April 26, 2024, 10:40:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 443029 times)
MindOnFire
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1440 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-what-would-you-ask-if-she-took-the-stand.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: What would you ask if she took the stand?
Caylee and Casey Anthony — posted by halboedeker on February, 15 2010 2:24 PM
Discuss This: Comments(38) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

A reader suggested it, and my editor thinks it’s a good idea.

Here’s the challenge:

Pretend you’re a prosecutor. What questions would you ask Casey Anthony if she took the stand? Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Please use only the facts, not hearsay. Please be professional. I don’t want to rule you out of order.

Thanks to the reader who made the suggestion — and to everyone who follows the blog.

Ms. Anthony, to what was your brother, Lee, referring when he asked, "Is this like the last time?"

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- Confucius
MindOnFire
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1441 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »

(Snipped)

I only saw the end of Baez's spiel on Geraldo last night.  He was talking about poor Misty Cummings and she only has a sixth grade education.  I guess FOX has hired him as a legal commentator.  Most of those beautiful blond women at FOX are attorneys and seem to know the law.  I don't think this clown Baez will fit in with people who are actually knowledgeable.  Geraldo probably talked FOX into it because Baez is Hispanic.  Sort of reverse racism.   I wouldn't even hire Baez or Geraldo to walk my dog, Charlie.  Heck, I love my dog.
[/quote]

Aren't there laws regarding what grade must be completed before one can drop out of school?!

- Confucius
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1442 on: February 15, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »

(Snipped)

I only saw the end of Baez's spiel on Geraldo last night.  He was talking about poor Misty Cummings and she only has a sixth grade education.  I guess FOX has hired him as a legal commentator.  Most of those beautiful blond women at FOX are attorneys and seem to know the law.  I don't think this clown Baez will fit in with people who are actually knowledgeable.  Geraldo probably talked FOX into it because Baez is Hispanic.  Sort of reverse racism.   I wouldn't even hire Baez or Geraldo to walk my dog, Charlie.  Heck, I love my dog.

Aren't there laws regarding what grade must be completed before one can drop out of school?!
[/quote]

Hi, MindonFire--I think it actually is dependent on age, but I'm not sure.  I think though that Misty is functionally illiterate. I think the whole bunch is.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
MindOnFire
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1443 on: February 15, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »

A big 10-4 on that one, babybear!

- Confucius
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1444 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »

(Snipped)

Hi, MindonFire--I think it actually is dependent on age, but I'm not sure.  I think though that Misty is functionally illiterate. I think the whole bunch is.
[/quote]

HOLD THE PHONE...OMG please tell me that's not true that Bozo was hired as a legal commentator.  Aren't there laws about dunba**es pretending to be attys? Sheesh, law degree or not he is the most unqualified human being on the planet to give law reviews on tv.  From what we've seen, he has no business trying to educate the public regarding law, giving opinions on law...he's so sleazy he seems to skirt the edge of the law at every chance.  That chaps me.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1445 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:54 PM »

....round 2
And baez is doing such a bang up job with kc's case, a DP case last time we heard, that he has time to glad hand and be a commentator?  Guess their prep is no big deal, or maybe they just haven't decided which defense route they take and until then they can fly here and there, promote their own egos.  IMO this is exactly the start of the payoff baez wanted all along. It's not about kc and God knows it's not about Caylee.     
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »

Book review: Two volumnes on death row, by lawyers

By STEVE WEINBERG / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News
Steve Weinberg is a journalist who writes frequently about the criminal justice system. His blog, "In Justice," can be found at www.trueslant.com

Like all lawyers who represent clients who might be executed by the state, Andrea D. Lyon lives with job-related anxiety every day. Losing means more than a ruined life for a client; it might mean death.

According to her memoir, Angel of Death Row, she has saved all 19 of her death row clients from being executed.

Lyon has spent most of her career as a lawyer in Chicago, a locale historically prone to execute inmates, some of whom might have been innocent of the crime they had been charged with committing. Her passion for her clients as human beings (rather than mere death row inmates identified by prison number) and against state executions comes through clearly in every chapter.

"Intractable human problems produce damaged people who then do violence to others," Lyon says. "Somehow their actions must be addressed, and yet so often we fall short of doing so in a fair and compassionate way."

MORE....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-bk_death_0207gd.ART.State.Bulldog.4b91f7d.html
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1447 on: February 15, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

talking about it now on HLN...

what did they say cookie?

same old stuff that we have been talking about...that Todd left and how is that going to effect the Dream Team etc...nothing new that I heard...

thanks cookie....he is no big loss obviously
I cannot stomach Jane Velez Mitchell

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1448 on: February 15, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »

Is there a link for the heraldo show from last night ?
was baez doing verbatim? he seems to repeat himself. I cannot stand heraldo(MISSIN G)

Loca, I don't have a link but to me he seemed as though all the wind has gone out of his sails  ....  He just appeared really weak-something was different. 
Ono
Ya think that  knowing that dominic is possibly  spilling his guts is weighing is weighing on bozo?  so did he look like his self assurance/confidence was  evaporating? 

Loca
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »

was baez doing verbatim? he seems to repeat himself. I cannot stand heraldo(MISSIN G)

Loca, I don't have a link but to me he seemed as though all the wind has gone out of his sails  ....  He just appeared really weak-something was different. 
Ono
Ya think that  knowing that dominic is possibly  spilling his guts is weighing is weighing on bozo?  so did he look like his self assurance/confidence was  evaporating? 

I thought he looked like his regular chipmunk self.  I mean he is always so absurd that it's hard to determine degrees of his absurdity.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1450 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:03 PM »

ono
I thought you meant that he felt or looked defeated! wishful thinking
when you siad the sails out of him?

Ono

I thought he looked like his regular chipmunk self.  I mean he is always so absurd that it's hard to determine degrees of his absurdity.

Loca
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1451 on: February 16, 2010, 12:49:22 AM »

O.k., one more "one more thought"...I really wish Cindy would choose once and for all to just let the truth be the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  I wish she'd go talk to a good Counselor because she's got to be tired of carrying everybody.  She'll not only probably live longer, but have a better  life and not need all those meds.  JMO

Done. 

hi Ispy!  Good to see you and your thoughts!

Hey, Sunny- good to see you too!  Haven't had much to add lately, but reading you all loud and clear!   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: February 16, 2010, 12:52:49 AM »

Evening, everyone!  Quick question on Todd Macaluso...can anyone direct me to a link on Mr. Macaluso's purchases? I'd be interested to know the time frame for Macaluso's alleged misappropriation of client funds.

Calling Capp- You posted Macaluso's had some big purchases.  Where can I find that info?

TIA, everybody!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1453 on: February 16, 2010, 01:23:18 AM »

Book review: Two volumnes on death row, by lawyers

By STEVE WEINBERG / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News
Steve Weinberg is a journalist who writes frequently about the criminal justice system. His blog, "In Justice," can be found at www.trueslant.com

Like all lawyers who represent clients who might be executed by the state, Andrea D. Lyon lives with job-related anxiety every day. Losing means more than a ruined life for a client; it might mean death.

According to her memoir, Angel of Death Row, she has saved all 19 of her death row clients from being executed.

Lyon has spent most of her career as a lawyer in Chicago, a locale historically prone to execute inmates, some of whom might have been innocent of the crime they had been charged with committing. Her passion for her clients as human beings (rather than mere death row inmates identified by prison number) This from the same woman who when the SA dared mentioned duct tape bound, murdered 2yr old Caylee, angrily and disgustedly replied, "Oh for G-d's sake!"! and against state executions comes through clearly in every chapter. Where was her compassion, fairness, humanity, or sense of justice?  Apparently, it only extends one way.  Of course, her courtroom strategy is to "humanize" her clients and ignore the victim(s).  She relies on being able to emotionally "sell" her client to juror, which is why she reacted so vehemently when Linda Drane Burke "humanized" Caylee.  Linda correctly read Lyons hand raised the ante.

"Intractable human problems produce damaged people who then do violence to others," Lyon says. "Somehow their actions must be addressed, and yet so often we fall short of doing so in a fair and compassionate way." Oh, I get it now, Silly Justice system, being concerned with fairness and compassion for victims and their loved ones.  It's Andrea Lyons' winning streak that we need to protect.  She's so concerned about being fair and compassionate to death penalty clients that she was willing to sacrifice the truth and knowingly let an innocent man spend years in jail on death row.  After all, we all know it's far more important to bear false witness by omission, than to speak the truth even if it means breaking attorney client confidentiality.  Breaking confidentiality would end her career, after all. Apparently perpetuating a lie and destroying someone's life doesn't bother her as much as losing her law license.  How sad.  I think if I were the man in question, I'd sue Ms. Lyons and the other sorry excuses for lawyers for lying under oath/defamation of character/slander/monetary compensation for x-number of years lost revenue/etc.) because it's well documented they knowingly withheld evidence of his innocence. All MOO

MORE....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-bk_death_0207gd.ART.State.Bulldog.4b91f7d.html

Thanks, Northern for bringing this over!  Just couldn't let this pass, my comments in purple.

Forecast for the Day:
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1454 on: February 16, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »

Mindonfire are you a truck driver? Haven't heard that in years......back when CB's were really popular.

Capp I sent you an email a couple of days ago.Did you receive it.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1455 on: February 16, 2010, 01:50:11 AM »

Goodnight friends
I hope tomorrow brings us new documents. We realy need some more crumbs to feast on.
God bless
Rest in peace caylee.

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: February 16, 2010, 03:06:51 AM »

Mindonfire are you a truck driver? Haven't heard that in years......back when CB's were really popular.

Capp I sent you an email a couple of days ago.Did you receive it.

O Ill double check - tks Darla

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: February 16, 2010, 03:07:41 AM »

Evening, everyone!  Quick question on Todd Macaluso...can anyone direct me to a link on Mr. Macaluso's purchases? I'd be interested to know the time frame for Macaluso's alleged misappropriation of client funds.

Calling Capp- You posted Macaluso's had some big purchases.  Where can I find that info?

TIA, everybody!

He bought a plane for one

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: February 16, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »

(Snipped)

[/quote]

Baez on Whoraldo is all him trying to get his "buddy" a job, I bet he's not even getting paid by Foxnews at the present time despite Whoraldo's efforts...my thought is for the viewing audience to write a letter to the executives at Foxnews & express your concerns about them using an attorney with questionable practices & inexperience giving legal commentary on their network.

As far as a mandatory age that you cannot drop out, most states do have laws pertaining to minors dropping out of school.  In some states it is  16 most must be accompanied with parents permission, some are until 18 or pass a GED whichever comes first.   You cannot even drop out and unlist in the military without completing high school or obtaining a GED first (although you can attend boot camp prior to your senior yr but must return to graduate or earn a GED).

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1459 on: February 16, 2010, 03:54:32 AM »

(Snipped)

Baez on Whoraldo is all him trying to get his "buddy" a job, I bet he's not even getting paid by Foxnews at the present time despite Whoraldo's efforts...my thought is for the viewing audience to write a letter to the executives at Foxnews & express your concerns about them using an attorney with questionable practices & inexperience giving legal commentary on their network.

As far as a mandatory age that you cannot drop out, most states do have laws pertaining to minors dropping out of school.  In some states it is  16 most must be accompanied with parents permission, some are until 18 or pass a GED whichever comes first.   You cannot even drop out and unlist in the military without completing high school or obtaining a GED first (although you can attend boot camp prior to your senior yr but must return to graduate or earn a GED).
[/quote]

Some states are beginning to tie school attendance with a driver's license. If you are under 18 and drop out of school, your license is revoked.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.