March 28, 2024, 11:10:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 439500 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: January 25, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

History Of Judge In Anthony Case May Give Insight

ORLANDO, Fla. -- If Casey Anthony pleads guilty or no contest Monday to one of 13 check fraud-related charges against her, sentencing would fall on Judge Stan Strickland, the same judge presiding over her trial for the murder and child abuse of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony is set to appear at the Orange County courthouse for hearings on both her murder and fraud cases at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

She then could enter a plea to one or more of the 13 charges she faces for allegedly writing about $650 in bad checks from a friend's account over a seven-day period in July 2008, while her daughter was nowhere to be seen for nearly a month.

What Strickland decides at any sentencing will play a role in her murder trial, if Anthony chooses to testify in her defense.

In December, Strickland made statements in court indicating he would treat Anthony as he would any other defendant with a similar background facing similar charges.

If Anthony does enter a guilty or no-contest plea -- and there is no indication the state and defense have agreed to a plea deal -- Strickland will decide whether or not to adjudicate Anthony guilty.

If he withholds adjudication, jurors in the murder trial will not be told she is a convicted felon if she chooses to testify, meaning she could truthfully answer "no" if asked on the stand if she is a convicted felon.

But if Strickland adjudicates her guilty, the jury would then learn she is a felon if she testifies, which could lessen her credibility in the eyes of the jury, lawyers say.

Local 6 has obtained public records on the dispositions of thousands of felony criminal sentences in Orange County Circuit Court in 2007 and part of 2008.

MORE....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22329290/detail.html

Good Morning Monks!  NR, thanks for the article......it states what I fear is going to be the outcome today.....I sure hope I am wrong!!  but no matter...I will still glean pleasure in seeing her plead GUILTY

Morning Monkeys. You know NR, this really pisses me off. If she gets time served and adjudication, why the hell bother with this? It's like no biggie, swept under the rug, big whoopdidoo! So what if she wrote checks and stole money? She's had the princess treatment in jail and has to face no consequences for her actions. It's like it never happened, it doesn't effect her at all. I really hope Stan throws the book at her and makes her a convicted felon before her murder trial. 

Yeah, Yeah, what Boo said!

Good Morning Monks!

Does anyone understand the implications of a guilty plea and the Son of Sam Law?  What about adjudication and Son of Sam Law?  I'm terribly confused, but if KC's found guilty of a felony charge and it gets tied into the murder charge can't it affect her
ability to profit ala Son of Sam Law?  If she can't profit, then her counsel can't get paid.  Does any of this make any sense?   

TIA
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »

I just got  called into work 1 hour early!! Glad to have the hours but I'm going to miss the action. I leave in about 15 minutes. I'm sure you monkeys will detail the events for me. I wanna know about every wrinkle, every fake tear, every shout of joy as Stan the Man sentences her to 50 years in prison with 1 taken off for time served. 

I hope when I get home tonight to see shouts of joy as the trial moves forward with Casey as a convicted felon.   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »

History Of Judge In Anthony Case May Give Insight

ORLANDO, Fla. -- If Casey Anthony pleads guilty or no contest Monday to one of 13 check fraud-related charges against her, sentencing would fall on Judge Stan Strickland, the same judge presiding over her trial for the murder and child abuse of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony is set to appear at the Orange County courthouse for hearings on both her murder and fraud cases at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

She then could enter a plea to one or more of the 13 charges she faces for allegedly writing about $650 in bad checks from a friend's account over a seven-day period in July 2008, while her daughter was nowhere to be seen for nearly a month.

What Strickland decides at any sentencing will play a role in her murder trial, if Anthony chooses to testify in her defense.

In December, Strickland made statements in court indicating he would treat Anthony as he would any other defendant with a similar background facing similar charges.

If Anthony does enter a guilty or no-contest plea -- and there is no indication the state and defense have agreed to a plea deal -- Strickland will decide whether or not to adjudicate Anthony guilty.

If he withholds adjudication, jurors in the murder trial will not be told she is a convicted felon if she chooses to testify, meaning she could truthfully answer "no" if asked on the stand if she is a convicted felon.

But if Strickland adjudicates her guilty, the jury would then learn she is a felon if she testifies, which could lessen her credibility in the eyes of the jury, lawyers say.

Local 6 has obtained public records on the dispositions of thousands of felony criminal sentences in Orange County Circuit Court in 2007 and part of 2008.

MORE....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22329290/detail.html

Good Morning Monks!  NR, thanks for the article......it states what I fear is going to be the outcome today.....I sure hope I am wrong!!  but no matter...I will still glean pleasure in seeing her plead GUILTY

Morning Monkeys. You know NR, this really pisses me off. If she gets time served and adjudication, why the hell bother with this? It's like no biggie, swept under the rug, big whoopdidoo! So what if she wrote checks and stole money? She's had the princess treatment in jail and has to face no consequences for her actions. It's like it never happened, it doesn't effect her at all. I really hope Stan throws the book at her and makes her a convicted felon before her murder trial. 

Hi BOO...I hope he does too, but my gut tells me he won't....I sure hope my gut is wrong and  it has been many times in the past!~!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »

No matter what is done today...I don't see how it is possible to "lower her credibility".  The only way she going to get off is if they allow her and Bozo in a room with no cameras.

Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!  Dr.Pepper just came out of my nose.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »

hahahaha  TRIM IS READY

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys !!!

Waiting patiently...

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
ddex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #406 on: January 25, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »

OT, but hey we are killing time this am....
Many years ago, I had a dead beat roomate who left me holding the bag moneywise. In desperation I cashed her IRS refund to pay her portion of bills to keep a roof over my head. Big noonooo, I know. When she reapeared, I told her what I had done and repaid the funds, (thank god I had a witness).  A year later, the FBI showed up at my house to investigate. Roomate claimed I stole and cashed her refund.   I had to go to the city and have a lie detector test.  It ended up being resolved, she got jail time. I now have a record, and fingerprints with the FBI. As a souvenir, I still have Polaroids of me and my child that the FBI took of us that 1st day.
NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #407 on: January 25, 2010, 12:01:57 PM »

No matter what is done today...I don't see how it is possible to "lower her credibility".  The only way she going to get off is if they allow her and Bozo in a room with no cameras.

Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!  Dr.Pepper just came out of my nose.   

Mine too

Good Morning Monkeys!!!!! 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: January 25, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »

I hope george and spindy get there early so they can get a seat up close behind the daughter that love with all their h$arts. It's time for them to put their money where their mouths are. If they all have such a love fest between themselves, well, let's see it.

I agree the princess will have new clothes. For as much deliberate garbage that the defense has been filtering thru the internet, I'm pretty sure they've picked on the clue that casey looks frumpy and it smacks that nobody cares. Defense can't have that, along with outrageous accusations and lies against others, they've got to somehow portray kc as victim, loved and cared for by her family who supports her, blah,blah,blah
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: January 25, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »

a bit O/T...but since both are baby killers I am trying to tie it in

Susan Smith Seeks New Trial in Sons' Killings
Updated: 53 minutes ago
Print Text Size
E-mail More

AP
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (Jan. 25) -- The South Carolina mother convicted in 1995 of killing her two sons by rolling her car into a lake is asking for a new trial, but a prosecutor said Saturday she faces a deadline problem.

Susan Smith in 1995
Lou Krasky, AP
Susan Smith, here in 1995, is serving a life sentence for killing her 3-year-old and 14-month-old sons in 1994.
Susan Smith, 38, filed a handwritten petition Jan. 19 in Union County for post-conviction relief, claiming her Miranda rights were violated because she was questioned without a lawyer present in interviews that led to her arrest, and that her defense attorney was inadequate and didn't allow her to plead guilty.

She does not currently have a lawyer, 16th Circuit Solicitor Kevin Brackett said Saturday.

The appeal comes a month after her petition in federal court for a new trial was dismissed, citing her need to first exhaust state remedies.

Smith is serving a life sentence at a maximum-security state prison near Greenwood following her July 1995 murder conviction.

She captured the national spotlight when her boys, 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex, disappeared Oct. 25, 1994.

She told deputies they had been taken by a black man in a carjacking at a red light, and she cried on national television as she begged for their safe return. Nine days later, she confessed to strapping them into their car seats and letting the car roll into a lake. The boys' bodies were found in the car, submerged a few feet from a boat ramp at John D. Long Lake in Union County.

In her petition, Smith writes that her history of being sexually abused should have been considered as her alibi.

At trial, Smith disclosed she was molested as a child by her stepfather.

The deadline for post-conviction relief is usually one year from an appeal, but since she never filed an appeal, it would be one year from the trial ending, Brackett said: "Her first hurdle would be explaining the delay."

He said the attorney general's office will assign a prosecutor to handle the case, and Smith may be appointed a lawyer, or it may be dismissed before it gets to court because of the missed deadline.

"Sometimes people file these motions because they don't have anything better to do," he said.

Smith is up for parole on Nov. 4, 2024.

Rest in Peace Caylee

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #410 on: January 25, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »

Oh Boo sorry you have to go in to work early. The Real Estate agent just called me and wants to show the house at 1:30 I told her the front door would be unlocked and I would be on the computer. Just knock her self out showing it. lol. Just don't bother me.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »

Guilty Plea Expected Today In Casey Check Fraud Case

Posted: 4:28 pm EST January 22, 2010Updated: 11:51 am EST January 25, 2010

Comment On This Story ››
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony is going back to court Monday afternoon. She is expected to go before a judge and plead guilty to check fraud charges.

Casey is expected to take her case directly to the judge, by admitting guilt in open court. Monday's hearing is set to start at 1:30pm and, if Casey does plead guilty, it would be the first time Casey Anthony admitted that she has done anything wrong.

"As Yogi Berra said, it ain't over til it's over," WFTV Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer said.
<snipped>
http://www.wftv.com/news/22316847/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »

Good Morn/afternoon monkeys.  Just going to prop myself up on this branch and watch the circus come through town.  It should be interesting to see what K.C. pulls out her eye and what the offense defense pulls out of their a$$.  I was wondering how much $$$ did Jill K. receive for this vomit that she is spewing??  I am confident that the State has so much more than we will ever know right now.  My guess is... life without parole.  Justice and Peace for Caylee.  That everyone for the updates and all the information..

hi bowtie......

Rest in Peace Caylee

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »

Many years ago, I had a dead beat roomate who left me holding the bag moneywise. In desperation I cashed her IRS refund to pay her portion of bills to keep a roof over my head. Big noonooo, I know. When she reapeared, I told her what I had done and repaid the funds, (thank god I had a witness).  A year later, the FBI showed up at my house to investigate. Roomate claimed I stole and cashed her refund.   I had to go to the city and have a lie detector test.  It ended up being resolved, she got jail time. I now have a record, and fingerprints with the FBI. As a souvenir, I still have Polaroids of me and my child that the FBI took of us that 1st day.

ddex  wow, that's nuts!            you might want to watch your back now that you told us your story. By the same logic that they are now accusing Kronk of Caylees murder, they may decide that you are just as likely to have swiped Amy's money and forced kc to spend it!  just sayin'
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

Good Afternoon East coasters,  Good Morning to everyone else.  Nice to see so many familiar faces here today.   

We will not forget Caylee Marie Anthony!!! an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »

Oh Boo sorry you have to go in to work early. The Real Estate agent just called me and wants to show the house at 1:30 I told her the front door would be unlocked and I would be on the computer. Just knock her self out showing it. lol. Just don't bother me.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: January 25, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »

mercy...you have an angel on your side!  Glad it turned out as well as it did

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »

Boo we will poast updates for you.....Darla  that is too darn funny!   Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »

Blink has a new article on Casey 
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: January 25, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »

all i know is she better end up with a felony from this check fraud. now when the sentencing phase goes on, will the jurors be told she has a felony? Its not like everyone in the world wont here it later today..lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.