April 27, 2024, 03:12:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404450 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »

Growing up we had a standard doxie, named Gretchen, she was mellow. Heidi was a black and brown miniature doxie, she wasn't so mellow, very smart dogs. But neither of ours were good with children, me yes, but no other kids. 

It's  a small world isn't it. The doxie we had when the kids were growing up was name Gretchen. She was black and tan and full size. She was a big ole baby too. But if you left her alone she would destroy the house. She hated to be alone. I worked night shift and the kids were old enough to stay by themselves at night, They left for school at 7:45 and I got home at 8:45 and she would have the trash torn out. the toilet paper all unrolled and all over the house. Anything was fair game.

Ok off to get dressed, see you Monkeys later tonight.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »

Growing up we had a standard doxie, named Gretchen, she was mellow. Heidi was a black and brown miniature doxie, she wasn't so mellow, very smart dogs. But neither of ours were good with children, me yes, but no other kids. 

It's  a small world isn't it. The doxie we had when the kids were growing up was name Gretchen. She was black and tan and full size. She was a big ole baby too. But if you left her alone she would destroy the house. She hated to be alone. I worked night shift and the kids were old enough to stay by themselves at night, They left for school at 7:45 and I got home at 8:45 and she would have the trash torn out. the toilet paper all unrolled and all over the house. Anything was fair game.

Ok off to get dressed, see you Monkeys later tonight.
Heidi was the one that would love to rip toilet paper, and if she could get her mouth on kleenix from the trash bin in the bathroom she was having a good day 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »

not an egg nog fan but with the brandy in it with coffee could maybe change my mind ! I love sloppy joes and chicken and dumplings! it all sounds so good!
I just made cinnamon rolls the other day...yummy!!! I love all the food this time of year, well, really any time of year! luckily I have a fast metabolism! otherwise I would be over weight!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

Okay monkeys. I gotta get in the shower, slap on some makeup (for family function, not for church) then get to church. Hope everyone has a great day and the ones with snow, it starts to melt.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »

I have both van seats in my family room and he comes home and says no tree as there was no room in the van.   

Please please please put your van seats back in the van!  One thing the manufacturers will never tell van owners <ahead of time> is IF they take the van seats out of the back, and IF they get rear-ended, that van will go airborne and the driver seat will flip backwards flat on the floor behind.  This happened to my mid-son, that's when we found out.  Manufacturer just went    "sorry, thought you knew". 

Oh that isn't good, don't have a van, but wow. I wouldn't even know how to take a seat out of a car.

Yeah, it's not easy!  Harder yet putting them back in, which is why many just get left out and end up being used as seating elsewhere.  A van dealer can put em back in, for a fee of course.   Figures, eh? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

I have both van seats in my family room and he comes home and says no tree as there was no room in the van.   

Please please please put your van seats back in the van!  One thing the manufacturers will never tell van owners <ahead of time> is IF they take the van seats out of the back, and IF they get rear-ended, that van will go airborne and the driver seat will flip backwards flat on the floor behind.  This happened to my mid-son, that's when we found out.  Manufacturer just went    "sorry, thought you knew". 

Oh that isn't good, don't have a van, but wow. I wouldn't even know how to take a seat out of a car.

Yeah, it's not easy!  Harder yet putting them back in, which is why many just get left out and end up being used as seating elsewhere.  A van dealer can put em back in, for a fee of course.   Figures, eh? 

Long time ago we lived by this guy that obsessed with his car, every two weeks the front seats came out so he could clean the car and seats, I use to watch him in amazement 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2009, 12:08:53 PM »

not an egg nog fan but with the brandy in it with coffee could maybe change my mind ! I love sloppy joes and chicken and dumplings! it all sounds so good!
I just made cinnamon rolls the other day...yummy!!! I love all the food this time of year, well, really any time of year! luckily I have a fast metabolism! otherwise I would be over weight!
I'll take your fast metabolism please   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

Okay monkeys. I gotta get in the shower, slap on some makeup (for family function, not for church) then get to church. Hope everyone has a great day and the ones with snow, it starts to melt.
Have a good day 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »

How awful. I hope he wasn't hurt

an angelic monkey

Yeah he was taken out on a backboard, but at least not hurt badly or permanently.   Actually both front seats flipped back flat, so a friend of his in the passenger seat was also taken out on a backboard.  Both doing fine.  Van was totalled from being rear-ended.  But when the seats flipped backwards onto the floor, son driving couldn't see, had no control over the van any longer, couldn't reach the pedals or the steering wheel.  He was seat-belted into the seat on the floor.  The van, having gone airborne and then out of control, crashed into the residence next door.  It was doubly totalled in the back and then in front, and my insurance co was not happy campers.  They went after the other driver <uninsured of course>  and the van manufacturer as well.  Who wouldn't do a van recall, saying it is the owners responsibility not to remove the seats in the first place.   Oh well.. a lesson learned.  Just am glad my son and friend escaped with their lives.  And next door neighbor got some free remodeling and a paint job.  lol

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »

I saw the prettiest wired haired doxie at Petsmart up for adoption yesterday. She is being treated for heartworms and didn't feel good. I just wanted to take her home, but Josef wouldn't tolerate it.

Awwwww..  Well Josef is smart, he knows when he's got it made in the shade!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2009, 12:18:09 PM »

Just buzzin' on thru, catching up on my reading   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

How awful. I hope he wasn't hurt

an angelic monkey

Yeah he was taken out on a backboard, but at least not hurt badly or permanently.   Actually both front seats flipped back flat, so a friend of his in the passenger seat was also taken out on a backboard.  Both doing fine.  Van was totalled from being rear-ended.  But when the seats flipped backwards onto the floor, son driving couldn't see, had no control over the van any longer, couldn't reach the pedals or the steering wheel.  He was seat-belted into the seat on the floor.  The van, having gone airborne and then out of control, crashed into the residence next door.  It was doubly totalled in the back and then in front, and my insurance co was not happy campers.  They went after the other driver <uninsured of course>  and the van manufacturer as well.  Who wouldn't do a van recall, saying it is the owners responsibility not to remove the seats in the first place.   Oh well.. a lesson learned.  Just am glad my son and friend escaped with their lives.  And next door neighbor got some free remodeling and a paint job.  lol

Sure am glad your son and his friend escaped with their lives and are okay  an angelic monkey That's frightening.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »

Just buzzin' on thru, catching up on my reading   
Good morning 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

Was Gretchen a long-haired?  I haven't met many mellow smooth-haireds.  lol  I had one named Samson and my bff while growing up had one named TootsieRoll.  Funny how some doxies like kids, some don't.  Neiko loves kids.  The only thing in the world he doesn't like much are teeny tiny dogs with shrill yaps who never stand still.  He looks at them like WTH is that?  lol

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »

Growing up, we had a black/tan female doxie we named Schnitzie and after her, we got a red long hair male for Christmas (this was back in the mid 60's) and he was named Rudy (for Rudolf). They were both great pets, but a bit high strung. The very best dogs I have ever personally owned have been mixed breeds. They have been the most even tempered. Even Brandi is a mix. Golden Retriever and something.

That's just been my experience.

Good morning everyone!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »

You're SOOOOOO lucky to have a fast metabolism!!  I gain weight just sitting here reading about all these yummies!!   

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »

I love sloppy joes also  Mission we have egg nog here, believe me, over the last couple weeks I have over indulged. Christian Brothers Egg Nog Brandy, we can't seem to find here anymore. Just looked through the ads in the Sunday paper, I should have known better, now a trip to Old Navy is in store, another store that drives me crazy, but they have some nice sales 
Ok well I would have sent you some if egg nog was out of the question no one should be with out it at Christmas - good luck at Old Navy they do have good sales and the quality is good too.  Ok monks I am over and out need to get my rear in gear - have a great day and I will see you later. 

You have a great day, the way I'm drinking egg nog, I may have to have you send me some  I love the pumpkin spice flavor 
pumpkin spice egg nog that sounds yummy 

Speaking of pumpkin spice ... sister sent us a Christmas gift (it was shipped directly from us from the store) and said Open Immediately. Inside was an assortment of English muffins and toppings. Some of the flavors were pumpkin spice (absolutely wonderful!) maple almond, sour dough and cinnamon raisin. They were from Wolferman's ... I recommend them! www.wolfermans.com

Delish!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »

Heidi was the one that would love to rip toilet paper, and if she could get her mouth on kleenix from the trash bin in the bathroom she was having a good day 

What IS it about toilet paper and kleenex?     That would be a good day for Neiko too!  That and de-stuffing anything with stuffing inside.  Like pillows and toys.  I finally gave in and let him have empty toilet paper rolls to play with, and he leaves my couch cushions alone.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

Was Gretchen a long-haired?  I haven't met many mellow smooth-haireds.  lol  I had one named Samson and my bff while growing up had one named TootsieRoll.  Funny how some doxies like kids, some don't.  Neiko loves kids.  The only thing in the world he doesn't like much are teeny tiny dogs with shrill yaps who never stand still.  He looks at them like WTH is that?  lol

Gretchen was a smooth-haired. Neither dogs liked other dogs. When my parents had guests over, Heidi had to go in her little house full of blankets and toys in the basement, because they couldn't take a chance of Heidi biting someone 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

Growing up, we had a black/tan female doxie we named Schnitzie and after her, we got a red long hair male for Christmas (this was back in the mid 60's) and he was named Rudy (for Rudolf). They were both great pets, but a bit high strung. The very best dogs I have ever personally owned have been mixed breeds. They have been the most even tempered. Even Brandi is a mix. Golden Retriever and something.

That's just been my experience.

Good morning everyone!
Good morning, hope all is well in the frozen tundra  It sure looks bad on the news. I agree with the mixed breeds, Zoe is my second mixed breed I have had 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.