April 27, 2024, 10:54:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404416 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: December 28, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »

going to bed now my friends...talk with you all in the morning! sleep well!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1521 on: December 28, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »

Hi Monkeys - NoRose what a bummer about the cable guy - go figure it never fails they don't show - forgot to right up an order - yeah right.  When we went to Direct TV some 10 years ago we called for installation and my hubby stayed home from work for the install, needless to say they never showed AND they never showed the next day either - ended up we had to go thru an entire weekend before they finally came - he was so mad because it was the start of the Nascar season and we missed the first race.  Which reminds me Cookie my hubby loves Speed too. 
You would think that what a person has to pay for cable/direct tv, they would want to be decent about the service, but I guess not. And there is nothing worse when you want to watch something and you can't. My husband went and got me the DVR box for my tv, no way was I going to ask him to hook that puppy up today  So who knows when that will get hooked up.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1522 on: December 28, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »

NRCG, once the whole wheat noodles are cooked you can't tell them from regular noodles. Regular noodles also are less starch than rice or potatoes. It takes them longer to break down into sugar than other starches.

Hi Northern
I'm glad you posted this Darla, I have often wondered how whole wheat pasta tasted - I need to get on the stick after the first of the year and eat a little better.  I overindulged in all the sweets and bad carbs this holiday season, although it was worth it I can't continue down that path 
Oh please, if I shove one more brownie in my mouth my pants aren't going to fit 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: December 28, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »

going to bed now my friends...talk with you all in the morning! sleep well!

Sleep well  an angelic monkey
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1524 on: December 28, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »

Hi Monkeys - NoRose what a bummer about the cable guy - go figure it never fails they don't show - forgot to right up an order - yeah right.  When we went to Direct TV some 10 years ago we called for installation and my hubby stayed home from work for the install, needless to say they never showed AND they never showed the next day either - ended up we had to go thru an entire weekend before they finally came - he was so mad because it was the start of the Nascar season and we missed the first race.  Which reminds me Cookie my hubby loves Speed too. 

let me guess,,,,,a Mark Martin fan? lol....
Actually I am a Mark Martin fan - I really like most of them but Mark is very nice - we got to meet him once. Good friends of ours son is a front tire changer and he was so sweet to get us passes into the garages.  Husband likes Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon. Does your hubby like Nascar too?

oh yes...he hates to ever miss a race when it is the season! he knows all about the racers etc...Mark is his man...the crew for these racers are amazing! I like watching it just to see them work as fast as they do.....
You are so right - they work pretty hard down there - we have watched (in the pit box) our friend change out tires in that heat and it is amazing.  Sleep tight Cookie  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1525 on: December 28, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »

You would think that what a person has to pay for cable/direct tv, they would want to be decent about the service, but I guess not. And there is nothing worse when you want to watch something and you can't. My husband went and got me the DVR box for my tv, no way was I going to ask him to hook that puppy up today  So who knows when that will get hooked up.
I agree you would think they would be more concerned about service but I don't think they care they know if you want it you will wait and in some cases they know you don't have a choice - I have had my dealings with Direct TV a few times on other issues and they quite simply know they have you by the you know what and don't give a rats azz. I certainly hope they get out there on Wed pronto - if not call and tell them you are going to the competitor - that is if there is one.    Maybe tomorrow he can attempt the new DVR for you - I hope so.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1526 on: December 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

NRCG, once the whole wheat noodles are cooked you can't tell them from regular noodles. Regular noodles also are less starch than rice or potatoes. It takes them longer to break down into sugar than other starches.

Hi Northern
I'm glad you posted this Darla, I have often wondered how whole wheat pasta tasted - I need to get on the stick after the first of the year and eat a little better.  I overindulged in all the sweets and bad carbs this holiday season, although it was worth it I can't continue down that path 
Oh please, if I shove one more brownie in my mouth my pants aren't going to fit 
I am almost afraid to put the jeans on - I have pretty much been living in my sweats since last Wed 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: December 28, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

Now I'm going to lay down and watch some silly stuff on tv, but of course I brought up a little stash of mini Muskateers and Milky Ways  Come the first no more junk  Everyone have a nice evening. I hope in the morning JSM has posted her skating pictures 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1528 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

Now I'm going to lay down and watch some silly stuff on tv, but of course I brought up a little stash of mini Muskateers and Milky Ways  Come the first no more junk  Everyone have a nice evening. I hope in the morning JSM has posted her skating pictures 
and I am about to go cut a big piece of cake, good lord. Night NoRose, see you tomorrow and hopefully we will in fact see some pics from JSM. I need to catch Northern Rose I need a beef stew recipe, that is one thing I have trouble with, I can't seem to master it.  an angelic monkey

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1529 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »

Going to go eat my cake and finish watching the game - I hope Minnesota gets beat - it is hard living in Minnesota being a Green Bay Packer fan.  Tevye if you peek down here I left a Christmas tree up until July once  long story I will tell you sometime.  I hope you are doing ok - this is treatment week isn't it?  You might get our cold weather - we are going to 12 below tonight - it may head your way this weekend which may make your time in bed a bit easier to take. 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1530 on: December 28, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »

Going to go eat my cake and finish watching the game - I hope Minnesota gets beat - it is hard living in Minnesota being a Green Bay Packer fan.  Tevye if you peek down here I left a Christmas tree up until July once  long story I will tell you sometime.  I hope you are doing ok - this is treatment week isn't it?  You might get our cold weather - we are going to 12 below tonight - it may head your way this weekend which may make your time in bed a bit easier to take. 

It's 20 outside, I'm sitting in the living room, wrapped in a blanket and shawl- I have to keep my feet up cos my legs are swelling. So, I'm ready for the cold. We had mostly white-out conditions for my trip to the Dr. today, thank God I got new tires!

Have you noticed that if you leave a live tree up long enough, and keep watering it, it will actually sprout new growth? Oh, the things I shouldn't know!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

Well the cable man isn't coming because they forgot to make an order for him to come. We got it to work, and keeps turning itself off, my husband is on the line again with the cable company. So my daughter will be home in a hour, so if this doesn't work, we will have to say Happy Birthday but your present doesn't work 

I'll cross my fingers for you!

(Hi no rose!)
Hi Brandi. It doesn't work and the cable company can't come until Wednesday, so it is just sitting here.

Oh what a terrible disappointment!

Hugs to you and your daughter!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »

Rest well and enjoy your candies!

cookie, you get some well-deserved rest also!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »

It's 20 outside, I'm sitting in the living room, wrapped in a blanket and shawl- I have to keep my feet up cos my legs are swelling. So, I'm ready for the cold. We had mostly white-out conditions for my trip to the Dr. today, thank God I got new tires!

Have you noticed that if you leave a live tree up long enough, and keep watering it, it will actually sprout new growth? Oh, the things I shouldn't know!

BBM.

Hahaha!!!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1534 on: December 28, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »

My Dr. told me to try something when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He told me to check my blood sugar then take a bite of boiled potato and hold it under my tongue for 5 minutes, then spit it out and check my blood sugar again. I was shocked that just holding it under my tongue my blood sugar shot up over a hundred points. Potatoes and rice will run it up in just a little bit higher than a teaspoon of sugar. 
Oh Darla, that is awful about the diabetes. I am glad you keep it in checked because it is a horrible disease.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1535 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

I have been catching up and laughing there has been some of the funniest stuff on here today...and speaking of airports I am headed out to pick up someone in Atl. and then drive to SC.

NRCG...Happy Birthday to your darling daughter....I always thought the mom should get a little present on a childs birthday after 9mo and labor

JSM hope your day has gone well!

And to all the other monkeys you guys should be a comedy show....so funny!! I love this thread.
Hi Mymonkey! Day is going well.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »

Morning all.  Slept in and staying in my PJ's today.  It is snowing so guess I am shoveling snow in my PJ's later.  JSM your trip sounds like you have a lot of fun planned.  Have you ever gone snowmobiling before?  They are fun, make sure you have a full face mask or cover the skin on your face well and stay on the paths!!!!  It is really dangerous to go off them as you could trigger a nasty avalanche.  I so want to see pictures of skating.  Still think you should try snow shoeing   
  No I don't have a mask or anything to cover my face. Would a scarf work?

Hopefully I can figure out how to enlarge the skating pics tonight when we get back from dinner. It was really fun skating on the pond. There was a little girl there when I got off the ice she told her mom, look there is the ballerina 

Scarf would work, they should be giving you helmets with the snowmobiles though.
Thanks No Rose. We wore helmets

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: December 28, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »

Hi Northern
I will have to try them. Northern Rose, that is a very filling and good breakfast that your husband eats. I really need to eat a better breakfast, brownies and snack cakes have to go 
No Rose, I bought Little Debbie brownies for the first time in a few years. They have recipes on the back for turtle brownies. Oh I can't buy them ever again. I stay away from that aisle.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: December 28, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Hope everyone has had some relaxation over the weekend. I know everyone was exhausted.

JSM, I just love to read your post. I sit here and just laugh. You make me feel like I am right there with you. I agree with you about a rental swimsuit...no way, no how. But I bet the hot springs would really help your knees. I would sure try them if I had the chance.
I need to get a few things done, so will be in and out today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, somehow I missed about a rental swimsuit  I wouldn't put a rental or one I own on 
Same here No Rose. Did you see that Northern told me to jump into a snowbank after getting out of the hot springs? 
Oh, you poor Southern girls! I guess you don't know that after sitting in a sauna, nekkid no less, you always go out and roll in the snow? It's great for your circulation....and it's even better if your bf is along! Monkey Devil!
Y'all are just messing with me Tevye. No way no how will I go roll in the snow after a sauna. 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1539 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Hope everyone has had some relaxation over the weekend. I know everyone was exhausted.

JSM, I just love to read your post. I sit here and just laugh. You make me feel like I am right there with you. I agree with you about a rental swimsuit...no way, no how. But I bet the hot springs would really help your knees. I would sure try them if I had the chance.
I need to get a few things done, so will be in and out today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, somehow I missed about a rental swimsuit  I wouldn't put a rental or one I own on 
Same here No Rose. Did you see that Northern told me to jump into a snowbank after getting out of the hot springs? 
Oh, you poor Southern girls! I guess you don't know that after sitting in a sauna, nekkid no less, you always go out and roll in the snow? It's great for your circulation....and it's even better if your bf is along! Monkey Devil!
Y'all are just messing with me Tevye. No way no how will I go roll in the snow after a sauna. 
JSM, swear to God it's true. "Course,  you have to be about 19 and wine must be involved. Actually, those darn yoopers don't have any age limits...but who wants to see a nekkid ol Yooper anyway?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.