April 28, 2024, 12:07:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreigner Security and Prosperity Act of 2009 - No prosperity for Americans  (Read 1816 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 21, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »

It proposes making it easier for foreigners with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics from U.S. universities and who have worked in their field in the U.S. for three years to get green card employment visas. They would be fast-tracked to green cards, which provide foreigners with permanent residency status, rather than lingering in H-1B visa limbo, says Alex Nowrasteh, a policy analyst at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

"If they have an employer who wants to hire them, then instead of the H-1B visas, they can apply for green cards without numerical limitation," Nowrasteh says.

Foreign students with advanced technology degrees often must leave the U.S. shortly after graduating from a U.S. university if they're unable to obtain or renew an H-1B visa or get a green card. The annual cap on H-1B visas is 85,000. That includes 65,000 general H-1B visas and 20,000 H-1Bs set aside for foreigners with advanced degrees. As of Dec. 11, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said it had received 62,900 general H-1B visa petitions and reached the cap of 20,000 advanced-degree exemptions for fiscal 2010.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/policy/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222002313

Is there any comprable place in the world that let's in thousands of US graduates for good jobs?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:48:06 AM »

"What needs to be considered for real immigration reform"

Create an international understanding with those countries losing their citizens to the lure of U.S. jobs that their citizens are their most valuable export and help create a process whereby foreign countries monetarily gain from "exporting" their labor.

Import payments?  Why should Americans pay to import workers, or give amnesty to those here illegally?  Why not a $100,000 tax on amnesty recipients?

Create an understanding in the federal government that the U.S. is still a desirable place for some who want to immigrate and live here and so rational quotas need to address that fact.

We have an orderly system now.  Why isn't Washington nudging those here illegally to return to their country of origin?

Should illegals and foreigners determine immigration numbers?  What about citizens and those here legally?  Why fill out a form and wait patiently? 

Why cause greater economic damage to the US?

And finally, above all, there must be created an intention by all Senators to debate with the goal of reaching a compromise because the time for immigration reform is now and the patience of Latino communities across the country is wearing extremely thin.

What exactly re the Latino communities going to do?  Riot?  Go home?

http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2009/12/sec_napolitano_underscores_how_some_in_w.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »

"Illegal aliens will find health care loopholes"

If these loopholes remain in health care legislation, look for spiraling costs from ever-increasing waves of illegal immigration.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20091221/OPINION/912210316/1050

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.