April 19, 2024, 11:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropped cell phone in dog's water dish!  (Read 6585 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« on: December 25, 2006, 06:41:56 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I scooped it up very quickly but the power was ON when it took the dive.  Dried it off and it took a while for me to get the battery off as I was "spazzing" about the whole ordeal.

It's been over 24 hrs.  I've read a bit on different web sites.  I have insurance but I've read that you get a used phone and not a new one so I'd like to save this one... plus the nos. are in it etc.

It's sitting on a heat vent now...

OK Monks ---- what advice do you have?!!!  Appreciate it!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

Bean~ Some of my coworkers have dropped their phones into toilets, and they were okay.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

Cell Phone Story

Frijole, your story reminded me of one of my stories.

I have a very old cell phone, a red Nokia 8260. A couple of years ago, I lost it in my apartment. I went Googling and found a new one in the box on eBay. I didn't have the heart to reprogram all my numbers into it. I just entered a few. Then I got worried. What if I lost the second one? I am into technology but not into new cell phone technology. I don't need to receive calls, don't need to take pics, don't need text messaging, I just a need a phone to call out for emergencies. So I found a third one on eBay. Now I was secure. If I lost the second one, I still had the third one. Guess what, one day I found the first one in a hidden corner of my dresser. I reverted back to the first one and now I have two spares.  Laughing   Rolling Eyes

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 10:10:01 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Cell Phone Story

Frijole, your story reminded me of one of my stories.

I have a very old cell phone, a red Nokia 8260. A couple of years ago, I lost it in my apartment. I went Googling and found a new one in the box on eBay. I didn't have the heart to reprogram all my numbers into it. I just entered a few. Then I got worried. What if I lost the second one? I am into technology but not into new cell phone technology. I don't need to receive calls, don't need to take pics, don't need text messaging, I just a need a phone to call out for emergencies. So I found a third one on eBay. Now I was secure. If I lost the second one, I still had the third one. Guess what, one day I found the first one in a hidden corner of my dresser. I reverted back to the first one and now I have two spares.  Laughing   Rolling Eyes

Good idea!  Mine is sitting on the heating vent so I am doubly sure it gets dried out before I try to turn it back on.... Ugh...  And yes, the thought of programming nos. back into it is NOT a pleasant thought.  

This thing was in it's "holster" on my hip and came OUT when I went to grab a food dish... landed PLOP into the water dish.... Funny now but not at the time!   Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 12:27:26 AM »

YIKES Bean, have to admit mr none dropped his into a bathroom sink and after it dried out for two days it worked fine????? Still works fine? I think he did get a new battery but that was it? Son has it now.......still ticking.

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

How's the cell phone, Bean?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 07:01:13 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

LOL... dunno yet... I gave it over 48 hrs of rest to make sure it was dry... checked in here for advice prior to plugging the dang thing in... wish me luck.  I'll report back.   Laughing
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Well.. the message on it worked...it seems to be working but when I placed a call the reception was a bit fuzzy -- not sure if it was because I dialed another cell phone or if the sound is affected from the doggie bowl douche!   Laughing  Laughing

Guess I'll find out soon enough.  J's mama hope your mother is continuing to do better... haven't had time to read much today.  Hugs to you.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »

Aw Beaner, that's too bad  Crying or Very sad Little Pooh dropped mine into a glass of iced tea one day, quite deliberately  Shocked  Shocked and it DID recover, although the screen was much, much dimmer...Then one night a few weeks later, it was sprinkling ever so slightly and I walked the 20 feet from the car to the house and it must have gotten wet, and it never worked again after that! The people at Cingular couldn't even get the numbers off the phone! I didn't have them saved to my card. I thought since the numbers were programmed into my phone that they were saved to my card--but alas, they were not  Crying or Very sad

Hope yours turns out fine and that all of your numbers are still retrievable  Wink

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.