April 27, 2024, 10:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404499 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1500 on: December 28, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

NRCG, once the whole wheat noodles are cooked you can't tell them from regular noodles. Regular noodles also are less starch than rice or potatoes. It takes them longer to break down into sugar than other starches.

Hi Northern
I will have to try them. Northern Rose, that is a very filling and good breakfast that your husband eats. I really need to eat a better breakfast, brownies and snack cakes have to go 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1501 on: December 28, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »

I usually leave mine up til New Years! I can enjoy looking at it now that the rush and frenzy are over.

NRCG...Tell your Daughter Happy Birthday from South Carolina.
I have been known to keep my live tree up until Good Friday!! I really like the lights and decorations.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1502 on: December 28, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Hope everyone has had some relaxation over the weekend. I know everyone was exhausted.

JSM, I just love to read your post. I sit here and just laugh. You make me feel like I am right there with you. I agree with you about a rental swimsuit...no way, no how. But I bet the hot springs would really help your knees. I would sure try them if I had the chance.
I need to get a few things done, so will be in and out today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, somehow I missed about a rental swimsuit  I wouldn't put a rental or one I own on 
Same here No Rose. Did you see that Northern told me to jump into a snowbank after getting out of the hot springs? 
Oh, you poor Southern girls! I guess you don't know that after sitting in a sauna, nekkid no less, you always go out and roll in the snow? It's great for your circulation....and it's even better if your bf is along! Monkey Devil!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: December 28, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »

My Dr. told me to try something when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He told me to check my blood sugar then take a bite of boiled potato and hold it under my tongue for 5 minutes, then spit it out and check my blood sugar again. I was shocked that just holding it under my tongue my blood sugar shot up over a hundred points. Potatoes and rice will run it up in just a little bit higher than a teaspoon of sugar. 

Wow!! thats why i am trying to eat healthy foods, and trying to "cut" carbs, i love carbs is the hard thing, i would eat potatoes, bread cheeze and noodles every meal  if i could.  So i love veggies to so i am making a double batch of my fav salad dressing, buying lots of salad, veggy and sandwhich fixins. whole wheat bread too. going to try to not have carbs for breakfast bc most likely will have bread at lunch if i have a sandwhich and maybe a small carb with dinner

Scarey, just try to switch from the potatoes and high starch foods, like rice, corn, butterbeans. Your body has to have so many carbs per meal to make energy for your body. Just leaving off sweets will make a huge difference. They are empty calories anyway. They do nothing but add calories. Cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, green beans , onions, bell pepper, celery are all veggies that you can eat almost limitless amounts. Watch your salad dressings as most have alot of fat.   

Yup to this post.  Foods Dr told hubby to eat lots of were blueberries, raspberries, (any berry as they have the lowest sugar of fruits)  lemons and limes, walnuts, red grapes, pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, cabbage, sprouts, spinach and cucumbers. 

No to corn, potatoes, beets, dried beans, lentils, peas, anything with processed flour.

In moderation whole wheat, brown rice, Barley.

I grind almonds into almond flour in my food processor  and use that as a flour substitute.  You can also buy flaxseed flour or coconut flour. 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1504 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »

I wouldn't even be able to go on the Bunny Slopes. I'm not an outdoor person, walking Zoe is about the only outdoor activity I do, except work in the yard.
I'm not an outdoor person either No Rose, walking Josef around the apartments is about the only thing I like to do. Sometimes if he is lucky I will walk him in the park.

Gotta run. Kiss Zoe for me. I am going to call and check on Josef before I get in the shower.  an angelic monkey
I can't ski because I learned to skate before attempting to learn to ski. My one trip the the town ski hill ended with (really hot, red headed-I-was-so-in-love-with-in-8th-grade) the local pro telling me I was a danger to myself and everyone else on the hill. I never went back. Seems ski edges don't respond like skate blade (minus the toe-pics, remember!) and I couldn't just lean my ankle to turn. I was good at walking up the hill, herringbone style, tho. Small town, we only had one tow-rope!

Can't wait for the pics (yeah, I'm way behind, today was chemo day)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1505 on: December 28, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

I wouldn't even be able to go on the Bunny Slopes. I'm not an outdoor person, walking Zoe is about the only outdoor activity I do, except work in the yard.
I'm not an outdoor person either No Rose, walking Josef around the apartments is about the only thing I like to do. Sometimes if he is lucky I will walk him in the park.

Gotta run. Kiss Zoe for me. I am going to call and check on Josef before I get in the shower.  an angelic monkey
I can't ski because I learned to skate before attempting to learn to ski. My one trip the the town ski hill ended with (really hot, red headed-I-was-so-in-love-with-in-8th-grade) the local pro telling me I was a danger to myself and everyone else on the hill. I never went back. Seems ski edges don't respond like skate blade (minus the toe-pics, remember!) and I couldn't just lean my ankle to turn. I was good at walking up the hill, herringbone style, tho. Small town, we only had one tow-rope!

Can't wait for the pics (yeah, I'm way behind, today was chemo day)
I hope everything went well  an angelic monkey I never learned how to ski, ice skate loved doing that, but never had an interest in skiing.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1506 on: December 28, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »

Thanks Northern and Darla!!!

I will look at that site!

I like omeletes or scrambled eggs especially with mushrooms onions and and bell peppers
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1507 on: December 28, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »

Morning all.  Slept in and staying in my PJ's today.  It is snowing so guess I am shoveling snow in my PJ's later.  JSM your trip sounds like you have a lot of fun planned.  Have you ever gone snowmobiling before?  They are fun, make sure you have a full face mask or cover the skin on your face well and stay on the paths!!!!  It is really dangerous to go off them as you could trigger a nasty avalanche.  I so want to see pictures of skating.  Still think you should try snow shoeing   
  No I don't have a mask or anything to cover my face. Would a scarf work?

Hopefully I can figure out how to enlarge the skating pics tonight when we get back from dinner. It was really fun skating on the pond. There was a little girl there when I got off the ice she told her mom, look there is the ballerina 

Now, when a KID compliments you, you know it's real. Congrats! You just got the Pond Gold Medal! Can't wait to see the pics!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: December 28, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Hope everyone has had some relaxation over the weekend. I know everyone was exhausted.

JSM, I just love to read your post. I sit here and just laugh. You make me feel like I am right there with you. I agree with you about a rental swimsuit...no way, no how. But I bet the hot springs would really help your knees. I would sure try them if I had the chance.
I need to get a few things done, so will be in and out today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, somehow I missed about a rental swimsuit  I wouldn't put a rental or one I own on 

I heard that. 

I heard that and laughed out loud. Wink

I can relate after all the goodies I have been eating recently!

I am way behind, just reading and catching up.

Hi everyone!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: December 28, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »

Well the cable man isn't coming because they forgot to make an order for him to come. We got it to work, and keeps turning itself off, my husband is on the line again with the cable company. So my daughter will be home in a hour, so if this doesn't work, we will have to say Happy Birthday but your present doesn't work 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1510 on: December 28, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »

Well the cable man isn't coming because they forgot to make an order for him to come. We got it to work, and keeps turning itself off, my husband is on the line again with the cable company. So my daughter will be home in a hour, so if this doesn't work, we will have to say Happy Birthday but your present doesn't work 

I'll cross my fingers for you!

(Hi no rose!)

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1511 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »

Ambulance Sent to Obama Family Compound in Hawaii

KAILUA, Hawaii -- President Barack Obama abruptly ended his golf outing and sped in his motorcade to his compound Monday after he learned a child of a friend was injured while playing on the beach.

Members of the first family were fine, a White House official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of a reluctance to discuss personal matters involving the president.

Journalists when they returned to the secured neighborhood where Obama was staying saw an ambulance speed past with its lights on.

The ambulance then left the neighborhood with a black sedan trailing.

The president was playing golf with friends from Chicago who joined him on his holiday vacation.

The White House is not identifying which friend's child was injured.

After a brief delay, Obama returned to the course.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-generic-obama,0,1530416.story
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: December 28, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »

(Hi no rose!)
Hi Brandi. It doesn't work and the cable company can't come until Wednesday, so it is just sitting here.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: December 28, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »

(Hi no rose!)
Hi Brandi. It doesn't work and the cable company can't come until Wednesday, so it is just sitting here.

does the cable company have to pay you for the inconvenience of wasting your whole day waiting for them to show up as well as disappointing your daughter???
did you try all the cable wires? do you have cable hookup else where in the house? does the tv work ok in another outlet that you know works? you have probably tried all that right?

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1514 on: December 28, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys - NoRose what a bummer about the cable guy - go figure it never fails they don't show - forgot to right up an order - yeah right.  When we went to Direct TV some 10 years ago we called for installation and my hubby stayed home from work for the install, needless to say they never showed AND they never showed the next day either - ended up we had to go thru an entire weekend before they finally came - he was so mad because it was the start of the Nascar season and we missed the first race.  Which reminds me Cookie my hubby loves Speed too. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1515 on: December 28, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

Hi Monkeys - NoRose what a bummer about the cable guy - go figure it never fails they don't show - forgot to right up an order - yeah right.  When we went to Direct TV some 10 years ago we called for installation and my hubby stayed home from work for the install, needless to say they never showed AND they never showed the next day either - ended up we had to go thru an entire weekend before they finally came - he was so mad because it was the start of the Nascar season and we missed the first race.  Which reminds me Cookie my hubby loves Speed too. 

let me guess,,,,,a Mark Martin fan? lol....

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1516 on: December 28, 2009, 09:21:12 PM »

NRCG, once the whole wheat noodles are cooked you can't tell them from regular noodles. Regular noodles also are less starch than rice or potatoes. It takes them longer to break down into sugar than other starches.

Hi Northern
I'm glad you posted this Darla, I have often wondered how whole wheat pasta tasted - I need to get on the stick after the first of the year and eat a little better.  I overindulged in all the sweets and bad carbs this holiday season, although it was worth it I can't continue down that path 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1517 on: December 28, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »

Actually I am a Mark Martin fan - I really like most of them but Mark is very nice - we got to meet him once. Good friends of ours son is a front tire changer and he was so sweet to get us passes into the garages.  Husband likes Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon. Does your hubby like Nascar too?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »

(Hi no rose!)

does the cable company have to pay you for the inconvenience of wasting your whole day waiting for them to show up as well as disappointing your daughter???
did you try all the cable wires? do you have cable hookup else where in the house? does the tv work ok in another outlet that you know works? you have probably tried all that right?
We have three tvs all digital, two are the new kind of tvs, mine is an old fashioned one, which I like and don't want to switch. I think it is the cable box, the cable box for the downstairs tv looks new and is small, the one in my daughter's room looks big and boxy even though she did have a HDTV but it was tiny and crappy. My husband who has literally been pulling his hair out all day, is going to call the cable company and ask them that he thinks the box is wrong, no way could I get him to do that tonight  The first guy on the phone must have lied to us that someone was going to come, because the second guy said there is no one available until Wednesday. Just another birthday/holiday from he!!.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1519 on: December 28, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »

Actually I am a Mark Martin fan - I really like most of them but Mark is very nice - we got to meet him once. Good friends of ours son is a front tire changer and he was so sweet to get us passes into the garages.  Husband likes Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon. Does your hubby like Nascar too?

oh yes...he hates to ever miss a race when it is the season! he knows all about the racers etc...Mark is his man...the crew for these racers are amazing! I like watching it just to see them work as fast as they do.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.