March 19, 2024, 12:07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dead on Arrival - the new Democrat's amnesty bill"  (Read 1535 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 15, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »

Not all change is reform. Sometimes the status quo is better than proposed changes, and the new Democratic's amnesty bill is a case in point.

I haven't seen the full text of the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform  for America's Security and Prosperity Act of 2009" (CIR ASAP) yet, but the immigration lawyers' think tank has a pretty detailed summary (in pdf here), which would suggest that they wrote the bill, and it shows. The "border security" section is larded with the appearance of action without any real action: "formalize a national strategy," "Creates a Southern Border Security Task Force," "take an inventory," "additional training," "requiring a study." In fact, the section takes a big step backward by suspending Operation Streamline, which prosecutes all illegal crossers along certain stretches of the border.

The measure would also scrap the current successful E-Verify system and establish a totally new electronic verification system, ensuring that it will be years and years before there's a functioning system, which is the point. It would hugely increase legal immigration  by exempting from the ostensible "cap" on numbers more and more categories, including the spouses and children of green-card holders (only those of citizens are now unlimited). The result would be an increase in legal immigration of hundreds of thousands each year. The amnesty is, of course, laughably loose, including among its few requirements that immigrants "attest to having made contributions to the U.S. through employment, education, military service , or other volunteer/community service." Well, who would attest otherwise?

http://www.rightsidenews.com/200912167795/editorial/dead-on-arrival-the-new-democratic-amnesty-bill.html

I wonder if anyone will get to see this bill?  Will it be done behind closed doors?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »

CIR ASAP would grant amnesty to virtually every illegal alien in the United States and vastly increase future flows of low-skilled, low-wage immigrants. The legislation focuses exclusively on satisfying the demands of illegal aliens, ethnic interest groups and cheap labor employers, while offering nothing that serves the interests of law-abiding Americans.

No jobs for American citizens and those here legally.  All the stimulus, healthcare bennies for free if you come illegally...

"CIR ASAP offers nothing to law-abiding Americans, except more competition for scarce jobs, higher taxes, and more government deficits," Stein said. "While American families are feeling the pain of this deep and protracted recession, Rep. Gutierrez, with the backing of the Democratic leadership and the White House, seems to be focused on political payoffs for a narrow group of amnesty obsessed constituencies.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/house-democrats-massive-amnesty-bill-certain-to-encounter-fierce-public-opposition-predicts-fair-79359717.html

When do American citizens and those here legally get humane treatment? 

When do they come first?  Go to the head of the line?

It's the Anti-American Administration in action...

No jobs or prosperity for Americans.  Americans just get higher debts...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »

"How long till we realize the White House is the enemy?"

more here - http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/18939

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »

Illegal immigration axis

Pro-amnesty groups get a larger role

The Obama administration has dramatically realigned the 2010 census, practically transforming it into an arm of the illegal-immigration lobby by partnering with nearly two dozen pro-amnesty organizations. A comparison of census documents from 2000 reveals that's three times as many illegal-alien-amnesty organizations as were active during the Clinton administration census.

...The count of illegal immigrants could shift as many as eight congressional seats and reshape the Electoral College map for the next presidential election.

As many as five battleground states from the 2008 election are slated to lose or gain seats before the 2012 election - changing each state's number of Electoral College votes - because of the illegal alien count.

ACORN small potatoes?  ACORN a distraction?

Seven Census Bureau partners are part of an umbrella group called the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda, an organization that loudly advocates amnesty for millions of illegals.

Leading the way is the National Council of La Raza, whose leaders serve as representatives on the NHLA board and on several committees. La Raza, which means "the race," was founded on the idea that much of the American Southwest was "stolen" from Mexico and should be returned.

more here - http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/11/illegal-immigration-axis-492543/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.