April 18, 2024, 06:19:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 153008 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 11:10:28 PM »

dd, I'm double posting here and there.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »

I'm double posting too.  I am really digging and posting in WORK THREADS there, but putting what is necessary here.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 11:34:40 PM »

okay they spelled the road name wrong

it is coltons point not coltens point

O not E 

gee... let me go look again now

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

Quote from: skyecase
wow...

Driving directions to Avenue, MD
167 mi – about 3 hours 46 mins
Suggested routes

Salisbury, MD 

1. Head northwest toward W Locust St  289 ft
2. Turn left at W Locust St  417 ft
3. Take the 1st right onto Waverly Dr  0.1 mi
4. Turn left at E Carroll St  0.2 mi
5. Turn right at Riverside Dr  164 ft
6. Continue onto Mill St  0.1 mi
7. Turn left at Ocean Gateway/W Salisbury Pkwy/US-50 BUS W
Continue to follow Ocean Gateway/US-50 BUS W  2.7 mi
8. Merge onto US-50 W via the ramp to Cambridge  83.8 mi
9. Continue onto I-595 W  18.7 mi
10. Take exit 7A to merge onto I-495 S/I-95 S toward Richmond  11.5 mi
11. Take exit 7A to merge onto Branch Ave/MD-5 S toward Waldorf S
Continue to follow MD-5 S  12.7 mi
12. Turn left at Mattawoman Beantown Rd/MD-5 S  3.2 mi
13. Turn left at Leonardtown Rd/MD-5 S
Continue to follow MD-5 S  13.4 mi
14. Turn right at Thompsons Corner Rd  463 ft
15. Continue onto MD-236 S/Thompson Corner Rd  6.1 mi
16. Turn left at Budds Creek Rd/MD-234 E  4.0 mi
17. Turn right toward Maddox Rd  118 ft
18. Turn right at Maddox Rd  7.2 mi
19. Turn right at Colton Point Rd/MD-242  2.8 mi

Avenue, MD

[size=150]look where it is... weird.. why does he have that address... but that is with his father... hmmm
wonder if the son has a connection there? 
[/size]

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

that is a ways to go...

need to figure out how long after she went missing that they arrested him...

To find me:
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »

What is Colton's Point?

Could he have used a boat?  Cut the time?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »

here is the business

Quality Tops
xxxxxxxx phone
30461 Bennett Rd, Salisbury, MD 21804

so do they live there too? 

this is his Temporary Residence

it is showing his place of employment at: 

Employment Address : 21020 COLTEN'S POINT RD AVENUE MD 20609

so he works that far away???  and lives in a building at his fathers business???
hmmmm

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »

What is Colton's Point?

I had the same thought Klaas... look at the map above, the cut-across by boat might be a lot faster... but is there ICE??? I don't know if that area would be blocked by ice...

but... why is he working that far away??? is there a ferry across there? 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »

let me see if I can find info on that business... if they make the counter tops or if they use glass, or what...

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »

What is Colton's Point?

He could have used a boat, put off in Crisfield, Salisbury, or Cambridge.  However, weather conditions not good for that.

The Leggs business is on the same property as the residence.  The Leggs have lived on Bennett Road for many years.
I posted some phone numbers over there :>)
I also know he has a sister named Tonya Holland who supposedly have 3 small children and is supposedly a crack head and also has a record.  I have no personal info.
I believe his mother's name is Dorothy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »

What is Colton's Point?

I had the same thought Klaas... look at the map above, the cut-across by boat might be a lot faster... but is there ICE??? I don't know if that area would be blocked by ice...

but... why is he working that far away??? is there a ferry across there? 

no ferry across.  Lots of folks from the Eastern Shore work on the Western Shore as there is usually more work.  However, the location of his employment? near Leonardtown is almost as poor as our counties.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »

What is Colton's Point?

He could have used a boat, put off in Crisfield, Salisbury, or Cambridge.  However, weather conditions not good for that.

The Leggs business is on the same property as the residence.  The Leggs have lived on Bennett Road for many years.
I also know he has a sister named Tonya Holland who supposedly have 3 small children and is supposedly a crack head and also has a record.  I have no personal info.

Yeah, I read about Tonya Holland too.  Thanks for the info on the boat and weather.  Rarely is the weather so bad you can't go boating in Southern Calif    Sometimes I forget 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2009, 12:29:10 AM »

What is Colton's Point?

Yeah, I read about Tonya Holland too.  Thanks for the info on the boat and weather.  Rarely is the weather so bad you can't go boating in Southern Calif    Sometimes I forget 

Ok, rub it in because I am freezing.  There is still snow on the ground here and hundreds of miles of back roads.  Worcester County, the county east where Ocean City is has more back roads (no line down the middle) than just about any county in the state.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2009, 12:50:26 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2009, 01:11:14 AM »

Prayer vigil comment:

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/

Anonymous  Bob said...

I was there as well. I was overwhelmed by something that stood out. I saw people show up with candles and no way to light them. Then I saw strangers turn toward these people and use their candles to light those of people with whom they were unfamiliar. This happened time and time again. Kind of insignificant at first but it reminded me of why we were there. We took the light from the fire of hope in our hearts and lit the fire of hope in the hearts of others we didn't know. In that instant we were kindred spirits. No darkness can put out the fire of hope because hope spreads from one heart to another. All we have to do is keep our faith.The faith of those present last night built the fire of hope and passed it along from one person to another until the darkness of despair was gone. All that remained was the hope that we will find this little girl and the faith in God to give us the strength to carry on.

11:53 PM
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »

I have to go to sleep -- so tired.
Many prayers for this precious little child.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2009, 01:51:09 AM »

This just does not sound good. God Bless this child and those who love her.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »

200 hunt for missing girl in Salisbury
Police say sex offender who dated her aunt kidnapped 11-year-old

12/25/09

SALISBURY — - More than 200 officers and volunteers scoured frozen fields and ponds Christmas Eve for an 11-year-old girl who police say was kidnapped from her bedroom by a registered sex offender.

Sarah Haley Foxwell was wearing a pink shirt and red pajamas printed with Christmas trees when she disappeared from her maternal aunt's home Tuesday night, police said. A younger sister awoke during the night to see Sarah leave the room with their aunt's former boyfriend, a registered sex offender, according to court documents obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

Thomas James Leggs Jr., 30, who lived in a building on the grounds of his parents' Salisbury home, was arrested Wednesday and charged with burglary and kidnapping in Sarah's disappearance, police said.

Leggs, who is listed on sex offender registries in Maryland and Delaware, was not cooperating with police, said Sgt. Charsten Wendlandt of the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Thursday night that authorities were still regarding their task as a search and rescue, and he said the effort would continue throughout the night. "We have not lost hope," he said.

As relatives and friends gathered for a Christmas Eve candlelight vigil at an elementary school, an aunt said she prayed that the girl she called "Haley Bug" would be found unharmed.

Sarah, a sixth-grade student at Wicomico Middle School, is a bright and lighthearted child, said Tracey Powell, a paternal aunt.

"She would just run the hallways laughing and giggling, and just jump into your arms," Powell said. "All we want is for her to come home safe and sound."

Standing near a shrine of teddy bears and flickering candles, Trent Molnar, who coaches Sarah's brother's baseball team, led the crowd in prayer, asking for Sarah to be returned home for Christmas.

Sarah's younger sister told police she saw the girl leave the bedroom with the man they knew as "Tommy," according to police and court documents. Leggs, who works in his family's custom cabinet business, recently dated the girl's aunt, who is the guardian for Sarah and two of her siblings, Wendlandt said. Another relative discovered Sarah missing in the morning, he said.

Leggs knew the family kept a spare key under a pot on the porch of the home, according to court documents.

Leggs "was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small, young females," said Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis.

The girl's aunt, Amy Fothergill, said Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home, and police found it along with a lollipop in Leggs' 2003 champagne-colored Dodge pickup, according to documents. Leggs, who agreed to go to the sheriff's office for questioning, was wearing an outfit similar to what the younger girl said the man in the bedroom had on, according to documents.

Leggs told deputies that he had last driven the pickup about 1 a.m. Wednesday when he left a nearby bar.

Asked whether authorities believe the girl is alive, state police Sgt. David Owens said: "The sheriff's been reporting that we're holding out hope; I'll just stick with his words. We're doing everything we can."

First Sgt. Timothy F. Robinson, a spokesman for the sheriff's office, added that the department has "nothing but the utmost hope that we are going to find her and reunite her with her family."

Officers from numerous jurisdictions, firefighters and volunteers searched for the girl throughout the day and evening Thursday in below-freezing weather. Several dozen police officers were joined by volunteers from as far as the Western Shore and northern Delaware. Dive teams searched a pond Wednesday night, and helicopters and dogs were brought in to assist in the search.

"The outcry has been sobering, the number of people who want to help," Owens said. "It's a heck of an impact, especially on Christmas."

Volunteers who wish to aid in the search are being asked to report to Arthur W. Perdue Stadium in Salisbury, home of the Delmarva Shorebirds baseball team, at 7 a.m. today for a briefing, Robinson said. He urged volunteers to work closely with authorities to preserve "any evidence."

According to charging documents, Fothergill dated Leggs "for a short period of time a month or so ago and ... Leggs just stopped contacting her." Fothergill told police that she knew that Leggs was a registered sex offender.

Reached by phone Thursday night, Fothergill passed the phone to a sheriff's deputy who said that she declined to comment. Court records indicate that she sued her sister for unpaid child support for Sarah and five other children in February 2008.

Sarah is 4 feet, 8 inches tall and has brown hair often worn in a ponytail. Police say she was last seen wearing red, fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere T-shirt.

Police also released a photograph of a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup used by Leggs and asked anyone who might have seen the vehicle to contact authorities.

Leggs was being held without bail at the Wicomico County Detention Center. His listing as a child sex offender in the Maryland Sex Offender Registry stems from a third-degree sex offense conviction in 1998. His status was listed as "compliant," meaning that he provided his address, employment and other information at the time of his last move in 2007.

In Delaware, he is listed as a "high-risk" sex offender in connection with the rape of a minor in 2001.

Electronic court records in Maryland show that Leggs was charged in September with fourth-degree burglary and malicious destruction of property. His divorce was finalized in April, and he was denied custody and visitation of his child.

Helen Young, who attended the Christmas Eve vigil with her young daughter, said she hoped that Sarah had been "hidden away somewhere" and would be found safe.

"I don't have a good feeling about it," she said, "but as a mother I have to have hope."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bal-md.salisbury25dec25,0,5537478.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2009, 09:15:23 AM »

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11724533

Written by Kye Parsons
Volunteers Assist in Search for Missing Girl

Updated: Dec 25, 2009 05:14 AM

SALISBURY, Md.- The search for missing 11-year-old Salisbury girl Sarah Haley Foxwell continued on Christmas Day, this time with the assistance of volunteers.

On Friday morning, volunteers met at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium (home of the Delmarva Shorebirds) on Route 50 and Hobbs Road in Salisbury, to help police in their search for the girl, who police say was abducted Tuesday night from her home on the 31000 block of Old Ocean City Road.

According to police, Sarah was last seen wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a John Deere T-shirt. Sarah is described as white, brown hair that is worn in a ponytail, blue eyes, 4-foot-8, 78 pounds. Her date of birth is May 18, 1998.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said search and rescue teams are combing all of Wicomico County- including a number of bodies of water- in an effort to find Sarah. He noted that the search is particularly focused on the northern and northeastern areas of the county.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »

They have run out of bottled water already -- lots and lots of volunteers.
I'll be there at 2 this afternoon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.