April 18, 2024, 03:01:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR, MONKEYS...  (Read 6723 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 30, 2006, 02:08:10 PM »

Time is flying and just a reminder to make the best of each day, every year.  The present is a gift.

Here's A TOAST TO ALL THE GIRLS WE'VE LOVED BEFORE..

How 's This For Depressing?

Brigette Bardot 71
Stella Stevens 68
Sophia Loren 71
Gina Lollobrigida 78
Deborah Kerr 94 (WOW!)
Lena Horne 88
Kay Starr 83
Patti Page 78
Annette Funicello 63
Barbara Eden 71
Angie Dickenson 74
Doris Day 81
Joan Collins 72
Julie Christie 64
Leslie Caron 74
Carroll Baker 74
Ann-Margret 64
Debra Padget 72
Julie Andrews 70
Ursula Andress 69
Rita Moreno 74
Jean Simmons 76
Julie Newmar 72
Kim Novak 72
Jane Powell 76
Debbie Reynolds 73
Shirley Temple 77 (NO!)
Jane Russell 84
Kathryn Grayson 83
Esther Williams 82
Elke Sommer 65
Gale Storm 83
Jill St John 65
LizTaylor 73 (wow!)                                      
Mamie Van Doren 74

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »

Goodness! They were all young women when I was born.  Shocked

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!! Very Happy

Here's a Toast.....May we all have a New Year of health, prosperity, and happiness. May God bestow his blessings on our families, our nations and our world.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:28:18 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread Tyler, my "rose" monkey.  Great idea.  Boy, I'm feeling old seeing those ages....

Here's wishing each and every monkey a wonderful year, much happiness and good health.  Prayers go out  to everyone  in need.

Hugs-
Beans
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »

And don't forget your Louise Vargas is 62 years young.

The other day the apartment manager told me he spoke with the owner and she said to break it to me gently that I HAVE to have my carpet replaced because the department of health could come to inspect and the landlady would be in trouble. I have a huge amount of furniture. I've been avoiding this. But since it is upon me, I'm just gonna go with it.

The landlady knows a guy named Chico who lives down the street who does all her carpeting and laminate flooring. I don't want a wood floor as it will show dust every day. Plus I have cats and I want a carpet. Apparently all the young married ladies in my neighborhood think Chico is handsome and sexy. He is 60.

I talked to the landlady several years ago and she sent Chico over with carpet samples. I didn't like any of them and asked him to bring some sculpted multi grey carpet samples. He left some with me. That was three years ago. Now that the manager has said it has to be done, all I can say is "Ok, let's do it." But Chico is the first step with his carpet samples.

Last night I opened my front door to turn off the Xmas lights and I saw Chico talking to a neighbor, Valentina - a political asylum refugee from Russia who is moving into Apartment 2. I said, "Excuse me Chico, when you are finished, I need to talk to you about carpet samples." He immediately excused himself and came into my apartment. I showed him the last sample and said I wanted something better. He said this sample is cheap. I asked if the owner would pay for something more expensive. He said she would. We agreed that he would bring me more samples today.

The rest of this is not rated "R" but since this is a family site, Klass may delete it.

THEN, he stepped close to me and took me in his arms. I pulled back but he started to give me a scrumptious hug and backrub. I began to laugh. Have ya ever heard that a person needs eight hugs a day to feel fulfilled? I said Chico, thank you for these wonderful hugs and massages. He hugged me some more and I laughed some more. Then I told him to stop because I know he is a married man. He said he isn't. I said I remember when you picked a flower from our rear garden and said it was for your wife. Then he looked sheepish.

I stepped back and told him to please bring me more carpet samples. He anxiously said, "So tomorrow?" I said yes tomorrow but only regarding carpet samples. Needless to say, he did not come over with carpet samples. What is a woman to do? I guess the next step is to call the landlady and get his phone number and be very businesslike.

This thread about age but age is not what it used to be. Age 62 is not old if you take care of yourself. And for a brief moment, Chico made me feel like 40.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »

Louise ~ I love your experiences ~ please don't forget the next installment.  Can't wait to hear about the return visit.  Very Happy  You lead an exciting life  Wink
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 02:44:55 AM »

I agree tcumom, Louise is an adventure per week, we'll be waiting to hear more about Chico !

Laugh with me, I was in the parking lot at UPS shuffling boxes for shipping around in the back of my Escape, this man walks up full of questions  Confused I was like, huh?  Laughing After explaining I was shipping boxes of cookies (darn if he didn't want a business card too).........he relates he's the kirby vacuum salesman and can he come to my house for a demo?

I busted  Laughing  Laughing for a moment I was afraid he was making a pass at me, how wrong could I be ?  Laughing  Laughing

I hope that makes you laugh Louise, fyi I am 50 ! Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
I agree tcumom, Louise is an adventure per week, we'll be waiting to hear more about Chico !

Laugh with me, I was in the parking lot at UPS shuffling boxes for shipping around in the back of my Escape, this man walks up full of questions  Confused I was like, huh?  Laughing After explaining I was shipping boxes of cookies (darn if he didn't want a business card too).........he relates he's the kirby vacuum salesman and can he come to my house for a demo?

I busted  Laughing  Laughing for a moment I was afraid he was making a pass at me, how wrong could I be ?  Laughing  Laughing

Heh, heh, those vacumn cleaner salesmen get their foot in the door any way they can.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 11:53:12 AM »

Oh let it snow, let it snow.

Looks like I am gonna have a white New Years.

I'll be here to celebrate if anyone else wants to join in.
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 05:25:05 PM »

Oh NONE and LOUISE!  You made me think about just a few weeks ago, sitting in the car dealership waiting for the service to be done on my car, this good looking man about my age sits down, starts talking to me about the book I was reading (Clancy, Without Remorse).  We had a really stimulating conversation about authors and history for about ten minutes.  Just about the time I had decided he was really flirting with me, turns out he worked for the dealership and it was his job to take a survey.  I hope I didn't turn red  Embarassed   I won't tell you'all my age.  He kind of looked like Cheech (or is it Chong?)  The one that was courting Tyne Daily on Chasing Amy.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 11:05:17 PM »

Louise.....please write a book. You are so entertaining. You have the most interesting experiences!!
I hope you get the carpet you want, and a few innocent thrills along the way.
It seems to me that the only guys who flirt are the married ones. I've been hit on by plenty of married men, but the single guys just don't seem to be around anywhere. Maybe that's why they're still single. Laughing

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 11:44:24 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
Louise.....please write a book. You are so entertaining. You have the most interesting experiences!!
It seems to me that the only guys who flirt are the married ones. I've been hit on by plenty of married men, but the single guys just don't seem to be around anywhere. Maybe that's why they're still single. Laughing

Yep, obviously I don't get out enough.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:57:42 AM »

Quote from: "Appeals"

Oh NONE and LOUISE!  You made me think about just a few weeks ago, sitting in the car dealership waiting for the service to be done on my car, this good looking man about my age sits down, starts talking to me about the book I was reading (Clancy, Without Remorse).  We had a really stimulating conversation about authors and history for about ten minutes.  Just about the time I had decided he was really flirting with me, turns out he worked for the dealership and it was his job to take a survey.  I hope I didn't turn red  Embarassed   I won't tell you'all my age.  He kind of looked like Cheech (or is it Chong?)  The one that was courting Tyne Daily on Chasing Amy.

too funny, my ex and I were GM dealers Appeals, so imagine how hard I am laughing with you at that one  Laughing

car salesmen, quite a different breed now aren't they ?  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "pdh3"

Yep, obviously I don't get out enough.

Well look what you're missing!!!! Laughing Get on out there!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 12:14:20 AM »

Thank all of you so much.

Where should I start my book? Should it be in the Monkey Lounge thread? I have two more stories from today.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 12:48:01 AM »

Start a manuscript, and when you've finished, send it to a publisher!

But first, tell us you new stories! Laughing Sorry, I guess that was kinda selfish of me. Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 01:20:58 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

Where should I start my book? Should it be in the Monkey Lounge thread? I have two more stories from today.

Yes! Louise, definitely start it in the Monkey Lounge  Very Happy I'm waiting to hear today's stories ~  Very Happy
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

Yes! Louise, definitely start it in the Monkey Lounge  Very Happy I'm waiting to hear today's stories ~  Very Happy
I agree, I love Louise's stories too, post on Louise!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.