March 28, 2024, 03:27:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 151514 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »

Funeral Plans Announced for Sarah Foxwell

SALISBURY, Md.- The family of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell, whose body was found in a wooded area of Wicomico County late Friday afternoon, will not have to pay for funeral and burial costs.

John Holloway from Holloway Funeral Home in Salisbury confirms all funeral plans have been paid for by local donors.  Holloway says the donors want to remain anonymous. Sarah's funeral will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 2, 2010, at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church at 217 Beaglin Park Drive in Salisbury.

On Saturday, Foxwell's family sent a message of gratitude to the community. Warren delivered the message live on WBOC and FOX 21.

In the message, he said the family wishes to express their profound appreciation to the community for their outpouring of support.

Warren talked about financial contributions.  "The contributions are needed and welcomed," Warren said.

Contributors are asked to donate to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund at any branch of the Farmers' Bank of Willards.

Sarah was abducted Tuesday night from her home on Old Ocean City Road.  A massive air and ground search was initiated Wednesday afternoon with more than 3,000 volunteers showing up on Christmas morning.

Her body was found Christmas day at around 4 p.m. in a wooded area off of Melson Road, about half a mile south of the Maryland-Delaware line.

Thirty-year-old Thomas Leggs Jr. of Salisbury is a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware.  He is charged with kidnapping and burglary in her disappearance. He is being held without bond in the Wicomico County Detention Center.

Police are investigating Sarah's death as a murder and her body was sent to the state medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11732862
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »

Sheriff calling for death penalty in girl's murder

DOVER, Del. - Investigators say the kidnapping and murder of a Maryland girl, whose body was found on Christmas Day, calls out for the death penalty.

"I was a believer in capital punishment before this, but I'm a stronger believer today," says Wicomico County Sheriff Michael Lewis.

The body of 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell was found two days after she was abducted from her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"It's gut-wrenching," Lewis says. "It's the worst I've seen in 26 years of law enforcement."

While Foxwell's death has been ruled a homicide, Thomas Leggs Jr., 30, of Salisbury, has been charged with burglary and kidnapping -- but not murder. But Lewis says he's confident sheriffs' deputies have the man responsible for Foxwell's disappearance.

"This man was and is a registered sex offender in Maryland and in Delaware. And he was out to commit this heinous crime against this innocent 11-year-old child."

A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

When Lewis talks about the condition of the body, his voice drops and he can't finish the thought.

When asked about the cause of death, he didn't want to elaborate while the investigation is ongoing. However, he did suggest the case could expand.

"We've actually received a number of phone calls and emails from individuals who have been affiliated with him in the past, or have been victims of his in the past, and they wish to meet with investigators in this particular case to look at similarities in this case."

Leggs was convicted of a third-degree sex offense involving a 12-year-old girl in 1998. He is a registered sex offender in Delaware in connection with the 2001 rape of a minor.

Lewis says Leggs was uncooperative throughout the investigation.

"We actually provided counsel for him, and he still chose not to talk."

Maryland is among the toughest restrictions in death penalty cases in the nation. A videotaped confession and DNA or other 'latent evidence' like fingerprints would have to be present in order to get a death penalty. Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley sought to abolish the death penalty in the 2009 General Assembly session.

Lewis says he's thankful that attempt failed.

"We cannot abolish the death penalty. It's got to be reserved for cases such as this."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1851587
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2009, 04:21:05 PM »

Sheriff calling for death penalty in girl's murder

DOVER, Del. - Investigators say the kidnapping and murder of a Maryland girl, whose body was found on Christmas Day, calls out for the death penalty.

"I was a believer in capital punishment before this, but I'm a stronger believer today," says Wicomico County Sheriff Michael Lewis.

The body of 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell was found two days after she was abducted from her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"It's gut-wrenching," Lewis says. "It's the worst I've seen in 26 years of law enforcement."

While Foxwell's death has been ruled a homicide, Thomas Leggs Jr., 30, of Salisbury, has been charged with burglary and kidnapping -- but not murder. But Lewis says he's confident sheriffs' deputies have the man responsible for Foxwell's disappearance.

"This man was and is a registered sex offender in Maryland and in Delaware. And he was out to commit this heinous crime against this innocent 11-year-old child."

A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

When Lewis talks about the condition of the body, his voice drops and he can't finish the thought.

When asked about the cause of death, he didn't want to elaborate while the investigation is ongoing. However, he did suggest the case could expand.

"We've actually received a number of phone calls and emails from individuals who have been affiliated with him in the past, or have been victims of his in the past, and they wish to meet with investigators in this particular case to look at similarities in this case."

Leggs was convicted of a third-degree sex offense involving a 12-year-old girl in 1998. He is a registered sex offender in Delaware in connection with the 2001 rape of a minor.

Lewis says Leggs was uncooperative throughout the investigation.

"We actually provided counsel for him, and he still chose not to talk."

Maryland is among the toughest restrictions in death penalty cases in the nation. A videotaped confession and DNA or other 'latent evidence' like fingerprints would have to be present in order to get a death penalty. Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley sought to abolish the death penalty in the 2009 General Assembly session.

Lewis says he's thankful that attempt failed.

"We cannot abolish the death penalty. It's got to be reserved for cases such as this."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1851587

NorthernRose, thanks for posting this.  I personally watched Sheriff Lewis speak and I can tell you, he is a man on a mission.  I always respected him, but now my feelings are so much stronger.  Thank goodness, LE is on precious Sarah's side and will make sure justice will prevail!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »

This case is going to be terribly gut wrenching.  This guy is the devil himself.  How anyone can do something like this is just beyond comprehension. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

God Rest Your Soul, Sarah. 

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »

SALISBURY, Md.- The family of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell, whose body was found in a wooded area of Wicomico County late Friday afternoon, will not have to pay for funeral and burial costs.

John Holloway from Holloway Funeral Home in Salisbury confirms all funeral plans have been paid for by local donors.  Holloway says the donors want to remain anonymous. Sarah's funeral will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 2, 2010, at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church at 217 Beaglin Park Drive in Salisbury.

On Saturday, Foxwell's family sent a message of gratitude to the community. Warren delivered the message live on WBOC and FOX 21.

In the message, he said the family wishes to express their profound appreciation to the community for their outpouring of support.

Warren talked about financial contributions.  "The contributions are needed and welcomed," Warren said.

Contributors are asked to donate to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund at any branch of the Farmers' Bank of Willards.

Sarah was abducted Tuesday night from her home on Old Ocean City Road.  A massive air and ground search was initiated Wednesday afternoon with more than 3,000 volunteers showing up on Christmas morning.

Her body was found Christmas day at around 4 p.m. in a wooded area off of Melson Road, about half a mile south of the Maryland-Delaware line.

Thirty-year-old Thomas Leggs Jr. of Salisbury is a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware.  He is charged with kidnapping and burglary in her disappearance. He is being held without bond in the Wicomico County Detention Center.

Police are investigating Sarah's death as a murder and her body was sent to the state medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

I'm confused - if all funeral expenses have been paid for by local donors, then why the need for further contributions?

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »

I'm confused - if all funeral expenses have been paid for by local donors, then why the need for further contributions?
Leroy, I am confused too.  The funeral expenses have been paid for -- I have no idea why more money would be needed.  Tomorrow I will call Rev. Warren and find out what the money would be used for and who will be in control of it.  I'll let you know.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Sister - thank you very much   

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »

Police seek other potential victims of kidnapping suspect
Funeral set Saturday for Salisbury girl

December 30, 2009

SALISBURY - Authorities are seeking at least two other potential victims of the man charged with kidnapping an 11-year-old Salisbury girl whose body was found on Christmas Day, the Wicomico County state's attorney said.

"I have reason to believe there are other victims out there who have not come forward before," said State's Attorney Davis Ruark, adding that authorities have received information about potential adult victims.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr, 30, is being held without bond in the disappearance of Sarah Haley Foxwell, his former girlfriend's niece, who was seen leaving her bedroom with him last week, according to court documents.

Authorities have charged Leggs with kidnapping and burglary, and they say they plan to bring further charges.

Sarah's death has been ruled a homicide. An autopsy has found that she died of multiple injuries.

Leggs has a record of sexual offenses stretching back to age 18, when he was convicted of a sexual offense involving a 12-year-old. He was put on Maryland's sex offender registry for that case.

Leggs, who lives in a building on his parents' property and works for his family's custom counter business, is also listed on the Delaware sex offender registry stemming from a 2000 case involving a 16-year-old girl, according to court records. He was convicted of fourth-degree rape in that incident.

A funeral service is planned for Saturday for Sarah Foxwell, who was described by relatives as a bright, vivacious child.

More than 3,000 volunteers and police joined in a massive search for her last week. A memorial with pink balloons, stuffed animals and Barbie dolls has been set up for her outside the Arthur W. Perdue Shorebirds stadium.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-md.girl30dec30,0,4547487.story

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

Leroy, I called the church whose pastor talked about and asked for money for the fund, which is not where the funeral will take place (Emmanuel Wesleyan, where the funeral will be will hold more people).  I was told they did not know if it was a trust account, but they thought the money was going to be used for counseling for the children.  I expressed my concerns. Anyway, they did not know if the memorial fund is a trust account.  I called the Farmers Bank of Williards and was told "it will be" meaning it isn't yet.  I will keep watching for any clarification about this and lwill et you know when I know.  I can tell you the local bloggers have already addressed this issue and often in very unkind and mean-spirited ways.  I share their concerns, but being mean, hurtful, and down-right nasty places them close to the pit of this pervert IMO.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »

Leroy, I called the church whose pastor talked about and asked for money for the fund, which is not where the funeral will take place (Emmanuel Wesleyan, where the funeral will be will hold more people).  I was told they did not know if it was a trust account, but they thought the money was going to be used for counseling for the children.  I expressed my concerns. Anyway, they did not know if the memorial fund is a trust account.  I called the Farmers Bank of Williards and was told "it will be" meaning it isn't yet.  I will keep watching for any clarification about this and lwill et you know when I know.  I can tell you the local bloggers have already addressed this issue and often in very unkind and mean-spirited ways.  I share their concerns, but being mean, hurtful, and down-right nasty places them close to the pit of this pervert IMO.
Thank-you for doing that  an angelic monkey I would really like to know why some people feel it is appropriate to be unkind and mean spirited. I can understand the concern, frankly I'm suspicious when ever there are cases like this and money being given to the family, but that is me, if I had a loved one murdered, I would not except money. I would not want that grief of people talking badly about my family on top of the grief of a loved one murdered. But again that is me, and everyone has different situations. RIP little Sarah
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »

Well said Sister - I do not understand what good it does for people to act that way.

Thank you for checking into this.....I would certainly be hesitant sending them any money right now...not until they have it all together.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

Well said Sister - I do not understand what good it does for people to act that way.

Thank you for checking into this.....I would certainly be hesitant sending them any money right now...not until they have it all together.

Leroy, I agree.  I will send money and encourage others to do so "when" I know the funds will be used to benefit in a constructive way.  I'll keep watch.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »

Wicomico County Sheriff: Sarah Foxwell's Aunt wasn't home at time of Sarah's abduction         
Wednesday, 30 December 2009 

We’re learning more about the events surrounding the disappearance of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell whose body was found on Christmas Day. The grandfather was home at the time she was abducted. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis also tells WGMD that the aunt was not home at that time. He adds that the entire family including the mother, the aunt and the grandfather were all extremely cooperative, and that there is no indication that they knew the abduction was about to happen.

Meanwhile the autopsy has shown that Sarah died of multiple injuries, and her death is officially being called a homicide. 30 year old Thomas Leggs Junior who is a former boyfriend of Sarah's aunt and is charged with burglary and kidnapping. So far he has not been charged in her death, but additional charges are coming within the next 30 days.

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028769/wicomico-county-sheriff-sarah-foxwell-s-aunt-wasn-t-home-at-time-of-sarah-s-abduction.html

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »

Leggs denies harming Sarah Foxwell         

He was silent during the three day search for 11 year old Sarah Foxwell, but now the attorney for Thomas Leggs says his client denies the allegations that Leggs harmed Foxwell.  Leggs is charged with kidnapping and burglary – Foxwell’s body was found in a wooded area near the Delaware line on Christmas Day.  Leggs, who is a registered sex offender, is being held without bond – and has been separated from other inmates. 

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028770/leggs-denies-harming-sarah-foxwell.html

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »

He was silent during the three day search for 11 year old Sarah Foxwell, but now the attorney for Thomas Leggs says his client denies the allegations that Leggs harmed Foxwell.  Leggs is charged with kidnapping and burglary – Foxwell’s body was found in a wooded area near the Delaware line on Christmas Day.  Leggs, who is a registered sex offender, is being held without bond – and has been separated from other inmates. 

No, he needs to be put with the other inmates, and let them have at him 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »

People/bloggers etc...don't need to say nasty things about the family or in regards to donations...just don't give any money...if others want to, that is up to them...some people just want to be nasty no matter what...I don't think that a family should profit from a child's death...depends on what the money is going to  be used for  jmo

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »

The autopsy report will be his undoing.  Has that been released or is it sealed? TIA Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Wicomico County Sheriff: Sarah Foxwell's Aunt wasn't home at time of Sarah's abduction         

We’re learning more about the events surrounding the disappearance of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell whose body was found on Christmas Day. The grandfather was home at the time she was abducted. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis also tells WGMD that the aunt was not home at that time. He adds that the entire family including the mother, the aunt and the grandfather were all extremely cooperative, and that there is no indication that they knew the abduction was about to happen.

Meanwhile the autopsy has shown that Sarah died of multiple injuries, and her death is officially being called a homicide. 30 year old Thomas Leggs Junior who is a former boyfriend of Sarah's aunt and is charged with burglary and kidnapping. So far he has not been charged in her death, but additional charges are coming within the next 30 days.

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028769/wicomico-county-sheriff-sarah-foxwell-s-aunt-wasn-t-home-at-time-of-sarah-s-abduction.html

Leroy, from everything I have heard and read, this grandfather is a good man.  I had heard he was home with the children and am glad it has been confirmed.  It is also my understanding that the grandmother has a part in these children's lives, although she and the mister are divorced and live in separate places, but within the same community.
Cookie, I agree with you.  I have gotten the impression a trust will be established.  I will keep everyone informed as I know it.  I believe the account was opened because there was an outpouring of folks wanting to help, and it was just a little later that the funeral expenses were covered by several individuals. 
I can't imagine how Sarah's sister must feel knowing she is the last relative to see her alive.  I hope they get counseling for her asap.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »

yeah, like this low-life would ever admit to anything. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

more of the same
http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amber-Alerts-Examiner~y2009m12d30-Sarah-Foxwell-update-Thomas-Leggs-Jr-denies-childs-murder-more-victims-and-rape-of-teenager

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.