March 28, 2024, 08:55:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 151534 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

Wicomico County Sheriff: Sarah Foxwell's Aunt wasn't home at time of Sarah's abduction         
Wednesday, 30 December 2009 

We’re learning more about the events surrounding the disappearance of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell whose body was found on Christmas Day. The grandfather was home at the time she was abducted. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis also tells WGMD that the aunt was not home at that time. He adds that the entire family including the mother, the aunt and the grandfather were all extremely cooperative, and that there is no indication that they knew the abduction was about to happen.

Meanwhile the autopsy has shown that Sarah died of multiple injuries, and her death is officially being called a homicide. 30 year old Thomas Leggs Junior who is a former boyfriend of Sarah's aunt and is charged with burglary and kidnapping. So far he has not been charged in her death, but additional charges are coming within the next 30 days.

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028769/wicomico-county-sheriff-sarah-foxwell-s-aunt-wasn-t-home-at-time-of-sarah-s-abduction.html

Leroy, from everything I have heard and read, this grandfather is a good man.  I had heard he was home with the children and am glad it has been confirmed.  It is also my understanding that the grandmother has a part in these children's lives, although she and the mister are divorced and live in separate places, but within the same community.
Cookie, I agree with you.  I have gotten the impression a trust will be established.  I will keep everyone informed as I know it.  I believe the account was opened because there was an outpouring of folks wanting to help, and it was just a little later that the funeral expenses were covered by several individuals. 
I can't imagine how Sarah's sister must feel knowing she is the last relative to see her alive.  I hope they get counseling for her asap.

I was actually irritated by a few of the headlines stating that aunt wasn't home...then further in the article you find that to be true but the grandfather was there.  I'm sure the Aunt is feeling horrible but to mis-lead with a headline like that is wrong. 

At first I really thought those children were home alone that night.  Glad that is not the case.

And yes, that other sibling is going to need a tremendous amount of couseling....I feel for her.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

Leroy, I called the church whose pastor talked about and asked for money for the fund, which is not where the funeral will take place (Emmanuel Wesleyan, where the funeral will be will hold more people).  I was told they did not know if it was a trust account, but they thought the money was going to be used for counseling for the children.  I expressed my concerns. Anyway, they did not know if the memorial fund is a trust account.  I called the Farmers Bank of Williards and was told "it will be" meaning it isn't yet.  I will keep watching for any clarification about this and lwill et you know when I know.  I can tell you the local bloggers have already addressed this issue and often in very unkind and mean-spirited ways.  I share their concerns, but being mean, hurtful, and down-right nasty places them close to the pit of this pervert IMO.
Thank-you for doing that  an angelic monkey I would really like to know why some people feel it is appropriate to be unkind and mean spirited. I can understand the concern, frankly I'm suspicious when ever there are cases like this and money being given to the family, but that is me, if I had a loved one murdered, I would not except money. I would not want that grief of people talking badly about my family on top of the grief of a loved one murdered. But again that is me, and everyone has different situations. RIP little Sarah

One small paragraph.....
Funds raised for Sarah Foxwell will benefit her siblings
http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028776/funds-raised-for-sarah-foxwell-will-benefit-her-siblings.html

I can't seem to get it copied...sorry

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »

Here it is Nutt:
Funds raised for Sarah Foxwell will benefit her siblings       
Wednesday, 30 December 2009 
After Sarah Foxwell’s body was found on Christmas Day, many people have helped by making donations to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund.  Anonymous donors have covered the costs for the funeral for the 11 year old and now Reverend William Warren of Allen Memorial Baptist Church – the family spokesman, says all funds raised through the memorial fund will benefit Sarah’s siblings.  Donations can be made at any Farmers Bank of Willards location. 

My note: Rev. Bill Warren is a very respected pastor in the community.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »

SALISBURY — Donations made to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund will go to the 11-year-old's siblings, according to a spokesman for the family.

The siblings will be the only benefactors, said Rev. William "Bill" Warren, of Allen Memorial Baptist Church, who spoke on behalf of the family.

Police found Foxwell's body on Christmas day after her family reported her missing on Dec. 23.

Thomas James Leggs, a 30-year-old Salisbury resident and registered sex offender in Maryland and Delware, was charged with burglary and two counts of kidnapping the day after the girl's disappearance was reported, according to court records.

The victim's aunt dated the kidnapping suspect for a short time about a month or more before the girl's death, according to charging documents.

Preliminary reports from the state medical examiner's office determined the girl's death was a homicide and she suffered multiple injuries, according to police.

Donations to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund can be made at any Farmers Bank of Willards locations:

Farmers Bank of Willards locations:

Main Office, 7484 Market St., Willards, Md. 21874, 410-835-8906
Willards Branch, 7233 Main St., Willards, Md. 21874
Shopper's World, Salisbury Branch, 365 Tilghman Road, Salisbury, Md. 21804
Pemberton, 1150 Parsons Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801
Milford Street, 102 Milford St., Salisbury, Md. 21804
White Marlin Mall Location, 12641 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, Md. 21842
Montego Bay Shopping Center Location, 12831 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, Md. 21842

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091230/NEWS01/91230029/-1/newsfront2/FOXWELL-MEMORIAL-FUND-Proceeds-will-go-to-siblings
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »

A little more info regarding the fund...

--snipped--

Warren did not know how the money would be used, but says he knows there's a need for counseling. He says an attorney has been contacted about administering the fund but no agreement is in place.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1209/691753.html

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »

The siblings will be the only benefactors, said Rev. William "Bill" Warren, of Allen Memorial Baptist Church, who spoke on behalf of the family. Thank-you, that is good to hear  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

The siblings will be the only benefactors, said Rev. William "Bill" Warren, of Allen Memorial Baptist Church, who spoke on behalf of the family. Thank-you, that is good to hear  an angelic monkey

NoRose, yes, it is good to hear.  I can't imagine what these precious children are going through.  Their Christmases will never be the same.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »

NoRose, yes, it is good to hear.  I can't imagine what these precious children are going through.  Their Christmases will never be the same.
I can't imagine either 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »

Stadium a Temporary Memorial for Murdered Salisbury Girl (video on left)

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11742398
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »

Here are some images from Sarah's myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/our_christmas_angel

Don't know what to say right now except JessStar and all the monkeys I'm with you 100% for whatever we need to do to stop this from happening again and again!!!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »

this is just sad beyond words...this should not have happened..our little children should not be suffering like this...sigh....
JessStar..what ever you need for all of us to help with preventing these tragedies, let us know...I am not good at being the leader, but I am a real good helper...

I am not opposed to her siblings being benefactors to whatever money is collected for her...they have probably had a hard life and this just made it harder for them...they deserve to have some future to look to....imo...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »

Locals comments:

delmar88
I am a contractor who does remodeling. I had used and recommended Thomas leggs Sr. (the perps dad) ,who has a countertop business, to do countertops for my clients. His son worked for him making and installing these countertops. He also did my countertops. He never told me or worned me about the background of his son. I had him and his son in houses that had girls from the ages of 9 to 18 yrs old. His father did an estimate for a house just last month that had 3 girls with the ages of 11, 15, and 18 living there and not a word. For God sakes, Tom Sr. and Tom jr. where both in my house installing my countertops with just my wife there and not a word. I feel releived that nothing happened. They did a countertop at my friends house with there 2 daughters ,ages 15 and 17, at home by themselves. I am so angry that he did not say anthing to me about his son. What happens if something did happen. Oh my God how bad I would feel for recommending him. I just want to say that Tom Sr does great work but I will not be able to recommend him to anyone now.

Shocked
To Delmar 88: 
I commend you for this information. It is scary who we bring into our homes for service work in these days. I prefer my husband be home to deal w/them or have another male family member come over. Leggs Jr. should never have been allowed to have access into homes w/children or anyone for that matter! I'm told the business is Quality Tops and I will make sure other people know. Thanks for stepping up to the plate. You are a true man of integrity for making this info known rather than cover up or try to support them. From what I hear on other blogs, the father is also a pedophile and did things to his own son which explains alot. 

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748125
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »

Online Community Mourns Death of Sarah Foxwell

SALISBURY, Md.- The death of Sarah Hayley Foxwell  has many residents on Delmarva posting their thoughts and prayers online.

They say the virtual forum is helping them cope as a community. Heather Yesko formed a group on Facebook in Sarah's honor; there are more than 1,000 members from Delmarva and beyond.

"I was very surprised it's become something much bigger than myself," the Salisbury resident said.

She said the response prompted her to organize a candlelight vigil for Friday 6 p.m. at the Salisbury City Park.

"That really shows me and makes me feel good about our community to show what we can do when we come together," Yesko added.

Many people have changed their online profile photos or phone backgrounds to Sarah's picture.

"Her memory should live on," said Lori Hastings.

"She will never be forgotten," said her sister Stacie.

The Hastings said they will also be in attendance at the vigil, as well as Sarah's funeral, which takes place Saturday 11 a.m. at the Emmanuel Wesleyan Church on Beaglin Park Drive in Salisbury.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748125
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »

Foxwell Kidnapping Suspect Has Criminal History

SALISBURY, Md.- WBOC has learned more information about the criminal history of Thomas James Leggs Jr.

Leggs, 30, of Salisbury, and a registered sex offender in both Maryland and Delaware, is locked up without bond on burglary and kidnapping charges in the Sarah Haley Foxwell case. Eleven-year-old Sarah's body was located on Christmas day in a wooded area of Wicomico County.

According to court documents obtained on Wednesday, Leggs was already expected to be in court next month on burglary charges after court papers say he broke into a house in Ocean City. In that case, police say the female victim woke up and found Leggs standing over her bed with his shirt off and his pants down.

Other court records show Leggs was convicted of third-degree sexual offense for an incident that occurred back in 1997. The case involved a 12-year-old girl at a park program where Leggs volunteered. He was 18 at the time.

Then in 2000, court papers show Leggs was convicted of second-degree assault after he was found guilty of inappropriately touching a girl under 14-years-old.

As of now, Leggs has not been charged with Sarah's murder but authorities say more charges will be filed against Leggs in the near future.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748201
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »

Candlelight vigil tonight for Sarah Foxwell in Salisbury

A private funeral and burial was held for 11 year old Sarah Foxwell of Salisbury yesterday by her family, however a candlelight vigil will be held at 6pm this evening at the Salisbury City Park.  She was kidnapped from her home last week – and thousands turned out on Christmas Day to help search for her.  Foxwell’s body was found Christmas Day – her death has been ruled a homicide.  A public memorial service will be held Saturday morning at 11 at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church on Beaglin Park Drive in Salisbury.

http://www.wgmd.com/2010010128800/candlelight-vigil-tonight-for-sarah-foxwell-in-salisbury.html
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »

Candlelight vigil tonight for Sarah Foxwell in Salisbury

A private funeral and burial was held for 11 year old Sarah Foxwell of Salisbury yesterday by her family, however a candlelight vigil will be held at 6pm this evening at the Salisbury City Park.  She was kidnapped from her home last week – and thousands turned out on Christmas Day to help search for her.  Foxwell’s body was found Christmas Day – her death has been ruled a homicide.  A public memorial service will be held Saturday morning at 11 at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church on Beaglin Park Drive in Salisbury.

http://www.wgmd.com/2010010128800/candlelight-vigil-tonight-for-sarah-foxwell-in-salisbury.html
I am glad the family had a chance for some privacy.
Unfortunately the woman organizing tonight's candlelight vigil has a criminal record for theft.  I hope folks remained focus on the purpose.  I didn't go, tomorrow will be more than enough for me.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »

1,000 Pay Tribute To Kidnapped Girl

Nearly 1,000 people packed a church  in Salisbury today for the funeral of an 11-year-old girl whose body was discovered Christmas Day.

The funeral service for 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell  took place at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church.

An anonymous donor paid the funeral expenses.

"Sarah loved her friends and family,"  Foxwell's grandmother, Roberta Wechsler told The (Salisbury) Daily Times.

"She loved to laugh, sing, read and listen to music. She loved school."

The newspaper reports Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis and District Attorney Davis Rurak attended the service.

Authorities say Foxwell was kidnapped from her bedroom on the night of December 23.  Thomas Leggs, Jr., who is on the sex offender registry in Maryland and Delaware has been charged in the kidnapping.  He has not been charged in the girl's killing.

Leggs was on the sex offender registry in Maryland and Delaware.  Foxwell's body was found near the Maryland-Delaware line.  He had been dating the girl's aunt, who was Foxwell's legal guardian.

More than 3,000 volunteers searched for the girl on Christmas Day.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=42841&zoneid=2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »

FUNERAL: 1,000 community members say goodbye to Sarah Haley Foxwell

SALISBURY — Nearly 1,000 people from the community attended the funeral for Sarah Haley Foxwell at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church in Salisbury today.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis and Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark were among those who paid tribute to Foxwell, who was taken from her bedroom the night of Dec. 22.

During the service, Foxwell's family members thanked the more than 3,000 volunteers who helped police conduct the search for the 11-year-old.

Her body was discovered Christmas Day in a heavily wooded area near Melson Road after two-and-a-half days of searching.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, was charged by police in connection with her disappearance but has not yet been charged with her death.

"Sarah loved her friends and family," said Foxwell's grandmother, Roberta Wechsler. "She loved to laugh, sing, read and listen to music. She loved school."

See continuing coverage in Sunday's The Daily Times.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100102/NEWS01/100102003
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2010, 08:11:15 AM »

January 8, 2010

Foxwell case prosecutors await DNA test results

By Sharahn D. Boykin
Staff Writer

SALISBURY -- Prosecutors and law enforcement officials continue to wait for reports and test results from state agencies before moving ahead with plans to charge a dual-state registered sex offender with the murder of Sarah Haley Foxwell.

An estimated 200 items were submitted to the Maryland State Police Crime Lab for DNA tests, according to Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark.

Foxwell's body was found by a team of investigators on Christmas Day in a rural Delmar area. Earlier that day, 3,000 volunteers reported to Arthur W. Perdue Stadium to help find the 11-year-old girl who was reported missing by family members two day earlier.

Her remains were released from the Office of the State Medical Examiner's Office last week, but an autopsy report has not been completed at this time. Preliminary reports showed Foxwell suffered multiple injuries and the state medical examiner has determined the girl's death was a homicide, according to Ruark at an earlier news conference.

It could take up to three months to get the results back, but Ruark hopes to have preliminary results within 45 days, he said.

"Ninety days is a realistic range," Ruark said. "This is a high-priority case for the state police crime lab and the State Medical Examiner's Office."

Foxwell, a Wicomico Middle School student, was reported missing Dec. 23 after her aunt and legal guardian, Amy Fothergill, realized she was missing around 8:30 a.m. and called police. The last time Foxwell was seen alive was around 9:30 p.m. when she went to bed Dec. 22, according to court charging documents.

Fothergill told police a man she had dated for about a month, Thomas James Leggs Jr., was a registered sex offender. It's unclear at this time if she knew this information while she was dating him.

By 11:34 p.m. the day she reported missing, Leggs, a Salisbury resident and registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, was in police custody and had been charged with burglary and two counts of kidnapping, according to court records.

Prosecutors expect the case to go before a grand jury for indictment, but it could be months before the case makes its way to a Circuit courtroom.

"Time is on our side," said Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis at a Wicomico County Council meeting. "He (Leggs) is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bond. Once we charge him, the clock is ticking. It's a strong case. There is no urgency to charge him with murder."

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100108/NEWS01/1080301/1002/Foxwell-case-prosecutors-await-DNA-test-results

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

January 8, 2010

Foxwell case prosecutors await DNA test results

By Sharahn D. Boykin
Staff Writer

SALISBURY -- Prosecutors and law enforcement officials continue to wait for reports and test results from state agencies before moving ahead with plans to charge a dual-state registered sex offender with the murder of Sarah Haley Foxwell.

An estimated 200 items were submitted to the Maryland State Police Crime Lab for DNA tests, according to Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark.

Foxwell's body was found by a team of investigators on Christmas Day in a rural Delmar area. Earlier that day, 3,000 volunteers reported to Arthur W. Perdue Stadium to help find the 11-year-old girl who was reported missing by family members two day earlier.

Her remains were released from the Office of the State Medical Examiner's Office last week, but an autopsy report has not been completed at this time. Preliminary reports showed Foxwell suffered multiple injuries and the state medical examiner has determined the girl's death was a homicide, according to Ruark at an earlier news conference.

It could take up to three months to get the results back, but Ruark hopes to have preliminary results within 45 days, he said.

"Ninety days is a realistic range," Ruark said. "This is a high-priority case for the state police crime lab and the State Medical Examiner's Office."

Foxwell, a Wicomico Middle School student, was reported missing Dec. 23 after her aunt and legal guardian, Amy Fothergill, realized she was missing around 8:30 a.m. and called police. The last time Foxwell was seen alive was around 9:30 p.m. when she went to bed Dec. 22, according to court charging documents.

Fothergill told police a man she had dated for about a month, Thomas James Leggs Jr., was a registered sex offender. It's unclear at this time if she knew this information while she was dating him.

By 11:34 p.m. the day she reported missing, Leggs, a Salisbury resident and registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, was in police custody and had been charged with burglary and two counts of kidnapping, according to court records.

Prosecutors expect the case to go before a grand jury for indictment, but it could be months before the case makes its way to a Circuit courtroom.

"Time is on our side," said Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis at a Wicomico County Council meeting. "He (Leggs) is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bond. Once we charge him, the clock is ticking. It's a strong case. There is no urgency to charge him with murder."

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100108/NEWS01/1080301/1002/Foxwell-case-prosecutors-await-DNA-test-results

If she did know about this then she has just as much blood on her hands as he does    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.