April 25, 2024, 12:01:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass insanity in Copenhagen  (Read 1592 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 19, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »

I think this sums it up in the best way possible -

A good definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

In that sense, the approach of the United Nations in Copenhagen to addressing climate change has been insane.

As they did 12 years ago in Kyoto, Japan, world leaders have apparently jammed together an eleventh-hour deal in an atmosphere of manufactured hysteria and artificial deadlines.

This is a farcical way to deal with what these leaders claim is an existential threat to mankind. Whatever they've agreed to has nothing to do with cooling our planet.

It has everything to do with some of the world's most corrupt dictators and regimes extorting billions upon billions of dollars from the developed world -- us -- which they will then spend not on reducing their own greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), but in any way they please.

Never mind that the European cap-and-trade market in carbon dioxide emissions spawned by the Kyoto accord and financed by carbon credits, is riddled with profiteering, fraud, corruption and has been infiltrated by organized crime, which has already stolen billions of dollars.

Never mind that cap-and-trade -- soon to go global -- has done nothing for the environment, while driving up the cost of energy for consumers and funneling billions in undeserved profits to hedge funds, speculators and energy companies.

How much will Al Gore be making on all these agreements?  Goldman Sachs?

http://www.calgarysun.com/comment/editorial/2009/12/19/12212046-sun.html

This opinion references Canada, but I think much applies to the US.

Our economy is being destroyed daily by the Obamacrats.

Our manufacturing sector has been oursourced.

And, the Congress threatens Americans and those here legally with jail if we don't buy health insurance.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens get a free healthcare ride and no one is sending them to jail or deporting them.  Washington can't seem to find enough programs with which to shower those here illegally with money.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »

THE Copenhagen conference was rightly killed by greed, science fiction and a surfeit of hot air emitted by the 45,000 delegates, rent-seekers and assorted hangers-on, all of whom attempted to defy common sense and cripple the global economy.

Left-leaning nations and taxpayer-funded organisations went to Copenhagen prepared to give the dysfunctional global bureaucracy the power to operate the largest, most intrusive, supra-national tax-and-police authority ever envisaged.

...The crowd who gathered in Copenhagen were there pushing a fraud.

The Russians were on to it early when they checked the claims being put forward on the basis of the data they had supplied.

Last week, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) was issued a report claiming that the Hadley Centre for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian climate data.

The London Daily Telegraph's James Delingpole, a keen student of Climategate, noted: "What the Russians are suggesting here, in other words, is that the entire global temperature record used by the IPCC to inform world government policy is a crock."

..."overwhelming evidence that sea level was by no means in a rising mode in the Maldives, but had remained quite stable for the last 30 years".The same goes for Tuvalu and the other island nations claiming to be threatened by calamitous sea rise, he said. Very emotive, but a fraud.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/message-on-climate-emotive-but-a-fraud/story-e6frezz0-1225812018528

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

Over the past few days, the US and other developed countries have tentatively agreed to help fund a $100 billion-per-year pool of money that will help poor countries adapt to climate change. But how can the US or any other country be sure that those billions won’t be wasted through fraud and abuse? As we reported here last week, the Chinese government has been gaming the Clean Development Mechanism, the international carbon-trading system, to help fund wind projects in China.

African politicians have been strident in their demands for money from the developed countries. But given the endemic corruption in Africa, there’s a strong likelihood that some, or even, most, of the money aimed at climate change mitigation will instead be pilfered by that region’s leaders. And some non-governmental organizations are saying that $100 billion won’t be enough. Robert Bailey, a spokesman for the aid group Oxfam International said today that $200 billion per year is the minimum amount needed. And Bailey recognizes the potential for abuse of that money. “"There is not a clear commitment that this money is going to be public money that is going to predictable money that is paid from one government into a fund that can then be dispersed in an equitable and balanced way."

http://www.energytribune.com/articles.cfm?aid=2746

In America, we have the anti-American administration headed by Obamacrats...

No jobs, prosperity, or wealth creation for America.

It's just a drain on the backs of present and future generations.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:53:37 AM »

As world leaders meet in Copenhagen to talk about cutting carbon dioxide emissions, much of the focus is on placating China, because without significant action by the Chinese, the entire effort is a farce. Thus, many leaders have agreed to subsidize China’s alternative energy industry and the Chinese are all too willing to play along. And nothing reveals how China has been gaming the system than the wind sector.

In July, the United Nations’ Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) stopped approving subsidies to China’s wind power projects. CDM is a carbon trading system designed to direct funds from developed countries to developing countries to cut greenhouse gases. The tradable carbon credit funds are awarded to applicants who can prove they cannot build the low-emission projects without the CDM subsidies. This feature is called “additionality.”

Here’s how China gamed the CDM system: The Chinese government reduced the price paid for electricity generated by wind farms so that they could meet the additionality requirement. Furthermore, the Chinese government pre-approved all of the proposed wind projects for CDM subsidies. Those actions made the Chinese wind projects appear more attractive to the CDM officials. But those same officials have started to realize that they’ve been had. At the end of October, Lex de Jonge, the president of CDM executive board expressed his dissatisfaction toward China’s subsidized projects and declared that CDM will investigate China’s wind power price.

As a result, about 90% of the Chinese wind projects that have been submitted in recent months under CDM have been rejected. Most of the rejected projects are managed by the big five, state-owned power companies, Huaneng Group, Guodian Corp., China Datang Corp., China Huadian Corp. and China Power Investment Corp.

China is one of the globes wealthiest nations. 

The US is the globes largest debter nation.  The US is broke and Obamacrats continue to spend money the nation doesn't have.

In other words, China’s wind power sector was healthy as long as it could rely on other peoples’ money. When that money dries up, the story changes.

Obama, wants to bankrupt our energy companies, bankrupt families on Main Street.  In addition, he wants to continue to send BILLIONS to foreign nations.

http://www.energytribune.com/articles.cfm?aid=2710

No jobs, no energy, no prosperity, no positive future for Americans and those here legally.

Just debt, homelessness, and hunger.

Thank you Obamacrats...and all your friends and family.

When will Washington start looking out for the little poeple in this nation?

When will Washington be on our side?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »

There is also the polar bear myth. Two decades ago the polar bear census was 12,000. Three years ago the census was over 29,000. It is obvious that the bear is not endangered. It is a highly adaptable animal. But U.S. Fish and Wildlife listed it as endangered in 2009.

In California, U.S. Fish and Wildlife convinced a federal judge to protect the Delta Smelt until they can list it. The result was very little water moving south. The devastation was almost all in the Central Valley. Up to 80,000 jobs were lost. It put a tremendous strain on farmers. Millions of tons of food were lost or never produced.

The only environmental groups that I trust are the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts. These groups teach young people to love the environment, not use it as a club against people and their livelihood. People need to wake up and see the truth and act.

I have to agree with this opinion piece.  The Scouts do an awesome job of educating young people and teaching them about the wilderness.

http://**/letters/ci_14029388

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.