April 28, 2024, 04:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404550 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #780 on: December 23, 2009, 03:08:23 PM »

I made a big batch of cookies Sunday and now they're almost gone!   
They must have been really good 
Yeah, they were. I have all the ingredients but one to make another batch. I got so much other baking/making to do tomorrow though, I don't think I'll have time. 
I know what you mean, and I'm running out of steam right now, hoping to get my second wind of energy, and so far it doesn't look good 
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: December 23, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »

Yeah, they were. I have all the ingredients but one to make another batch. I got so much other baking/making to do tomorrow though, I don't think I'll have time. 
I know what you mean, and I'm running out of steam right now, hoping to get my second wind of energy, and so far it doesn't look good 
Well good thing is all my wrapping is done. I don't want to do any other making/baking till tomorrow though cause it's stuff for Christmas day!

RIP Sweet Puppy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: December 23, 2009, 03:13:01 PM »

I packaged up the treats for my daughter and her husband. And the other stuff I hid so my daughter and husband won't eat it, and it will be gone before Christmas. With the puppy chow, I will hide some, and leave some for now. 
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: December 23, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »

I packaged up the treats for my daughter and her husband. And the other stuff I hid so my daughter and husband won't eat it, and it will be gone before Christmas. With the puppy chow, I will hide some, and leave some for now. 
I should try and make that puppy chow some day. I haven't make the regular chex mix in ages. It's so much better than the stuff you buy, which isn't too bad either. 

RIP Sweet Puppy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: December 23, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »

I should try and make that puppy chow some day. I haven't make the regular chex mix in ages. It's so much better than the stuff you buy, which isn't too bad either. 
My husband was going to make the regular mix which we do every year, but this year since the girls like the puppy chow so much that is all we are doing. I got lucky, my husband is in the kitchen now making it, I'll just package it, and clean the kitchen after he is done.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: December 23, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »

Aw NoRose, that's nice that he's making it for you! I so want to make it, it sounds so yummy. Is it really sweet? That's ok, I guess I like sweet, just not too sweet.

Where is Tevye, she never answered me? I told her I was just kidding. Hope she comes back soon.  an angelic monkey

RIP Sweet Puppy
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: December 23, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »

an angelic monkey Aww, hugs Mission, I'm sorry for your loss. That is so nice that you made a wreath for him. My dog was a shepherd too (maybe a belgian-we were never sure). We had him cremated, I still have his ashes in the tin they came in. We want to get a special urn, but we haven't been able to do it yet.
As long as we're sharing departed members of the family with fur, I'll tell you how we take care of our dogs that have passed on. (I'm waiting for a picture to print of my darling granddaughter, so I can justify the time!)

Murdoch was 17 when he died. We'd had him since he was a pup, our SIL gave him to our oldest (5 yrs) son. She got all the vet work done, gave him to our boy, then said "But don't let the little one play with him!" Our little one was 2, and he already had that devil look in his eyes! Well, we weren't stupid, we simply taught the 2 yr old how to behave with a dog, and the puppy how to hide!

Anyway, Murdoch died when his "boy" was away at college. By this time, Mur (as we called him) was blind and deaf, but still very loving. We'd had our whole yard fenced in so he would be safe- we never did it to keep our kids in, we did it for the dogs (we also had Bandit at the time). One night, in Feb., when it was 0 outside, Mur didn't come in when I blew his whistle (he could still here that darn whistle!) So, we mounted a search. Little brother (now 19), his girlfriend, DH and I put on the Sorels, the snowpants, and at 10 at night, we were all over the neighborhood, searching for Mur. Our neighborhood is a few houses surrounded by swamps, and pine forests. So, we had plenty of places to search. Luckily, there was a full moon, so we had some light to track by. But we lost his tracks in the swamp.

After a couple of hours of bone-chilling cold, we came in. He was nowhere to be found. I had a really bad feeling....So, without telling anyone what I was doing, I got in the van and drove up to the highway. All the time I was thinking "Surely he couldn't get that far! He'd have run into a tree or a house! I mean, for God's sake, he's BLIND!".

Well, I got to the highway....and saw a lump of something lying on the side of the road. I slowed down, but I wasn't certain. So, I came home, and made DH and son go look at the lump. They came home crying...it was Mur. We like to think he decided to go "walkabout" and as he crossed the road, his body got hit by a car, but his spirit just kept on running...

So, it's Feb. The ground is frozen. We're all crying like babies (up until this, I had always kinda laughed at people who were just devastated when they lost a pet). Our youngest went into the garage and came in 3 hours later. "Mom, come see what I did, and tell me if it's ok". So, out to the garage I go, wondering what on earth he could have done to ask me if it was OK....this was our problem child, he never CARED if it was ok, he just did it.

He had built a coffin for Murdoch. He'd carved a cross on it, wrote Murdoch Elizabeth, the dates, and then "We'll miss you, Good Dog". It was such a loving thing to do for his brother's dog.

The next day, he went to the rear of the yard and chipped away the frozen earth to make a hole deep enough so that no animals would disturb it. Then he and Dad buried Mur. We did not tell Mur's boy about it till he called the next day. He cried, and then said "Well, Mom, I guess I'm a man now...the boy's dog is gone, and so is the boy." Oh, that was hard.

When oldest son came home weeks later, we had a proper funeral for Murcoch. First, we let Son #1 go sit by his grave and cry, then he came in the house and asked for his trumpet. I got it. I had flowers brought from the store. Son #1 played taps, Son #2 read something from the bible, and we all cried. We really loved that dog! Son #2 made a headstone for him. All the grandkids know where Murdoch is buried and leave flowers for him now and then.

Carp, this is making me so sad I won't tell you about Bandit's death and obituary. Yes, I did an obit for a dog!! Wow, I think I might be attached to our animals!!

this is so touching....beautifully  written as well....

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #787 on: December 23, 2009, 03:41:20 PM »

Happy Birthday Scarrie!
GOOD AFTERNOON QUIET MONKEY!
GOOD AFTERNOON TEVYE! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME? 

No, I'm only kidding Tevye! Hope you're having a good day today!  an angelic monkey
Tevye, ya know I was just kidding right! 
Oh Yeah, I knew you were kidding!! 

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: December 23, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »

Happy Birthday Scarrie!
GOOD AFTERNOON QUIET MONKEY!
GOOD AFTERNOON TEVYE! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME? 

No, I'm only kidding Tevye! Hope you're having a good day today!  an angelic monkey
Tevye, ya know I was just kidding right! 
Oh Yeah, I knew you were kidding!! 
Ya had me sweating there for a while Tevye! 

RIP Sweet Puppy
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: December 23, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »

Cookie I agree, I enjoyed reading about Murdoch and know exactly how they all felt when they lost Murdoch. It's just heartbreaking to lose a family member like that. 

RIP Sweet Puppy
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: December 23, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

happy birthday Scarey!!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: December 23, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »

an angelic monkey Aww, hugs Mission, I'm sorry for your loss. That is so nice that you made a wreath for him. My dog was a shepherd too (maybe a belgian-we were never sure). We had him cremated, I still have his ashes in the tin they came in. We want to get a special urn, but we haven't been able to do it yet.
As long as we're sharing departed members of the family with fur, I'll tell you how we take care of our dogs that have passed on. (I'm waiting for a picture to print of my darling granddaughter, so I can justify the time!)

Murdoch was 17 when he died. We'd had him since he was a pup, our SIL gave him to our oldest (5 yrs) son. She got all the vet work done, gave him to our boy, then said "But don't let the little one play with him!" Our little one was 2, and he already had that devil look in his eyes! Well, we weren't stupid, we simply taught the 2 yr old how to behave with a dog, and the puppy how to hide!

Anyway, Murdoch died when his "boy" was away at college. By this time, Mur (as we called him) was blind and deaf, but still very loving. We'd had our whole yard fenced in so he would be safe- we never did it to keep our kids in, we did it for the dogs (we also had Bandit at the time). One night, in Feb., when it was 0 outside, Mur didn't come in when I blew his whistle (he could still here that darn whistle!) So, we mounted a search. Little brother (now 19), his girlfriend, DH and I put on the Sorels, the snowpants, and at 10 at night, we were all over the neighborhood, searching for Mur. Our neighborhood is a few houses surrounded by swamps, and pine forests. So, we had plenty of places to search. Luckily, there was a full moon, so we had some light to track by. But we lost his tracks in the swamp.

After a couple of hours of bone-chilling cold, we came in. He was nowhere to be found. I had a really bad feeling....So, without telling anyone what I was doing, I got in the van and drove up to the highway. All the time I was thinking "Surely he couldn't get that far! He'd have run into a tree or a house! I mean, for God's sake, he's BLIND!".

Well, I got to the highway....and saw a lump of something lying on the side of the road. I slowed down, but I wasn't certain. So, I came home, and made DH and son go look at the lump. They came home crying...it was Mur. We like to think he decided to go "walkabout" and as he crossed the road, his body got hit by a car, but his spirit just kept on running...

So, it's Feb. The ground is frozen. We're all crying like babies (up until this, I had always kinda laughed at people who were just devastated when they lost a pet). Our youngest went into the garage and came in 3 hours later. "Mom, come see what I did, and tell me if it's ok". So, out to the garage I go, wondering what on earth he could have done to ask me if it was OK....this was our problem child, he never CARED if it was ok, he just did it.

He had built a coffin for Murdoch. He'd carved a cross on it, wrote Murdoch Elizabeth, the dates, and then "We'll miss you, Good Dog". It was such a loving thing to do for his brother's dog.

The next day, he went to the rear of the yard and chipped away the frozen earth to make a hole deep enough so that no animals would disturb it. Then he and Dad buried Mur. We did not tell Mur's boy about it till he called the next day. He cried, and then said "Well, Mom, I guess I'm a man now...the boy's dog is gone, and so is the boy." Oh, that was hard.

When oldest son came home weeks later, we had a proper funeral for Murcoch. First, we let Son #1 go sit by his grave and cry, then he came in the house and asked for his trumpet. I got it. I had flowers brought from the store. Son #1 played taps, Son #2 read something from the bible, and we all cried. We really loved that dog! Son #2 made a headstone for him. All the grandkids know where Murdoch is buried and leave flowers for him now and then.

Carp, this is making me so sad I won't tell you about Bandit's death and obituary. Yes, I did an obit for a dog!! Wow, I think I might be attached to our animals!!

this is so touching....beautifully  written as well....

thanks, Cookie!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #792 on: December 23, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »

Break time again. lol. I am fast running out of steam, didn't have much to start with. Thank the Lord for Lortabs and Flexeril.

No Rose I love that puppy chow snack. I very seldom make it because I will sit and not realize how much I ate of it. But it is so good.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #793 on: December 23, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »

Tevye are you feeling better?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: December 23, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »

Break time again. lol. I am fast running out of steam, didn't have much to start with. Thank the Lord for Lortabs and Flexeril.

No Rose I love that puppy chow snack. I very seldom make it because I will sit and not realize how much I ate of it. But it is so good.

Hey Darla...what are lortabs and flexeril?

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: December 23, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »

Tevye are you feeling better?
Yep, still tired but I guess that goes with the territory. I'm meeting a friend downtown for supper and window shopping, then back home to wrap gifts and finish the darn Harry Potter scarf!!! Aiaiaiaiai! Not enough time!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: December 23, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »

Yummy,puppy chow.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: December 23, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »

Tevye enjoy your supper with your friend, try to take it easy!  an angelic monkey

RIP Sweet Puppy
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: December 23, 2009, 04:06:18 PM »

Tevye enjoy your supper with your friend, try to take it easy!  an angelic monkey

yes, enjoy!
QM...why don't you just add my name to everything that you post since I seem to want to say the same things that you say....lol!  saves typing for me lol!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: December 23, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

I need coffee.We took thew dogs down to the lake.Digger got too close to the water and I freaked.   
Check back later.Granddaughter is in the mood to socialize.   
Sometimes when she starts dishing I just go    I;ll be back for a Valium.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.