March 28, 2024, 10:06:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 151536 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/

They haven't found her or anything yet. 

Evidentally other victims of Leggs are coming forward. 
Thank-you
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »

Strange that they would send searchers home if they found nothing, unless they have info where Sarah is?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »

Why can't someone convince this SOB that it can't get any better for him. It can only get worse. He needs to tell NOW where she is because the SOB knows. For the love of God, please.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »

Why can't someone convince this SOB that it can't get any better for him. It can only get worse. He needs to tell NOW where she is because the SOB knows. For the love of God, please.

This is so heartbreaking for a family to go thru on Christmas ::MonkeyNoNo::I can not figure out why so much evil in this world,Praying to our heavenly father please bring this child home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sex-offender-arrested-md-girl-sarah-foxwell-missing/story?id=9423642

Nightmare Before Christmas: Sex Offender Arrested, Md. Girl Still Missing
11-Year-Old Sarah Foxwell Was Last Seen Wednesday Wearing Christmas-Tree Pajamas

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN
Dec. 25, 2009

Police desperately searched today for an 11-year-old girl who was snatched from her Wicomico County, Md., bedroom Wednesday night, while the registered sex offender arrested in her disappearance allegedly refused to help authorities find her.

This undated photo provided by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children shows Sarah Haley Foxwell. The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Dec. 24, 2009, charged a 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. Salisbury man in the disappearance of Foxwell, who has been missing since Tuesday. Collapse
(AP Photos)

Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, is charged with burglary and with kidnapping Sarah H. Foxwell, according to Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis.

Leggs was seen entering the girl's bedroom late Wednesday night by her 6-year-old sister, who described the kidnapper down to the color of his shoes, police said.

"Sarah's sister provided a complete description down to the color of his sneakers, jeans and jacket," Lewis told ABCNews.com. "When we apprehended Lewis in his family home, he was wearing the same exact clothing the sister described."

Local, state and federal investigators have used dive teams to scour a lake, sniffer dogs and helicopters and have lately focused their search on a 3-mile square area in Wicomico County, near the Delaware border.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

I am so angry inside. I look at this guy's picture and want to punch him right square in the face along with his lawyer who also knows that Legg knows where Sarah is.  Yes I'm a lawyer, but I could never do what this lawyer is doing. She's a child. Let's bring this nightmare to a conclusion. Fess up, short eyes. You made your own bed, now its time to lie in it, you sick SOB. Haven't you ruined enough lives to satisfy your evil perversion?  God, just give me a minute with him.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2009, 03:35:18 PM »

I am so angry inside. I look at this guy's picture and want to punch him right square in the face along with his lawyer who also knows that Legg knows where Sarah is.  Yes I'm a lawyer, but I could never do what this lawyer is doing. She's a child. Let's bring this nightmare to a conclusion. Fess up, short eyes. You made your own bed, now its time to lie in it, you sick SOB. Haven't you ruined enough lives to satisfy your evil perversion?  God, just give me a minute with him.

Jess, I feel the same way...each time it gets worse when a child goes missing...when will it end? I fear every day for my daughter and granddaughters!!! It could happen to anyone...nobody is safe any longer, this is not how we should be living our lives in the USA.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11724533

Reported by Kye Parsons
Wicomico Sheriff: Search for Missing Girl a 'Rescue Mission'

Updated: Dec 25, 2009 12:35 PM

SALISBURY, Md.– Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Friday that volunteers are assisting police in a massive search for a missing Salisbury girl believed to have been abducted by a registered sex offender.

During an afternoon press conference, Lewis said a particular area of interest in the search for 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is the northern part of the county near the Delaware border, specifically in the vicinity of Melson Road and Rum Ridge Road.

The sheriff also asked all county residents, regardless of where they live, to search their own properties for Sarah. County residents are asked to tie red ribbons on their mailboxes as a way to indicate to authorities that they have searched their properties for Sarah.

Lewis also acknowledged the thousands of volunteers who have taken the time out to assist police in the search efforts. He said police now have an adequate number of volunteers at their disposal.

Lewis acknowledged that so far "we have located nothing at this time leading us to Sarah Foxwell." He did stress that the search for Sarah is "not a recovery mission."

"This is a rescue mission," Lewis said. "We have hope and we have not given up that hope. We will not give up."

Thirty-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Bennett Road in Salisbury, is charged with burglary and with kidnapping Foxwell, according to court documents.

A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

According to police, Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Old Ocean City Road in Salisbury. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"She wasn't in her room," Lewis said at another press conference held Thursday. He said there was no evidence of forced entry to the home where the girls live with their aunt, who is their legal guardian. Leggs is a former boyfriend of the aunt, officials said.

A "juvenile witness" awoke during the night Tuesday and saw Sarah leave the bedroom with "Tommy," and said he was wearing blue jeans, an orange jacket and white sneakers, the charging document says.

The statement of probable cause also says Sarah's aunt, Amy Fothergill, with whom Sarah lives, noticed that Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home. Deputies found a green toothbrush and a lollipop in a truck Leggs admitted driving. Leggs said he had been wearing jeans and white sneakers the previous night - the same clothes he was wearing when police questioned him.

The sheriff said Leggs has been uncooperative and "of no assistance to our investigators."

Dive teams have searched several area ponds and scores of police officers from across the state and neighboring Delaware continue to search many square miles of woods in the county. Helicopters and K-9 teams have also been brought in to aid their search.

Police also released a photograph of a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup used by Leggs and they asked anyone who may have seen the champagne/tan-colored vehicle to contact authorities.

Sarah is white, 4-foot-8 and weighs 78 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. When she disappeared, she was wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere T-shirt.

Leggs is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail.

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not provide details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

"He was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small young females," Lewis said.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

Anyone with information pertaining to Sarah's whereabouts is asked to call the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office at (410) 548-4891.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11724533

Reported by Kye Parsons
Wicomico Sheriff: Search for Missing Girl a 'Rescue Mission'

Updated: Dec 25, 2009 12:35 PM

SALISBURY, Md.– Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Friday that volunteers are assisting police in a massive search for a missing Salisbury girl believed to have been abducted by a registered sex offender.

During an afternoon press conference, Lewis said a particular area of interest in the search for 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is the northern part of the county near the Delaware border, specifically in the vicinity of Melson Road and Rum Ridge Road.

The sheriff also asked all county residents, regardless of where they live, to search their own properties for Sarah. County residents are asked to tie red ribbons on their mailboxes as a way to indicate to authorities that they have searched their properties for Sarah.

Lewis also acknowledged the thousands of volunteers who have taken the time out to assist police in the search efforts. He said police now have an adequate number of volunteers at their disposal.

Lewis acknowledged that so far "we have located nothing at this time leading us to Sarah Foxwell." He did stress that the search for Sarah is "not a recovery mission."

"This is a rescue mission," Lewis said. "We have hope and we have not given up that hope. We will not give up."

Thirty-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Bennett Road in Salisbury, is charged with burglary and with kidnapping Foxwell, according to court documents.

A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

According to police, Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Old Ocean City Road in Salisbury. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"She wasn't in her room," Lewis said at another press conference held Thursday. He said there was no evidence of forced entry to the home where the girls live with their aunt, who is their legal guardian. Leggs is a former boyfriend of the aunt, officials said.

A "juvenile witness" awoke during the night Tuesday and saw Sarah leave the bedroom with "Tommy," and said he was wearing blue jeans, an orange jacket and white sneakers, the charging document says.

The statement of probable cause also says Sarah's aunt, Amy Fothergill, with whom Sarah lives, noticed that Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home. Deputies found a green toothbrush and a lollipop in a truck Leggs admitted driving. Leggs said he had been wearing jeans and white sneakers the previous night - the same clothes he was wearing when police questioned him.

The sheriff said Leggs has been uncooperative and "of no assistance to our investigators."

Dive teams have searched several area ponds and scores of police officers from across the state and neighboring Delaware continue to search many square miles of woods in the county. Helicopters and K-9 teams have also been brought in to aid their search.

Police also released a photograph of a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup used by Leggs and they asked anyone who may have seen the champagne/tan-colored vehicle to contact authorities.

Sarah is white, 4-foot-8 and weighs 78 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. When she disappeared, she was wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere T-shirt.

Leggs is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail.

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not provide details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

"He was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small young females," Lewis said.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

Anyone with information pertaining to Sarah's whereabouts is asked to call the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office at (410) 548-4891.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »

They have closed off Melson Road
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »

They have closed off Melson Road
Oh no 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

UPDATE: A farm located in the area of Melson Road and Columbia is being heavily searched at this time.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »

Press conference will be held at 6pm at the Perdue Stadium.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:22:43 PM by klaasend » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »

Press conference will be held at 6pm at the Perdue Stadium.
Thank-you
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

Not to be redundant, but yes more than 3,000 people showed up this morning and water and food, etc. arrived by the truck loads.
People were not turned away, they were asked to come back because you cannot send people out without instructions, them completing forms, etc.  Many came back and helped in other ways, than just tracking.
It is my understanding the concentrated area is between Dagsboro Road, Rum Ridge Road, and Melson Road.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2009, 05:50:21 PM »

Not to be redundant, but yes more than 3,000 people showed up this morning and water and food, etc. arrived by the truck loads.
People were not turned away, they were asked to come back because you cannot send people out without instructions, them completing forms, etc.  Many came back and helped in other ways, than just tracking.
It is my understanding the concentrated area is between Dagsboro Road, Rum Ridge Road, and Melson Road.
Thank-you, that is amazing, so many kind and thoughful people helping  an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

Thanks for the update, Sister.  And it's really heart warming to know there was a good turn out for the search, and generosity with the supplies of food and water.  A big monkey hug for your for helping in the search for Sarah.  (((HUG)))  I hope she can be found soon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »

She has been found...that's all I know
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »

She has been found...that's all I know
Thank-you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.