April 19, 2024, 06:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 442320 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1040 on: February 03, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »

New Motions Filed In Anthony Trial
Prosecution Asks For More Time To Go Over New Evidence

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Lawyers in the trial of Casey Anthony have filed two new motions.

In what defense lawyers are calling a rare request, prosecutors have asked to meet behind closed doors with Judge Stan Strickland.

In the motion, the assistant state attorney said the team wants more time to go over new materials and information that has come into the hands of law enforcement. Prosecutors said they want to meet with the judge and ask to delay turning that information over to the defense.

Attorney Richard Hornsby said the state needs to determine how the materials affect the murder case against Anthony. If the information is coming from a new witness, he said the state needs more time to prevent the defense from discrediting or scaring away that person from testifying.

Lawyers have also filed a timeline for the case, which may push the trial back to May 2011. Under the timeline, prosecutors must depose their witnesses by the end of August, while the defense has until Halloween to list who it will call as witnesses.

The defense will have until January to depose their witnesses. Lawyers must also show why the case is being delayed if the deadlines can't be met.

As of Wednesday, Anthony has been in jail for 421 days.

O boy!

I wonder if it's info from Dom Casey depo.......IMO the State already deposed Dom, but isn't public knowledge. I could be wrong....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: February 03, 2010, 08:20:25 PM »

wow trimm
sure is kinda slow in here these days. Do you think Judge Strickland will allow this cherade to drag on till 2011 ? I would think he wont.

I hope it doesn't drag out that long.   
It is a little slow in here.Some of us have been over in the Haleigh Cummings thread.It is interesting over there right now.   

yeah trimm
I am watching Misty on nancy grace now. what a wah wah baby!! geez this girl is not mature yet shes just a kid. I will be at the cummings thread tomorrow. this has been a busy week for me I am planning on moving in a few days so my time is  taken but I have to sneak in here to see whats new.
you too have a good night.
Have a good evening.   

Loca
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1042 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »

Maybe we should all write strickland about our disgust at the way the defense is intentionaly refusing to turn over  information by the deadline set by the courts.
but my reason for suggesting we write to strickland is this. I think that baez does not know what he is doing his lack of experience is only working against the prosecution to bring this case to trial in a timely manor. Where else have we seen that a trial is allowed to drag on for that many years as they are requesting. It is not fair to caylee the victim for this cherade to continue. If baez doesnt know what he is doing and perhaps he is confused and stumped as how to proceed. than he needs to take his incompetent rump roast! off this case. It has become ovious that he doesnt know what he is doing! theres no excuse for this kind of incompetence.

let's stop this madness!

Good evening Monkeys and guest!

Wonder what this new evidence is. Wow my curiosity is killing me.

Loca...writing to the judge is a big no-no. He has already made it clear in one of the hearings last year that it should  not happen.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html
 Prosecutors Want Private Hearing In Casey Case
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:30:05 PM
ORLANDO -- News 13 has just obtained a copy of a motion prosecutors filed in the case late Wednesday afternoon.

In it, prosecutors are asking for a private hearing with the judge.

They don't want the defense present.  They don't want Casey Anthony there, and they don't want the public involved.

In the motion, prosecutors say they have received certain materials and information, and they have "good cause" to delay their release.

The defense would have the right to object to this meeting.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »

Maybe we should all write strickland about our disgust at the way the defense is intentionaly refusing to turn over  information by the deadline set by the courts.
but my reason for suggesting we write to strickland is this. I think that baez does not know what he is doing his lack of experience is only working against the prosecution to bring this case to trial in a timely manor. Where else have we seen that a trial is allowed to drag on for that many years as they are requesting. It is not fair to caylee the victim for this cherade to continue. If baez doesnt know what he is doing and perhaps he is confused and stumped as how to proceed. than he needs to take his incompetent rump roast! off this case. It has become ovious that he doesnt know what he is doing! theres no excuse for this kind of incompetence.

let's stop this madness!

Good evening Monkeys and guest!

Wonder what this new evidence is. Wow my curiosity is killing me.

Loca...writing to the judge is a big no-no. He has already made it clear in one of the hearings last year that it should  not happen.

Hi Darla and everyone.
Curiosity is killing me, too!    I hope whatever it is, it the the final nail in her coffin.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: February 03, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1046 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:52 PM »

wow trimm
sure is kinda slow in here these days. Do you think Judge Strickland will allow this cherade to drag on till 2011 ? I would think he wont.

It is a little slow in here.Some of us have been over in the Haleigh Cummings thread.It is interesting over there right now.   
Have a good evening.   
I guessed that one right the other day, I figured it wouldn't start until Spring 2011. 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1047 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »

That says it all!   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: February 03, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »

wow trimm

Have a good evening.   
I guessed that one right the other day, I figured it wouldn't start until Spring 2011. 

Yep.  You sure did.    Well, at least her sorry azz is in jail.   I hope she's enjoying her beautiful life.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: February 03, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

let's stop this madness!

I totally understand frustration & impatience for Caylee's justice, however, it is not considered appropriate to communicate with the sitting judge in a case unless it is special circumstances regarding direct evidence or individuals linked to the case against a defendant & then that is usually done by legal representation be it by motion to the court or approved conference in chambers because the appearance of decisions being made from the bench due to public opinion and/or outcry is considered unethical, if the defense were able to establish that this judge is tainted they can ask for his recusal from the case (removal).    Of course someone like "Joy, ray of sunshine, not" would with no regard but we all know why someone like that would, she's flippin bat snit crazy!   This is also partially why so many states debate whether cameras should be in the courtroom because of the public glare & opinion on the case, defense teams largely arguing that it prejudices their client.  There are also concerns at the time an appeal was filed after conviction that the defense may use these excuses.

IMHO Judge Strickland has a handle on this case & he's just letting the defense put a noose around their necks & afford them every opportunity to defend their client - the fact that Andrea Lyons is there as an out of state death penalty qualified attorney (her self-proclaiming to be the top dog of advocating for murderers) should signal to us all that Casey's guilt is known by all & a conviction is beyond almost certain.   Actually, these delays and motions are not uncommon in other major murder cases - quite a lot of them take a year or two to get to trial.   I am not sure I agree with May 2011 but I would say no sooner than late fall or winter is not out of the question.

Evidently the State has new information/evidence that they do not want tainted or harassed by the defense - to me that is even better sign as to what Casey's fate will be.   The bottom line is no one is in a hurry, that evil wench will never see the light of day again.   I decided to start looking at it this way, Caylee already began getting justice when her mother was stupid enough to leave a trail of evidence to her guilt... law enforcement (bless them) and the justice system including a jury of her peers will finish the job, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1050 on: February 03, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »

wow trimm

Have a good evening.   

You sure did ...
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/22442934/detail.html
New Motions Filed In Anthony Trial
Prosecution Asks For More Time To Go Over New Evidence

POSTED: 7:04 pm EST February 3, 2010
UPDATED: 7:59 pm EST February 3, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Lawyers in the trial of Casey Anthony have filed two new motions.

In what defense lawyers are calling a rare request, prosecutors have asked to meet behind closed doors with Judge Stan Strickland.

In the motion, the assistant state attorney said the team wants more time to go over new materials and information that has come into the hands of law enforcement. Prosecutors said they want to meet with the judge and ask to delay turning that information over to the defense.

Attorney Richard Hornsby said the state needs to determine how the materials affect the murder case against Anthony. If the information is coming from a new witness, he said the state needs more time to prevent the defense from discrediting or scaring away that person from testifying.

Lawyers have also filed a timeline for the case, which may push the trial back to May 2011. Under the timeline, prosecutors must depose their witnesses by the end of August, while the defense has until Halloween to list who it will call as witnesses.
The defense will have until January to depose their witnesses. Lawyers must also show why the case is being delayed if the deadlines can't be met.

As of Wednesday, Anthony has been in jail for 421 days.

~ Peter Frampton
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: February 03, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »

Hello Monkeys!!
Today I got really depress to see Casey in the news and see nothing about little Aja Johnson has been missing since last week.
I watched NG and she did not talk about the girl and instead she talked about Misty and her lies ...remind me so much to Casey...
I pray for Aja safe return and her family. Her father is asking us not forget his daughter but the media likes to pay more attention to the trouble mothers don't care about kids.
 an angelic monkey
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

TRIM Thanks for posting those videos for us to see again.  I loved it when Megyn Kelly didn't let Cindy get away with her BS.  And in the second video, the first  shot of Cindy showed her real personality, that of a mean, vindictive, lying woman who wouldn't admit to the truth if it bit her in the arse.  I love that picture where someone turned Cindy into the Grinch.  She becomes more Grinchlike with each passing day.  She truly is an evil person.

Hi Babybear.

If you are talking about this one, I am afraid I am the guilty party. LOL

It does do her justice, though, I believe.

Yes BRANDI That's it.  You did a great job.  It took some imagination to see that she makes the perfect Grinch.  Even her face looks like a Grinch.  Good show, talented lady.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: February 03, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »

There is no law which prevents citizens from writing judges to give their opinion.  Whether or not the judge would read them is a different matter.  However, in this case as I recall the judge received two letters from inmates declaring that they can prove Casey is innocent. These letters were certainly read by someone if not the judge and ended up as documents released to the public.  So I say if it makes you feel better, write the judge. He might not see it, but it might be a source of satisfaction. Then too it might end up in the public domain so be careful not to libel anyone.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »

Hmmm.  Meeting behind closed doors without the defense.  Could it be latent fingerprints?  No, that wouldn't be something that whoever made the determination could be hounded from here to hell and back about like Kronk. Whatever it is, the SA must not trust the defense with the info.  Maybe they fear they'll be on every morning show to disclose what it is.  I have no words to describe the disdain in which I hold Baez and Lyon.  Especially Baez who is an inept boor.  And bore, too. While I have no sympathy for Casey and am glad that she has (IMO) inadequate representation, any defendant deserves better than Baez.  Well, maybe not deserves, but is entitled to under our laws.  Actually, I'm just dying to know what it is.  I must say that this case has kept my brain from turning to mush.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=3488
Casey Anthony trial date set for next year (photos, videos)
Posted by Melissa Finlay On February - 3 - 2010

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

There is no law which prevents citizens from writing judges to give their opinion.  Whether or not the judge would read them is a different matter.  However, in this case as I recall the judge received two letters from inmates declaring that they can prove Casey is innocent. These letters were certainly read by someone if not the judge and ended up as documents released to the public.  So I say if it makes you feel better, write the judge. He might not see it, but it might be a source of satisfaction. Then too it might end up in the public domain so be careful not to libel anyone.

No one said that there was a law against doing so, but it is considered bad form to attempt to influence a presiding judge in a case which could also compromise that judge with accusations of basing his decisions on public opinion.   As Darla mentioned in another post, its considered a "big no-no."  The judge addressed getting letters directly right in court, and as we all witnessed JW's letter became part of discovery under the Florida Sunshine Law.    In another famous case, Judge Ito addressed this issue in open court at least once during the OJ trial.   A presiding judge is not put on the bench to make the public feel better as if he were a counselor, he is there to adjudicate by following the code of ethics & the law.   Another aspect to consider is the docket a judge in an overloaded county has besides the case that many are focused on, most judges that preside in busy courts have little to no time to address anything other than what is pertinent to the cases they are adjudicating.   This is also evident during court proceedings when judges skillfully move a case along & omit the long-winded nonsense.   Regardless, people writing him to express personal disappointment that the case is taking so long to go to trial is not going to influence an earlier outcome whatsoever, so you might as well write a note & stick it in a drawer if its for therapeutic reasons.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1058 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

Hmmm.  Meeting behind closed doors without the defense.  Could it be latent fingerprints?  No, that wouldn't be something that whoever made the determination could be hounded from here to hell and back about like Kronk. Whatever it is, the SA must not trust the defense with the info.  Maybe they fear they'll be on every morning show to disclose what it is.  I have no words to describe the disdain in which I hold Baez and Lyon.  Especially Baez who is an inept boor.  And bore, too. While I have no sympathy for Casey and am glad that she has (IMO) inadequate representation, any defendant deserves better than Baez.  Well, maybe not deserves, but is entitled to under our laws.  Actually, I'm just dying to know what it is.  I must say that this case has kept my brain from turning to mush.

" inept boor" is a good description.   I sort of liken it to a hog who has wandered into church ... and thinks it belongs there;  Yes, the case does keep one's brain in 5th gear-lol.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1059 on: February 03, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »

No one said that there was a law against doing so, but it is considered bad form to attempt to influence a presiding judge in a case which could also compromise that judge with accusations of basing his decisions on public opinion.   As Darla mentioned in another post, its considered a "big no-no."  The judge addressed getting letters directly right in court, and as we all witnessed JW's letter became part of discovery under the Florida Sunshine Law.    In another famous case, Judge Ito addressed this issue in open court at least once during the OJ trial.   A presiding judge is not put on the bench to make the public feel better as if he were a counselor, he is there to adjudicate by following the code of ethics & the law.   Another aspect to consider is the docket a judge in an overloaded county has besides the case that many are focused on, most judges that preside in busy courts have little to no time to address anything other than what is pertinent to the cases they are adjudicating.   This is also evident during court proceedings when judges skillfully move a case along & omit the long-winded nonsense.   Regardless, people writing him to express personal disappointment that the case is taking so long to go to trial is not going to influence an earlier outcome whatsoever, so you might as well write a note & stick it in a drawer if its for therapeutic reasons.

Preach it, Sistah!! I agree. The judge, above all and any participants in the trial, has to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Judge Stan getting slammed with letters telling him how to adjudicate this case would, at some point, be used to say they tainted his decision...whether those letters really did or not. At some point, they would be made public. At that point, his decision in this case and quite probably any other case would be called into question (most likely by the criminals he sent up the river)

If one feels like they really need to express their exasperation, I would suggest sending correspondence to the SA. Their office is set up to deal with such stuff.

(OMG, you guys! I typed all that with no spelling errors, I've been up since 7, spent half the day in jail, and the rest of the day and night at class. I think I should drink Orange Crush during class more often, don't you? )

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.