March 28, 2024, 11:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If they don't want to pay...stay out..."  (Read 1349 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 17, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Why doesn't the US tax imports for lost jobs and unemployment?  Level the playing field? 

Airlines, industry group sue to block EU emissions rule

Three U.S. airlines and an industry group are suing to block implementation of Europe's greenhouse gas emissions trading scheme, according to a new report.

Continental, American, United and the Air Transport Association filed suit Dec. 16 against the U.K. Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Aviation Week reported.

more here - http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/188546.asp

from the comments -

Posted by unregistered user at 12/17/09 12:30 p.m.

Well EU airlines have to trade off all their flights, so the EU tries to level the field by imposing those charges on all airlines which fly to the EU (or the associated airspace, as there are some non-EU countries part of it).

If they don't want to pay, they can just stop flying into these airspaces and stay out...

How about...if they don't want to pay the import taxes, they can just stop selling in the US?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »

From that same comment section - apparently Mr. Gore will just fly by private plane...

Posted by unregistered user at 12/17/09 1:03 p.m.

All to pay for Al Gore's Global warming (excuse me - Climate change). Al will be laughing all the way to the bank. What a hoax on the people of Europe and unfortunately coming to our country. Making the Gasbag Gore and his buddies at Goldman Sachs multi- millionaires if not billionaires on the backs of US taxpayers. Climate Gate has proven that it's all a big scam.

How long before Gore is worth billions on all these new taxes?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.