April 25, 2024, 06:45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ERIC WILLIAMS - DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENT - DEA  (Read 31905 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »

Hi msmarple

It was Kermit's attempt at humor.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2010, 12:08:10 AM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »

So, Kermie provided the photo, with the inscription.

I *assume* that the inscription part is a joke, but the photo IS supposed to be Williams?

(I don't want the inscription/joke to detract from my original "crumb" - in that photo, Williams doesn't look "dark colored" to me.)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »

I *assume* that the inscription part is a joke, but the photo IS supposed to be Williams?

(I don't want the inscription/joke to detract from my original "crumb" - in that photo, Williams doesn't look "dark colored" to me.)

That man is very fair skinned.  I like the theory of Resigned at RU that the man claiming to be Eric
Williams, when he introduced himself to Paul Lily, was actually Andre dos Santos, Sr.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2010, 02:44:23 AM »

FBI has dispatched a team to Aruba to help with the search
June 3, 2005: Carmen Adams with FBI
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&from=truveo&vid=8862bbe6-b715-46ac-997d-e62a770374ea

FACT:(I can provide evidence of this being a fact if need be for a court of law)
Eric Williams is a legit DEA agent and was interviewed by 2 FBI guys

On JULY 22, 20005 Julia Renfro ran a photo of Eric Williams in her newspaper.
THIS IS THE VERY DAY THAT BETH ANNOUNCED THE $1 MILLION DOLLAR REWARD.
Eric disappeared - doesn't take much to figure out why.

July 22, 2005: ONE MILLION DOLLAR REWARD OFFERED:
Video of Jug and Beth on Greta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8Pg-92D-M

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 02:45:43 AM »

That man is very fair skinned.  I like the theory of Resigned at RU that the man claiming to be Eric
Williams, when he introduced himself to Paul Lily, was actually Andre dos Santos, Sr.

wanna cookie Miss Magnolia

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2010, 03:40:08 AM »

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »

Okay, I would like to back up to my first post about this (P. 3 of this thread).

I just read this thread for the first time. Thank You! Janet for pulling it together; great job.

I don't have much to contribute, just a few passing thoughts ...

* How did "DEA" became "FBI" in so many of these quotes? Did Williams ever TELL anyone he was "FBI" (instead of "DEA")? Are folks on Aruba inclined to let one morph into the other in their minds? Perhaps "DEA" is as familiar to them as "FBI" because of drug traffic, but still, it seems odd.

* One Page 1 of this thread, there's a quote from Paulus VDS's 6/23 statement; I'm only including a short portion here:

Paulus van der Sloot – Suspect Statement – June 23, 2005

When we arrived at the Holiday Inn there was a dark coloured man there standing with folded arms who later introduced himself as WILLIAMS from the F.B.I.

Dark-colored man? The man in the photo doesn't look very dark to me.

Is this worth a red flag? Or just the lighting (looks like daylight) of the photo?

Guess I'm wondering if we've pegged the right man as "Eric Williams."

(I will say that I have long had the impression that Williams was African-American, or at any rate "dark-colored." However, I don't recall why I think that.)

P.S. - Notice, in that same quote, Paulus says that Williams introduced himself as FBI ...

Again, nice job Janet. As always.

So the photo came from Julia's rag. And the caption identifies him as "Williams" of the "FBI."

Please note the above quote from Paulus's statement; a "dark colored man" who introduced himself as "Williams" of the FBI.

We do KNOW that a man Beth knew as Eric Williams of the DEA was with them that first night, including at the VDS door step.

Is this an Aruba thing -- DEA = FBI?

Dark-colored man? As I said, I had that impression as well, but I don't remember WHY.

Julia's citation might be entirely incorrect; I don't trust much she puts out there.

No idea about the Paul Lily encounter. Did someone introduce himself as Eric Williams of the FBI to Paul Lily? Why would Resigned think that person was dos Santos Sr instead of a U.S. federal agent?

I do take everyone's word that Eric Williams IS a DEA agent, that he met with the family that first night, also chaperone Lily at the HI, (unfortunately IMO) arranged the meet-up with Chas Croes, and was in the VDS front yard with the posse.

(I have read both Beth's and Dave's books.)

I just don't understand how this agent morphed from DEA to FBI, and I don't understand how a "dark colored man" became the fair fellow in that photo.

The photo just startled me - jumped out at me - because as I've mentioned, I've long thought that Williams was OTHER than Caucasian. That PVDS quote was just a handy reference; don't think it's the only time I've seen that or something similar.

I am just confused, and in the long run, it really doesn't matter. I'm just saying that Julia might have been wrong; it wouldn't be the first or last time that happened.

And of course Paulus might have been wrong, too. Lighting probably not very good out there in the yard. But that's a stretch when you think about it - an odd mistake - and still, the FBI part?

I appreciate y'all chiming in on this - Kermit, Magnolia, Tamikosmom.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:58 AM »

Hold the phone.

I just re-read that caption.

That caption doesn't identify him by name. Just says "FBI."

Kermit - How do we know it's supposed to be Williams? What am I missing?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »

msmarple

Both Jug and Beth claim the FBI obtained statements from Eric Williams.  This would imply that Eric Williams was the one officially assigned to represent Beth and Jug in the hours following their arrival on the Island.

Janet

++++++

ldstlou
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #715 1/25 - 1/29/08
« Reply #925 on: January 29, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »

7) Did anyone ever see the DEA agent's ID?

Jug: The FBI took a statement from him

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2539.msg333731#msg333731

Kermit
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #827 12/9/09 -
« Reply #800 on: December 21, 2009, 06:40:22 PM
»

Beth said: He was a legit DEA agent and was interviewed by 2 FBI guys

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6448.msg1041244;topicseen#msg1041244

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

ERIC WILLIAMS – FBI DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENT

It was Natalee Holloway’s uncle who began the chain of events that dictated that Eric Williams … FBI/Drug Enforcement Agent …  would be waiting at the Holliday Inn with Paul Lily … chaperone … upon Beth and Jug’s arrival on the Island.
_____

private eye
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #716 1/29 -
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »

When I called the Monday when Beth was first notified that Natalee was missing, I called 3 FBI locations, Wahington DC, and then a neighboring island, I can't spell it but it was Car? where we have a US office. This was about 1:00PM Monday or so, and one of those offices explained that we had no presence in Aruba, but that we happened to have a US agent there of some kind, I really can't remember the exact type, but that they would contact him, advise him of the situation, I told them that a chaperone was still there, and they assured me he would be ables to assist Beth. This was before Beth even got to Birmingham, she was outside of Memphis.

That is why I have always thought this guy was legit, because I expected him to be there. To be honest, I didn't talk to Beth personally before she got to Aruba, I was left a message with my family, and I didn't talk to her for some time after she got to Aruba.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2548.msg334092;topicseen#msg334092

BUMPED

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »

Beth does question in Loving Natalee whether the name "Eric Williams" was legit but justifies why a false name may have been given.  If "Eric Williams" was working undercover ... this could explain why he abruptly left the scenario as quickly as he came.

Although I am troubled that Charles Croes refers to "Eric Williams" as a "Major Friend" ... I no longer take a firm position that "Eric Williams" was a participant in abetting the van der Sloots on the morning of May 31, 2005.  In other words ... I am on the fence.

Janet

++++++

Page 55:
  Last night's meeting with the DEA agent would be the last time we would see him.  I was told he was just on the island "on vacation," but considering his line of work, I have to wonder about that.  Even wondered if the name he gave us was really his.  None of that matters.  I'm just thankful he was here when he was to help us get the ball rolling by directing us to go to Carlos 'n Charlie's, and helping us with the encounter in the van der Sloot front yard.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »

Major Friend?

Could it be that the DEA Eric William and Telecomunications agent Charles Croes did not have a "major" friendship ... only a professional relationship?

++++++

ldstlou

2)Do you know who called in Charles Croes that first night?

Jug: Eric Williams

3)Could it have been the DEA agent?

Jug: yes

Charles Croes  - On the Record w/ Greta - June 30, 2005

CHARLES CROES: A major friend of mine called me up. He was working with Natalee's mom to help them find Natalee.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why would he call you? What is your occupation that would be a reason he would call you?

C. CROES: Well, I have a sail (cell) rental company. And there was apparently a phone call made. And he was calling me betting or hoping that the phone call was made from one of our phones, and so that's why he called me.

VAN SUSTEREN: About what time did he call you?

C. CROES: He called me at 11:30.

VAN SUSTEREN: What did he say to you?

C. CROES: He told me that he needed my help. And I asked him what it was about. And he told me that it had to do something with a cell phone. And I didn't relate it to anything but work at that point.

C. CROES: ,,, And then he said, "There is a possibility that a phone call was made using one of our phones." And I said, "OK." And he said, "It's very, very important." I said, "Fine," and I asked him to go into further details, and he did. And then I made arrangements to go see him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161233,00.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »

msmarple

I know that I speak from a period in time when the complexion of Canada was predominately white but ... the above image is Tamikosmom's definition of "Tall, Dark and Handsome".

Have a good Saturday.

Janet

_____

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »

As I stated, I don't doubt ANYTHING about "Eric Williams" that we think we know. Again, I've read Beth's book, how she described that night as it went down, and I believe every word of it.

My POINT (and I do have one, two actually) --

1. I'm just not sure that's a picture of him.

2. The constant references to him as "FBI" instead of "DEA" are bugging me.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »

msmarple

You do have a valid point.  How do we know for certainty that the image is that of the DEA agent who met with Jug and Beth following their arrival on the Island?  How do we know for a certainty that the DEA agent's was not as Paulus declared ... "colored"?

Nevertheless ... according to Jug, Beth and Natalee's uncle ... it would appear the DEA was legit.  I can only assume that Beth is speaking from a foundation of knowledge when she upholds the DEA agent her book which was published in the Fall of 2007.

There were FBI agents who came to the Island very early in the Natalee Holloway investigation with the intention of assisting.  Could it be the above image is one of them?  Think about it.  There were apparently FBI present when the security guards were apprehended on June 5, 2005.

Janet

++++++

Searchers comb Aruba after police charge two suspects
Posted 6/6/2005 10:14 AM     Updated 6/6/2005 1:00 PM

Two security guards from a hotel near where Holloway was staying were arrested Sunday. Aruban police in unmarked cars accompanied by FBI agents arrested the suspects, ages 30 and 28, during a pre-dawn raid.

An AP photographer watched as the rumpled men — one from the De Vuiyst housing project for poorer islanders and another from an average home in southeast San Nicolas — emerged without resistance, hands cuffed behind their backs.

Police searched the homes and emerged with what looked like a metal safe deposit box and a garbage bag of clothing.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-06-06-aruba-monday_x.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »

Kermit

Is Eric Williams identified in the printed words under the image?

Ribbit

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »

Okay, I would like to back up to my first post about this (P. 3 of this thread).

I just read this thread for the first time. Thank You! Janet for pulling it together; great job.

I don't have much to contribute, just a few passing thoughts ...

* How did "DEA" became "FBI" in so many of these quotes? Did Williams ever TELL anyone he was "FBI" (instead of "DEA")? Are folks on Aruba inclined to let one morph into the other in their minds? Perhaps "DEA" is as familiar to them as "FBI" because of drug traffic, but still, it seems odd.

* One Page 1 of this thread, there's a quote from Paulus VDS's 6/23 statement; I'm only including a short portion here:

Paulus van der Sloot – Suspect Statement – June 23, 2005

When we arrived at the Holiday Inn there was a dark coloured man there standing with folded arms who later introduced himself as WILLIAMS from the F.B.I.

Dark-colored man? The man in the photo doesn't look very dark to me.

Is this worth a red flag? Or just the lighting (looks like daylight) of the photo?

Guess I'm wondering if we've pegged the right man as "Eric Williams."

(I will say that I have long had the impression that Williams was African-American, or at any rate "dark-colored." However, I don't recall why I think that.)

P.S. - Notice, in that same quote, Paulus says that Williams introduced himself as FBI ...

Again, nice job Janet. As always.

So the photo came from Julia's rag. And the caption identifies him as "Williams" of the "FBI."

Please note the above quote from Paulus's statement; a "dark colored man" who introduced himself as "Williams" of the FBI.

We do KNOW that a man Beth knew as Eric Williams of the DEA was with them that first night, including at the VDS door step.

Is this an Aruba thing -- DEA = FBI?

Dark-colored man? As I said, I had that impression as well, but I don't remember WHY.

Julia's citation might be entirely incorrect; I don't trust much she puts out there.

No idea about the Paul Lily encounter. Did someone introduce himself as Eric Williams of the FBI to Paul Lily? Why would Resigned think that person was dos Santos Sr instead of a U.S. federal agent?

I do take everyone's word that Eric Williams IS a DEA agent, that he met with the family that first night, also chaperone Lily at the HI, (unfortunately IMO) arranged the meet-up with Chas Croes, and was in the VDS front yard with the posse.

(I have read both Beth's and Dave's books.)

I just don't understand how this agent morphed from DEA to FBI, and I don't understand how a "dark colored man" became the fair fellow in that photo.

The photo just startled me - jumped out at me - because as I've mentioned, I've long thought that Williams was OTHER than Caucasian. That PVDS quote was just a handy reference; don't think it's the only time I've seen that or something similar.

I am just confused, and in the long run, it really doesn't matter. I'm just saying that Julia might have been wrong; it wouldn't be the first or last time that happened.

And of course Paulus might have been wrong, too. Lighting probably not very good out there in the yard. But that's a stretch when you think about it - an odd mistake - and still, the FBI part?

I appreciate y'all chiming in on this - Kermit, Magnolia, Tamikosmom.

I believe the pictures are of Agent Shipley.   Renfro said that she sold a house to Eric Williams
and he wa older and ready for retirement.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »

I believe that Jug and Beth's confirmation that the DEA agent who met with them immediately upon their arrival on the Island gave a statement to the the FBI implies that "Eric Williams" was sent as a result of the FBI contact made by Natalee Holloway's uncle.  (See PI's above post)

+++++++

Resigned Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

But Eric Williams was Aruba's ruse - no one from AL ever saw him again after the first night - if there is a pattern it would be coming from the Aruba side of "myths" - throwing out FBI/secretagents/CIA ops who will never be identified as props to a story.

resigned Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:58 pm

..... so is his real name Eric Williams or not - was he at the van der Sloot home, or not.

Is his name Dos Santos?

ldstlou

7) Did anyone ever see the DEA agent's ID?

Jug: The FBI took a statement from him

Kermit
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #827 12/9/09 -
« Reply #800 on: December 21, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »

Beth said: He was a legit DEA agent and was interviewed by 2 FBI guys

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6448.msg1041244;topicseen#msg1041244

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

I do not have an original date for the following submission to RU but ... it appears that Julia is attempting to distance herself from Julia by posting in the third person.  Jenna quoted/responded to Glenda's post on January 31, 2008.

Janet

+++++

jenna Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:43 pm

Glenda wrote:

Beth pointed The DEA agent out to Julia at the HI on June 1st and that FBI agents would be arriving later in the day to assist them in their search for Natalee. Julia was there and recognized him as a retired home owner.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.