April 27, 2024, 03:05:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404448 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: December 23, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

Tree is up and decorated.  Presents are wrapped.  Spent today making peanut brittle, pecan toffee, ginger snaps, nanaimo bars, butter tarts, ginger snaps and a lemon meringue slice.  Tomorrow morning is shortbread as I have run out of steam and my back is screaming from standing in the kitchen.

Wishing you all a peacefull time over the holidays wrapped in the warmth of good memories and love of your families.

Going to my Mom's for Christmas eve.  We still do the European Christamas with her so tomorrow is the big night.  She has been cooking for two days now.  I am doing Christams dinner at my house and then we do the leftover buffet with our neighbours on boxing day.

Wow, Northern Rose!

Wish I had 1/2 the energy you have. (And your back... I have a severe back problem that prevents me from standing for much time or walking for long.)

Reading this post exhausts me. LOL

Will miss you, but have a wonderful time!

I am going to make a thread for ScareyCarrie's birthday (Hush, it's a secret) after midnight tonight, since her birthday is Dec. 24. Be sure to check it out when you get a chance.

BTW... mentioned to my Canadian husband that you made nanaimo bars and butter tarts and he said to me, "Where does she live?"  LOL

I never heard of either one of those til I met him, and just had to make them for him.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

I will have to post you the recipe I have for nanaimo bars.  It is hand written by a old family friend who has since passed.  I keep it on my fridge and think of her as I make them every year.  It is the best recipe I have ever tried and once I made it never tried any other recipe.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #861 on: December 23, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »

Tree is up and decorated.  Presents are wrapped.  Spent today making peanut brittle, pecan toffee, ginger snaps, nanaimo bars, butter tarts, ginger snaps and a lemon meringue slice.  Tomorrow morning is shortbread as I have run out of steam and my back is screaming from standing in the kitchen.

Wishing you all a peacefull time over the holidays wrapped in the warmth of good memories and love of your families.

Going to my Mom's for Christmas eve.  We still do the European Christamas with her so tomorrow is the big night.  She has been cooking for two days now.  I am doing Christams dinner at my house and then we do the leftover buffet with our neighbours on boxing day.
You have been a very busy lady  Hope you have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas and Boxing Day. We always did the European Christmas, and always did Boxing Day with our British friend that was like family. Have a fun and safe holiday  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:54 PM »

You have been a very busy lady  Hope you have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas and Boxing Day. We always did the European Christmas, and always did Boxing Day with our British friend that was like family. Have a fun and safe holiday  an angelic monkey

Christmas eve is the special one for me as we never celebrated Christmas day when I was young.  My favourite now is boxing day with all the leftovers from neighbours.  My one neighbour has been smoking something as I smelled his smoker going yesterday when I was out shoveling snow.  What ever it is I hope they have some left for boxing day!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: December 23, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »

Wow, Northern Rose!

Wish I had 1/2 the energy you have. (And your back... I have a severe back problem that prevents me from standing for much time or walking for long.)

I am going to make a thread for ScareyCarrie's birthday (Hush, it's a secret) after midnight tonight, since her birthday is Dec. 24. Be sure to check it out when you get a chance.

BTW... mentioned to my Canadian husband that you made nanaimo bars and butter tarts and he said to me, "Where does she live?"  LOL

I never heard of either one of those til I met him, and just had to make them for him.

I will have to post you the recipe I have for nanaimo bars.  It is hand written by a old family friend who has since passed.  I keep it on my fridge and think of her as I make them every year.  It is the best recipe I have ever tried and once I made it never tried any other recipe.

That would be a wonderful gift to us.

Thank you. Do it at your leisure, and I promise to make them and let you know how much my husband loves them!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: December 23, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »

Wow, Northern Rose!

That would be a wonderful gift to us.

Thank you. Do it at your leisure, and I promise to make them and let you know how much my husband loves them!

It will take me a few minutes to scan it in.  Hang on.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #865 on: December 23, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »

Christmas eve is the special one for me as we never celebrated Christmas day when I was young.  My favourite now is boxing day with all the leftovers from neighbours.  My one neighbour has been smoking something as I smelled his smoker going yesterday when I was out shoveling snow.  What ever it is I hope they have some left for boxing day!
Christmas Eve is special for me also, we only went to church and had Christmas dinner at grandmas. We always opened our presents at my house on Christmas Eve, when I got married, I couldn't believe my husband wanted to open presents on Christmas morning, I didn't realize people really did that LOL.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: December 23, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »

Christmas Eve is special for me also, we only went to church and had Christmas dinner at grandmas. We always opened our presents at my house on Christmas Eve, when I got married, I couldn't believe my husband wanted to open presents on Christmas morning, I didn't realize people really did that LOL.

no rose, I have a special memory to share.

On Christmas eve when I was in 7th grade, I was chosen to give a flute solo to our church's Midnight (was at 11 PM as I recall) service. We had a huge congregation .. could sit over 1,000 people at a service ... I played Green Sleeves solo on my flute.

I'll never forget that.

Our family allowed us to open one gift on Christmas Eve that was under the tree. What was there were gifts from family and friends which arrived by "parcel post." Santa (parents' gifts came later.)

The rest, we never saw until Christmas day.

Interestingly, my husband has the same traditions in his family!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: December 23, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »

I leave the coconut out of the crust as hubby is not a coconut fan.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: December 23, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »

Just buzzin' through....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: December 23, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »

Northern Rose:

Thank you so much!

I have grabbed the images, will make them for New Year's Eve ... and we thank you!!!!

You are very giving and loving.

Thanks again!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: December 23, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

Ws do an early dinner on Christmas Eve, usually goose or duck as the star guest with red cabbage, rouladen, cabbage rolls, pyrogies, a potatoe dumpling and of course headcheese.  Then we do the dishes, walk to church.  After we get back to my Mom's we open presents and have dessert which will include stollen, marzipan, poppyseed rolls and bean schtick kuchen.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: December 23, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »

Northern Rose:

Thank you so much!

I have grabbed the images, will make them for New Year's Eve ... and we thank you!!!!

Thanks again!

Brandi- I set the pan outside to cool after each layer as I am making the next one.  It makes it easier. If it is not colder outside than your fridge put it in the fridge between layers.  Also the vanilla powder I use is Birds Custard powder.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: December 23, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »

Northern Rose:

Thank you so much!

Thanks again!

Brandi- I set the pan outside to cool after each layer as I am making the next one.  It makes it easier. If it is not colder outside than your fridge put it in the fridge between layers.  Also the vanilla powder I use is Birds Custard powder.

Thanks for the tips.... I am sure that Birds Custard powder is not a product I can buy off my shelves here in Central VA. LOL

I'll see what I can do to find your British product and get it here before NY's. LOL

I always tease my husband about Canadians being "wannabe Brits!"

No offense intended Wink

Please take that right!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: December 23, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Northern Rose:

Thank you so much!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tips.... I am sure that Birds Custard powder is not a product I can buy off my shelves here in Central VA. LOL

I'll see what I can do to find your British product and get it here before NY's. LOL

No offense intended Wink

Please take that right!

No offense take.  It comes with still being a commonwealth country though they do not allow schools to sing God Save the Queen anymore. 

I guess you are happy I did not give you a recipe which needs an ingrediant called "heinz spotted dick".     
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: December 23, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »

Northern Rose:

Thank you so much!

Thanks again!

No offense intended Wink

Please take that right!

No offense take.  It comes with still being a commonwealth country though they do not allow schools to sing God Save the Queen anymore. 

I guess you are happy I did not give you a recipe which needs an ingrediant called "heinz spotted dick".     
Hahaha.

Glad you did not take offense!

And yes, I am glad, although I have made friends on IRC who have talked about spotted dick and love it. Wink

Have a great day tomorrow, Northern Rose!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: December 23, 2009, 11:28:45 PM »

Amy Winehouse charged over alleged assault at children's play   

Controversial singer Amy Winehouse was charged in connection with an alleged assault at a theatre in Milton Keynes, north-west of London.

Winehouse was arrested after she attended Milton Keynes police station in Buckinghamshire voluntarily.

The 26-year-old Rehab singer was charged under the name Amy Civil with a public order offence and common assault.

The Sun reported that during a production of Cinderella on Saturday, Winehouse, who was in the audience with parents and children, heckled the cast and kept shouting, “He’s f…ing behind you.”

Winehouse allegedly refused to be seated as she blocked the view of families by standing up and walking along rows.

The Sun said she refused to be ushered to a box after the intermission and allegedly launched herself at front-of-house manager Richard Pound - allegedly pulling his hair, punching him and kicking him between the legs.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/amy-winehouse-charged-over-alleged-assault-at-childrens-play/story-e6frfn09-1225813356163
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: December 24, 2009, 12:56:29 AM »

All is well I had to go lay down my head was pounding from all the yelling and loud tv
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #877 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:24 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE MONKEYS!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: December 24, 2009, 06:14:27 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE MONKEYS!

Hey Darla!      
Merry Christmas Eve to you!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: December 24, 2009, 06:46:18 AM »

Has anyone read 's any of the comments from Hornsby's Blog last night?
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/20/will-the-real-zenaida-gonzalez-please-stand-up/comment-page-3/#comment-2094

He better pack his lunch if he is gonna debunk Blink.   
He is an azz hat.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.