencing in Copenhagen to discuss taking drastic economic measures to curb "global warming."

Gray warns that the likely agreements coming out of Copenhagen, the cap-and-trade bill before Congress and the Environmental Protection Agency's decision announced this week to treat carbon dioxide as a pollutant "represents a grave threat to the industrial world's continued economic development."

"We should not allow these proposals to restrict our economic growth," Gray said. "Any United Nations climate bill our country might sign would act as an infringement on our country's sovereignty."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=118432

Anyone investigating the other climate organizations?  Their emails?  Data?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.