March 28, 2024, 04:52:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 439491 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:40 AM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/

(re: the chq./fraud case).

"Kathi Belich from WFTV wondered if this signaled a possible deal in the murder case, too, but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you."

......didn't KC already ( back in september 2008)(?) "pass" on accepting a plea deal? ( regarding caylee).

..do they offer this "deal" more than once ?

My understanding is yes she was offered a plea deal, but this was before Caylee's remains were found. I heard/read that KC refused a deal of "8 years"............not a chance in he!! she would be offered that sweet deal now! MOO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

Could some smart Monkey break down what with adjudication and without adjudication means in simple English?

http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/withheld-adjudication/

Withheld adjudication generally refers to a decision by a judge to put a person on probation without an adjudication of guilt. It means a person is not found guilty legally by the court. If the person successfully completes the terms of probation and has no subsequent offenses, no further action with be taken on the case and the offense for which adjudication was withheld is typically not considered a prior conviction for purposes of habitual offender sentencing. If the person does not complete the terms of probation, a finding of guilty may be entered and the person may be sentenced according to the punishments defined for the offense.
Edit: fix quote. MB
To a layperson like myself that sounds awfully like Not Guilty, no punishment.   Where is the justice for Amy in that?   So she will go to trial for Murder with no record?   I do not understand these plea arrangements at all. Either she is guilty or not.  I hope they do not consider  a deal for the murder charge.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:53:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »

I managed to get into a quote box again! 

My post starts " As a layperson" -   I am so annoyed that they offer pleas. To me that sounds like they can't be bothered to prosecute the case....
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Casey will be found guilty on the fraud charges, hopefully all of them, and JS has already stated that he would sentence her as a first time offender. We will just have to wait and see what JS deems appropriate. On the murder charge....IF a plea deal is in the works for this, Casey will have to admit to the killing and most likely will avoid the DP only. If I'm wrong, please set me straight. But.....IF Casey tells what happened to Caylee, how will anyone ever know if it's the truth or just an BS story that her defense helped her create?

This hearing can't come soon enough!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/22264076/detail.html

Plea Deal Likely In Anthony Fraud Case

Neither Side Will Confirm Deal Has Been Made

POSTED: 10:54 am EST January 18, 2010
UPDATED: 5:52 am EST January 20, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Sources close to the Casey Anthony investigation said a plea deal could be announced in her check fraud case.

A source close to the investigation said they expect Anthony to take responsibility for at least one of the 13 felony fraud counts against her. That will clear the way for both sides to concentrate on much work still to be done before her first-degree murder trial.

The defense team has not asked for more time on the fraud trial, and court administrators confirm the trial will not go on as scheduled on Monday.

Sources said that is a clear sign that a plea deal has been struck.

In a hearing scheduled for Monday, Anthony is expected to change her plea in the check fraud case. A couple of motions from the murder trial are also expected to be heard.

Officially, neither side will confirm that there is a plea deal in the fraud case. And one source said, "Nothing is etched in stone until the judge accepts it."

The check fraud charges are related to Anthony's alleged spending spree while Caylee Anthony was still missing.

Images of the spending spree were captured on surveillance cameras at area Target stores and local banks.

Anthony's friend, Amy Huizenga, said her checking account was drained of about $700 without her permission.

Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

The remains of the 2-year-old were found in December 2008 in a wooded area near the Anthony home in east Orange County.

Casey Anthony claims a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee. The babysitter has never been found or proven to exist.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

You were wondering what happens next in the Casey Anthony case?

We have official word from Karen Connolly Levey, chief of Due Process Services:

“The State vs. Casey Anthony check fraud trial originally scheduled to begin on Monday, January 25th will not go as planned.  However, a status hearing on the check fraud case will be held on the 25th at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

“It is also likely that at least two motions in the murder case will be heard the afternoon of the 25th. Once a docket is set, I will send you information on which motions will be heard.”

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

She is also charged with stealing checks from a friend.

WFTV-Channel 9’s Greg Warmoth said at noon today: “The judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey’s murder case.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/01/casey-anthony-check-fraud-trial-wont-start-monday.html/comment-page-3

If Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice, I say she should decide what that is.

Dear Amy,

Throw the switch!

Love Boo   

Good Morning Monks!    BOO!   

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »

Hello Ladies!

Sunny, I like the way your girls are hanging!

Monkey Devil!

More Dana coming up!

Bearly!!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Casey will be found guilty on the fraud charges, hopefully all of them, and JS has already stated that he would sentence her as a first time offender. We will just have to wait and see what JS deems appropriate. On the murder charge....IF a plea deal is in the works for this, Casey will have to admit to the killing and most likely will avoid the DP only. If I'm wrong, please set me straight. But.....IF Casey tells what happened to Caylee, how will anyone ever know if it's the truth or just an BS story that her defense helped her create?

This hearing can't come soon enough!

Good Morning tupelo. I agree with everything you say above.  JS will IMO accept her guilty plea and sentence her with time served. She will have a felony conviction on her record as she goes to trial for murder.

Rest in Peace Caylee

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »

Now a hearing is on Tuesday.

01/21/2010           Hearing  (10:00 AM) ()
Status/Pre-Trial
01/26/2010           Hearing  (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Adams, John H, SR)
motion to modify courts order

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:44 AM »

Status/Pre-Trial

Thanks Tupelo. 
We must have just missed each other over there.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »

Boo......   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2010, 10:23:07 AM »

Good Morning tupelo. I agree with everything you say above.  JS will IMO accept her guilty plea and sentence her with time served. She will have a felony conviction on her record as she goes to trial for murder

if she gets a plea deal, doesnt that mean that there will be no felony? i would like her to have one too, but i wonder if thats part of the deal
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22275948/detail.html
EXCLUSIVE: Casey To Be Offered Deal In Fraud Case

Posted: 4:47 pm EST January 19, 2010Updated: 10:25 am EST January 20, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Until now, Casey Anthony has never admitted to a shred of guilt, but Eyewitness News has learned there will be a plea deal in her check fraud case.

Casey still faces charges for murdering her daughter and the outcome of the plea deal could affect that case, as well.
Casey is accused of stealing her best friend's checkbook. She faces 13 felony charges for it, which, if not for this deal, could have landed her in prison for 65 years.

A plea deal in the check fraud case certainly could explain why the defense has not yet deposed the alleged victim, Amy Huizenga, and it explains why the judge is not demanding that the trial start first thing Monday morning. He was adamant about the case going on January 25, no matter what, and even mentioned a plea as a possibility in court during one of the last hearings.

Casey Anthony told murder detectives they would never trick her into a confession that she killed her daughter Caylee. That was the day she was indicted for first-degree murder.

Now, Eyewitness News has learned she will take some legal responsibility for allegedly cleaning out hundreds of dollars from the bank account of her ex-best friend, Amy Huizenga. The evidence is clear, including security videos, receipts and canceled checks, and Casey has paid back the $664.25.

The terms of the plea deal are not so clear and might not be until Monday afternoon.

“Would you be surprised if all of the terms were not hammered out before that?” WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked legal analyst Bill Sheaffer (full interview).
“Absolutely. The defense in this case is not going to enter a plea to these charges without knowing what the situation is regarding adjudication of guilt,” he said. “There is some strong indication to me, from my experience, that a plea to these charges, if in fact there's an adjudication, may be an indication that the murder case may not go to trial."

Sheaffer says that's because the judge's ruling on whether to adjudicate or convict Casey of a crime, or withhold adjudication, would directly affect the defense's decision as to whether Casey would take the stand in her murder trial. If she were to have a conviction on her record, prosecutors could ask her about it and it would immediately affect her credibility in the eyes of the jurors.

“If this deal does not include a ‘withhold of adjudication,’ a decision has to have been made that we're not gonna put her on the witness stand,” Sheaffer said. “It is very early to start cutting yourself off as to how you're going to defend the murder case.”

Sheaffer says, if the defense has already decided Casey won't testify at her murder trial before it's even been scheduled, it could mean there's a possibility of a plea in the murder case, too.

Eyewitness News asked the defense's spokeswoman why the defense team has not deposed Huizenga yet and was told defense attorney Andrea Lyons said there would be no comment about that.
Eyewitness News asked the State Attorney's Office about a possible plea deal and the spokeswoman said the only discussions about the case will happen in court.

A hearing in Casey’s check fraud case is expected to be held Monday afternoon. That's where Casey will likely plead. Two motions in the murder case are also expected to be heard during that hearing on January 25. The murder trial is supposed to start this year, but no date has been set yet.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

Video link for BSheaffer
http://www.wftv.com/video/22281962/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

Hey CBB   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »

It certainly will be interesting to hear what sort of deal the State made with the fraud charges.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »

It certainly will be interesting to hear what sort of deal the State made with the fraud charges.

Agree.   Hi Monkeys.     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:43 AM »

Agree.   Hi Monkeys.     
Hope you are doing good Sassy  an angelic monkey  Should be a packed courtroom on Monday.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »

Status/Pre-Trial

Thanks Tupelo. 
We must have just missed each other over there.   

I wonder why this Judge Adams will be hearing this?   

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »

Agree.   Hi Monkeys.     
Hope you are doing good Sassy  an angelic monkey  Should be a packed courtroom on Monday.

I hope you're doing well, also.    an angelic monkey
I bet this cage will be packed, too.          I'm so far behind and I admit I have not read back (life keeps getting in the way)  - but if KC takes a deal on the fraud charges, will Amy be in the court room on Monday?    I'm curious to see if KC will look Amy in the eye.         Will other witnesses have to be there, like Tony L?   He gave the stolen checkbook back to Amy so I would think he would be called as a witness.   KC doesn't want to have to see any of those people, I bet.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.