April 24, 2024, 05:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT/ Good thoughts needed here .  (Read 7204 times)
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« on: July 11, 2006, 07:41:16 AM »

First let me apoligize if this is too far off topic and you may remove it if need be. Jerry

Well here on Sunday Night we had one heck of a storm go thru here

am sad to say that I was in the middel of the storm I had two big (35 foot and up )  pine trees  blow down and a third was broken in two and that one hit my house and went into the roof and punched a hole in it about 4 feet around .
  the big tree that I lost  (was uprooted)  was a very personal thing for me because my mother and Dad
who ave sincepassed on
  bought and planted it 27 years ago the day my daugter was born as a tribute to her Birth.
It was close to 45 ft high and the wind just uprooted it and had a man look at it to see if it  could be replanted but he said  too many of the tap roots had been torn out  .
    68 MPH winds at the airport  about a mile away  ?  Tornado ??  well we'll see what they say today
  The main thing is that I and ALL the animals  are safe and sound, cats were scared shitless and all
  came running to me in bed as it went thru  but other then that we are all ok .
   If any one is inclined  any prayers a or good thoughts will be appriciated
  Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:35:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"
First let me apoligize if this is too far off topic and you may remove it if need be. Jerry

Well here on Sunday Night we had one heck of a storm go thru here

am sad to say that I was in the middel of the storm I had two big (35 foot and up )  pine trees  blow down and a third was broken in two and that one hit my house and went into the roof and punched a hole in it about 4 feet around .
  the big tree that I lost  (was uprooted)  was a very personal thing for me because my mother and Dad
who ave sincepassed on   Jerry I am so sorry....but know that the love that  tree represents is still there....
  bought and planted it 27 years ago the day my daugter was born as a tribute to her Birth.
It was close to 45 ft high and the wind just uprooted it and had a man look at it to see if it  could be replanted but he said  too many of the tap roots had been torn out  .
    68 MPH winds at the airport  about a mile away  ?  Tornado ??  well we'll see what they say today
  The main thing is that I and ALL the animals  are safe and sound, cats were scared shitless and all   came running to me in bed as it went thru  but other then that we are all ok . thank the Lord for that...it certainly sounds frightening.....but everyone is OK...that's the main thing....   If any one is inclined  any prayers a or good thoughts will be appriciated
  Jerry from Ohio

I will remember you in my prayers and thank the Lord that you and all your loved ones were kept safe from harm,

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 01:55:39 AM »

You've got it. The Monkeys and their loved ones are always in my prayers.

I'm sorry about your trees.  I know that well.  I lost a sentimental tree.  We took a cross section and made a rudimentary table. So we still have the tree in our home. I hope you can salvage you trees and have someone plank, cure, and build you some nice stuff.

I planted an apple seed in kindergarten and now it is a ~30ft apple tree!!

I'm very glad you and you animals are ok.

My best friend is from the mid-west she told me she always had nightmares that involved tornatos.  I always had nightmares involving tidalwaves (living in NJ coast in summers).

Stay safe.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:13:45 AM »

I'm just reading this now, Jerry...  I'm sorry ~ I hardly ever venture off the main thread ~ I have to get used to looking around a bit...

I'm so glad that you, your men and your animals are OK ~ and I like Sunny's idea of perhaps making a table from a cross-section of that tree...

{{{hugs}}} Prayers are being sent your way!

P.S.  Please don't think that the Monkeys don't care ~ probably most of us haven't even seen this thread...  A lot of us just pop in to the daily thread.
A little suggestion ~ maybe next time post something like this in the Monkey Lounge ~ a lot of the Monkeys go there to read....   Embarassed Again, I'm one of the bad Monkeys ~ I hardly ever venture there so I might not have seen it other than by accident...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:08:24 AM »

could bring some equipment over if you were closer

Very Happy

hope things get better

Very Happy

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »

Thank goodness you are safe and your animals had you to run to!
You could make a pine table or another piece of furniture from the tree/s your parent's planted.  Maybe take a long log and chainsaw down the middle to make a planter?  Big pine logs can be turned on their ends and positioned around a campfire for seating.  Smaller pieces and branches can make an attractive edge for your garden.    It sounds like you will be a busy guy.  Good luck.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.