March 18, 2024, 10:23:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisc. Doesn't Work Ex. "Drug dealers use child care as front"  (Read 1637 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 14, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »

I wonder how much the state of Wisconsin pays for child care, and other programs that end up wasted?  Fraud?  Abuse of taxpayers generosity?

Drug dealers use child care as front
Links between day care centers, traffickers common

More than a dozen Wisconsin child-care centers that reaped millions of dollars in state subsidies have had close ties to drug-dealing operations, including big-time crime bosses, a Journal Sentinel investigation has found.

The newspaper identified 16 child-care centers with recent connections to drug operations, and the number is likely much higher. Those 16 alone have collected more than $8.5 million in public subsidies since 2006.

more here - http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/79146592.html

Apparently, in Wisconsin, Child Care and Drugs pay big time.  Millions...

This article is part of a series.

We need politicians that want to clean up this mess, not continue it, or expand it.

It seems like he more we spend on social programs, the bigger the drug problem, and an increasing number of people live in poverty.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:43:27 PM »

In August, the newspaper published a story detailing how one provider amassed nearly $3 million in taxpayer dollars, and built a mansion in Menomonee Falls with an indoor swimming pool and indoor basketball court - all while regulators ignored numerous warning signs that she was conning the system.

Investigators identified parents jumping from one center to the next asking providers to pretend to employ them and then offering to fake the enrollment of their children. Such a move can bring in roughly $200 a week per child from the state, depending on the age of the child, for 40 hours of care.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/78835052.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.