April 26, 2024, 02:22:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 443016 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1060 on: February 03, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »

No one said that there was a law against doing so, but it is considered bad form to attempt to influence a presiding judge in a case which could also compromise that judge with accusations of basing his decisions on public opinion.   As Darla mentioned in another post, its considered a "big no-no."  The judge addressed getting letters directly right in court, and as we all witnessed JW's letter became part of discovery under the Florida Sunshine Law.    In another famous case, Judge Ito addressed this issue in open court at least once during the OJ trial.   A presiding judge is not put on the bench to make the public feel better as if he were a counselor, he is there to adjudicate by following the code of ethics & the law.   Another aspect to consider is the docket a judge in an overloaded county has besides the case that many are focused on, most judges that preside in busy courts have little to no time to address anything other than what is pertinent to the cases they are adjudicating.   This is also evident during court proceedings when judges skillfully move a case along & omit the long-winded nonsense.   Regardless, people writing him to express personal disappointment that the case is taking so long to go to trial is not going to influence an earlier outcome whatsoever, so you might as well write a note & stick it in a drawer if its for therapeutic reasons.

Preach it, Sistah!! I agree. The judge, above all and any participants in the trial, has to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Judge Stan getting slammed with letters telling him how to adjudicate this case would, at some point, be used to say they tainted his decision...whether those letters really did or not. At some point, they would be made public. At that point, his decision in this case and quite probably any other case would be called into question (most likely by the criminals he sent up the river)

If one feels like they really need to express their exasperation, I would suggest sending correspondence to the SA. Their office is set up to deal with such stuff.

(OMG, you guys! I typed all that with no spelling errors, I've been up since 7, spent half the day in jail, and the rest of the day and night at class. I think I should drink Orange Crush during class more often, don't you? )

I just remember Judge Strickland got hot under the collar way back last year because a few people emailed him about something in the case and he told the SA to deal with it. He definitely did not like it. I don't want to see them replace him with another judge.

Tevye, I love orange crush. If it makes you feel that good by all means drink several.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1061 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:03 AM »

No one said that there was a law against doing so, but it is considered bad form to attempt to influence a presiding judge in a case which could also compromise that judge with accusations of basing his decisions on public opinion.   As Darla mentioned in another post, its considered a "big no-no."  The judge addressed getting letters directly right in court, and as we all witnessed JW's letter became part of discovery under the Florida Sunshine Law.    In another famous case, Judge Ito addressed this issue in open court at least once during the OJ trial.   A presiding judge is not put on the bench to make the public feel better as if he were a counselor, he is there to adjudicate by following the code of ethics & the law.   Another aspect to consider is the docket a judge in an overloaded county has besides the case that many are focused on, most judges that preside in busy courts have little to no time to address anything other than what is pertinent to the cases they are adjudicating.   This is also evident during court proceedings when judges skillfully move a case along & omit the long-winded nonsense.   Regardless, people writing him to express personal disappointment that the case is taking so long to go to trial is not going to influence an earlier outcome whatsoever, so you might as well write a note & stick it in a drawer if its for therapeutic reasons.

Preach it, Sistah!! I agree. The judge, above all and any participants in the trial, has to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Judge Stan getting slammed with letters telling him how to adjudicate this case would, at some point, be used to say they tainted his decision...whether those letters really did or not. At some point, they would be made public. At that point, his decision in this case and quite probably any other case would be called into question (most likely by the criminals he sent up the river)

If one feels like they really need to express their exasperation, I would suggest sending correspondence to the SA. Their office is set up to deal with such stuff.

(OMG, you guys! I typed all that with no spelling errors, I've been up since 7, spent half the day in jail, and the rest of the day and night at class. I think I should drink Orange Crush during class more often, don't you? )

Tevye, good to see you & I hope you are doing better - post right on point even after a hectic day...God bless

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1062 on: February 04, 2010, 06:52:41 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-trial-date-20100204,0,2028165.story
Casey Anthony murder trial could start in May 2011
6:21 a.m. EST, February 4, 2010

Casey Anthony may finally have a trial date: May 2, 2011.

That date, like many others in the case, is not set in stone.

Lawyers filed two new motions late Wednesday in the case, according to WESH.com.

One of the motions dealt with a timeline for the case, the other asked for a private meeting between the State Attorney's Office and Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The private meeting would be to discuss new material and evidence uncovered by law enforcement and possibly delay that information from being turned over to the defense.

In the second motion, prosecutors suggested that the trial be pushed back to May 2011. That timeline would require prosecutors to finish questioning under oath witnesses by the end of August, while the defense would have until January. The defense would also have to turn in a witness list by Oct. 31.

If the timeline is not satisfied, lawyers would have to show why the case is not moving forward.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The remains of the 2-year-old were discovered Dec. 11, 2008 in woods near her family's east Orange County home. The state is seeking the death penalty.
She has been in the Orange County Jail since October 2008.

Check back for more information.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1063 on: February 04, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/izQB2-Kmiic" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/izQB2-Kmiic</a>

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1064 on: February 04, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »

Nut.     

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1065 on: February 04, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html
 Casey Prosecutors Want Private Hearing, NeJame Reacts
Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:34:22 AM
ORLANDO -- News 13 has obtained a copy of a motion prosecutors filed in the case late Wednesday afternoon.

In it, prosecutors are asking for a private hearing with the judge.

They don't want the defense present. They don't want Casey Anthony there, and they don't want the public involved.

In the motion, prosecutors said they have received certain materials and information, and they have "good cause" to delay their release.

The defense would have the right to object to this meeting.
NeJame Reacts To Motion
Meanwhile, Casey Anthony's defense team wants to know everyone who searched in the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were eventually found.

They'll be heading back to court because they don't think they have all those names.

“The motion is wrong, and they're wrong,” said Mark NeJame, the attorney for Texas EquuSearch.

NeJame fired back Wednesday night at Anthony’s defense team.

A motion filed in late November accuses NeJame and EquuSearch of lying to the judge, saying “Statements made by TES to this court were inaccurate.”

In August 2009, Judge Stan Strickland ordered EquuSearch to turn over a list of 32 people, who were identified as having searched the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found.

However, the defense claims “There were many more than 32 individuals who searched the area on Suburban Drive near Hidden Oaks Elementary School.”

They back it up with two sworn statements from volunteers who said they searched in that area.
“I don't understand the basis of this,” NeJame said. “It’s incorrect. But if that's the way they want to play it, we'll play it out in court.”

NeJame said one of his biggest concerns has been to protect the personal information of the approximately 4,000 searchers who volunteered.

He said his door was open for the defense to examine anything they wanted.

“Come by. Take a look. If you see anything, let us know and we'll bring it to the court,” NeJame said.

NeJame allowed News 13 to examine reports and notes taken by EquuSearch volunteers. They list team leaders, cell phone numbers of volunteers, details about items found and locations searched.

There are more boxes of notes and reports, and the defense wants them all.

The motion was supposed to be heard at a hearing last week, but was taken off the schedule.

NeJame said he's submitted a list of available dates and thinks the motion may be heard before the end of the month.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: February 04, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »

Motion For Incamera Ex Parte Hearing
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/020310%20Casey%20Case%20Motion%20For%20Incamera%20Ex%20Parte%20Hearing.pdf

~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1067 on: February 04, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/izQB2-Kmiic" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/izQB2-Kmiic</a>

Oh. I love that song! Even without the usual 70's substances, I love that song! Monkey Devil!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1068 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »

Court date 2011???? What the heck....why in the world do they need more than a year to prepare??
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: February 04, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/020310-casey-anthony-trial-date
Casey Anthony trial date set

Updated: Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 6:46 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 6:37 PM EST

A major development in the case against Casey Anthony Wednesday as Judge Stan Strickland set a trial date for the first degree murder charges.

It is now set for May 2nd, 2011. That’s about a year after the trial was first supposed to start. There’s no word yet where it will take place.

Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they don’t want to go be disclosed to the public.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 11, 2008.

Good Morning Monks....I wish I could say I am surprised at the trial date but I am not....the defense has no case so they are going to delay and hope to wear the State down and go for a plea on a lesser charge...JMO.  UMMMMMMMM what could the State have that they don't want released to the public and why?  Wonder if it has to do with one or all of the A's???

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1070 on: February 04, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »

Maybe we should all write strickland about our disgust at the way the defense is intentionaly refusing to turn over  information by the deadline set by the courts.
but my reason for suggesting we write to strickland is this. I think that baez does not know what he is doing his lack of experience is only working against the prosecution to bring this case to trial in a timely manor. Where else have we seen that a trial is allowed to drag on for that many years as they are requesting. It is not fair to caylee the victim for this cherade to continue. If baez doesnt know what he is doing and perhaps he is confused and stumped as how to proceed. than he needs to take his incompetent rump roast! off this case. It has become ovious that he doesnt know what he is doing! theres no excuse for this kind of incompetence.

let's stop this madness!

Good evening Monkeys and guest!

Wonder what this new evidence is. Wow my curiosity is killing me.

Loca...writing to the judge is a big no-no. He has already made it clear in one of the hearings last year that it should  not happen.

Hi Darla and everyone.
Curiosity is killing me, too!    I hope whatever it is, it the the final nail in her coffin.   

Hi Sassy.....me too..........

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1071 on: February 04, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »

wow trimm
sure is kinda slow in here these days. Do you think Judge Strickland will allow this cherade to drag on till 2011 ? I would think he wont.

I hope it doesn't drag out that long.   
It is a little slow in here.Some of us have been over in the Haleigh Cummings thread.It is interesting over there right now.   
Have a good evening.   
I guessed that one right the other day, I figured it wouldn't start until Spring 2011. 

Hi nrcg.......you sure did!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1072 on: February 04, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »

Good Morning Monks....I wish I could say I am surprised at the trial date but I am not....the defense has no case so they are going to delay and hope to wear the State down and go for a plea on a lesser charge...JMO.  UMMMMMMMM what could the State have that they don't want released to the public and why?  Wonder if it has to do with one or all of the A's???

What I want to know is this:
How does Crazy rate staying in a county jail for over a year? In my  state, you only get a year at the county's expense, then it's off to the big house for you.

Does Orange County charge the inmates for the pleasure of their incarceration? Our jail does. And there are rules about what happens to the inmates account when they leave...if there is a large amount in the prisoner's account, the county takes some of their money and applies it to their housing bill.

Is Her Majesty still in her own cell? Since Crazy is, well, crazy, by now she has probably created her own alternate reality and is quite comfortable there, in no hurry to go anywhere and above all, no hurry to answer any questions.

But, my biggest question: What are the rules about the state keeping evidence from the defense? It must be pretty huge...or maybe it's just compromising photos of Bozo and Crzy?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1073 on: February 04, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/020310-casey-anthony-trial-date

A major development in the case against Casey Anthony Wednesday as Judge Stan Strickland set a trial date for the first degree murder charges.

It is now set for May 2nd, 2011. That’s about a year after the trial was first supposed to start. There’s no word yet where it will take place.

Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they don’t want to go be disclosed to the public.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 11, 2008.

Those were my thoughts exactly and we know what firestorm that would create with Ant camp therefore they want it kept under wraps to avoid a complete media frenzy, we all know what Cindy Spindy is capable of.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1074 on: February 04, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »

Good morning, monkeys!  Wowzers!  A private meeting with the Judge requested by the prosecution?  Whatever can it be?  SeemeattheBeach mentioned something about the depo by Dom Casey...I think that's a huge possibility, that and maybe the FBI latent evidence.
If it's Dom's depo, the SA may want to keep it away from contamination by the Anthonys, who undoubtedly would try to pressure him from saying anything that would implicate them or their precious Casey.  This is really a BOMBSHELL!  Time for some action by the State.  I love how their motions are always succinct and backed up by real law.  They, unlike the defense, are not there to waste anyone's time. 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:59 AM »

thanks trim!  this has my adrenaline pumping!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »

How does Crazy rate staying in a county jail for over a year? In my  state, you only get a year at the county's expense, then it's off to the big house for you.

Does Orange County charge the inmates for the pleasure of their incarceration? Our jail does. And there are rules about what happens to the inmates account when they leave...if there is a large amount in the prisoner's account, the county takes some of their money and applies it to their housing bill.

Is Her Majesty still in her own cell? Since Crazy is, well, crazy, by now she has probably created her own alternate reality and is quite comfortable there, in no hurry to go anywhere and above all, no hurry to answer any questions.

But, my biggest question: What are the rules about the state keeping evidence from the defense? It must be pretty huge...or maybe it's just compromising photos of Bozo and Crzy?
I don't know, but I don't think the state has put a foot wrong yet.   I think it has to be pretty big, too.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1077 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »

Me, too.  Whoo-Hooo!!  Let the games begin!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »

Hi Tevye. I can only answer one of your queries.....she is charged $1.50 a day....a paultry sum IMO....I too, would love to know how long she is going to be held in her private cell in the county jail.  I do believe she is very comfortable there. Even with no family visits and her attorney visits dwindling to about 2-3 times per month. I guess since she is with her favorite person, herself, she is fine with it! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2010, 09:09:18 AM »

Those were my thoughts exactly and we know what firestorm that would create with Ant camp therefore they want it kept under wraps to avoid a complete media frenzy, we all know what Cindy Spindy is capable of.

Morning mission!!  My first thought upon reading it was perhaps something from D. Casey regarding the A's............it has been far too quiet on the DC front IMO. But it has to be something BIG for the State to take this approach...again JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.