April 27, 2024, 02:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404443 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2440 on: January 02, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

I was with an aunt when she passed away, we got the call that she had gone into a coma and it was a 60 mile drive in the middle of the night. When we got there she was almost gone. The nurse called my aunts name, no response. I leaned over her and said Auntie Marie and she opened her eyes and looked straight at me. She passed away within the next 10 minutes. And my grandpa had been deaf since my Mom was just a little girl, and right before he died he could hear again. My mom said something there in his room about Daddy, and he turned his head toward her and said what?

It just breaks my heart for someone to die all alone. 
  an angelic monkey  I use to work in nursing homes and home health care, until I couldn't anymore. Between the sadness of watching some of the residents, and no one coming to visit, and the toll it took on my back, I could no longer do it. I went in a room one night to see if the man was okay, and I kept calling his name and I touched him, and he was dead, I had never seen a dead person before, except in a coffin, never forget that. There were several people that passed alone during the night  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2441 on: January 02, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

I went to Walmarts late yesterday and it was a mad house. And they only had about 4 registers open. I was so aggravated when i got out of there I could have killed someone with my bare hands.
They do that here, and then they have the registers where you check yourself out, I can't do those, every single time I have screwed something up, so I wait in a long line getting madder by the second. I don't mind if a cashier is friendly and talks, but some of them tell their life's history, and talk more then they scan and bag, asking oh, that looks good, is it, have you tried this or that, blah, blah, blah.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2442 on: January 02, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

New TV for Tevye.      You go you wicked monkey.   
Uh, yeah...turns out I'm the obit editor, the speechwriter, and the fashion advisor for the memorial- oh, and the floral director also. So, I'm still in my nightgown, just sitting here by my computer, having taken at least 15 calls from only 4 people!  I get to find out about insurance, find a good pic of my BIL, write an obit that made my niece cry (a major success, as it paid tribute to her and her Dad)....so I guess I'm not going shopping today.

Nasty high point for today was when my mom called and told me something she said to my little brother that made him so mad he got up and walked out of her house. I told her I would have done the same darn thing, she was outta line. Well, of course, she didn't think she owes him an apology...but I flat out told her she did. What is really ha ha hoo hhhooooooo funny is that the Best Sister, the Good Daughter, (the one who always agrees with her) calls me later and tells me the same story! Seems mom had callled her looking for validation, and got told she should apologize! Too funny! This is how it goes in my family, you screw up and then you call all 8 of us, looking for one of us to tell you you did the right thing (it never happens!).

So, I'm just killing time between phone calls. Maybe tomorrow I can go to town. And get out of my nightgown!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2443 on: January 02, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »

Uh, yeah...turns out I'm the obit editor, the speechwriter, and the fashion advisor for the memorial- oh, and the floral director also. So, I'm still in my nightgown, just sitting here by my computer, having taken at least 15 calls from only 4 people!  I get to find out about insurance, find a good pic of my BIL, write an obit that made my niece cry (a major success, as it paid tribute to her and her Dad)....so I guess I'm not going shopping today.

Nasty high point for today was when my mom called and told me something she said to my little brother that made him so mad he got up and walked out of her house. I told her I would have done the same darn thing, she was outta line. Well, of course, she didn't think she owes him an apology...but I flat out told her she did. What is really ha ha hoo hhhooooooo funny is that the Best Sister, the Good Daughter, (the one who always agrees with her) calls me later and tells me the same story! Seems mom had callled her looking for validation, and got told she should apologize! Too funny! This is how it goes in my family, you screw up and then you call all 8 of us, looking for one of us to tell you you did the right thing (it never happens!).

So, I'm just killing time between phone calls. Maybe tomorrow I can go to town. And get out of my nightgown!
That is very kind of you to do all that, why doesn't your sister help you since it is her husband?  Hopefully tomorrow you will get your new tv. Your mom must not be too happy right now 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2444 on: January 02, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »

I went to Walmarts late yesterday and it was a mad house. And they only had about 4 registers open. I was so aggravated when i got out of there I could have killed someone with my bare hands.
Darla, you went to Walmart one day and Sam's the next? What, are ya suicidal or just looking to go postal?? That's what I feel like doing.... Monkey Devil!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2445 on: January 02, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »

That is very kind of you to do all that, why doesn't your sister help you since it is her husband?  Hopefully tomorrow you will get your new tv. Your mom must not be too happy right now 
Because for my sis, it is all about making her look good while others do the work! I'm only doing this and playing nice for my niece, who is like a daughter to me. It's out of respect to her. I shall have to hold my tongue for a week...we'll see how that goes!!!! Monkey Devil!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2446 on: January 02, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

I understand, very kind indeed of you  an angelic monkey I have said many things to family members that I have meant, and they needed to here it, I don't know if this is what happened with your brother and mom, and then I always have to end up making some half azz apology, one I don't mean, because what I have said is the truth, and obviously the truth hurts.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2447 on: January 02, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »

Darla, you went to Walmart one day and Sam's the next? What, are ya suicidal or just looking to go postal?? That's what I feel like doing.... Monkey Devil!
[/quote

Oh noTevye, We went to Sam's yesterday too. But guess what? They were closed.Oh no, says my mother...they would never be closed . Walmarts is open so I am sure Sam's is too.  What oldest daughters have to do to appease Moma's. Plus it is a 60 mile drive. So now you know why it would not take much to make me go postal.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2448 on: January 02, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »

Okay monkeys.  Going to get in the bath, grab some coffee because my coffee pot is now broken and go eat some lunch. Hopefully when I get back I will be caught up on all I missed this past week.

Have a great day! Luv JSM

Welcome Home JSM    Glad you made it home save and sound.
Thank you so much Greeneyes. I have never been so glad to be home as I was last night.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2449 on: January 02, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »

So, monks, I have a ethical/moral question. If you knew that someone was going to die within the next 12-24 hours (verified by hospice nurses) would you make sure that someone was not left alone? Or would you just let nature take its course? I believe the patient was non-responsive for most of his last day.....

(And ain't that a cheery question to wake up to????) Sorry, this has been bugging me since yesterday, and I need other's input. Not so much to validate my position, but to hear other's opinions. Perhaps change my mind....

Tevye,

From my own experience I was the only one with both of my parents when they went to heaven, and I feel honored to have been there and I do think they knew I was with them,because now I feel they are with me. an angelic monkey
  an angelic monkey They were very lucky they had you with them Mymonkey.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2450 on: January 02, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »

So, monks, I have a ethical/moral question. If you knew that someone was going to die within the next 12-24 hours (verified by hospice nurses) would you make sure that someone was not left alone? Or would you just let nature take its course? I believe the patient was non-responsive for most of his last day.....

(And ain't that a cheery question to wake up to????) Sorry, this has been bugging me since yesterday, and I need other's input. Not so much to validate my position, but to hear other's opinions. Perhaps change my mind....

Tevye,

From my own experience I was the only one with both of my parents when they went to heaven, and I feel honored to have been there and I do think they knew I was with them,because now I feel they are with me. an angelic monkey
That is wonderful, my mom I wasn't able to be with, my dad wanted me to wait until they moved her to another hospital in Milwaukee, she passed before that happened, and I could get there. I carried anger over that for a very long time, but have realized, I feel her with me, and one of her rosaries I keep with me that helps also.
  an angelic monkey i'm sorry No Rose, I am glad you feel her with you.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2451 on: January 02, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys.

I made it back from Sam's in one piece. Lost my cool a few times, but that is just me and crowds who use a store for a family reunion and block access to what I am looking for.
I blew my Christmas money on some news clothes for me, and hit Hobby Lobby and got me some new crystal beads to make jewelry. Got my granddaughter's Birthday present for the 7th and my sisters on the 6th.
Has anyone ever added memory to a hard drive?  The instructions look simple. So I might try it myself.
Glad you got back in one piece. I wish I could make jewelry. My sister does and she made a beautiful rosay for me for Christmas.

No never had added memory to a computer, I would be skeered I would break it. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2452 on: January 02, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »

My husband wants to go to Costco, I would rather dive off my balcony  but I guess we are going to go anyway  Be back later, hope Josef is happy to be home 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2453 on: January 02, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

I was with an aunt when she passed away, we got the call that she had gone into a coma and it was a 60 mile drive in the middle of the night. When we got there she was almost gone. The nurse called my aunts name, no response. I leaned over her and said Auntie Marie and she opened her eyes and looked straight at me. She passed away within the next 10 minutes. And my grandpa had been deaf since my Mom was just a little girl, and right before he died he could hear again. My mom said something there in his room about Daddy, and he turned his head toward her and said what?

Darla, I believe they know someone is with them. My maternal grandmother's last words were about who was pitching for the Rangers the night before she died. So we kept baseball on as much as we could when she went into her coma. My other grandma, I turned the tv on to the Catholic channel. The nuns were praying the rosary and my Grandma mouthed the words even though she didn't know what else was going on around her.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2454 on: January 02, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »

My husband wants to go to Costco, I would rather dive off my balcony  but I guess we are going to go anyway  Be back later, hope Josef is happy to be home 
No Rose, you crack me up. I am the same way about going to Sam's, I have to do it for work, that is the only reason I go.

Josef is happy to be home. We stopped at the park and he had diarreah.   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2455 on: January 02, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »

Oh forgot....WELCOME HOME JSM. Hope you had a good time.
Thanks Darla, I had a good time. Will post more pics hopefully later tonight

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2456 on: January 02, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »

No Rose, you crack me up. I am the same way about going to Sam's, I have to do it for work, that is the only reason I go.

Oh no, maybe from all the excitement.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2457 on: January 02, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »

Darla, I believe they know someone is with them. My maternal grandmother's last words were about who was pitching for the Rangers the night before she died. So we kept baseball on as much as we could when she went into her coma. My other grandma, I turned the tv on to the Catholic channel. The nuns were praying the rosary and my Grandma mouthed the words even though she didn't know what else was going on around her.

I have to agree.  I think they can feel our presence even though they can't talk or open their eyes.  When my mother was in the terminal ward of teh hospital, someone from our family stayed with her all the time.  I was grateful to my aunts and uncles who helped me through that time.  It was one of the most difficult times in my own life.   

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2458 on: January 02, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »

Oh Tevye, you are such a wonderful person for doing that for your bil. God bless you and I hope you get it all taken care of easily.  an angelic monkey

Your family sounds a lot like mine. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2459 on: January 02, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

Oh poor Josef.I bet he has been a bundle of nerves while you were gone.   an angelic monkey
I keep getting knocked out of the cage. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.