April 26, 2024, 07:38:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 443022 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: February 05, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22479250/detail.html
Juror Surveys Call Casey’s Attorney “Rat,” “Jerk”

Posted: 5:43 pm EST February 5, 2010Updated: 6:32 pm EST February 5, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- “An ambulance chaser and a rat,” is how one potential juror described Jose Baez in court. Eyewitness News obtained juror surveys from other cases Baez, Casey Anthony’s attorney, has defended.
Many were critical of Baez's work, so WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked WFTV's legal expert whether Baez's image might hurt Casey's case in court.

There were a lot of negative descriptions of Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, when he questioned potential jurors in an Osceola County case he was defending in December 2008, just four days after Caylee's remains were found.

Baez was described as an “ambulance chaser and rat,” “a jerk” who “should find another line of business,” “not a good lawyer” who is “full of himself” and “is out to become famous.” Baez apparently was worried there was fallout over defending Casey and the answers he got proved there was.

“It's called damage control. What are we going to do to limit the damage to my current clients, my future clients and, ultimately, the damage to Casey Anthony,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Friday (watch full interview).

Sheaffer says the potential jurors likely were focusing their anger on Baez after hearing days earlier how Caylee was found dead, with duct tape over her mouth, tossed in the woods in a trash bag.
The community's emotions were raw,” Sheaffer said.

Sometimes, time softens those raw edges. In fact, the negative comments about Baez dropped in his questionnaire for a case a year later, from 13 to two.

Only four people of the 80 questioned had something good to say about Baez, like he's “working hard to win.”

About 30 people said they had no opinion of Baez, though most of them at least knew of him.

“You may well find out they do have an opinion and they have an agenda,” Sheaffer said.

One potential Osceola County juror, just three months ago, explained what he knew about Casey's case with one word, “guilty.”

A little less than half the people questioned in both cases said they did not know a lot about Casey's case. While the surveys are not scientific, it could mean that if her trial doesn't happen for another year and a half, they'll at least try to find a jury in Orlando.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »

Hey Muffy.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: February 05, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »

Hey Muffy.   

Hey trimmy 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1163 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and guest!

Does anyone
 on this thread have contact with Mark Nejames?

I  have contact with mark nejame? why?

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: February 06, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22479250/detail.html
Juror Surveys Call Casey’s Attorney “Rat,” “Jerk”

Posted: 5:43 pm EST February 5, 2010Updated: 6:32 pm EST February 5, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- “An ambulance chaser and a rat,” is how one potential juror described Jose Baez in court. Eyewitness News obtained juror surveys from other cases Baez, Casey Anthony’s attorney, has defended.
Many were critical of Baez's work, so WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked WFTV's legal expert whether Baez's image might hurt Casey's case in court.

There were a lot of negative descriptions of Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, when he questioned potential jurors in an Osceola County case he was defending in December 2008, just four days after Caylee's remains were found.

Baez was described as an “ambulance chaser and rat,” “a jerk” who “should find another line of business,” “not a good lawyer” who is “full of himself” and “is out to become famous.” Baez apparently was worried there was fallout over defending Casey and the answers he got proved there was.

“It's called damage control. What are we going to do to limit the damage to my current clients, my future clients and, ultimately, the damage to Casey Anthony,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Friday (watch full interview).

Sheaffer says the potential jurors likely were focusing their anger on Baez after hearing days earlier how Caylee was found dead, with duct tape over her mouth, tossed in the woods in a trash bag.
The community's emotions were raw,” Sheaffer said.

Sometimes, time softens those raw edges. In fact, the negative comments about Baez dropped in his questionnaire for a case a year later, from 13 to two.

Only four people of the 80 questioned had something good to say about Baez, like he's “working hard to win.”

About 30 people said they had no opinion of Baez, though most of them at least knew of him.

“You may well find out they do have an opinion and they have an agenda,” Sheaffer said.

One potential Osceola County juror, just three months ago, explained what he knew about Casey's case with one word, “guilty.”

A little less than half the people questioned in both cases said they did not know a lot about Casey's case. While the surveys are not scientific, it could mean that if her trial doesn't happen for another year and a half, they'll at least try to find a jury in Orlando.

The picture they used to drive the point home is classic...sleasy sociopaths, one being a hoochie & murderer

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1165 on: February 06, 2010, 01:13:19 AM »

My curiosity is killing me. I think it has to do with Dom Case also. I am dreaming that it will be something that will put Cindy and George behind bars.

Not sure this new revelation/new evidence has anything to do with DC for certain but as I said what seems like eons ago, just how is he going to get around the fact that he was probing & digging in those woods & why did he give various excuses as to why he was there twice that we know of.   You dont need a probe or shovel to check out a "teen hangout" as he stated based on Kio's interview with LE.   The next excuse, the psychic, well that leads right back to Cindy as she sent this nutjob a teddy bear.   Cindy also told detectives after Dec 11th that she "sent someone" to the Suburban woods the month before and they found nothing, so it indisputable.  Not to mention the fact that he went to the jail to visit Casey & had a contract with her in addition to her parents, that smacks of conspiracy after the fact to conceal  and/or alter the truth.    He is in way way deep but as always Cindy undoubtedly slapped him hard in the face after he stuck his neck out for her (maybe more, Ill leave it at that  Monkey Devil!).   He has an attorney fighting way too hard to protect him under his farce of a PI veil, she was even present at the last pretrial hearing where her presence was not needed whatsoever in any capacity.   If it does involve him its going to be a bit complicated & tempers are going to flare, big time - o to be a fly on the wall, if that is the case.

There is nothing that would satisfy my disdain more than for Cindy & George to have to legally pay with significant consequence for their actions as well as the monster they spawn & failed miserably with.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1166 on: February 06, 2010, 03:44:16 AM »

My curiosity is killing me. I think it has to do with Dom Case also. I am dreaming that it will be something that will put Cindy and George behind bars.

Not sure this new revelation/new evidence has anything to do with DC for certain but as I said what seems like eons ago, just how is he going to get around the fact that he was probing & digging in those woods & why did he give various excuses as to why he was there twice that we know of.   You dont need a probe or shovel to check out a "teen hangout" as he stated based on Kio's interview with LE.   The next excuse, the psychic, well that leads right back to Cindy as she sent this nutjob a teddy bear.   Cindy also told detectives after Dec 11th that she "sent someone" to the Suburban woods the month before and they found nothing, so it indisputable.  Not to mention the fact that he went to the jail to visit Casey & had a contract with her in addition to her parents, that smacks of conspiracy after the fact to conceal  and/or alter the truth.    He is in way way deep but as always Cindy undoubtedly slapped him hard in the face after he stuck his neck out for her (maybe more, Ill leave it at that  Monkey Devil!).   He has an attorney fighting way too hard to protect him under his farce of a PI veil, she was even present at the last pretrial hearing where her presence was not needed whatsoever in any capacity.   If it does involve him its going to be a bit complicated & tempers are going to flare, big time - o to be a fly on the wall, if that is the case.

There is nothing that would satisfy my disdain more than for Cindy & George to have to legally pay with significant consequence for their actions as well as the monster they spawn & failed miserably with.
Monkey Devil! Capp~ " after he stuck his neck out for her (maybe more I'll leave it at that)  so funny
I'm still confused about that, in one of her written correspondances , I think it was email to Yuri. Cindy states in no uncertain terms that DC worked for she and george, not Baez.  How can that work product be privledged if he wasn't employed by baez on behalf of casey?

No matter what, it would be fabulous in every way if he had to/or decided to tell ALL that he knows.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1167 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:54 AM »

Monkey Devil! Capp~ " after he stuck his neck out for her (maybe more I'll leave it at that)  so funny
I'm still confused about that, in one of her written correspondances , I think it was email to Yuri. Cindy states in no uncertain terms that DC worked for she and george, not Baez.  How can that work product be privledged if he wasn't employed by baez on behalf of casey?

No matter what, it would be fabulous in every way if he had to/or decided to tell ALL that he knows.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1168 on: February 06, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: February 06, 2010, 09:05:38 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
The Jay Blanchard Park Scenario – Revisited

Posted on February 5th, 2010 by by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1170 on: February 06, 2010, 09:37:06 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html
Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
No Cake For Casey  Posted in Latest Posts by William J. Sheaffer on February 4, 2010

He is so helpful in explaining everything.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1171 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »

well said trimm I hope that he sings like a hungry canary! and gets the evil spawns parents in deep poop! I would  love to see them pay dearly for their interference. Cindy with her hateful arrogant self trying to manipulate people ! where do ya think her daughter got it from!
from the devil herself aka cindy. I  also hope lyons bails out and leave the incompetent baez to  wallow in his own poop.  Oh this is gonna get good in due time! cannot wait I am sitting on the edge of my seat with great anticipation. by the way

good morning trimm:)

Loca
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1172 on: February 06, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that along with that teddy bear, that there was a note with how-to instructions to where Caylee's remains were. They knew phone records would be looked at, and they knew to make sure to cover their tracks as far as that was concerned.

I would be ever so happy if DC has finally decided to come clean with his involvement, and I don't even care if it's only to save his own hide, or even if it's to pizz off Cindy. Although, that would be nice too!  Monkey Devil!

I also admit to being a lil bit worried with this new information the state wants withheld, and briefly thought like many that maybe they don't really have the goods they thought they had. But after reading more comments on other boards, I think whatever it is, it's going to be good.

I hope so anyway!

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1173 on: February 06, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »

Good morning, monkeys!  As you can see, CBB valentined me up so now I have to be all sweetness and light.  Well, I'll try, but dealing with the A's would try the patience of a saint. lol   The biggest thing to me about the state's determination to keep the defense out of the loop is the enduring question of "what did the A's know and when did they know it?"
The defense had to know, (and by that, I mean Baez,) something incredibly incriminating about Casey and the A family covered it up.  I think Dominic knows what it is and has some evidence to prove it.  At this point, this could mean that Baez is disbarred for unethical behavior, which would mean Casey needs a new defense attorney, (not that she actually had one before, snark alert.)  The A's will all be charged with obstruction as well as aid and abetting a criminal act after the fact, and Lee, (if not George,) will utltimately come clean and tell the real truth.  Cindy will be thrown under the bus and backed over twice, just to make sure she can't rise again, just like in all the horror movies.  All right, I see I have already broken my vow to be nice.  Sorry, CBB, but my monkey looks pretty anyway.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1174 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »

Good morning all~  I've been MIA for awhile, but have missed you.       

Another possibility regarding the new evidence...could it be from Joy Wray's computer?  Her film of the crime scene, etc.?  Although I REALLY HOPE it is in regards to DC!!!!

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1175 on: February 06, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that along with that teddy bear, that there was a note with how-to instructions to where Caylee's remains were. They knew phone records would be looked at, and they knew to make sure to cover their tracks as far as that was concerned.

I would be ever so happy if DC has finally decided to come clean with his involvement, and I don't even care if it's only to save his own hide, or even if it's to pizz off Cindy. Although, that would be nice too!  Monkey Devil!

I also admit to being a lil bit worried with this new information the state wants withheld, and briefly thought like many that maybe they don't really have the goods they thought they had. But after reading more comments on other boards, I think whatever it is, it's going to be good.

I hope so anyway!
Me, too, Gizzie.  And annoying Cindy is a bonus.  It's like the prize in Cracker Jacks to me.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1176 on: February 06, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »

Another possibility regarding the new evidence...could it be from Joy Wray's computer?  Her film of the crime scene, etc.?  Although I REALLY HOPE it is in regards to DC!!!!
Hey, Irish, missed you too!  That's a thought, maybe they would try to protect her from the defense going after her.  But I think they've known about that for awhile.  I hope it's DC, too.

Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1177 on: February 06, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »

Hey, Irish, missed you too!  That's a thought, maybe they would try to protect her from the defense going after her.  But I think they've known about that for awhile.  I hope it's DC, too.

It just struck me that this motion came not long after Ms. Wray's computers were confiscated by LE, and there had been disturbing vids on the 'net that some thought were exploitive and dangerous towards her children.  The "in camera" could then be an effort to protect the kids...I'm just wondering out loud...

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1178 on: February 06, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »

Always interesting ...
Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1179 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:10 AM »

Always interesting ...

I heart Valhall.  She rocks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.