April 19, 2024, 03:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 442306 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »

On the murder case:

01/20/2010           Transaction Assessment            6.00
01/20/2010           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2010-04150    Kathy Belich    (6.00)

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Casey will be found guilty on the fraud charges, hopefully all of them, and JS has already stated that he would sentence her as a first time offender. We will just have to wait and see what JS deems appropriate. On the murder charge....IF a plea deal is in the works for this, Casey will have to admit to the killing and most likely will avoid the DP only. If I'm wrong, please set me straight. But.....IF Casey tells what happened to Caylee, how will anyone ever know if it's the truth or just an BS story that her defense helped her create?

This hearing can't come soon enough!

Good Morning tupelo. I agree with everything you say above.  JS will IMO accept her guilty plea and sentence her with time served. She will have a felony conviction on her record as she goes to trial for murder.

Yep.  That sounds right.           The important thing is that she WILL have that felony conviction on her record.

As far as ever knowing what really happened to Caylee, I doubt we will ever know the truth.   I think if there is a deal made on the murder charge, KC will claim it was an accident and the duct tape, etc. was done in an effort to cover up Caylee's death after the fact.  She was trying to make it look like someone else did it.    She will claim she was afraid of her mom.   After watching KC during the last hearing, I just can't see the trial ever going forward.   She'll never make it through it.   I also think the state will be willing to take a deal and save the taxpayers tons of money.   This is all JMO.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Casey will be found guilty on the fraud charges, hopefully all of them, and JS has already stated that he would sentence her as a first time offender. We will just have to wait and see what JS deems appropriate. On the murder charge....IF a plea deal is in the works for this, Casey will have to admit to the killing and most likely will avoid the DP only. If I'm wrong, please set me straight. But.....IF Casey tells what happened to Caylee, how will anyone ever know if it's the truth or just an BS story that her defense helped her create?

Good Morning tupelo. I agree with everything you say above.  JS will IMO accept her guilty plea and sentence her with time served. She will have a felony conviction on her record as she goes to trial for murder.

Yep.  That sounds right.           The important thing is that she WILL have that felony conviction on her record.

As far as ever knowing what really happened to Caylee, I doubt we will ever know the truth.   I think if there is a deal made on the murder charge, KC will claim it was an accident and the duct tape, etc. was done in an effort to cover up Caylee's death after the fact.  She was trying to make it look like someone else did it.    She will claim she was afraid of her mom.   After watching KC during the last hearing, I just can't see the trial ever going forward.   She'll never make it through it.   I also think the state will be willing to take a deal and save the taxpayers tons of money.   This is all JMO.   
My thinking is like yours Sassy. That is one thing I have never changed my mind on, that this will not make it to trial, JMO.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

NRCG will you check your mail please?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »

It certainly will be interesting to hear what sort of deal the State made with the fraud charges.

nrcg, it sure will be, especially after watching what Mr. Shaeffer had to say.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »

It certainly will be interesting to hear what sort of deal the State made with the fraud charges.

Agree.   Hi Monkeys.     

Sassycat!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »

o/t  darla has posted in the prayer thread, she has had much tragedy these past weeks, and now her SIL needs many prayers  an angelic monkey
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »

Damn! I really wanted her to stand trial for the checks! I wanted her wide azz up on that stand looking her ex-best friend in the eye and say Naaaa I didn't do it. The whole courtroom gasps  Oh No! She did not just say that! The jury stands up and says we don't need no freaking time to decide.... GUILTY! Throw the switch! Yes, never in Florida history has there been a death penalty decided for check fraud, but the good people of Florida has had enough of Casey and her family! There is a shortage of bean dip and beef sticks, the people have spoken! Casey is carried out of the courtroom by burly officers as the crowd goes wild!!! 

Sorry.... must be the hair dye. 

Monkey Devil!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »

On the murder case:

01/20/2010           Transaction Assessment            6.00
01/20/2010           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2010-04150    Kathy Belich    (6.00)

uuumm what's this about??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »

I have never thought for one moment the defense would put Casey on the stand....how about your thoughts on this??

I agree.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »

o/t  darla has posted in the prayer thread, she has had much tragedy these past weeks, and now her SIL needs many prayers  an angelic monkey

thanks nr...will go to the prayer threas

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Sassy those are my thoughts as well.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »

Hello monkeys....Smile

Could this be what Kathy was after...

Defendant’s objection to Orange County’s opposition by letter to proposed amended order on defendant’s motion for protective order

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22282699/detail.html

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/plea-deal-expected-in-casey-anthony-s-fraud-187409.html
Plea deal expected in Casey Anthony's fraud case
By WFTV

WFTV Staff Writer
Updated: 1:01 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010
Posted: 12:18 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010
ORLANDO — Until now, Casey Anthony has never admitted to a shred of guilt, but Eyewitness News has learned there will be a plea deal in her check fraud case.

Casey still faces charges for murdering her daughter and the outcome of the plea deal could affect that case, as well.

Casey is accused of stealing her best friend's checkbook. She faces 13 felony charges for it, which, if not for this deal, could have landed her in prison for 65 years.

A plea deal in the check fraud case certainly could explain why the defense has not yet deposed the alleged victim, Amy Huizenga, and it explains why the judge is not demanding that the trial start first thing Monday morning. He was adamant about the case going on Jan. 25, no matter what, and even mentioned a plea as a possibility in court during one of the last hearings.

Casey Anthony told murder detectives they would never trick her into a confession that she killed her daughter Caylee. That was the day she was indicted for first-degree murder.

Now, Eyewitness News has learned she will take some legal responsibility for allegedly cleaning out hundreds of dollars from the bank account of her ex-best friend, Amy Huizenga. The evidence is clear, including security videos, receipts and canceled checks, and Casey has paid back the $664.25.

The terms of the plea deal are not so clear and might not be until Monday afternoon.
"Would you be surprised if all of the terms were not hammered out before that?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked legal analyst Bill Sheaffer.

"Absolutely. The defense in this case is not going to enter a plea to these charges without knowing what the situation is regarding adjudication of guilt," he said. "There is some strong indication to me, from my experience, that a plea to these charges, if in fact there's an adjudication, may be an indication that the murder case may not go to trial."

Sheaffer says that's because the judge's ruling on whether to adjudicate or convict Casey of a crime, or withhold adjudication, would directly affect the defense's decision as to whether Casey would take the stand in her murder trial. If she were to have a conviction on her record, prosecutors could ask her about it and it would immediately affect her credibility in the eyes of the jurors.

"If this deal does not include a 'withhold of adjudication,' a decision has to have been made that we're not gonna put her on the witness stand," Sheaffer said. "It is very early to start cutting yourself off as to how you're going to defend the murder case."

Sheaffer says, if the defense has already decided Casey won't testify at her murder trial before it's even been scheduled, it could mean there's a possibility of a plea in the murder case, too.
Eyewitness News asked the defense's spokeswoman why the defense team has not deposed Huizenga yet and was told defense attorney Andrea Lyons said there would be no comment about that.

Eyewitness News asked the State Attorney's Office about a possible plea deal and the spokeswoman said the only discussions about the case will happen in court.

A hearing in Casey's check fraud case is expected to be held Monday afternoon. That's where Casey will likely plead. Two motions in the murder case are also expected to be heard during that hearing on January 25. The murder trial is supposed to start this year, but no date has been set yet.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »

Hello monkeys....Smile

Defendant’s objection to Orange County’s opposition by letter to proposed amended order on defendant’s motion for protective order

Thank you! 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »

Hello monkeys....Smile

Thanks. I bet you're right!

On a side note, this is from that doc:

What's up with Lyon's signature? /s/

Surely it is not her signature, there is no S in her name. Anyone know what /s/ means in a sig?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

Brandi,is that something to do with electronic signature?   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »

"... Miss Anthony's attorneys may have to advise their client that the meetings cannot continue for fear of confidential information leaking to the press. Miss Anthony's counsel does not wish to give her this advice, but if they cannot meet with their client without the threat of videotapes of those meetings being distributed to the public, they will be forced to do so. The inability to meet with counsel, and its attendant ramifications, will amount to per se ineffective assistance of counsel."
    Okay what exactly is this nonsense meaning? Are they threatening, are they setting this up for ineffective assistance of counsel? 
kdel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »

I work for an attorney and /s/ is an electronc signature. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »

I work for an attorney and /s/ is an electronc signature. 
Thank-you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.