March 28, 2024, 08:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP - Brittany Murphy -- Dead At 32, Husband Simon Monjack Dead at 39  (Read 9184 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 20, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »

[Movies] UPDATED: Brittany Murphy Dead At 32
Posted by Ashish on 12.20.2009

UPDATE: TMZ reports that Murphy's mom found her unconscious in the shower this morning. The paramedics arrived and determined that Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and started administering CPR, which continued on the way to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead. The LA County Coroner's office will pick up Murphy's body later today and begin their investigation.

ORIGINAL: Brittany Murphy died this morning after going into cardiac arrest. She could not be revived after emergency workers arrived following a 911 call at 8AM from her Los Angeles home. She was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy was best known for her roles in Clueless and 8 Mile.

She was 32.
http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/124990/%5BMovies%5D-UPDATED:-Brittany-Murphy-Dead-At-32.htm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:51:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »

Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32

Actress Brittany Murphy has died following a heart attack.

Murphy, who starred in 'Clueless' as the socially gauche Tai and alongside Angelina Jolie in 'Girl Interrupted', was 32.

She also starred with Eminem in '8 Mile' and was married to screenwriter Simon Monjack.

TMZ.com reported that Murphy was taken from her home in Los Angeles to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre following an emergency call, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to the Internet Movie Database website, the actress had four projects lined up for 2010.

Most recently she provided the voice of Luanne Platter in 'King of the Hill' and took the lead role of Dr Amy Lane in the TV movie 'MegaFault'.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1220/murphyb.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005261/

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »

wow...this is awful! she is way too young to have passed away so suddenly....she was a lovely girl...
I feel sorry for her family! Her husband had some recent health problems too if I recall...
He does not want an autopsy according to TMZ but there is going to be one anyways I guess...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

December 22, 2009 | 12:53 PM ET
Accidental overdose eyed in Brittany Murphy's death following discovery of pills, source says

Large amounts of prescription drugs were found in Brittany Murphy's bedroom when paramedics were called to her Los Angeles home on Sunday, a law enforcement source close to the investigation into the 32-year-old actress' sudden death confirmed to Fox411.com Tuesday.

"A check of the nightstands revealed large amounts of prescription medication in the decedent's name," TMZ first reported after reviewing what they say were notes made by an investigator from the L.A. County Coroner's office. "Also noted were numerous empty prescription medication bottles in the decedent's husband's name, the decedent's mother's name, and unidentified third party names."

Fox411.com can exclusively report that investigators are focusing on Murphy's drug use, and that the working theory of her cause of death is accidental overdose, according to the law enforcement source.

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Murphy's Final Interview.

Investigators are waiting to see what combination of drugs was in her system, and if other non-prescription drugs are revealed in the toxicity report, the source says.

Heroin and cocaine are among the other drugs being tested for because of reports of Murphy's alleged abuse of both, the source adds.

The Los Angeles County Coroner did not respond immediately for a request for comment.

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Murphy's 'Hollywood Demons.'

The medications found in the Murphy's bedroom included:

- Topamax (anti-seizure medication)

- Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory medication)

- Fluoxetine (depression medication)

- Klonopin (anxiety medication)

- Carbamazepine (bipolar medication)

- Ativan (anxiety medication)

- Vicoprofen (pain reliever)

- Propranolol (used to prevent heart attacks)

- Biaxin (antibiotic)

- Hydrocodone (pain medication)

- Vitamins.

The law enforcement source also confirms the frantic efforts to revive Murphy by her mother, Sharon, and her husband, Simon Monjack, before paramedics arrived.

Citing the same L.A. Coroner's Office official's notes, TMZ said the actress went into the bathroom alone early Sunday morning. Her mother found her unresponsive on the floor a half-an-hour later. Monjack responded to her mother's screams, and put Brittany Murphy in the shower to try to revive her while her mother called 911.

EXCLUSIVE: Was Simon Monjack 'Bad News'?

Murphy "had been complaining of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pain" for the previous 7 to 10 days, TMZ quoted from the notes.

Authorities said Monday it appeared actress Brittany Murphy died of natural causes after becoming ill with flulike symptoms in the days before she collapsed in the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said an autopsy had been conducted and officials were awaiting the results of toxicology and tissue testing before determining an official cause of death.

It could take up to six weeks before a determination is made public.

Paramedics tried to revive Murphy early Sunday, but she was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The hospital said she died of cardiac arrest.

The autopsy found no signs of trauma to the body of the 32-year-old star of "Clueless" and "8 Mile."

Police did not suspect foul play.

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/22/accidental-overdose-eyed-in-brittany-murphys-death-following-discovery-of-pills-source-says/

May she rest in peace...personally, I have never even heard of her or seen her in anything I have ever watched.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091224/ap_en_ot/us_brittany_murphy_funeral

Small, private funeral for Brittany Murphy

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen, Ap Entertainment Writer   – 1 hr 8 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Actress Brittany Murphy will be laid to rest at a small, private funeral on Christmas Eve, while a larger memorial service may be held early next year.

Family spokesman Alex Ben Block said the Thursday funeral for the "Clueless" and "Girl, Interrupted" actress will be by invitation-only at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills.

The 32-year-old actress died after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home on Sunday.

Authorities continue to investigate the death. An autopsy performed Monday was inconclusive, and the coroner's office is awaiting results of toxicology and tissue tests before determining an official cause of death.

Murphy moved with her mother, Sharon, to Los Angeles when she was a teenager to pursue an acting career. She started out in sitcoms and commercials in the early 1990s before winning starring roles in several films.

She played Eminem's love interest in "8 Mile" and Ashton Kutcher's wife in "Just Married." She starred as a suspicious girlfriend in 2004's "Little Black Book" and a barmaid with an abusive ex-boyfriend in 2005's "Sin City."

Murphy was juggling multiple movie projects in the months before her unexpected death, wrapping two indie thrillers over the summer and preparing to shoot a romantic comedy next month.

Michael Feifer, who directed Murphy in her final role, described the actress as professional, kind and healthy on the set of "Abandoned." Murphy's husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, accompanied her on set and served as her hair and makeup artist.

"The two of them really took care of each other," Feifer recalled. "He was her teddy bear, and she was just his little princess."

The future of that film and Murphy's other thriller, "Something Wicked," is uncertain. Neither has secured theatrical distribution.

The private funeral Thursday afternoon is to be an intimate affair, Block said, noting the irony that Murphy loved Christmas and would be buried on Christmas Eve.

Other stars buried at Forest Lawn include Liberace, Bette Davis, Lucille Ball, Gene Autry and Freddie Prinze.

___

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20333033,00.html

Brittany Murphy Laid to Rest at Twilight

Update Thursday December 24, 2009 11:50 PM EST

Brittany Murphy
Michael Bezjian/WireImage

Brittany Murphy was laid to rest at twilight on Thursday in a private ceremony before family and friends at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles. The Kaddish, a traditional Jewish mourning prayer, was recited and the hymn "Amazing Grace" was sung.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »

This would shock me more, if my DH and I hadn't just had  heart attacks within several days of each other, just a month ago at age 45 and him 47.  I was shocked at how many young people were in the Heart Center, at the hospital where I was.  We were both Blessed however, that they were able to put  stents in our hearts and saved our lives.  It was a shock alone, that either of us had one, but for both of us within days.   I had even mentioned something to the nurses how surprising there were so many young people there when we were,  having had heart problems and they said it has been surprising to see so many young people coming in to them!  Makes me wonder, if it does not have something to do with more, younger people doing dangerous drugs?  Not to mention the stress people are under these days.  So sad.   But Thank God for the advance in technology as well.

RIP Brittany!  And God, please bring peace and comfort to her family and friends.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »

This would shock me more, if my DH and I hadn't just had  heart attacks within several days of each other, just a month ago at age 45 and him 47.  I was shocked at how many young people were in the Heart Center, at the hospital where I was.  We were both Blessed however, that they were able to put  stents in our hearts and saved our lives.  It was a shock alone, that either of us had one, but for both of us within days.   I had even mentioned something to the nurses how surprising there were so many young people there when we were,  having had heart problems and they said it has been surprising to see so many young people coming in to them!  Makes me wonder, if it does not have something to do with more, younger people doing dangerous drugs?  Not to mention the stress people are under these days.  So sad.   But Thank God for the advance in technology as well.

RIP Brittany!  And God, please bring peace and comfort to her family and friends.

Di....take care of yourself! my dil is a cardiac rehab nurse...I know that the rehab will do a lot for you and hubs if you follow the program...also, may I recommend the CHIPS diet to you...my dil's father just had his 3rd triple bypass surgery...His prior surgery was 10 yrs ago at which time he started the chips diet at my dil's request..he credits that diet and exercise to him being able to survive this 3rd triple bypass...if he had not followed it, he doesn't feel that he would have been healthy enough to survive this surgery...
you and hubs have a lot of years left...just take care of yourselves...xxxx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »

Well, this is ridiculous......

Brittany Murphy’s widower to sue Warner Bros over her death
January 28th, 2010

WASHINGTON - Simon Monjack, husband of late actress Brittany Murphy, is planning to file a lawsuit against Warner Bros in connection with his wife’s fatal heart attack Dec 20, according to media reports.

Monjack claims in the interview with The Daily Beast that Murphy’s death was due to stress caused by Warner Bros’ alleged decision last month to cancel a contract for a voice role in the sequel to 2006’s animated musical Happy Feet.

A month earlier, Murphy had been allegedly fired from the set of the upcoming independent thriller The Caller and replaced by Twilight star Rachelle Lefevre, the Entertainment Weekly reported on its website Thursday.

Any claim that Warner Bros. Pictures was somehow responsible for Brittany Murphy’s tragic death is demonstrably false, reprehensible, and defamatory, a Warner Bros representative said in a statement.

Despite press reports to the contrary, Warner Bros. Pictures and Ms. Murphy never entered into any deal for Happy Feet 2, and thus, there was no contract to cancel, he said.

When reached for comment, a representative for Monjack said he will not be discussing his potential lawsuit further at this time, according to the weekly.

http://blog.taragana.com/law/2010/01/28/brittany-murphys-widower-to-sue-warner-bros-over-her-death-19839/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:51 AM »

Well, this is ridiculous......

Brittany Murphy’s widower to sue Warner Bros over her death
January 28th, 2010

WASHINGTON - Simon Monjack, husband of late actress Brittany Murphy, is planning to file a lawsuit against Warner Bros in connection with his wife’s fatal heart attack Dec 20, according to media reports.

Monjack claims in the interview with The Daily Beast that Murphy’s death was due to stress caused by Warner Bros’ alleged decision last month to cancel a contract for a voice role in the sequel to 2006’s animated musical Happy Feet.

A month earlier, Murphy had been allegedly fired from the set of the upcoming independent thriller The Caller and replaced by Twilight star Rachelle Lefevre, the Entertainment Weekly reported on its website Thursday.

Any claim that Warner Bros. Pictures was somehow responsible for Brittany Murphy’s tragic death is demonstrably false, reprehensible, and defamatory, a Warner Bros representative said in a statement.

Despite press reports to the contrary, Warner Bros. Pictures and Ms. Murphy never entered into any deal for Happy Feet 2, and thus, there was no contract to cancel, he said.

When reached for comment, a representative for Monjack said he will not be discussing his potential lawsuit further at this time, according to the weekly.

http://blog.taragana.com/law/2010/01/28/brittany-murphys-widower-to-sue-warner-bros-over-her-death-19839/

It appears to me Simon Monjack lost his meal ticket when his wife passed on, and now is looking into the deep pockets of Warner Bros.  I see he's got a potential lawsuit and am wondering if Mr. Monjack's thinking is Warner Bros. will come up with a settlement to avoid long and costly litigation, even though Mr. Monjack may not have a legal leg to stand on.  Is is about the money Mr. Monjack or is it really your concern your wife was wronged by Warner Brothers?  Maybe Mr. Monjack is responsible for some of Brittany Murphy's stress.  Was their marriage happy?  I read in another post/article about the many meds that were on her nightstand.  Was she given too many meds? I don't mean as an overdose, but that was a LOT of meds sitting there, and some look like to be the type that has to do with mood.    Is Simon Monjack going to sue the doctors?   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:23 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpps/entertainment/celebrity_news/coroner-pneumonia-drugs-killed-brittany-murphy-jgr_3219460
Pneumonia, drugs killed Brittany Murphy
The death was ruled accidental

Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:17 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:40 AM CST

* By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer

Brittany Murphy died from pneumonia, but anemia and prescription drugs also played a role, coroner's officials said Thursday.

The primary cause of death was community-acquired pneumonia, with contributing factors of iron deficiency anemia and "multiple drug intoxication," according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

The death was ruled accidental.

Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey declined to specify what types of drugs were involved but said they were all prescription medications. Details about the drugs the "Clueless" and "8 Mile" star had in her system will be released in several weeks when a complete report is done.

Murphy died Dec. 20 at age 32 after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home. Her mother and husband have said the actress didn't abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.

Attempts to reach them for further comment were not immediately successful Thursday.

Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, told investigators the actress had been experiencing flu-like symptoms in the days before she died.

Monjack told The Associated Press last month that his wife did take several prescriptions, including an anti-seizure drug, but did not abuse the medications.

He said she had been taking over-the-counter Robitussin for her recent sickness.

A memorial for a foundation in Brittany Murphy's name that had been planned for Thursday was abruptly canceled with no explanation.

Dr. Michael Baden, the former chief medical examiner in New York City, said the coroner's determination indicated drugs probably played a key role in Murphy's death.

"If she died of pneumonia, that cause of death is a natural cause," Baden said. He said the use of some prescription medications can lead to pneumonia, and that the coroner's office may have listed that as the primary cause to lessen the blow to Murphy's family.

"It sounds more like it's a drug-related than a natural pulmonary pneumonia," said Baden, who did not work on the Murphy case but has served as an expert witness in numerous high-profile deaths.

He said the quantities and types of drugs Murphy was taking is key to understanding how she died, as well as how recently she saw a doctor.

"One doesn't die of pneumonia, usually, that quickly," Baden said. He also said downplayed the role anemia may have played in Murphy's death.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:40:05 AM »

Brittany Murphy’s Husband Simon Monjack Found Dead
Monday, May 24, 2010
By admin

Simon Monjack, the husband of Brittany Murphy, was found dead in Los Angeles just five months after his wife’s death.

His death is being listed as a result of a heart attack. According to police there are still investigators at the scene.

Simon Monjack is a British-born screenwriter who is best-known for his screenplay ‘Factory Girl.’

Monjack’s body was found in the same home where Murphy’s was, five months after her death.

Monjack had a history of heart problems which he spoke to a reporter about after his wife’s death.

“I suffer from seizures. I had a heart attack coming back from Puerto Rico last year,” he said at the time.

Simon Monjack was 39 years old.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/briefs/brittany-murphys-husband-simon-monjack-found-dead/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpps/entertainment/celebrity_news/actress-brittany-murphys-husband-found-dead-jgr_3376031
Brittany Murphy's husband found dead
Five months after the Hollywood actress died

May 24, 2010

In this Nov. 1, 2007 file photo, actress Brittany Murphy, right, and husband, writer Simon Monjack, left, attend the BAFTA/LA Cunard Britannia Awards in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Dan Steinberg, File)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The husband of Brittany Murphy was found dead at his Los Angeles home late Sunday, five months after the Hollywood actress died, police said.

The preliminary cause of the death of British screenwriter Simon Monjack is natural causes, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano told The Associated Press.

"We concluded there no signs of foul play or any criminal activity involved," said Sgt. Alex Ortiz, another police spokesman.

Firefighters responding to an emergency call from a woman at 9:40 p.m. found the 39-year-old Monjack dead at the Hollywood Hills residence, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said. Ortiz said he didn't know who called. Monjack and Murphy had shared their home with Murphy's mother, Sharon.

Ortiz said that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office was taking over the investigation because criminal activity had been ruled out, and would provide more details later on the death and circumstances surrounding it.

At his wife's funeral in December, a visibly emotional Monjack talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007.

He had said that they had been planning a family and contemplating a move to New York.

Monjack is credited as producer and co-writer of the 2001 film "Two Days, Nine Lives" and executive producer of the 2006 "Factory Girl."

Murphy, best known for her major roles in "Clueless," ''Girl Interrupted," and "8 Mile" in 2002, died Dec. 20, at age 32 after collapsing in her home. The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Murphy's death was accidental, but likely preventable.

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20387913,00.html
Simon Monjack Was Due for Heart Bypass, Says Spokesman
May 24, 2020

Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack

Simon Monjack, who was found dead in the Hollywood home where he lived with Brittany Murphy's mother Sharon, had suffered heart trouble but had been putting off surgery.

"Simon needed a [heart] bypass," according to Roger Neal, a spokesman for Simon, Sharon and the Brittany Murphy Foundation. "I was told he needed a bypass, and I said to him, 'Simon, you have so much going on, let's keep you healthy.' I said, 'You want to be healthy. Don't you?' He said yes, but he said, 'The bypass can wait.' "

As for how serious Monjack’s condition was, Neal says, "I don't know how much of an emergency it was. The doctors would have made him get it immediately if he needed it, but Sharon confirmed with me he did need a bypass. They didn’t make it public because he had so much going on."

Monjack's had a history of health issues. In January, his mother, Linda Monjack, told PEOPLE that her son was "unwell” and that he had suffered "a slight heart attack" a week before Brittany’s death.

The firefighters who responded to Sharon Murphy's 911 call Sunday night reported that he may have suffered a heart attack, according to L.A. Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter. "We're not sure if it is natural causes or a possible accident," added Winter, "maybe because of the prescription medication found there."

In February, Monjack told PEOPLE that he had survived a battle with oral cancer. (Something of which his mom had claimed to have no knowledge.) He also noted that an anti-seizure medication found at the house at the time of Brittany's death was intended for his use, but she did not elaborate.

"If he had prescription medication, I believe that's all it was," Neal tells PEOPLE. "I don't believe he had an overdose ... As far as empty bottles, I don't know anything about that. If you have a heart condition you're going to have prescription medication for yourself. You're going to be on some kind of medicine."

In addition to planning a trip to Europe with Sharon Murphy, Monjack had been helping to arrange a gala to launch the Brittany Murphy Foundation in September.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 04:01:26 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639859/20100524/story.jhtml
Brittany Murphy And Simon Monjack: A History Of Their Romance
Late actress and screenwriter, who married in 2007, died within five months of each other.

May 24, 2010

On its surface, it was an unusual romance to say the least. The twice-engaged beautiful young actress with the sometimes-spotty filmography and the frumpy British B-movie director/screenwriter with a history of financial struggles who faced deportation just months before their wedding.

Now, just over three years after the revelation of their secret April 2007 nuptials, Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack are dead, both having collapsed and passed away in the Hollywood home they shared with Murphy's mother. More...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »

Flippin' weird........

Husband Died from Same Causes as Brittany Murphy
7/21/2010 

Tests reveal Monjack and Murphy's deaths were very similar.

New discoveries have been made in the case of the death of the late Brittany Murphy’s husband, Simon Monjack.

The 40-year-old British screenwriter was found deceased in his and Murphy’s home on May 23rd. According to the coroner’s office, Monjack’s causes of death were the same as his wife’s; he had pneumonia. However, it was revealed that there were other contributing factors to the screenwriter’s death, including the presence of drug intoxication and anemia in his body.

Ed Winter, the Coroner Assistant Chief in Los Angeles, told CNN that Monjack died “just like Brittany.” Monjack’s family has requested that another test be carried out on his dead body before the release of a complete autopsy report. Winter went on to say that there were prescription drugs in Simon’s bloodstream, but not enough to kill him.

Simon Monjack passed away only five months after the 32-year-old Brittany Murphy was found dead.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/husband-died-same-causes-brittany-murphy-07-21-2010

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

Weirdamundo: Simon Monjack died of the same thing Brittany Murphy did

The late Brittany Murphy’s husband, UK born Simon Monjack, apparently died of exactly the same ailment as his wife.

How weird is that?! Sad of course, that goes without saying, but really, of all the things someone could conceivably die young from, how utterly bizarre that a young husband and wife die, months apart, of the same thing!

32 year old Brittany died last December of pneumonia, and “multiple drug intoxications” were understood to have been identified in her blood stream.

Then in May, 39 year old Monjack was found dead in the couple’s Hollywood home, and autopsy reports now made public reveal that he too died of acute pneumonia.

And it was added that there were some quantities of prescription drugs in his system, but they were not thought to be contributory factors.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told CNN that Monjack’s death was, "Just like Brittany.”

Brittany’s mother, Sharon Murphy, said of Monjack’s death, "I am still in shock and mourning over the deaths of my daughter Brittany and son-in-law Simon.

"It is with great relief that Simon's preliminary autopsy findings have been released, so the media speculations can stop…

“As I was sure of, just like my daughter Brittany, there was no kind of drug overdose.

"I am calling on the media to stop the reckless innuendos that my daughter and son-in-law misused any kind of prescription medications.

"Thank you to the thousands of people who have sent letters and emails letting me know I am in their thoughts and prayers. I am getting stronger every day."

It’s understood that Monjack was buried with Brittany at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles last week.

People.com report that a photo of the couple was placed in Monjack's coffin, and the ceremony concluded with a recording of Brittany – accompanied by Monjack on piano – singing ‘Smile.’

The Murphy family’s representative, Roger Neal, told People, "It was Simon's wish to be laid to rest next to her [Brittany].

"Sharon was very strong and spoke and about how much she loved Simon, and how now Simon and Brittany are together...

“She told them, 'I'll miss you my babies.'"

http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/weirdamundo-simon-monjack-died-of-the-same-thing-brittany-murphy-did

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/13/4185945/brittany-murphys-father-sues-coroner.html#storylink=omni_popular
Brittany Murphy's father sues coroner over death investigation
By ANGEL JENNINGS
Los Angeles Times
January 13, 2012

LOS ANGELES -- The father of the late actress Brittany Murphy is suing the Los Angeles Police Department and coroner's office for their investigation involving his daughter's death.

In the lawsuit, Angelo Bertolotti claims that the police and Los Angeles coroner's office failed to properly investigate the circumstances surrounding the actress' untimely death two years ago. The coroner determined Murphy suffered from "community-acquired pneumonia" and "iron deficiency anemia."

Her death was ruled an accident and the result of drug intoxication.

Bertolotti believes Murphy's moldy home is to blame. Coroner's officials said they ruled out that possibility during its investigation.

"He's grieving his daughter's death," said Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter. "I don't blame him (for filing the suit)."

Bertolotti claims the coroner refused repeated requests to test Murphy's hair for poisons, toxins or heavy metal. He is now seeking to access the specimens so he can have an independent lab conduct a toxicology test.
 ::snipping2::
Murphy, best known for her role in "Clueless," passed out in her Hollywood Hills home on Dec. 20, 2009, after experiencing flu-like symptoms. She was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Five months later, her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, mysteriously died. Like Murphy, his autopsy report concluded pneumonia and anemia caused his death.

Bertolotti and Brittany's mom, Sharon Murphy, believe toxic mold in their daughter's home killed the couple. Last year, the family settled with the home's builders over its defects, and agreed not to sue the builders in connection with Murphy's death. Sharon Murphy filed a suit in December against her lawyers for malpractice, claiming they tricked her into settling.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.