April 18, 2024, 09:08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 442147 times)
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1840 on: February 21, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »

My computer up and died a miserable death last Sunday/Monday and I have been without a computer until just now. I really hate asking, but I don't have the time to catch up on all 5 threads that I read daily and participate in.

Could a kind soul with the time and ambition let me know what has transpired in Caylee's case this week that I should be aware of please?

I do apologize for asking, but I don't want to follow the case with a hole missing.

Thanks so much.

Brandi,Nut has most everything here....  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3222.700
Then there is a Blink post   http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/02/16/cayleecasey-anthony-case-macaluso-out-new-discovery-released/
Casey Anthony case: Judge refuses to meet with prosecutors in private meeting
Judge agreed to review investigative materials behind closed doors.  http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-02-17/news/os-casey-anthony-judge-order-20100217_1_casey-anthony-case-possession-of-law-enforcement-private-meeting
Marty McKenzie resigned

And then there is Casey.......   

Seemeatthebeach has photos posted in her photobucket.   an angelic monkey
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/Caylee_Is_Missing/Feb%2016%20Photos/

Trim- Thanks for posting these for Brandi!  I was unaware somehow of Seemeatthebeach's photobucket and went to take a look.  I know a family that had a very similar Eddie Bauer car seat and you should have seen what was in the base of it when it came time to retire it.  Uhmmm, mmmh, mmm!  I'd never seen the base of one before and it had quite a few nooks and crannies.  I hope and pray that car seat wasn't cleaned all that thoroughly...it didn't appear to be.

Seemee- thanks for the collection of pics (although I have to say a few in particular really angered me- the padded shoulder straps for one)!  I appreciate the time and effort you took!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1841 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »

Nut- Thanks for consolidating the pics in one place on the forum!  It's like having my own file folder I can quickly reference.

Trim- Thanks for keeping me (and many others, I'm sure) current with the latest updates!

Heading out to check Susan Powell's page.  It looks like Christine Sheddy was likely found in MD- Praise God!  Hope that Susan is found also.  Good night, all!  Take good care.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1842 on: February 22, 2010, 12:29:24 AM »

Hi Monkeys. Long time no post. Been keeping up best we can but not the time to post here. Had to come out to say that was really well put, Blumonkey. The scripture you referenced...it brings to mind Matthew 18:6...there's a great big millstone around Kc's neck.

I forgot to add...GA and CA have them around their necks too.

I agree, N&N. If only one member of this family had intervened and required Casey to take responsibility for her life, Caylee might be here today. Instead they made excuses for her and enabled her deceptive lifestyle. IMO, they share in the judgment for Caylee's death.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:45 AM »

Casey also told Annie she doesn’t know what could have happened to her car while it wasn’t in her possession.

Casey alluded to Annie that Jesse Grund had a key to her car and may have done something to it after it was abandoned.

Annie also stated that Casey wasn’t that smart to do this alone, and this was her own opinion.

So with this said, poor Jesse Grund. Sounds like Casey is point the finger again, even if there is no evidence whatsoever that Jesse had anything to do with this. I am unsure why this whole family has done this, as Jesse seems to be one of the best people that has ever happened to Casey and Caylee, of course that just wasn’t good enough for Casey!!

http://humbleopinion.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/casey-anthony-update-19-february-2009-annie-downing-part-2/

I hate to imply that Jesse Grund may have used steroids, I have no knowledge of such.  BUT, I have wondered if he did and if on Casey's mysterious shower use at Jesse's,(July 1st)  did she grab a used syringe to throw into the woods with Caylee???????????????

Hi akmom!  When the syringe and gatorade bottle was found to have steroids....that was my first thought, either Jesse or his roommate......there was some reason for KC going over there and IMO it wasn't to take a shower.

Hi Sunny!  Yes, Casey always has a motive behind everything she does.  I have always thought that she picked up something from his apartment that day to implicate him.  Poor Jesse.

Me too!  That was no casual visit, and she didn't need a shower according to Jesse. Part of me is scared that one of the things she took from his bathroom was found with Caylee's remains, and that is what the SA wants withheld from JB.

WO, I hadn't even thought about that possibility

Respectfully totally disagree

Its getting beyond sickening how this young man is being smeared at every turn - Casey started a firestorm out of spite towards him just like her heinous acts were to spite her mother, its a pattern.   The State would not be seeking to have a private meeting with the judge if they found out Jesse was taking steroids or had access to a syringe that could by wild stretch of the imagination be linked to this case with no evidence that he used it, they would be admonished unmercifully if they were asking to conceal such a thing if there was evidence that he used that very needle found at the crime scene - that's not it

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1844 on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »

Nut- Thanks for consolidating the pics in one place on the forum!  It's like having my own file folder I can quickly reference.

Trim- Thanks for keeping me (and many others, I'm sure) current with the latest updates!

Heading out to check Susan Powell's page.  It looks like Christine Sheddy was likely found in MD- Praise God!  Hope that Susan is found also.  Good night, all!  Take good care.

Hey ISpy!     We are all here for Caylee.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: February 22, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Expert: Evidence Suggests ONLY Casey Anthony
Sunday, February 21, 2010
By Express

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1846 on: February 22, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »

morning monkeys 

Yep, it all points to Casey. I hate looking at her face and I suspect her parents do to. Though they'll never admit it.

Thanks for the info Trimm.

I remember you, Caylee.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1847 on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »

By Express
Good morning, Trimm.  Thanks for the link.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: February 22, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »

By Express

Good Morning Monks.  Thanks trim.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1849 on: February 22, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »

Good morning, thanks for the links.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »

Getting to know your death row inmate   
CHICAGO LIT | Attorney's book introduces us to those she's represented

Andrea D. Lyon would like to acquaint you with the kinds of people who face the death penalty.

Lyon, who handled 136 murder cases, many of them as a Cook County public defender, thinks people charged in capital cases too often are portrayed as inhuman. To add some insight into who they are, as well as to tell her own story, she wrote Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer (Kaplan, $24.94). The book ranges over her experiences, from her days as a would-be Atticus Finch eager in 1976 to get onto the public defender’s homicide task force, to an experienced litigator ready to hand over the torch to a younger generation of lawyers.

A theme throughout her memoir is her repeated discovery that the stories behind even brutal crimes can be more complex than they at first appear.

“People are a product of a lot of different forces, and they end up where they end up for a lot of different reasons,” Lyon said.

In Angel of Death Row, Lyon, who now is associate dean for clinical programs at the DePaul University College of Law, revisits memorable cases she handled while working in Cook County and later while on the faculty at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. In each case, as she investigates the backgrounds of the defendants she represents, she learns about poverty, childhood abuse, domestic violence or other factors.

But that often not is the image the public sees, she said.   

“They are cardboard cutouts of evil,” Lyon said. “I wanted to tell my own story, but I also wanted to tell, even more important, my clients’ stories, so people could see that they are human beings, whether they are innocent or guilty or somewhere in the middle.”

Because her motive is not to re-argue the cases, Lyon has taken some liberties with names and dates to help move the narrative along, although she used the real names of family members, friends and many of her colleagues.

“With the exception of mentioning Madison Hobley in the epilogue ... all my clients’ names have been changed,” Lyon said. “The prosecutors and the judges, all those names have been changed.”

Also, to flesh out her stories, she admits to juggling certain events around.

“I took some liberties,” Lyon said. “I would put a conversation with a guard in to help further the story in a particular chapter when that conversation may have happened in a different case altogether. But it helps tell the story of what I was facing, or what my client was facing.”

Some of the cases seem recognizable. The story of “Juliette Vega” — on Death Row for killing her husband years after killing her baby — is closely parallel to that of Lyon’s client Guinevere Garcia, whose death sentence was commuted to life in prison by former Gov. Jim Edgar in 1996.

The story of “Lonnie Fields” sounds much like that of wheelchair-bound former police officer Hutchie Moore, who in 1983 shot and killed his ex-wife’s divorce lawyer, James Piszczor, and Judge Henry Gentile in a Cook County courtroom.

Similarly, the trial of  “Richard Waterman” closely tracks that of Robert Langford, who at 15 was convicted of murder when he handed a gun to another boy, who killed a gang member. Langford served 20 years. He was released, and then convicted of killing two people in a drug war.

In each case, though, Lyon found extenuating circumstances.

Vega, whose mother had committed suicide, was raped by an uncle starting at age 6, and at 16 was sold by her family to a green-card-seeking immigrant. After she married, it turned out her husband was violent. Fields’ life “was marked by poverty, racism, disease, poor choices and bad luck.” Waterman left home at 12 because he could no longer bear being unable to stop his drunken father from beating his mother, including cutting open her stomach and pulling “some of it out.” At 15, he was imprisoned with violent men who raped him day after day.

There also are cases in which Lyon finds that her clients were innocent, after all.

“The justice system gets it wrong more than we think,” she said, one reason she is proud that in the 19 death penalty cases she argued, not one of her clients was sentenced to die.

Along the way, Lyon talks of the difficulties of being the first woman to try a case for the homicide task force and the first woman to serve as a lead attorney on a Cook County death penalty case. She also takes some merciless shots at prosecutors and judges. But her primary goal is to introduce the reader to her clients.

After reading the book, “people who were in favor of the death penalty or weren’t sure how they felt about the death penalty come away feeling a little bit different,” she said. “They feel like they have some sense of who the human beings are.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/books/2057492,chicago-lit-andrea-lyon-022110.article
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1851 on: February 22, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »

Andrea D. Lyon would like to acquaint you with the kinds of people who face the death penalty.

Lyon, who handled 136 murder cases, many of them as a Cook County public defender, thinks people charged in capital cases too often are portrayed as inhuman. To add some insight into who they are, as well as to tell her own story, she wrote Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer (Kaplan, $24.94). The book ranges over her experiences, from her days as a would-be Atticus Finch eager in 1976 to get onto the public defender’s homicide task force, to an experienced litigator ready to hand over the torch to a younger generation of lawyers.

A theme throughout her memoir is her repeated discovery that the stories behind even brutal crimes can be more complex than they at first appear.

“People are a product of a lot of different forces, and they end up where they end up for a lot of different reasons,” Lyon said.

In Angel of Death Row, Lyon, who now is associate dean for clinical programs at the DePaul University College of Law, revisits memorable cases she handled while working in Cook County and later while on the faculty at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. In each case, as she investigates the backgrounds of the defendants she represents, she learns about poverty, childhood abuse, domestic violence or other factors.

“They are cardboard cutouts of evil,” Lyon said. “I wanted to tell my own story, but I also wanted to tell, even more important, my clients’ stories, so people could see that they are human beings, whether they are innocent or guilty or somewhere in the middle.”

Because her motive is not to re-argue the cases, Lyon has taken some liberties with names and dates to help move the narrative along, although she used the real names of family members, friends and many of her colleagues.

“With the exception of mentioning Madison Hobley in the epilogue ... all my clients’ names have been changed,” Lyon said. “The prosecutors and the judges, all those names have been changed.”

“I took some liberties,” Lyon said. “I would put a conversation with a guard in to help further the story in a particular chapter when that conversation may have happened in a different case altogether. But it helps tell the story of what I was facing, or what my client was facing.”

Some of the cases seem recognizable. The story of “Juliette Vega” — on Death Row for killing her husband years after killing her baby — is closely parallel to that of Lyon’s client Guinevere Garcia, whose death sentence was commuted to life in prison by former Gov. Jim Edgar in 1996.

The story of “Lonnie Fields” sounds much like that of wheelchair-bound former police officer Hutchie Moore, who in 1983 shot and killed his ex-wife’s divorce lawyer, James Piszczor, and Judge Henry Gentile in a Cook County courtroom.

Similarly, the trial of  “Richard Waterman” closely tracks that of Robert Langford, who at 15 was convicted of murder when he handed a gun to another boy, who killed a gang member. Langford served 20 years. He was released, and then convicted of killing two people in a drug war.

Vega, whose mother had committed suicide, was raped by an uncle starting at age 6, and at 16 was sold by her family to a green-card-seeking immigrant. After she married, it turned out her husband was violent. Fields’ life “was marked by poverty, racism, disease, poor choices and bad luck.” Waterman left home at 12 because he could no longer bear being unable to stop his drunken father from beating his mother, including cutting open her stomach and pulling “some of it out.” At 15, he was imprisoned with violent men who raped him day after day.

There also are cases in which Lyon finds that her clients were innocent, after all.

“The justice system gets it wrong more than we think,” she said, one reason she is proud that in the 19 death penalty cases she argued, not one of her clients was sentenced to die.

Along the way, Lyon talks of the difficulties of being the first woman to try a case for the homicide task force and the first woman to serve as a lead attorney on a Cook County death penalty case. She also takes some merciless shots at prosecutors and judges. But her primary goal is to introduce the reader to her clients.

After reading the book, “people who were in favor of the death penalty or weren’t sure how they felt about the death penalty come away feeling a little bit different,” she said. “They feel like they have some sense of who the human beings are.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/books/2057492,chicago-lit-andrea-lyon-022110.article
Thanks, Northern Rose.  So basically, Lyons "took some liberties" with the truth and "juggled some events around"?  Okay, obviously I'm not Mensa material, but Isn't that the same thing as LYING?  No wonder she and Casey appear to get along so well, they are cut from the same sea foam green cloth!

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1852 on: February 22, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, (read "rant,) let me just say that the arrogance of these people on the defense side absolutely floors me!  Do they really believe this (insert word here,) they are spewing?  Here's Lyons, admitting to "mishcontruing" her leonine head off, (in print, no less,) but we, the putative jury pool, are supposed to sit meekly by and swallow whatever (insert another word here,) she dishes up.  This is outrageous, I am sputtering now, swelling up like a toad, in an iambic pentameter snit... There are no words for the contempt they display to the public.  And because of this, the contempt I personally have for those who lie proudly and unashamedly is incalculable.
Sorry, this article hit me the wrong way.  I know they lie, I know they believe that any end justifies their means, but man, this frosts me.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1853 on: February 22, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »

We are all products of different forces but the fact of the matter is that it is an unwritten rule in life that thou shall not kill Andrea.........I love how she insinuates  blame on their environment - although the Anthony house was/is far from being functional it certainly was not a bad place for KC to be as she had everything she needed and was not held accountable or responsible for anything - she is just plain evil and that is that - she deserves everything that is coming her way even if it is death. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: February 22, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »

totally agree Mission!!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1855 on: February 22, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, (read "rant,) let me just say that the arrogance of these people on the defense side absolutely floors me!  Do they really believe this (insert word here,) they are spewing?  Here's Lyons, admitting to "mishcontruing" her leonine head off, (in print, no less,) but we, the putative jury pool, are supposed to sit meekly by and swallow whatever (insert another word here,) she dishes up.  This is outrageous, I am sputtering now, swelling up like a toad, in an iambic pentameter snit... There are no words for the contempt they display to the public.  And because of this, the contempt I personally have for those who lie proudly and unashamedly is incalculable.
Sorry, this article hit me the wrong way.  I know they lie, I know they believe that any end justifies their means, but man, this frosts me.

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1856 on: February 22, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

right there with you both!

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1857 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Oh Patooey.   Count me in with ya ll.   So she feels it's ok to 'enhance' the story of these poor misunderstood violent murderers to help us ? Sounds like a couple that were cited in this article were repeat offenders, guess they didn't learn the first time that killing another human being is wrong.  She's as slimy as the bad guys just in an uptown way.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »

Just thought I would post this from the the Orange County Clerk of Courts...

02/19/2010     Transaction Assessment      2.00
02/19/2010     Counter Payment  Receipt # CR-2010-12786  MEDIA  (2.00)

Now what could this be?

I haven't seen anything.

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Oh Patooey.   Count me in with ya ll.   So she feels it's ok to 'enhance' the story of these poor misunderstood violent murderers to help us ? Sounds like a couple that were cited in this article were repeat offenders, guess they didn't learn the first time that killing another human being is wrong.  She's as slimy as the bad guys just in an uptown way.   

Respectfully, I do not find anything uptown about that woman.  A pig with lipstick is nothing more than a pig with lipstick on. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.