April 19, 2024, 11:02:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 442271 times)
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2010, 01:26:46 PM »

I hope this explains it for you..

3. Signatures.

a. Any court rule requiring that a document be signed by an attorney is satisfied by inserting “/s/” on the document’s signature line, typing the signatory’s name under that line, and successfully registering and submitting filings with
the Court of Appeals, Division Two’s, electronic filing system.

b. Any court rule requiring that a certificate of service be signed is satisfied by the following:
(i) Inserting “/s/” on the document signature line and typing the signatory’s name under that line, if the certificate of service is attached to a document and the server is acting at the direction of the submitting
party; or
(ii) Inserting “/s/” on the document’s signature line, typing the signatory’s name under that line, and successfully registering and submitting filings with the Court of Appeals, Division Two’s, electronic filing system, if the certificate of service is a separate document.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »

Hello monkeys....Smile

Could this be what Kathy was after...

Defendant’s objection to Orange County’s opposition by letter to proposed amended order on defendant’s motion for protective order

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22282699/detail.html

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Hi Protect   Bet that's it for certain!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »

Brandi,is that something to do with electronic signature?   
I work for an attorney and /s/ is an electronc signature. 

ahhh .. thank you. Figured it had to be something like that. But not even google could help me with "/s/"

heh

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2010, 01:35:59 PM »

Thank you for your summary also, Protect the little babies!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »

Brandi,is that something to do with electronic signature?   
I work for an attorney and /s/ is an electronc signature. 

Thanks Kdel.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »

Thank you too Protect the little babies   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »

"... Miss Anthony's attorneys may have to advise their client that the meetings cannot continue for fear of confidential information leaking to the press. Miss Anthony's counsel does not wish to give her this advice, but if they cannot meet with their client without the threat of videotapes of those meetings being distributed to the public, they will be forced to do so. The inability to meet with counsel, and its attendant ramifications, will amount to per se ineffective assistance of counsel."
    Okay what exactly is this nonsense meaning? Are they threatening, are they setting this up for ineffective assistance of counsel? 

can they not already say ineffective assistance of counsel from what we have seen of Bobo?
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »

"... Miss Anthony's attorneys may have to advise their client that the meetings cannot continue for fear of confidential information leaking to the press. Miss Anthony's counsel does not wish to give her this advice, but if they cannot meet with their client without the threat of videotapes of those meetings being distributed to the public, they will be forced to do so. The inability to meet with counsel, and its attendant ramifications, will amount to per se ineffective assistance of counsel."
    Okay what exactly is this nonsense meaning? Are they threatening, are they setting this up for ineffective assistance of counsel? 

IMO this means that her attorneys are sick of meeting with her, seeing her make angry monkey faces  everytime they tell her to do something and they don't want to see her anymore.  This is their legal way out. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

Thank you for your summary also, Protect the little babies!
Yes, thank-you, did not know this.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »

The Jail has a policy of recording the meetings for the safety of everyone, such videos between Casey and her lawyers to date have not been released. The judge isn't going to give her special treatment, so what really is this all about?
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »

IMO this means that her attorneys are sick of meeting with her, seeing her make angry monkey faces  everytime they tell her to do something and they don't want to see her anymore.  This is their legal way out. 
  that would be sweet to see them all bail on her. It would be a nice clean way for Lyon's to extricate herself from the quicksand......might be a lil harder for the esteemed attorney baez to let go of his golden goose though!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2010, 02:14:15 PM »

can they not already say ineffective assistance of counsel from what we have seen of Bobo?

NR~   that's a double BAM on that!!!!!!   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »

Casey Anthony: What are terms of reported plea deal?

WFTV-Channel 9 yesterday reported that Casey Anthony has taken a plea deal in her check-fraud case. But today, the ABC affiliate noted that it didn’t know the terms of the deal.

The trial in the check-fraud case was supposed to start Monday, but was canceled Tuesday.   Anthony is expected to enter her plea at a hearing Monday afternoon. She is accused of stealing checks from a friend.

WESH-Channel 2 quoted a source who said that the hearing is an indication that that a plea deal is in the works. Motions in Anthony’s murder case also will be heard Monday, WESH said.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her child, Caylee. That trial is expected to start this summer.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/01/casey-anthony-what-are-terms-of-reported-plea-deal.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

JMO....pure bullchit!  None of their meetings have been recorded via audio and none of the video's have been released. As far as the so called intercom ...that's crap too. They were told by jail officials they would put them in an area where there were no windows, as they were complaining they were being spied on by the guards.  For the love of st. pete, all along they have wanted special treatment. They just don't get it. Casey is in jail accused of MURDER. She is a nothing who committed a horrendous crime. Her parents and defense team have made sure the case has been kept in the news by their outrageous appearances in the media. SHE IS NOT SPECIAL. Her daughter was special and she killed her. I just wonder when/if JS is going to get fed up and say ENOUGH and start sanctioning and fining them for their behaviour and wasting the courts time.  This is a stupid childish threat and I hope to hell they are called on it. As I said...JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »

The Jail has a policy of recording the meetings for the safety of everyone, such videos between Casey and her lawyers to date have not been released. The judge isn't going to give her special treatment, so what really is this all about?

AL said she was going to throw out motions, lots of motions, not expecting any to be ruled on favorably...I think they are doing this to try to say how poorly KC was treated. Poor little thing couldn't even speak to her attorney(s) without the big bad LE spying on her Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »

I want one of the reporters to ask George how proud he is of his daughter after she admits her guilt to stealing from AMY?  What excuse will he possibly be able to come up with this time?  How is is gonna spin this?  Casey has a twin that stole the money? Amy told her to use her check book cause Amy owed KC money? Casey was gonna put it back in Amy's account from her next paycheck?  From the job she didn't have, but Cindy got her arrested. Come on George...tell us how proud you are of KC!! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/

Casey Anthony: What next? I’m scratching my head
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on January, 20 2010 6:25 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

WFTV-Channel 9 reported tonight that Casey Anthony’s attorneys evidently plan to take their chances with Judge Stan Strickland in the check-fraud case.

I think that’s what reporter Kathi Belich was trying to say. It was a confusing report, coming after Belich’s  report last night that Anthony was accepting a plea deal.

Evidently, that may not be the case anymore. It’s hard to tell, even after listening to the report three times.

Tonight WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer speculated that the defense could probably do better with the judge than with what the state is offering in a plea deal.

So Belich is reporting that the trial could begin Monday afternoon and that the defense doesn’t want a jury trial.

I think that’s what she’s saying. Of course, this story leaves a lot of room for speculation until we hear from Anthony on Monday.

One thing I know for sure: Casey Anthony has not pled to me.

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22286349/detail.html

Casey Defense May Bypass Prosecutors On Plea Deal

Posted: 5:42 pm EST January 20, 2010
Updated: 6:31 pm EST January 20, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It appears Casey Anthony’s defense team is planning to bypass prosecutors and take its chances on a check fraud plea deal with the judge. Between an expected plea and trial delays, it seems like her defense lawyers are doing everything they can to avoid a jury.

BILL SHEAFFER: 1/20 Analysis   
http://www.wftv.com/video/22285132/index.html

If Casey's check fraud case were to go to a jury, it would see security video of her at the teller window of the Bank of America on South Conway Road in Orlando, less than a month after Caylee disappeared, cashing a stolen check from her best friend with her friend's forged name on it.

A jury would see Casey Anthony smile at the teller as she took the $250 cash from her best friend Amy Huizenga's checking account. A jury would see Casey at the checkout at Target stores and Winn Dixie with stolen checks, buying her white sunglasses, beer, food, lingerie and even the blue hoodie that she was arrested in.

Casey initially pled not guilty to the check fraud charges, asked for a change of venue and tried to get the judge to drop some of the charges. But now, Eyewitness News has learned, she's planning to take her chances with the judge.

“If you can't do any worse with the judge than what the state has offered you in a plea, then you can do better,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Wednesday.

Sheaffer suspects the defense and prosecutors couldn't come to terms on the issue of adjudication, whether Casey would be adjudicated or convicted. If she were to be convicted, it might limit her option to take the stand during her murder trial, because prosecutors could ask her whether she's ever been convicted and it would damage her credibility with the jury.

The defense doesn't have to take its chances with the judge; it could go to trial. But Sheaffer says taking responsibility for the crime usually brings a lighter sentence.

“You go to trial and your client gets convicted, they're going to suffer a harsher penalty,” Sheaffer said.

The plan for a plea comes on the heels of Eyewitness News reports exposing defense attorney Andrea Lyon's disparaging comments about jurors. On the recording, Lyon bashed judges, female prosecutors, victim's advocates and even called jurors “killers.”

“You can give the killers on your jury, and there are some, the ammunition they need to go after people,” Lyons said while lecturing local lawyers in 2008.

The expected plea is not etched in stone. Anytime between now and Monday afternoon, Casey could change her mind.

“As Yogi Berra said, ‘It ain't over 'til it's over,’” Sheaffer said.

If Casey decides to go to trial, it might start Monday, even though the defense has not yet questioned alleged victim Amy Huizenga under oath. The judge has said in court that her check case would be resolved either with a plea or trial on January 25.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:52 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22286349/detail.html
Casey Defense May Bypass Prosecutors On Plea Deal

Posted: 5:42 pm EST January 20, 2010Updated: 6:31 pm EST January 20, 2010

Comment On This Story ››
ORLANDO, Fla. -- It appears Casey Anthony’s defense team is planning to bypass prosecutors and take its chances on a check fraud plea deal with the judge. Between an expected plea and trial delays, it seems like her defense lawyers are doing everything they can to avoid a jury.
If Casey's check fraud case were to go to a jury, it would see security video of her at the teller window of the Bank of America on South Conway Road in Orlando, less than a month after Caylee disappeared, cashing a stolen check from her best friend with her friend's forged name on it.

A jury would see Casey Anthony smile at the teller as she took the $250 cash from her best friend Amy Huizenga's checking account. A jury would see Casey at the checkout at Target stores and Winn Dixie with stolen checks, buying her white sunglasses, beer, food, lingerie and even the blue hoodie that she was arrested in.

Casey initially pled not guilty to the check fraud charges, asked for a change of venue and tried to get the judge to drop some of the charges. But now, Eyewitness News has learned, she's planning to take her chances with the judge.

“If you can't do any worse with the judge than what the state has offered you in a plea, then you can do better,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Wednesday.

Sheaffer suspects the defense and prosecutors couldn't come to terms on the issue of adjudication, whether Casey would be adjudicated or convicted. If she were to be convicted, it might limit her option to take the stand during her murder trial, because prosecutors could ask her whether she's ever been convicted and it would damage her credibility with the jury.
The defense doesn't have to take its chances with the judge; it could go to trial. But Sheaffer says taking responsibility for the crime usually brings a lighter sentence.

“You go to trial and your client gets convicted, they're going to suffer a harsher penalty,” Sheaffer said.

The plan for a plea comes on the heels of Eyewitness News reports exposing defense attorney Andrea Lyon's disparaging comments about jurors. On the recording, Lyon bashed judges, female prosecutors, victim's advocates and even called jurors “killers.”

“You can give the killers on your jury, and there are some, the ammunition they need to go after people,” Lyons said while lecturing local lawyers in 2008.

The expected plea is not etched in stone. Anytime between now and Monday afternoon, Casey could change her mind.

“As Yogi Berra said, ‘It ain't over 'til it's over,’” Sheaffer said.

If Casey decides to go to trial, it might start Monday, even though the defense has not yet questioned alleged victim Amy Huizenga under oath. The judge has said in court that her check case would be resolved either with a plea or trial on January 25.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »

So Belich is reporting that the trial could begin Monday afternoon and that the defense doesn’t want a jury trial.  So now the judge might hear the trial, with no jury, WTH 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.