March 19, 2024, 01:12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washington's 'Appropriators' and our children  (Read 1449 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 17, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

Our unborn children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren cannot vote for the politicians spending massing tsunami like debt being accumulated in Washington.  There futures are being destroy or taxed by people they don't know.

I watched on TV yesterday an interview with a woman on an appropriation committee.  She seemed proud of the fact that she was an appropriator.  What exactly is an appropriator?

I looked it up and came up with the word 'appropriate'.

ap⋅pro⋅pri⋅ate  /adj. əˈproʊpriɪt; v. əˈproʊpriˌeɪt/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [adj. uh-proh-pree-it; v. uh-proh-pree-eyt]  Show IPA adjective, verb, -at⋅ed, -at⋅ing.
Use appropriate in a Sentence
See web results for appropriate
See images of appropriate
–adjective 1. suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress. 
2. belonging to or peculiar to a person; proper: Each played his appropriate part. 

–verb (used with object) 3. to set apart, authorize, or legislate for some specific purpose or use: The legislature appropriated funds for the university. 
4. to take to or for oneself; take possession of.
5. to take without permission or consent; seize; expropriate: He appropriated the trust funds for himself. 
6. to steal, esp. to commit petty theft.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/appropriate

What possible use could Congress have for appropriating funds today, incurring debt that will burden generations of Americans?  Debt without a repayment plan? 

Giving a few workers $5 today, knowing that it will take generations and possibly millions to pay back that $5?

Generational theft?  Theft by another name?

For some reason the dictionary links these meanings together.  Perhaps a thin grey line?

In my mind, creating a tsunami of debt, to be paid back by generations unborn, is theft.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.