March 28, 2024, 12:12:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, Missing 12/22/09 from Salisbury, MD(BODY FOUND)  (Read 151543 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »

Prosecutors with the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office said they will seek the death penalty for 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Salisbury. Leggs, a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, has been charged with first-degree murder, first- and second-degree burglary, kidnapping, kidnap-child under 16 and first- and second-degree sex offenses in the death of Sarah Haley Foxwell.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12187184

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »

Prosecutors with the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office said they will seek the death penalty for 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Salisbury. Leggs, a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, has been charged with first-degree murder, first- and second-degree burglary, kidnapping, kidnap-child under 16 and first- and second-degree sex offenses in the death of Sarah Haley Foxwell.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12187184

good! he deserves death imo....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »

Sex offender bills called confusing
Lawmaker worries too many are in play

Friday, March 26, 2010
ANNAPOLIS — A package of bills aimed at strengthening the state's sex offender statutes is on a glide path to Gov. Martin O'Malley's desk.

But as lawmakers move to crack down on predators, the chairman of one of the General Assembly's law-and-order committees questioned whether so many proposals would counteract each other.

"When you're trying to do 16 things on one subject you run the risk of screwing it up," said Senate Judicial Proceedings Chairman Brian E. Frosh. "Because one thing conflicts with another or makes it unclear. So there is that danger."

The raft of bills, including legislation backed by Gov. Martin O'Malley, has garnered a renewed awareness among lawmakers since the Christmastime murder of 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell on the Eastern Shore.

Foxwell's body was found on Christmas Day in Salisbury. Police believe she was abducted and murdered by a registered sex offender.

The House of Delegates has passed eight bills that encompass an array of tighter sex offender laws, including legislation that eliminates good behavior credits and establishes lifetime supervision for violent and repeat predators. Another bill increases the mandatory minimum penalty from five years to 20 years for a second degree sexual offense against a child under the age of 13.

"We want to make sure that whatever the Foxwell family went through will never take place again," said House Speaker Michael E. Busch (D-Anne Arundel), who called the package of legislation "one of the most stringent protection plans for children and their families in the United States."

Frosh (D-Montgomery) said the Senate would pass at least some of the more than 30 bills introduced by lawmakers this year to reform sex offender laws.

"I'm guessing it's going to be quite far-reaching," he said.

But with so many bills under consideration, Frosh and others worry about acting in haste and possibly complicating the statutes.

"I think there are too many bills," said Sen. Lisa A. Gladden after the panel held hearings on more than 20 bills over two days last week.

"I think that we have got to manage, and we've got to deal with sex offenders," said Gladden (D-Baltimore), who serves as Frosh's vice chairwoman. "I just don't think we have the right answers quite yet."

Gladden, an assistant public defender in Baltimore, plans to vote against the measures.

"None of them necessarily deal with protection and prevention," she said. "And that's what bothers me about the bills."

O'Malley (D) has proposed bills to increase the types of crimes that would require convicts to register as sex offenders, mandate lifetime supervision of serious and repeat offenders and reconstitute the state's Sex Offender Advisory Board.

The legislature needs to pass laws that have teeth to them, said Del. Michael D. Smigiel Sr. (R-Upper Shore).

"It's important to actually do something and not just give the impression that we did something," he said.

He cited legislation passed in recent years that the state has failed to fully implement, including the law mandating the advisory board which was created in 2006, but has never met.

"The Republican legislators have been putting in these bills for years and years and years," said House Minority Leader Anthony J. O'Donnell (R-Calvert, St. Mary's).

"We've always been the leader on this issue. The fact that the governor comes to the table in an election year — people can make their own decision on what that means. But I can tell you, he wasn't there in previous years."

Meanwhile, the bipartisan Eastern Shore delegation has crafted an omnibus bill that combines a number of proposals used around the country in a single bill, which was heard Tuesday in the House Judiciary Committee.

Del. James N. Mathias Jr. (D-Lower Shore), who represents the district where Foxwell lived, said he feels "a moral responsibility" to move the legislation forward.

Frosh fears the bills, passed as a whole, could have unintended consequences.

"Many of the bills sweep what could be less serious offenses into the big net," he said.

For example, under proposed legislation, indecent exposure is an offense that could require years of supervision.

While some people indecently exposing themselves could be seen as a threat as sexual predators, others, such as people relieving themselves in public, might not be, Frosh said.

Gladden said she worries that the legislature could act impulsively and pass bills with unforeseen consequences that will take years to undo.

"I think it's unfair to the system to do something because you have to for political reasons," she said.

So why is this the year for such comprehensive legislation?

"Because we've got all these bills before us," Frosh said.

"Because Sarah Foxwell was murdered in December and because it's an election year. There's just a confluence of circumstances that put it on the front burner."

http://www.somdnews.com/stories/03262010/indytop171154_32245.shtml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »

Change of venue granted in murder trail

Associated Press
05/13/10 3:25 PM PDT

SALISBURY, MD. — A judge has granted an automatic change of venue to a man accused of kidnapping and killing an ll-year-old girl last year.

Lawyers for 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Salisbury made the request to move his trial in Wicomico County Circuit Court on Thursday. The request was automatically granted because prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty.

Leggs, a registered sex offender, is charged with first-degree murder and numerous other offenses in the death of Sarah Haley Foxwell. She was kidnapped from her Salisbury home on Dec. 22; her body was found Christmas Day.

The location and date of Leggs' trial have not been determined.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/nation/change-of-venue-granted-in-murder-trail-93725674.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 0105140305
Leggs assured change of venue
In death penalty cases, law states location transfer request is automatically granted
By Deborah Gates • Staff Writer • May 14, 2010

SALISBURY -- Less than two weeks before going on trial for murder, the Salisbury man charged with the kidnapping, sexual assault and death of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell has moved for a jury outside Wicomico County to hear the highly publicized case.

Thomas James Leggs Jr., 30, on Thursday filed for a suggestion of removal from Wicomico County Circuit Court, or a change of location of the case, on the grounds he cannot receive a fair and impartial trial in the local jurisdiction, according to court records.

Leggs was indicted March 5 in Wicomico County and charged with first-degree murder, burglary and sexual offense, kidnapping and unlawfully taking a child under age 16 after Foxwell's badly burned body was found Christmas Day in a wooded area near Delmar.

Foxwell was reported missing Dec. 23, drawing media attention and throngs of volunteers who reported to Wicomico County Sheriff's Office command stations at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium in Salisbury, where teams formed and scoured the region in search of the girl.

The state in March filed a notice of intention to seek the death penalty, a move that by law automatically grants the defendant's request for a change of venue, Wicomico State's Attorney Davis Ruark confirmed Thursday, but would not comment further.

"This is the type of case that I would have no comment," Ruark said.

Asked whether the state would have sought a lesser penalty knowing the defendant would seek to relocate the trial, Ruark said, "no."

"We filed a death penalty notice and we intend to pursue the death penalty," he said.

Leggs' attorneys are Katy C. O'Donnell and Kay Beehler, an assistant public defender, both of Baltimore, court records state.

A new location of the trial-- originally set to begin May 24 -- will be determined by 1st Judicial Circuit Administrative Judge Daniel Long of Somerset County Circuit Court, the state's attorney said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »

Sarah's birthday was yesterday.  She turned 12, of course in heaven, there is no calendar.  We think of you precious child!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »

This is absolutely disgusting

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2010 ... ve-damaged

Sarah Foxwell's grave damaged
By Deborah Gates • Staff Writer • June 12, 2010

SALISBURY -- Vandals overnight Thursday damaged the grave of 11-year-old murder victim Sarah Haley Foxwell, a confidential resting place with a location unknown to most.

Repairs came in less than a day after the vandalism, said Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Gary Baker.

Finding the culprit responsible for removing a granite vase attached to a matching stone at the undisclosed grave isn't expected to be as swift, and police are asking for the public's help.

"We are looking for information; it's going to be tough," Baker said Friday. "There is not a lot of evidence. If anybody saw anything, we'd be interested."

Authorities are not convinced that the vandal randomly picked the Foxwell grave over scores of others, some dating back a century, the chief deputy also said. There have been no recent reports of damage to other graves at the cemetery, he said.

"The vase was attached to a flat part of the stone, and somebody kicked it off its stand," Baker said, adding that no other graves were reported damaged. "It appears to have been singled out."

By midday Friday, Salisbury Monument Co. had sent a repair person to re-mount the vase, said Wanda Disharoon, whose family business donated the granite monument as a tribute to Foxwell.

After a public memorial service in late December, burial was a subdued affair at an area cemetery that Disharoon was asked by authorities to not disclose, she said.

Foxwell's badly burned body was discovered in a wooded area north of Salisbury this past Christmas Day, two days after her alleged kidnapping. A family acquaintance, 30-year-old Thomas James Leggs Jr. of Salisbury, has been charged with Foxwell's kidnapping and murder, charges for which the state has decided to seek the death penalty.

Jennifer Foxwell contacted the Sheriff's Office on Friday about the vandalism. She had visited her child's grave Thursday and discovered the damage when she returned Friday morning, Baker said.

Disharoon has seen cemetery vandalism in her years, but not quite like what happened at the Foxwell site.

"There are other vases out, but none of them were bothered," Disharoon said.

A church owns the cemetery, but Disharoon's company routinely checks on it as a courtesy to its many clients with loved ones there, she said.

"Usually kids who vandalize, vandalize (several) graves. It is uncommon to vandalize one stone."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=12688699
Written by Kye Parsons
Trial Date Set for Sarah Foxwell's Accused Killer
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 11:12 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 22, 2010 12:07 PM EDT

Thomas J. Leggs Jr.
SALISBURY, Md.- Thomas J. Leggs Jr. will stand trial next spring for last December's kidnapping and murder of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell of Salisbury, authorities announced Tuesday.

The trial will begin April 18, 2011 in Cecil County, according to Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis R. Ruark. Retired Kent County (Md.) Circuit Court Judge J. Fred Price will preside.

Leggs, 30, of Salisbury, was granted an automatic change of venue for his trial back in May because it is a death penalty case. That meant that his case would have to be moved out of Wicomico County and to another jurisdiction in Maryland. Cecil County, located on the upper Eastern Shore, was the chosen venue.

Leggs, a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, is charged with first-degree murder, first- and second-degree burglary, kidnapping, kidnap-child under 16 and first- and second-degree sex offenses in Sarah's death.

Sarah was abducted from her home the night of Dec 22, 2009. Her body was found on Christmas Day in a wooded area of Wicomico County near the Maryland-Delaware line after a massive search. The State Medical Examiner's Office ruled Sarah's death a homicide and found that she died of multiple injuries.

Leggs, who has been in jail since the day Sarah went missing, continues to be held without bond in the Wicomico County Detention Center.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »

thanks for the updates Sister...so sad...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »

The quite qualified prosecutor who was to try this case was killed in a car accident.  It is so said as he worked diligently for the victims of crimes.

Written by Brie Jackson
Funeral Services Held for Deputy State's Attorney
Posted: Jul 03, 2010 8:43 PM EDT
Featured Videos
  Salisbury Bids Farewell to Sam Vincent

Members of Wicomico Masonic Lodge #91 file across Route 50 in Salisbury to Trinity United Methodist Church for the funeral of Wicomico County Deputy State's Attorney Sam Vincent. (PHOTO: WBOC)
SALISBURY, Md. - Hundreds of people said goodbye to a friendly and familiar face in Salisbury, as funeral services for Wicomico County Deputy State's Attorney Sam Vincent were held at the Trinity United Methodist Church.

Many people knew Sam Vincent as a skillful prosecutor. He served the State's Attorneys office for more than two decades.

A motorcade rode through Salisbury in honor of the life and legacy of Sam Vincent.

"Sam was one of those people that exemplifies honesty and integrity," said Craig Scott, Wicomico Masonic Lodge No. 91. "Sam always put himself last and put other people first. He was kind there just aren't enough accolades that I can say to adequately describe Sam."

Sam Vincent was a past master of the Freemasons in Salisbury. Colleagues say Sam often served as a mentor to others in the community.

Outside the funeral, Joel Todd, Worcester County State's Attorney, played the bagpipes in honor of his departed colleague. The two lawyers served separate communities but always remained close friends.

People who knew Sam Vincent say he was dedicated and well loved.

"Sam was one of those people who works in the background; he wasn't always up front," Scott said. "But he was always there supporting anytime anyone needed him. He will be sorely missed."

Sam Vincent was killed in a car crash on Route 50 last week. He was 52 years old.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2010, 07:56:42 AM »

Dear God please bless and watch after those involved in this case.  A child missing and murdered on Christmas, an evil family acquaintance guilty, and a hard working prosecutor passing as result of car crash and this poor baby's grave stone damaged by someone.  First time I am seeing this case and it is so, so sad and maddening.  You are safe now Sarah, Christmas everyday!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »

Dear God please bless and watch after those involved in this case.  A child missing and murdered on Christmas, an evil family acquaintance guilty, and a hard working prosecutor passing as result of car crash and this poor baby's grave stone damaged by someone.  First time I am seeing this case and it is so, so sad and maddening.  You are safe now Sarah, Christmas everyday!
Yes, she has the best birthday party with Jesus on Christmas. 
This is one where I went and helped search.  It was an experience I will never forget.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »

Thank you for your help in the search Sister.  More people should be caring like you!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »

Thank you for your help in the search Sister.  More people should be caring like you!

amen to that! an angelic monkey   God bless Sarah and all those who helped look for her..

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

SARAH FOXWELL’S ALLEGED KILLER CONVICTED OF MD CRIME
Friday, August 6th, 2010

Thomas J. Leggs Jr. was convicted Thursday for fourth-degree burglary stemming from a September 11, 2009 incident where he allegedly broke into a woman’s home in Ocean City, Maryland.  The victim claims she never gave the convicted sex offender permission to enter her house and she woke up in the middle of the night to find a naked Leggs standing at the end of her bed masturbating.  He was given a three year maximum sentence from the judge. 

On April 18, 2011 Leggs will be on trial for the kidnapping, rape and murder of 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell. Sarah’s body was found on Christmas morning and he is facing the death penalty in that case.  If Leggs is, in fact guilty and responsible for Sarah’s death, there is an obvious escalation in sexual attacks between the alleged September 11, 2009 incident and the abduction of Sarah. Either before, or in the interim, police fear there may be other victims who have not yet come forward.  Leggs was given a three year sentence from the judge on Thursday.

The 11-year-old child was allegedly abducted from the bedroom she shared with her 6-year-old sister in the middle of the night. Police say Leggs knew the family because he dated Sarah’s aunt, who is Sarah’s legal guardian.  Police believe Sarah was snatched around 1 a.m. on December 22, 2009.  Her 6-year-old sister told police she woke up to “Mr. Tommy” in their bedroom talking to Sarah. Investigators were called at 10:02 a.m. and, based on the information they compiled, police were able to arrest Leggs and charge him with abduction and burglary within two hours.  Sarah’s aunt told investigators that she had not seen Leggs since 32 days before the abduction. On Christmas morning, thousands of volunteers, including parents and children, gave up opening gifts to search for Sarah. Sheriff Lewis of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s office told me that one little boy even emptied his piggy bank, put it in a baggie and handed it to the Sheriff to donate to the fund to find Sarah.

Sarah’s autopsy is complete, and the Sheriff told me Sarah had many causes of death, all related to the homicide, but he is not ready to release details about the struggle at this point.

To me, the most interesting part of this case is that out of the 171 convicted sex offenders living in Wicomico County, Sheriff Lewis says high risk offender Leggs was one of the few offenders they checked on regularly, though they didn’t have to.  According to the law, Leggs only had to register two times a year with the Wicomico County Sheriff’s office, and the Sheriff’s office wasn’t required to check on him – but they did.  Sheriff Lewis says in 2009 alone they visited the residence Leggs shared with his parents seven times.  They found Leggs living in an 8×14 portable shed in the backyard, and doing cabinetry work for his family’s business. Investigators also found Leggs’ sister and her three children living on the same property.  This information has launched a new investigation to see if those children are victims as well. On a side note, Sheriff Lewis says he frequently visits the school that Sarah’s younger sister, Emma, attends, to have lunch with her. He says the child is doing well.

We need to reach out to the public right now, and we need to know if there are other victims.  We encourage you to come forward.  Please contact the Wicomico County Sheriff’s office at:  (410) 548-4891

http://www.michellesigona.com/tag/thomas-leggs-jr/

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110210/NEWS01/102100336/Judge-refuses-exclude-evidence-Leggs-slaying-trial
 ::snipping2::
Judge refuses to exclude evidence in Leggs slaying trial
DNA, cell phone records allowed in man's trial for murder of 11-year-old Md. girl
1:09 AM, Feb. 10, 2011  |  Written by
SHARAHN D. BOYKIN

Thomas James Leggs Jr. is accused of killing 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell of Wicomico County, Md., in 2009. ELKTON -- A Circuit Court judge's ruling on Wednesday will allow cell phone records of the man charged with the murder of 11-year-old Sarah Foxwell to be included as evidence in his trial.

Public defense attorneys Katy C. O'Donnell, division chief of the Aggravated Homicide Division of the public defender's office, and Kay Beehler, an assistant public defender, argued that cell phone tower data and information related to the location of the suspect, Thomas James Leggs Jr., 31, around the time of the child's disappearance should be excluded.

A report compiled by a Verizon employee for a cell phone that was allegedly in Leggs' possession includes data for specific times and appeared incomplete, O'Donnell said in court.

"We're talking about cherry-picked times," she said.
Judge J. Frederick Price ruled that cell phone information could be used because the Verizon employee listed as a state witness is a qualified expert and he can rely on information from police.

Leggs was present for the hearing on Wednesday. He shuffled into the courtroom in handcuffs, wearing a county-issued navy blue shirt and pants. The handcuffs were removed minutes before proceedings started when the judge granted the request by his attorneys. A Cecil County deputy stood nearby.

The judge also ruled against a request by the defense to exclude DNA evidence. Public defense attorney Stephen Mercer, a third member of Leggs' defense team, asked the court to exclude the evidence because the state did not send the defense records and reports related to the evidence by the court-imposed deadline.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:42 AM »

Judge to rule on Leggs evidence
Defense: Records obtained illegally
Mar 4, 2011  Written by
Sharahn D. Boykin
Staff Writer Filed Under
News
Local News
ELKTON, Md. -- A Circuit Court judge is expected to decide today if cell phone data and verbal statements made during an interview with police can be used as evidence during a trial for the man charged in the murder of Sarah Foxwell.

Defense attorneys for Thomas James Leggs Jr., 31, argued cell phone records and data obtained by the police violate Leggs' constitutional right to privacy.

"The fact that the state can pick up the phone, call Verizon and say 'give us what you got' is absurd at best," said public defense attorney Kay Beehler during a hearing in Cecil County Circuit Court on Thursday.

Beehler said data collected from Leggs' cell phone provider and information collected from the physical phone should not be allowed into evidence because the authorities did not have a search warrant when the information was collected. Law enforcement officers should not be permitted to obtain that information without authorization from a judge, she added.
"Police retrieved cell phone data related to towers and cell phone locations, text messages, phone numbers for contacts and incoming and outgoing phone logs, according to statements made by Beehler in court.
Cell phone data was retrieved from Verizon without a search warrant because of the urgency of the situation, said co-prosecutor Abigail Marsh, a Wicomico County assistant state's attorney.

Foxwell, 11, was reported missing by family members on December 23, 2009. She was abducted from her home the night before and was last seen with Leggs. Investigators needed the cell phone data to help locate the child, Marsh said.

"They could not verify his whereabouts anytime after 1 a.m.," she said.
Information on signal transmissions from Leggs' phone to various cell phone towers was used to narrow the search for Foxwell, according to statements made by Marsh during a previous hearing.

In addition to cell phone information, defense counsel requested a statement Leggs made to police during a Dec. 23 interview also be withheld from evidence.
Beehler said jurors may perceive the statement as an implication of guilt.

"We didn't choose his words," Marsh said.
Edit to add link per Sister.  MB
http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011103040330
sboykin@dmg.gannett.com

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:11:54 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »

Yipes, forgot the link:
http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011103040330

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »

In my opinion, this POS got off easy.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110329/NEWS/110329021/Leggs-pleads-guilty-murder-Sarah-Foxwell-avoids-death-penalty
Leggs pleads guilty in murder of Sarah Foxwell, avoids death penalty
8:57 PM, Mar. 29, 2011  |  22Comments
Twitter
Facebook
Share Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Facebook Twitter Newsvine FarkIt Email
Print
A A A 
Written by
Gannett/The (Salisbury, Md.) Daily Times Filed Under
Family of murdered 11-year-old girl backed plea deal for Leggs
Foxwell's grandmother lashes out at blogger Joe Albero
ELKTON, Md. — Thomas Leggs Jr. today agreed to plead guilty to all charges in the murder of Sarah Foxwell in exchange for prosecutors removing the possibility of the death sentence.

Leggs, 31, was sentenced in Cecil County Circuit Court to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murder of the 11-year-old Salisbury girl. He also pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sex offense charges.

Leggs addressed the family in the hearing today, and said he was surprised they had agreed to allow the removal of the death penalty option.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110329/NEWS/110329030
Foxwell's grandmother lashes out at blogger Joe Albero
2:15 PM, Mar. 29, 2011  |  Comments
Twitter
Written by
Gannett/The (Salisbury, Md.) Daily Times Filed Under
Local
Related Links
Family of murdered 11-year-old girl backed plea deal for Leggs
Leggs pleads guilty in murder of Sarah Foxwell, avoids death penalty
Thomas Leggs hearing scheduled today in Sarah Foxwell murder case
ELKTON, Md. — The grandmother of murder victim Sarah Foxwell took local blogger Joe Albero to task today outside the courthouse where Thomas Leggs Jr. had just pleaded guilty to her granddaughter's murder.

Roberta Wexler accused Albero of trying to profit from the girl's death, using it as his "ticket to fame." She said he claimed that he was going to write a book about the case, and she said Albero had lied when he claimed that he had paid for Foxwell's funeral.

Wexler said Albero and his "cult" of followers had launched personal attacks on her family members.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.