April 27, 2024, 05:30:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #567 12/30 - 1/1/2007  (Read 103605 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Sue, I'm not a lawyer, but my opinion is that since they filed in the US, yes, they would have to come here to testify, if they pursue the suit.

The thing with Greta is interesting. She is not a prosecutor, and she is not a newscaster exclusively for Natalee's case. I honestly don't think she was adequately prepared for the interview with Joran. There were questions this board would have put to Joran, and answers that would have been followed up with more questions, that would have changed the tenor of it. At the very least, there would be a record of his answers that would have defined the walls of his own corner. There is plenty of paint available if only KJ would pick up a brush!

Greta has a tendancy, in all cases, to be what she is: a defense attorney and a far, far, left liberal. Those things aren't inherantly good or bad, but you can bet her "starting box" will be to want to believe a defendant and she won't easily be moved from that position without hard, tangible, evidence. In the grey area, where I would recognize the entire picture of circumstantial evidence, she sees each piece alone and is able to formulate and consider all possibilities for explaination with equal weight. That's why, particularly in this case the devil is in the details. I don't think Greta was in command of all the details and she certainly had not meshed them into a single whole for conclusion. Lastly, Greta is a softy by nature, in my opinion. She's "fair" , literally to a fault. There was a young guy in front of her, accepting responsibility for lying about the HI, obviously "devoted" to his family, presenting himself as desperate to get the "truth" out and even defying his parent's advice, to do that. While we were scrutinizing the blothches in his face, Greta was hearing Joran's "sincerity". And don't underestimate Joran. He lies well.

I think Beth is simply grateful for the continued coverage Greta has provided. That's one of the few avenues Beth has to help keep any pressure on and hope alive. I think Beth's worst fear is that Aruba will succeed at it's efforts to make this case disappear. Greta's nature is applied to Beth as well as Joran, and that "softy" side really would like to help Beth find closure. Greta has been one of the best, if not the best in MSM, to cover it. That's been mutually beneficial to them.

Greta's damge done, IMO, is not as much what she did, although I think it was extremely unproffessional of her to render an opinion to the viewing audience, but in the omissions in a rare opportunity to strengthen the case against Joran. That interview was not behind closed doors, and could not have been manipulated. Greta's "On The Record" had potential. She, and ultimately Beth, missed it.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2006, 02:13:05 PM »

BTW
For those of you that only use media player but cant listen to the show live.
I have tested media player and a downloaded show. Media player does play the show fine.
So if you cant listen live but still want to listen
Go to www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio download the show or commentary you want to listen to. Then add it to the play list of your windows media player, or use open file with older versions of windows media player. Then you will be abale to listen to the show.

Hope this helps

Dana
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 02:27:32 PM »

CBB here's that image you were trying to get incase you missed my previous post of it.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

Carnut,

That's really cute, but is there something wrong with the back of the baby's diaper that caused you to censor it?  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Carnut, if I knew how to tip that silver hat to you, I would!!!!

Wow! Thank You!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »

Beth was making plans to do a big swing throughout the country with the support of law enforcement in the USA.

Greta met someone in the airport whose number she got and later that evening they talked for an extended period of time.

The Refugees were proposing all kinds of wild scenarios and sending Greta information about how Paulus was getting mail from Natalee, etc.

Beth broke her leg.

Greta scored an interview with Joran based on that someone who she met in the aiport with whom she talked for an extended period.

Greta called Beth just as she was about to take her cast off and hit the road and told her that she now believes Joran, not Beth.  Beth was very hurt when she received this call which knocked the wind out of her sails and almost derailed her tour.

Then we learned that Sprong and Tacopino were in the picture.

I am not going to speculate here what happened, but I have an idea and I have an idea that Beth no longer trusts Greta, because she has seen the real Greta.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
BTW
For those of you that only use media player but cant listen to the show live.
I have tested media player and a downloaded show. Media player does play the show fine.
So if you cant listen live but still want to listen
Go to www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio download the show or commentary you want to listen to. Then add it to the play list of your windows media player, or use open file with older versions of windows media player. Then you will be abale to listen to the show.

Hope this helps

Dana
Hello Monkeys! Dana, I downloaded and listened to the show! Great show as always, thanks much!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 02:41:18 PM »

BTgirl, I have added you father to my prayer list.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
BTgirl, I have added you father to my prayer list.

Thanks very much, Elaine. I really appreciate it.

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 02:43:41 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Carnut,

That's really cute, but is there something wrong with the back of the baby's diaper that caused you to censor it?  Laughing  Laughing

Ah, not sure what you are getting at, I just provided a link to the image that CBB was trying to get.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

On Greta in what may have been the first interview after Greta's LoveFest with Joran, the chill I detected was from Beth to Greta.

Greta said "It's nice to see you, Beth."  And Beth replied, "Thank you, Greta."

She did NOT say, "It's nice to see you, too."  Normally a southerner would say that automatically without thinking.  I think Beth thought to not say it.  Not quite southern cussin' but close.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 02:46:19 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
On Greta in what may have been the first interview after Greta's LoveFest with Joran, the chill I detected was from Beth to Greta.

Greta said "It's nice to see you, Beth."  And Beth replied, "Thank you, Greta."

She did NOT say, "It's nice to see you, too."  Normally a southerner would say that automatically without thinking.  I think Beth thought to not say it.  Not quite southern cussin' but close.

If Greta indeed did call Beth, as in Tyler's post, to say she beleives Joran, that was tacky, very tacky.....a backstabbing thing to do IMO
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 02:47:29 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Carnut,

Ah, not sure what you are getting at, I just provided a link to the image that CBB was trying to get.

When I look at your post, Carnut, I see a baby that turns. However, when it's back is to me, it's diaper is covered by a black rectangle. Do you suppose my new laptop is demon possessed or something?

I Stand With The Girl
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »

As far as Greta's coverage .....Greta's motivation is ratings.
It was quite a thing for her to interview Joran. Was Joran paid ?
I don't think he did it for nothing regardless what Greta says. Money could have been paid to the Sloots and how would anyone know ?
There will be a response to the Dr. Phil lawsuit and until then we're just guessing. Doubt if there will be a trial. The response has to be filed within 30 days, read somewhere Jan 20 ?
When the Kalpoes see the respose, they will make a decision.
I do expect an offer to be made to settle out of court and accepted.
Not for the ten million, but a lesser amount. Why ? Dr. Phil is going to be on trial also and his reputation would be more damaged by a trial and full media coverage. Less damaging and cheaper to just give them some money with not alot of details. Like a non disclosure settlement.
I am not in love with the media personalities who covered this case
and their motivation is not to solve or explore but to gain ratings.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2006, 02:51:22 PM »

Carnut,

When I look at your post, Carnut, I see a baby that turns. However, when it's back is to me, it's diaper is covered by a black rectangle. Do you suppose my new laptop is demon possessed or something?

No black thing for me.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

Carnut,

Dunno, not my doing, looks like different kinds of graphics processors, I don't see any triangle.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »

not quite southern cussin,I have blood fueds over less.I think greta was wrong.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I don't think he did it for nothing regardless what Greta says. Money could have been paid to the Sloots and how would anyone know ?
There will be a response to the Dr. Phil lawsuit and until then we're just guessing. Doubt if there will be a trial. The response has to be filed within 30 days, read somewhere Jan 20 ?
Not for the ten million, but a lesser amount. Why ? Dr. Phil is going to be on trial also and his reputation would be more damaged by a trial and full media coverage. Less damaging and cheaper to just give them some money with not alot of details. Like a non disclosure settlement.

Dunno, I don't see any offers being made, I see the 2K's forfeiting or withdrawing the case.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Dunno, I don't see any offers being made, I see the 2K's forfeiting or withdrawing the case.
I hope no offers are made. Hate to see those scoundrels get a penny!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2006, 02:56:42 PM »

There's nothing on the back for me either.

Klaas?  I didn't start this, Carnut did!  Laughing

BUT, I found a background very similar to the one that was on the original, and I never have figured out how to put a background on animation. Sometimes, when I apply the animation to a background, the animation changes to a stillframe. ANYWAY, if I give you a link to a background, can you put that turning baby on it? Or tell me how?

(Thanks again, Carnut).  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.