April 24, 2024, 03:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Obama has lost points in the blame game"  (Read 1363 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 25, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »

BARACK Obama has won a place in history with the worst ratings of any president at the end of his first year: 49 per cent approve and 46 per cent disapprove of his performance in the latest USA Today/Gallup Poll.

Obama has not governed as the centrist, deficit-fighting, bipartisan consensus builder he promised to be. And his promise to embody a new kind of politics - free of finger-pointing, pettiness and spin - was a mirage. He has cheapened the presidency with needless attacks on his predecessor, George W. Bush.

What is the promise of Barack Obama?  A nation patterned after Detroit Michigan?

For example, he voted for the bank rescue plan in September 2008 and praised it during the campaign. Yet on December 8 at the Brookings Institution, Obama called it "flawed" and blamed "the last administration" for launching it hastily. Really? Bush Treasury secretary Hank Paulson, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and New York Fed president Timothy Geithner designed it. If it was "flawed", why did Obama later nominate Bernanke to a second term as Fed chairman and make Geithner his Treasury secretary?

Corruption?

Obama continued distorting the record in his 60 Minutes interview when he blamed the big bankers for the financial crisis. They "caused the problem", he insisted before saying, "I haven't seen a lot of shame on their part" and then pledging to put "a regulatory system in place that prevents them from putting us in this kind of pickle again".

But as a freshman senator, Obama supported a threatened 2005 filibuster of a bill regulating Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He doesn't show "a lot of shame" that he and other Fannie and Freddie defenders blocked "a regulatory system" that might have kept the US from getting in such a bad pickle in the first place.

read more here - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/obama-has-lost-points-in-the-blame-game/story-e6frg6zo-1225813658705

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »

"Surge in Wealth"

Goldman Sachs, which now borrows from the US Federal Reserve at nominal rates, has made so much from its market investments this year that in the nine months to September it set aside $US16.7 billion for staff pay and bonuses - $US527,000 per employee.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/surge-in-wealth-as-markets-bounce-back-20091225-lf2j.html

While Goldman makes more and more money with help from the Obama administration...

Americans continue to lose jobs, homes, and hope.

Nothing for Main Street.

Just higher credit card interest, higher payments, and higher taxes.

It's the Anti-American adminstration working overtime...staying up late to bring terrorists and financial destruciton to hard working folks on Main street.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.