March 28, 2024, 11:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big Greedy Obamanation  (Read 1364 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 18, 2009, 07:17:38 AM »

Part 4: 'Obama Is Pushing a Huge Snowball Up a Mountain'

Part of the political climate in the two Americas is the constant obligation to comment on and intensify an already hysterical debate, one in which level-headedness is a thing of the past. Two people fighting as proxies in this war between the two Americas are conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer and his liberal counterpart, Thomas Friedman. The two men, waging a battle armed with their computers, live and work only a few miles apart, and yet they never meet.

Liberal America despises Krauthammer, as it does the radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh. Krauthammer, paralyzed since he hit his head while jumping into a pool during medical school, is wheelchair-bound today. He says: "Maybe you think that there is a consensus and that the subject of the climate has been settled, but that's not true. There is no consensus, even if I personally believe that global warming caused by human activity does exist. You can't just keep on pumping CO2 into the atmosphere without producing a reaction."

He pauses for a moment, moving around his office in his wheelchair. The problem, he says finally, is that good, credible scientists are still questioning climate change and that, more importantly, the costs of intervention are staggering. "It would signify a complete transformation of the industrial society," says Krauthammer. "It's highly impractical."

Until I read this article, I didn't know that Krauthammer was in a wheelchair.  Why does anyone need to mention the wheelchair in a news article?

It's stiflingly hot in Krauthammer's corner office in Washington, DC -- overheated, like many American offices and homes.

I maintain my house at 65 on most days.  Didn't the Obama's complain last January that the White House was cold?

The world, Machnig concludes, is still waiting for Obama and his big, greedy and self-indulgent country "because as long as even the man in charge doesn't know what he really wants, everyone else will remain at a loss."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,666944-4,00.html

Why isn't energy cheap?  Why isn't the new world providing the globe with cheaper energy?  Make life better for everyone?

Taxes, like poverty and hunger kill - my opinion.

Taxes are old school.  Real innovation would make energy, housing, medical care, and all the necessities of life cheaper for everyone.

Wait...there is less profit for the greens if everything is cheaper due to innovation...The global elite would make less money...no more transfer from one group to another...they make money on the transfers...

Damn!!!

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »

The quotes below from the Spiegel article remind me of WWII Nazi Germany's characterization of Jews.   The article seems to use written words to create images of flawed and greedy people in a self-indulgent nation.

Why would any reader of the article need to know Krauthammer is wheelchair bound? 

Why didn't the author also point out Michelle Obama's endless supply of sleveless dresses, summer, fall, & winter?

The poor in America get grants to help them with high heating bills.  What is the incentive for these folks to dial down when someone else is paying the bill?

The working poor, those whose income is above the income guidelines are forced to dial down and PREVENT large utility bills.  The working poor have incentives to make ends meet, a market solution.

Is this a modern example of environmental fascism?  Portray Krauthammer and his wheelchair, along with "Obama and his big, greedy and self-indulgent country" as villains in the global climate change?  A climate change that many are coming to see as a fraud?

How long before posters and artwork of the less desirable start showing up?  Wheel chairs?  Down syndrome people?  Other undesirables?

First they came for those with down syndrome...I didn't object
Then they came for those with wheelchairs...I didn't object
When they came for the nation...there was no one left to object...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.