April 27, 2024, 05:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #567 12/30 - 1/1/2007  (Read 103608 times)
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2006, 03:02:09 PM »

Good morning to

BTgirl--Hope your dad is still doing okay this morning.  

Carnut -- good job on the baby.  No black thingy here.

Cat-- Your posts are so original, but sometimes I have to read them a couple of times before I "get it"  Smile

crazybabyborg -- Good job on all the New Years avi's

Elaine, thanks for continuing to post the links to the Caribbean papers.  wish more would print in English

Kat_Gram --  Your posts always make me think a bit as you seem to have a little different perspective on lots of things.

Snoopy -- I am so sorry to hear of your sister's passing and my heart truly hurts for you and your family.

Mrs. Red -- Does anyone know how her father is doing?

klaasend -- You have outdone yourself on helping everybody with their New Year's finery.

Peaches -- Hope you are still doing well after that last round of chemo.

and tcumom -- How are you this morning?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2006, 03:02:12 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
There's nothing on the back for me either.

Klaas?  I didn't start this, Carnut did!  Laughing

BUT, I found a background very similar to the one that was on the original, and I never have figured out how to put a background on animation. Sometimes, when I apply the animation to a background, the animation changes to a stillframe. ANYWAY, if I give you a link to a background, can you put that turning baby on it? Or tell me how?

(Thanks again, Carnut).  Wink

Ah, don't know about the adding a background but if you do, why not use the original?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »

Yes, we are just guessing until we see Dr Phil's response and also what he does.  

He is full cover of Good Housekeeping, very high profile right now.  I don't think he will make offer unless his insurance forces him to do so.  Last time he discussed this, he was in victim mode.  His attitude I think will be Look at all I did to try to help and this is the thanks I get.

He did send Skeeters and another investigator to Mexico looking for any Americans, etc. and paid Skeeters for the interview, etc. and I am sure has spent quite a bit of money already on this.  I think he will make himself look like the good guy and the Kalpoes murdering scoundrels trying to make a fast buck.

I don't think this will hurt his reputation one bit but in fact enhance it.  I think he will come across as a person trying to do good and being punished for it by greeds bastages.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

That's the link I was offering Klass, Carnut!  Laughing

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Background_snow_2.gif

They've done something to "fire" the twinkles though. That's just fine. I put a still of the animation on that background, and it changed the color of the first layer. I can't get the animation to work with it. See?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

That's the link I was offering Klass, Carnut!  Laughing

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Background_snow_2.gif

They've done something to "fire" the twinkles though. That's just fine. I put a still of the animation on that background, and it changed the color of the first layer. I can't get the animation to work with it. See?

Yep, I see, sorry I don't do animations, I just do internet stuff, hope Klaas can help you out or you figure it out for yourself.

Just thought background was another layer below the animation.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2006, 03:13:01 PM »

Remember someone posted the law that makes an exception for members of the media when recording someone?  The same law that allows Jossy to tape Dompig with or without permission grants Skeeters the same right because according to the suit filed by Kalpoes, he is a member of the media by his employment by Dr. Phil.

So right off the bat, they are at a disadvantage in this regard.  It doesn't matter if permission was given or not.  Almost all the suit is what Beth did and attempting to blame Dr. Phil for the actions of another person which is not going to work well in U.S. court because Dr. Phil has no control over other people and the intent has to be proven.  Dr. Phil himself said almost nothing really negative on air about the suspects.  Others did but not him personally.

I don't think they have much of a case, the Kalpoes, and I sure hope Phil fights it.  I doubt Court TV will cover it given all the connections to Steve Cohen, Joey T and the plaintiffs.  No way are they going to if it makes the suspects look bad and I can't imagine how it could do otherwise.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »

Hi appeals! Nice to see you, and you're all decked out to welcome the New Year!

Tyler, that was an excellent accounting of events. Yep, there's some "between the lines" filling in to do. But you've supplied the structure to hang it on.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »

Carnut, as far as I know, you're absolutely right: background is just another layer behind the animation. That's why I don't have a clue as to why it sometimes affects other layers.

I am NO expert on any of it! You should use the turning baby for an avatar, Carnut. If we can figure out putting it a background, we'll give you the completed project!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2006, 03:19:53 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
not quite southern cussin,I have blood fueds over less.I think greta was wrong.Cat

Me, too, Cat, and if you know the person and their family well, next question better be How's your mama and them, lol, lol, lol.   Very Happy

Guess that is why I noticed the slight in the first place.   Wink
We do have traditions and standards.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

Anna -- didn't mean to slight you when I came on board.  You were not showing up as logged on?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2006, 03:24:58 PM »

CBB - I'm not sure about the background and I don't have time to mess with it right now.  I'll see what I can do later today.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »

I would LIKE Dr. Phil and his entourage to fight this to the death.
I would buy tickets to see a trial ! !
Phil is at the top of his game right now. There would be opinions that say that he did sensationalize the show if there is coverage via a court case that goes to trial.
Then Phil answers to the production company and their lawyers and an insurance compnay.
My guess is that they will come out very strong in their response to almost make the Kalpoes accept a small offer.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2006, 03:27:11 PM »

Oh Klaas, whenever is just fine! Thank you so much for taking the trouble at all!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2006, 03:27:15 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
As far as Greta's coverage .....Greta's motivation is ratings.
It was quite a thing for her to interview Joran. Was Joran paid ?
I don't think he did it for nothing regardless what Greta says. Money could have been paid to the Sloots and how would anyone know ?
There will be a response to the Dr. Phil lawsuit and until then we're just guessing. Doubt if there will be a trial. The response has to be filed within 30 days, read somewhere Jan 20 ?
When the Kalpoes see the respose, they will make a decision.
I do expect an offer to be made to settle out of court and accepted.
Not for the ten million, but a lesser amount. Why ? Dr. Phil is going to be on trial also and his reputation would be more damaged by a trial and full media coverage. Less damaging and cheaper to just give them some money with not alot of details. Like a non disclosure settlement.
I am not in love with the media personalities who covered this case
and their motivation is not to solve or explore but to gain ratings.

Bear in mind, however, that Harpo has already undergone scrutiny of press coverage and a trial and what did it do to Oprah's ratings?  She gained viewership because she was right.   It was her right to freedom of speech to do and say what she said.  I did not agree with what she said, but supported her right to say it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »

FWIW, I think Skeeters and his firm have tendered their defense to the attorneys for Dr. Phil, et al, and that Dr. Phil's lawyers will be running the show.  I think Dr. Phil will see the suit through far enough to find out what evidence will be coming out through discovery before any decisions are made about paying off the Kilpoes to go away.  JMO.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 03:28:03 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I would LIKE Dr. Phil and his entourage to fight this to the death.
I would buy tickets to see a trial ! !
Phil is at the top of his game right now. There would be opinions that say that he did sensationalize the show if there is coverage via a court case that goes to trial.
Then Phil answers to the production company and their lawyers and an insurance compnay.
My guess is that they will come out very strong in their response to almost make the Kalpoes accept a small offer.

Save me a seat, too! I would pay a lot to see it!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 03:28:58 PM »

Gotta run. BBL!
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »

Guess I'll go get some chores done.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »

Quote from: "Appeals"
FWIW, I think Skeeters and his firm have tendered their defense to the attorneys for Dr. Phil, et al, and that Dr. Phil's lawyers will be running the show.  I think Dr. Phil will see the suit through far enough to find out what evidence will be coming out through discovery before any decisions are made about paying off the Kalpoes to go away.  JMO.

No problem not seeing me, Appeals.  I often feel invisible here, lol!

I would agree with what you posted above if not for the fact that advice on jury selection is Dr. Phil's forte and how he met Oprah and all of that.  I am sure you will recall he used to have a consulting firm for just this and I think he will relish getting involved.

I am sure he had a say in encouraging Oprah in her suit with the Cattleman's Assoc. and she fought it and won.  Wasn't it also for defamation?  So he helped select the jury there and is familiar with ins and outs of defamation.  And like that case, this one would never be on TV but Klaas just happens to live nearby.  She might have to be our eyes and ears for that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »

Speaking of being invisible, in the last thread I asked how to turn off Internet Explorer as it loads automatically when I turn on the computer.  How can I have the computer on without IE?

No one even responded at all.   Sad

Guess I will just leave it on and go do chores.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.