April 28, 2024, 02:30:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 404537 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: December 24, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »

Oh, and I hope you can figure out what I just said, Tevye...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #941 on: December 24, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

Merry Christmas Tevye 

Thanks, Miss Bee! Merry Christmas to you also!
I am over my pity party, now I'm charging the battery packs for the Hummer and Silverado pick-em-up RC cars I got for grandson and son. Now the fun begins! Wrapping, cleaning, it's all good. (I really hope someone buys ME an RC car...I love those things! Oh well, at least my kids know how to share!)

Awww, Tevye    No pity party.  Believe it or not, I understand about family and the love/hate thing.  I found out a long time ago that people may not change.  And even if you as a person changes, they may not accept the change.  Some seem to like to keep us right there in the same category.  Change can be difficult for others to accept. The most important thing is that you care for yourself.  By the way, I wonder if you have any idea how much you are loved and how many care about you right here at SM?  I know it's not the same as Mom or Dad, but you see, you were born to them.  But with the monkeys, we choose to love you.  And love you, we do.   an angelic monkey

I get what you are saying Muffy and I agree - remember you can not pick your family! (but you can pick your nose!)  Anyway - my family is also a bunch a less than perfect people - and I will just enjoy that they are not dead - most of them at least.

My hubby's family, on the other hand, is a wonderful group and have made me feel more like one of them than my own family - and I am eternally greatful to them. And the monkeys!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #942 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:28 PM »

Tevye,  ...You are fully covered in prayer by all of the Monkey friends in here. So your Mom's won't be missed. We wuvs you! Merry Christmas...Have fun with the remote cars. I am going to play with my granddaughters Barbie house tomorrow. As she has told me a thousand times, Grandma it even has an elevator and has three floors. She was so excited today hoping Santa is bringing that house.

MUffybee ...Merry Christmas to you also.!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

Merry Christmas, theboyzmom and darla

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #944 on: December 24, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »

Merry Christmas Tevye 

I am over my pity party, now I'm charging the battery packs for the Hummer and Silverado pick-em-up RC cars I got for grandson and son. Now the fun begins! Wrapping, cleaning, it's all good. (I really hope someone buys ME an RC car...I love those things! Oh well, at least my kids know how to share!)

Awww, Tevye    No pity party.  Believe it or not, I understand about family and the love/hate thing.  I found out a long time ago that people may not change.  And even if you as a person changes, they may not accept the change.  Some seem to like to keep us right there in the same category.  Change can be difficult for others to accept. The most important thing is that you care for yourself.  By the way, I wonder if you have any idea how much you are loved and how many care about you right here at SM?  I know it's not the same as Mom or Dad, but you see, you were born to them.  But with the monkeys, we choose to love you.  And love you, we do.   an angelic monkey
an angelic monkey Oh, dang it! You're making me cry! I know I'm loved here, I really don't think I'd have made it thru the last 6 months without the support of my monkey friends. Thanks, one and all!  an angelic monkey

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: December 24, 2009, 09:13:37 PM »

Oh, and I hope you can figure out what I just said, Tevye...
I totally get it. To me, I've grown up and am no longer a threat to society or the family order. In my mom's eyes, I'll always be the wild card, the one you can count on to get it done, or make sure it happens, but you're never quite sure just how I'll do it! Maybe I should have gotten her new glasses for Christmas?? 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: December 24, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »

Tevye,  ...You are fully covered in prayer by all of the Monkey friends in here. So your Mom's won't be missed. We wuvs you! Merry Christmas...Have fun with the remote cars. I am going to play with my granddaughters Barbie house tomorrow. As she has told me a thousand times, Grandma it even has an elevator and has three floors. She was so excited today hoping Santa is bringing that house.

I know that the best part of Christmas is playing with the kids' toys! Which is why I always get them stuff I want to play with!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: December 24, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »

I know that the best part of Christmas is playing with the kids' toys! Which is why I always get them stuff I want to play with!!!!

That's a great idea!  Get the kids stuff YOU want to play with.  Sort of like buying Halloween candy that you like, in case there's some left over... Monkey Devil!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #948 on: December 24, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »

I will never say I want it to snow on Christmas ever again.

Hope all monkeys had a great day. I got off work at one, went to bank, Walmart, Big Lots, got to church at 3:15 so I could get a seat, didn't get home until almost six. My nerves can't take driving in this weather. 

Oh poor JSM!

Sorry you had a taxing day. Maybe seeing Josef ready for New Years will brighten your day!

Hahaha!

Those are two of the three I left you in my thread!

I hope they make you laugh. Wink

Merry Christmas, JSM!
I adore that Brandi. Sorry I am so behind today, thanks for making my evening happier just seeing Josef's face. I had a meltdown when I left him this morning. That could be why my head is hurting so bad. I hope your snow is gone, because we have it here now.  Thanks again, Josef will change his clothes tomorrow after Christmas. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: December 24, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »

Merry Christmas to all my Monkey friends! I hope you all get what you want, whether that be a peaceful family gathering, a new bike, or just a little less stress.

As DH and I drove 40 miles to my mom and Big Family Christmas, we followed a horse trailer, complete with horse. Finally, about 10 miles from my mom's house I turned down Rehab (gotta have my happy music!) and said "Honey, you really didn't have to get me a pony for Christmas!" DH said "It's ok, we're leaving it at your mom's!" LOL!

It was great to be with my family. Most of them are very supportive and caring, in their own ways. However, my brother was going to give a speech ( he does it every year, it's always insprirational and funny) and my mom asked if we could pray for some special people. So, we prayed for the nephew and niece who couldn't be there, and my BIL who is dying of cirrosis and bad living, and his family...my sister who will end up just like him. I did not make the cut for prayers. I must say, that hurt me deeply (only my husband and my monkey friends are allowed to know this) I told DH that my mom must think that the stress of having a terminal illness and the family who has to deal with it is more important than HAVING A FRIKKIN' TERMINAL ILLNESS!!!

But, I was good. I didn't say anything to anyone about it. For one thing, it would have totally blown my brother's speech, and he's such a sweet man, I wouldn't do that. And, it would have proven to my nieces and nephews that I'm kinda down there on my mom's list of priorities. Well, when you have 7 kids, it's always the ones in trouble who get the attention. I know I've told you what a hell raiser I was, but I was smart enough to never get caught! Nothing went on my permanent record....in her eyes I was only an occasional problem child. Mostly, I was second in command.

I know, this is kind of a bummer of a message. My point is this: This Christmas, remember that people who appear to have it all under control, who appear to be taking life's lumps with grace and humour and strength also need prayers and positive thoughts. Thank God my brothers, all 3 of them, took the time to tell me how special I am. Thank God my nieces and nephews all think I'm cool, and thank God my grandchildren adore me (the feeling is mutual).

And now, to really goof this up, the woman who couldn't ask for prayers for me DID buy me a solar system model just like the ones I bought for my grandsons. We are planning a trip to Mars, and we all need the same equipment to make it work. We'll be doing it over Skype, so it's important that we all have the same references. (It's my secret way to help them with math and science...the fun way!) She knew I couldn't spend any more $, so she stepped up. This proves the love/hate relationship we have. I guess I can't really hold the prayer thing against her. Oh, carp, will I ever stop being 15 with her???!

So, JSM, when your fam is driving you bananas, remember my mom, and hug yours! And TOTALLY enjoy the pond skating!!
Tevye, HUGS to you. I am so sorry you weren't mentioned in the prayers. Just an FYI you were mentioned in my prayers tonight when I was at Mass. Also, I have the same relationship with my mom. I'm glad you got the solar system for Christmas so you and the grandkids will have a great time.  If I break my neck pond skating, it will be all your fault.  Just an FYI you are special to me!  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: December 24, 2009, 09:48:34 PM »

Merry Christmas Tevye 

All I can say to this is AMEN Muffy.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #951 on: December 24, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »

Merry Christmas JSM and Josef.........When do you leave for your ski trip?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #952 on: December 24, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »

Darla so glad you had a wonderful time with your family, and can I come and play with your granddaughter's Barbie house? How fun, I so enjoyed playing Barbies, and enjoying it just as much when my girls were little  an angelic monkey Have a good night's sleep.   Tevye, I'm so upset that you are upset about what happened this evening, I don't know what to say, but your mom loves you dearly I'm sure  an angelic monkey You sound like you have a wonderful family, and you are so lucky to have a big family that all care about each other. I hope everyone has had a nice evening, and hope you all have a great Christmas. Here comes our Christmas Eve. Let's start with my youngest daughter who is all depressed and crying, she of course wouldn't go to eat because she hates her sister's husband. Then we went to pick up my daughter and her husband, and only my daughter came out. I said where is Scott? She whispered to me that he feels my husband is mad at him, that's a whole other story, and I said let me talk to him. Went in their house, and laid a guilt trip on him, and told him I'm the one holding this family together, and he isn't mad at you, please come. He said thank-you, but he wasn't feeling good. We got to the car and he called my daughter and he said I will go for your mom. So we went to Olive Garden and ordered an appetizer and drinks. We got the salad, and asked several times where is the breadsticks? The waitress said they are cooking, but that's odd because everyone else around us had them. After the third time asking she finally came with them. But no supper, the three of us went out for a smoke, and my daughter said we have been in there an hour and a half and still no supper. Finally came, Scott's pizza was dough with cheese and sauce, it was barely cooked, my husband's lasagna, didn't look like lasagna, and the meat balls he asked for, he only got one with no sauce and it looked like we could have played tennis with it. My manicotti noodles where made at least two days ago. When everything was said and done our entire meal was comped and we just had to pay for drinks. More happened, but I won't bother  Took them home, came home and my daughter is still depressed and crying  So in a little while I'm going to bed, and think about the happy Christmas Eves we have had many moons ago.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: December 24, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »

Josef looks like he is going to hit the town and party big time 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: December 24, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »

Merry Christmas JSM and Josef.........When do you leave for your ski trip?
Hey Darla, leaving tomorrow around lunch time. I hope you have a Merry Christmas. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: December 24, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »

Darla so glad you had a wonderful time with your family, and can I come and play with your granddaughter's Barbie house? How fun, I so enjoyed playing Barbies, and enjoying it just as much when my girls were little  an angelic monkey Have a good night's sleep.   Tevye, I'm so upset that you are upset about what happened this evening, I don't know what to say, but your mom loves you dearly I'm sure  an angelic monkey You sound like you have a wonderful family, and you are so lucky to have a big family that all care about each other. I hope everyone has had a nice evening, and hope you all have a great Christmas. Here comes our Christmas Eve. Let's start with my youngest daughter who is all depressed and crying, she of course wouldn't go to eat because she hates her sister's husband. Then we went to pick up my daughter and her husband, and only my daughter came out. I said where is Scott? She whispered to me that he feels my husband is mad at him, that's a whole other story, and I said let me talk to him. Went in their house, and laid a guilt trip on him, and told him I'm the one holding this family together, and he isn't mad at you, please come. He said thank-you, but he wasn't feeling good. We got to the car and he called my daughter and he said I will go for your mom. So we went to Olive Garden and ordered an appetizer and drinks. We got the salad, and asked several times where is the breadsticks? The waitress said they are cooking, but that's odd because everyone else around us had them. After the third time asking she finally came with them. But no supper, the three of us went out for a smoke, and my daughter said we have been in there an hour and a half and still no supper. Finally came, Scott's pizza was dough with cheese and sauce, it was barely cooked, my husband's lasagna, didn't look like lasagna, and the meat balls he asked for, he only got one with no sauce and it looked like we could have played tennis with it. My manicotti noodles where made at least two days ago. When everything was said and done our entire meal was comped and we just had to pay for drinks. More happened, but I won't bother  Took them home, came home and my daughter is still depressed and crying  So in a little while I'm going to bed, and think about the happy Christmas Eves we have had many moons ago.
No Rose, I am so sorry everything went bad tonight.  an angelic monkey You are such a good mom and wife and doggy mom. You do hold the family together. I can't imagine having to do that job.  an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: December 24, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »

He does No Rose!!  Brandi is great! I had a breakdown today when I left him at the Petlodge.

Glad to know that my brother's girlfriend bawled her eyes out when they left their dogs there too.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: December 24, 2009, 10:20:11 PM »

Thank-you JSM, and I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe trip, and you all have a very Merry Christmas  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: December 24, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

He does No Rose!!  Brandi is great! I had a breakdown today when I left him at the Petlodge.

Glad to know that my brother's girlfriend bawled her eyes out when they left their dogs there too.
I can imagine, but I'm glad you have a good place with people you trust taking care of Josef, I hope your brother and sister do also  an angelic monkey I laughed so hard when I saw Josef in his New Year's costume, he is like the Fred Astaire of the dog world 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: December 24, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »

Tevye:

A special Merry Christmas to you!

You have been an inspiration to many, and you have learned to focus on the positive.

That's where we find our happiness, often in little spurts when we least expect it. Not when we are looking for it.

I admire you and am so glad I know you here.

You are a super monkey and a great inspiration to all who come in contact with you!

I think of you often.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.