March 29, 2024, 03:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 151573 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

No Bond For Suspect In Md. Kidnap Killing

A man charged with kidnapping an 11-year-old Maryland girl whose body was found on Christmas Day has been ordered held without bond.

Following a bond hearing Monday, 30-year-old Thomas Leggs Jr. of Salisbury was returned to the Wicomico County Detention Center.

A preliminary court hearing on charges of kidnapping and burglary is set for Jan. 21.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Leggs also will face additional charges.

Investigators alleged that Leggs kidnapped Sarah Haley Foxwell from her Salisbury home last Tuesday. Her body was found on Christmas Day near the Delaware-Maryland border after a massive search that included more than 3,000 volunteers.

http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/Suspect.in.kidnapping.2.1393633.html
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »

Community faces 'disbelief'; services Saturday for Sarah Foxwell

SALISBURY -- Life in Salisbury, and especially on Bennett Road, has not been the same since a 30-year-old man who lived there was charged in the disappearance of a little girl who found dead on Christmas day.

On Sunday, residents reported that the neighborhood doesn't feel the same anymore.

Investigators arrested Thomas James Leggs Jr. after Sarah Haley Foxwell's family reported her missing on Dec. 23. His arrest has cast a negative shadow on the quiet community where some say they used to feel safe.

"I don't feel like this is our neighborhood anymore," said a neighbor who grew up with Leggs but declined to give her name. "It's very shocking because you think you know a person."

Leggs was charged by police with burglary and two counts of kidnapping on Dec. 24, according to court records, after Foxwell was abducted from her bedroom. Police expect additional charges to follow after Foxwell's body was found badly burned in a heavily wooded area off Melson Road on Dec. 25.

Leggs is currently being held without bond at the Wicomico County Detention Center.

Another resident also said news of the charges against Leggs came as a shock.

"I couldn't believe it," said the resident, who declined to give his name.

Leggs was always protective of his nieces and nephews, he added.

MORE...

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/912280303/-1/newsfront2

That scared me when I read he was always protective of his nieces and nephews....I sure hope Child Protective Services interviews these children.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »

Suspect in Md. girl's kidnapping held without bond

A judge ordered a convicted sex offender held without bond Monday on charges he kidnapped an 11-year-old Maryland girl whose body was found on Christmas Day.

After the hearing in Salisbury, Md., Thomas J. Leggs Jr. was returned to the Wicomico County Detention Center, where he has been held since his arrest.

Sarah Haley Foxwell was taken last Tuesday from the Salisbury home where she lived with her aunt, Amy

Fothergill, who had recently dated Leggs, according to court records. The girl's body was found Christmas Day in Maryland near the Delaware line after a search that involved thousands of volunteers.

Leggs, who has convictions for sex offenses in Maryland and Delaware, will face a preliminary hearing Jan. 21 on charges of kidnapping and burglary. He has not been charged in Sarah's death. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Leggs will face additional charges but he did not elaborate.

A public defender representing Leggs did not immediately return telephone messages Monday.

Prosecutor Davis Ruark said details from an autopsy report likely will be withheld, but the cause of death may be disclosed. Neither he nor Lewis would confirm media reports that Foxwell's body was burned.

Since Foxwell's disappearance and killing, law enforcement officials in Maryland and Delaware have received reports that Leggs may have committed other crimes, Ruark said. He would not elaborate, but law enforcement officials scheduled a news conference Monday afternoon to ask for the public's help in investigating such reports.

A woman who answered the phone Monday at Fothergill's home said the family did not want to speak to reporters.

According to Department of Correction records, Leggs, 30, was jailed in Delaware from February 2001 to July 2001 after being charged with fourth-degree rape for having sex with a teenager who was not yet 18.

According to Maryland court records, a warrant listing Leggs as a fugitive from Delaware was issued in February 2005. Despite his status as a "high risk" offender, Leggs' information on the Delaware sex offender registry had not been verified since March 2005, a month after his arrest on the fugitive warrant.

Leggs also has a lengthy arrest record in Maryland, where he was convicted of third-degree sex offense involving a child in March 1998. He was convicted of assault in 2000 in a case that also involved several sexual offense charges and was subject to a probation violation hearing in 2006.

Leggs was acquitted of assault and sexual offense charges in 2005 but was scheduled to go on trial next month in Worcester County, Md., on charges of burglary and destruction of property.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/28/national/a105553S37.DTL
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

11 Year Old's Death Could Make New Laws

Sarah Foxwell's body was found on Christmas, she'll now be buried on the second day of the New Year.

It is a horrific story extending through the holiday season and into strangers hearts.

"It's just tragic, but sometimes it takes tragedies like this."

State Senator Nancy Jacobs plans on introducing new bills in the upcoming legislative session in response to Foxwell's story.

She says she's working on a number of bills aimed at tougher sentences for convicted child sex offenders and eliminating good time credits in prison to earn early release; a benefit that works against mandatory minimum sentences.

"Sex offenders are usually very quiet model citizens who can't wait to get out because their audience isn’t in jail with them, it's children out in the street."

Jacobs says look no further than the prime suspect in this case.  Thomas Leggs was convicted of a sexual assault in Maryland in 1998 and then again in 2001 in Delaware where he was declared a high risk offender

Jacobs argues that states should share information on offenders and every crime, should follow the offender in every state.

Better communication matched with tougher laws the senator hopes will help prevent what happened to Sarah Foxwell.

Leggs is charged with burglary and kidnapping.  Police are waiting on the autopsy report before possibly charging Leggs with anything further.

11 year old Sarah Foxwell's funeral will be at 11 Saturday morning at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church in Salisbury.
http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/story/11-Year-Olds-Death-Could-Make-New-Laws/gvganMAKhEq8AdZBvKnvGw.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »

FOXWELL MURDER: Suspect charged with breaking into another victim's home

SALISBURY — A 30-year-old Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a missing girl found dead was also charged with breaking into a female victim's house in December.

Thomas James Leggs Jr. allegedly entered her home while the victim was sleeping, according to court records.

She told police Leggs was standing near her bed with his shirt off and his pants down to his knees when she woke up, according to charging documents.

Leggs was charged with fourth-degree burglary and malicious destruction of property in Worcester County District Court in September.

He was released from the Worcester County Detention Center on a $10,000 bond in October, according to court records. His trial is scheduled for January.

On Dec. 24, Wicomico County investigators charged Leggs with burglary and two counts of kidnapping after Sarah Haley Foxwell was abducted from her bedroom.

Leggs was denied bail on Monday during a Wicomico District Court hearing, according to prosecutors. He is currently being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center.

Prosecutors expect to charge Leggs with Foxwell's murder within the next 30 to 45 days, according to Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/91228021/1002/FOXWELL-MURDER--Suspect-charged-with-breaking-into-another-victim-s-home
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »

SARAH FOXWELL MEMORIAL: Shorebirds Stadium selected as temporary memorial location

SALISBURY — The Arthur W. Perdue Stadium entrance will be used as a temporary memorial for 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell, according to law enforcement officials.

Members of the public can leave flowers and other mementos starting 8 a.m. on Tuesday.

An estimated 3,000 volunteers from around the Eastern Shore reported to the stadium on Christmas day to help police search for Foxwell who was reported missing on Dec. 23.

She was last seen by family members on Dec. 22, and was abducted from her bedroom.

A team of investigators found her body in a wooded area off Melson Road around 4 p.m. on Dec. 25, according to police.

Police have charged 30-year-old Thomas James Leggs Jr. with Foxwell's disappearance. He has been charged with burglary and two counts of kidnapping.

Leggs has not been charged with murder at this time.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/91228019/-1/newsfront2
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: December 28, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »

The laws already exist.
In a case of murder for almost any reason, a prosecutor can seek the death penalty.

We do not need any more laws..
The population is 300 million people and crime is going to happen.
Punish those that commit heinous crimes. Attacks on children is a heinous crime.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »

I wonder how her sister died....and how old she was...

I paused when I saw the comment that Legg was always protective of his nieces and nephews....someone needs to find out if these kids had been messed with too! imo...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »

I certainly appreciate everyone's willingness to help. I am in the process of setting up a 501(c)(3) organization. It will take a few months to get the irs's approval. This is something I've been working on for the better part of 2009. The best thing everyone can do right now is just recruit. Talk to everyone you know. Get commitments to support the effort. Like someone said a few posts back, everyone has different talents and strengths. It could be writing, secretarial, netorking and contacts, organizational, just about anything. I am dead serious about this. I'll post more detail when I can and I'm not on my blackberry! but rest assured, this is going to happen. Two little girls pushed me over the edge in 2009-Sandra and Nevaeh. I've made personal commitments to them, and I will not let them down.

JessStar, Sandra has a commitment from me too as now does Sarah.  I am so grateful for all that you do and I know this will be an opportunity for the thousands who care to be able to put into action their deepest desires.  You are blessed and you are a blessing.

Thank you, Sister.  That means a lot to me. God Bless you.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »

I certainly appreciate everyone's willingness to help. I am in the process of setting up a 501(c)(3) organization. It will take a few months to get the irs's approval. This is something I've been working on for the better part of 2009. The best thing everyone can do right now is just recruit. Talk to everyone you know. Get commitments to support the effort. Like someone said a few posts back, everyone has different talents and strengths. It could be writing, secretarial, netorking and contacts, organizational, just about anything. I am dead serious about this. I'll post more detail when I can and I'm not on my blackberry! but rest assured, this is going to happen. Two little girls pushed me over the edge in 2009-Sandra and Nevaeh. I've made personal commitments to them, and I will not let them down.

What about a facebook page to get people organized?

This is something we are working on.  Once we get everything together, we're going to release it through the press.  My goal is to not have it just be another Facebook page.  I don't want it to get lost among the many that are already out there.  We're planning an ad campaign, press releases, the whole 9 yards.  It will be very exciting, and will hopefully gain the attention of national media.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »

What about a facebook page to get people organized?

This is something we are working on.  Once we get everything together, we're going to release it through the press.  My goal is to not have it just be another Facebook page.  I don't want it to get lost among the many that are already out there.  We're planning an ad campaign, press releases, the whole 9 yards.  It will be very exciting, and will hopefully gain the attention of national media.

JessStar, I agree with you that being another Facebook won't be enough.  There are many here and others that are willing to wait and have this be an explosive campaign.
2010 will become the year of justice!!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »

Makes you wonder what kind of life this precious child has when none of her relatives are listed by name in the obituary.  I understand in part, so folks won't be harrassed, but for goodness sakes . . .
The church where her service will be held holds several thousand people -- they will need it.  God rest her soul in Jesus' arms.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

Makes you wonder what kind of life this precious child has when none of her relatives are listed by name in the obituary.  I understand in part, so folks won't be harrassed, but for goodness sakes . . .
The church where her service will be held holds several thousand people -- they will need it.  God rest her soul in Jesus' arms.

agreed... I thought the same thing about the obit

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »

Sister wrote: "JessStar, I agree with you that being another Facebook won't be enough.  There are many here and others that are willing to wait and have this be an explosive campaign.2010 will become the year of justice!!!"

Thanks Sister!  It's a pretty time consuming process. I've interviewed many people for different positions in the organization. It is tremendously difficult to find the right people. Peoples' hearts are definitely in the right place.  But when you start talking about the level of commitment that is required to ensure success, most people either back away or give me the feeling that, once push comes to shove, they'll resign. So I'm taking my time because I don't want to do this twice!  I want to try to get it right the first time.

Peace to all, and have a Happy New Year!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »

Sister wrote: "JessStar, I agree with you that being another Facebook won't be enough.  There are many here and others that are willing to wait and have this be an explosive campaign.2010 will become the year of justice!!!"

Thanks Sister!  It's a pretty time consuming process. I've interviewed many people for different positions in the organization. It is tremendously difficult to find the right people. Peoples' hearts are definitely in the right place.  But when you start talking about the level of commitment that is required to ensure success, most people either back away or give me the feeling that, once push comes to shove, they'll resign. So I'm taking my time because I don't want to do this twice!  I want to try to get it right the first time.

Happy New Year to you also. And thank-you for all the wonderful things you do. What ever your plans are I'm sure they will be well thought out and effective. Count on me to back you all the way, and I will be more than happy to help with writing letters or anything else once everything is ready to roll  an angelic monkey
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

Happy New Year to you also. And thank-you for all the wonderful things you do. What ever your plans are I'm sure they will be well thought out and effective. Count on me to back you all the way, and I will be more than happy to help with writing letters or anything else once everything is ready to roll  an angelic monkey

ditto...what she said

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »

DOVER, Del. — An autopsy has found that a Maryland girl abducted from her home last week died of multiple injuries.

According to the chief medical examiner's office in Maryland, the death of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is listed as a homicide. The office did not specify her injuries.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr., who has convictions for sex offenses in Maryland and Delaware, faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 21 on charges of kidnapping and burglary in Sarah's disappearance.

Authorities have said Leggs will face additional charges.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/autopsy-on-slain-md-261148.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »

Thanks Jess - please keep me apprised if there is anything I can do to help!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »

DOVER, Del. — An autopsy has found that a Maryland girl abducted from her home last week died of multiple injuries.

According to the chief medical examiner's office in Maryland, the death of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is listed as a homicide. The office did not specify her injuries.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr., who has convictions for sex offenses in Maryland and Delaware, faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 21 on charges of kidnapping and burglary in Sarah's disappearance.

Authorities have said Leggs will face additional charges.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/autopsy-on-slain-md-261148.html
Thank-you 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »

Now if only this POS could die from mutiple injuries...and I do mean multiple...slow multiple injuries...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.