May 28, 2024, 09:15:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 410701 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1580 on: December 29, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »

Thank You Tevye, Bananas & Trimm,

I know these things happen. But it doesn't make it hurt any less. We knew we had to have her put to sleep. But what got me is the Emergency Hospital and their fees. They can get away with it as they are the only ones around for 80 miles or so. And it was you pay our fee or you can take her home and take her to the Humane society tommorrow. Like we were going to let her suffer any longer. They know they have you by the short hairs. So today when it gets light before the rain/snow comes. Hubs will bury her in the back yard.
I am thankful that the grand kids weren't her to she her.
It's awful, we have one rather close and the costs are the same, it makes a person so angry the costs they charge.  I am glad the grandkids weren't there as well, our kitty is buried in our backyard as well, also many hamsters  an angelic monkey
Josef's vet is an Emergency Clinic and I pay outrageous fees for him to be treated. The only reason I go there is because they know his history and I totally trust his vet. If it wasn't for Dr B, I would find another vet. It is very sad though the cost Greeneyes had to pay just to help keep a little kitty out of pain. Makes me very very sad.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1581 on: December 29, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys - looks like I need to catch up.
Morning Mission. Hope you are having a good morning.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1582 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

Going to go eat my cake and finish watching the game - I hope Minnesota gets beat - it is hard living in Minnesota being a Green Bay Packer fan.  Tevye if you peek down here I left a Christmas tree up until July once  long story I will tell you sometime.  I hope you are doing ok - this is treatment week isn't it?  You might get our cold weather - we are going to 12 below tonight - it may head your way this weekend which may make your time in bed a bit easier to take. 

It's 20 outside, I'm sitting in the living room, wrapped in a blanket and shawl- I have to keep my feet up cos my legs are swelling. So, I'm ready for the cold. We had mostly white-out conditions for my trip to the Dr. today, thank God I got new tires!

Have you noticed that if you leave a live tree up long enough, and keep watering it, it will actually sprout new growth? Oh, the things I shouldn't know!
I'm going to share with you and send some cold so you can hole up this weekend.    So a tree will sprout new growth huh? I learned something new today ........I wasn't home much that year so it is a good thing the darn thing didn't KEEP growing or I may have come home to a jungle.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1583 on: December 29, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »

Good Morning everyone. JSM it looks like you were born to ride a snowmobile, you look like a natural on it 
Good Morning No Rose.  I was posing for the picture, there is no way I would have been able to driven it. My BIL is such a baby, once we got down to the play area, he was about to cry begging the guides to let him go back up to the car.  Monkey Devil!
I think your BIL and I would get along real well 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1584 on: December 29, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »

JSM  Just had the weather on here. They are saying a light snow today and some News Years Eve. But they keep saying nothing like what we got Christmas Eve.  Sister always took snake bite drinks when they went out with thier snow Mobils.  Thats what they told the kids anyway. Some hot coffee with a little something in it.

nrcg  Ya it just gets me  that they can get away with the prices they charge. If we had been able to take her to our regular vet it would have been less than a third of the cost. They have a pet cemetery there also. 

Tevye sorry you are not feeling well today. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1585 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »

Sassy so glad you got to spend time with Anna, I bet she was enjoying playing and looking at the Christmas lights  an angelic monkey Morning Mission 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: December 29, 2009, 10:27:38 AM »

My best friend here before she moved, I use to take care of her dog Brandi when she would go visit her daughter, a very lovely dog. She was very ill and she had to put her down. She couldn't afford to cremate her and bring the ashes home and had to leave her there. She did not have a backyard where she could have buried her, she was in the process of selling her home 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1587 on: December 29, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »

Now I'm going to lay down and watch some silly stuff on tv, but of course I brought up a little stash of mini Muskateers and Milky Ways  Come the first no more junk  Everyone have a nice evening. I hope in the morning JSM has posted her skating pictures 
and I am about to go cut a big piece of cake, good lord. Night NoRose, see you tomorrow and hopefully we will in fact see some pics from JSM. I need to catch Northern Rose I need a beef stew recipe, that is one thing I have trouble with, I can't seem to master it.  an angelic monkey

Stew

2lbs beef cubed
3 tbsp olive oil
4 cubes beef bullion
4 cups water
4 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
4 stalks celery cut into 1 inch pieces
3 large potatoes washed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 bay leaf

2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp cold water

1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

In a large ziplock bag put in flour , salt pepper and beef and shake.  In a large skillet heat oil and put coated beef in and brown.  Add onions to soften then pour beef and onion into slow cooker.  Add bullion cubes and 2 cups of the water to skillet and stir to loosen all the bits at the bottom and dissolve bullion.  Pour into slow cooker.  Add, other 2 cups water and vegetables, garlic, bayleaf and parsley to slow cooker and put lid on and cook on low for 6 hours.  In a small cup put the 2 tsp water and add 2 tsp cornstarch.  Stir till not lumpy then stir this into crock pot.  Cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until it has boiled for at least 5 minutes.  Serve.

Goes well with Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits

2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese and toss. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
Turn onto a lightly floured surfaceand knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1 in. thickness. Cut with a glass that Ash been dipped in flour (about 2-1/2-in). Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. 

While baking put 1/4 cup butter in the microwave to melt. I added 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/8 tsp of garlic salt to the melted butter. Brush on biscuits when they are hot.

Serve warm.

Northern Rose you are the best - thank you so much.  I am going to make this tomorrow I will get some meat out of the freezer today...........and thanks for the bonus recipe for the biscuits - my mouth is watering. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1588 on: December 29, 2009, 10:32:48 AM »

Good Morning everyone. JSM it looks like you were born to ride a snowmobile, you look like a natural on it 
Good Morning No Rose.  I was posing for the picture, there is no way I would have been able to driven it. My BIL is such a baby, once we got down to the play area, he was about to cry begging the guides to let him go back up to the car.  Monkey Devil!
I doubt it No Rose, you are too head strong to get along with him. I think you would want to slap his whiney azz.  Monkey Devil!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1589 on: December 29, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »

Hi Monkeys,

Loved the pictures JSM glad you are having fun.

Northern Rose thanks for the recipe. Sounds good. Been thing of making some stew.

I am upset just got back from animal Hospital. Had to take one of my kittens in and put down. The neighbors dog got her and took half of her little back off. But then to top it all off the charges were so dang hi. It ended up costing close to $300 bucks. That was bringing her home to bury her. 
OMG I am so so sorry Greeneyes what a terrible thing to happen - my heart hurts for you, this is so sad.  Dam neighbor dog I bet you want to go over there and scream at him/her.........I m sure you are devastated and you have every right to be.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: December 29, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »

I doubt it No Rose, you are too head strong to get along with him. I think you would want to slap his whiney azz.  Monkey Devil!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: December 29, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »

JSM  Just had the weather on here. They are saying a light snow today and some News Years Eve. But they keep saying nothing like what we got Christmas Eve.  Sister always took snake bite drinks when they went out with thier snow Mobils.  Thats what they told the kids anyway. Some hot coffee with a little something in it.

nrcg  Ya it just gets me  that they can get away with the prices they charge. If we had been able to take her to our regular vet it would have been less than a third of the cost. They have a pet cemetery there also. 

Greeneyes, I wish I would have had a snake bite drink, the worse thing though is I really really had to go pee before we even got there. The guy said the only bathroom is in those trees (snowdrifts at least waist deep) I held it.

Yeah regular vets are wonderful and their charges are so much less and you get good care at the smaller clinics.

I am so glad the weather is not going to be like Christmas Eve, that was awful. Anyways my prayers are with you and your family right now. Stay safe and warm. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1592 on: December 29, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »

Northern, I just wanted to thank you and the cold weather monkeys for telling me to skate on the pond.  an angelic monkey  I really thought I would fall through, but it was solid ice! I have skated on worse ice in a rink right after a hockey tournament even after they Zammed the ice. My whole family skated (mom and step dad didn't) but even 6 yo nephew did and we had so much fun. I want to go back tomorrow!!!
Woo Hoo! I woke up with terrible heartburn and no ant-acids, so figured JSM had left me some pretty pictures. Awesome! We have a pond-skating convert! Isn't it awesome? Next time on the snow machine, YOU drive, it's warmer. Looks like you're having fun. As for your SIL who thinks she's Julie Your Cruise Director, every trip has to have one. It's like there's so many people with different ideas for what to do, no one will step up and say "allright, we're going to go skating now because WE HAVE WASTED 2 HOURS OF THIS TRIP TALKING ABOUT WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO, AND WE'RE NOT DOING NOTHING!" (I usually take the Julie role on sister trips.)

You have fun..and if you do the sauna/snowbank thing, don't forget to wear your flip flops. You wouldn't want your feet to get cold! Monkey Devil!
For sure wear those flip flops JSM!  We have an outdoor sauna and love it - my husband always does the snow/snowbank thing - it is hilarious he is nothing but a ball of steam sitting in the snow.

JSM - The snowmobiling looks like such fun - I am envious, we snowmobile and would love to do it in Colorado sometime.  You look like a natural 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1593 on: December 29, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »

My best friend here before she moved, I use to take care of her dog Brandi when she would go visit her daughter, a very lovely dog. She was very ill and she had to put her down. She couldn't afford to cremate her and bring the ashes home and had to leave her there. She did not have a backyard where she could have buried her, she was in the process of selling her home 

How sad. This place didn't have the option to leave them, it was either cremate them and get the ashes or take them home. Like your friend I couldn't afford to cremate her ar least what they charged. Thats what got me. What we lived in an apartment had no place to bury her. I don't know why it should surprise me. It seems it's all about money for every thing now days.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1594 on: December 29, 2009, 10:41:50 AM »

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.   I've read back a little but still waayyyy behind.

Green Eyes - sorry about the little kitten.  That's really sad.

JSM - thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Darla - thanks for the dlife website link info.

Trimm - glad to read over at the prayer thread that your dad is doing ok.

NoRose -  I hate the cable company.   I used to get stood up by those jerks every time so I start calling them about 10am and ask them every 30 minutes when they are coming - so now they come just because they get sick of me.   I've learned this is how you deal with them.   Bug the hell out of them.    Or they will bug the hell out of you.

Tevye - sending prayers.

Mission - I keep missing you.   I bet you had fun getting snowed in.

Northern - thanks for the stew recipe - and the cheese biscuits.   yum.

Brandi - loved the Christmas card you made for us.

Everyone - Hope Santa was good to each and every one of you.   
My hubby has been on vacation from his job -  and the holidays have worn me out.    I could use about a 3-day nap.
My daughter got feeling better and brought my little granddaughter down to see me.   She's so sweet.   She's laughing now and is so precious.
Sassy I was thinking about you yesterday.  So glad you got to see your granddaughter - that had to make your day.  Hope to see you again soon.  an angelic monkey

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1595 on: December 29, 2009, 10:42:43 AM »

JINX

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1596 on: December 29, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »

That is so very sad No Rose. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: December 29, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »

How sad. This place didn't have the option to leave them, it was either cremate them and get the ashes or take them home. Like your friend I couldn't afford to cremate her ar least what they charged. Thats what got me. What we lived in an apartment had no place to bury her. I don't know why it should surprise me. It seems it's all about money for every thing now days.
It is, and what is really bad is when you go to the dentist, not only are the charges insane, even with insurance, then they try to sell you dental implants, like they did with my husband, he laughed and said are you kidding me, with those prices, isn't going to happen 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1598 on: December 29, 2009, 10:44:45 AM »

Greeneyes, I wish I would have had a snake bite drink, the worse thing though is I really really had to go pee before we even got there. The guy said the only bathroom is in those trees (snowdrifts at least waist deep) I held it.

Yeah regular vets are wonderful and their charges are so much less and you get good care at the smaller clinics.

I am so glad the weather is not going to be like Christmas Eve, that was awful. Anyways my prayers are with you and your family right now. Stay safe and warm. 

You stay warm too! I would have held it too. I can't imagine trying to use the great out doors during winter. But I am a city girl. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1599 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »

That is so very sad No Rose. 
I wasn't aware, because her sister took her to the vet with Brandi, she had called me over to say goodbye to her. I would have helped her if I had known.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.