April 28, 2024, 05:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #568 1/1 - 1/4/2007-PROBLEM DON'T USE  (Read 90257 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2007, 09:23:39 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Klaas - I'm so sorry that your hubby and Tyler are ill. It must be much more difficult than most of us can even imagine.  Sad

BT - MS is a terrible disease that takes on many forms.  There's so much they still don't know about it.  My husbands mother died from it quite young.  She was told it was OK to have children because it wasn't hereditary...they were wrong.

In many ways my husband is very lucky.  His biggest problem is walking but can still get around the house.  He has a scooter when we have to go out and do any walking.  He's chronic progressive but is progressing worse very slowly.

I think Tyler actually has had worse problems with it and it must be very difficult for her at times.

MS sucks.

I know that it has affected so many people, some beginning at a very early age. It does indeed suck. Sad

Maybe the cure is just around the corner.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

I sent this to Red but he appears to be away from the PC right now.  Thought it was pretty funny:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240537,00.html

United Airline Employees Report Mysterious Saucer-Shaped Craft Hovering Over Chicago's O'Hare Airport

CHICAGO —  Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon, but a group of United Airline employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport last fall.

The workers, some of them pilots, said the object didn't have lights and hovered over an airport terminal before shooting up through the clouds, according to a report in Monday's Chicago Tribune.

(snipped)

There was no photo of it in the article so I created one, LOLOLOL  Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Does appear that we've whipped up a case of the melancholies tonight.

Not me. I'm watching Bikini Beach right along with you.  Very Happy

Back when I was in 7th grade, my father was in the TV business.  He tried everything to get me to be an extra in one of those Bikini Beach movies.  He would have no problem making it happen. I said "no way"..I'm not going to get filmed wearing a bathing suit, LOLOL  Laughing

Oh my gosh! You could have been immortalized on film and Carnut and I could be watching you right now!  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
I apologize for my tacky post....I will keep them in my prayers......

No need to be sorry Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »

BTgirl - exactly why I didn't want to do it  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »

Klaas - the flying saucer is priceless!  Laughing  Laughing

I hope Red gets back to his computer soon to see it.

I Stand With The Girl
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »

Not me!  I'm looking forward instead of looking back.  I can't change what has already happened, but I can influence what is to be.

My predictions for this year regarding this case:

1) There will be a flurry of activity in April & May, and a trial in June.  They will be found guilty on the lesser charges and given very light sentences.  Probably for Joran it will be time already served.

2)  The Kalpoe will drop their lawsuit. The CA court will dismiss the wrongful death suit against the Kalpoes based on Jurisdiction after the Kalpoes withdraw their suit.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2007, 09:28:39 PM »

Thought he could put it up on the front page for laughs  Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2007, 09:31:35 PM »

Tylergal - Last I heard Beta Interferon isn't even approved for chronic progressive.  My husband was in a double blind trial a few years back for chronic progressive MS and Betaseron.  He was in that trial for 2 years.  As it turned out, he was injecting saline and not Betaseron.  At the end of the trial he was given 6 months supply of Betaseron.  After injecting himself with the real thing, he had a heart attack.  The cardiologist said the Betaseron caused a spasm in his artery.  That was the end of the Betaseron for him. After that fiasco, all he'll take is advil.

I understand that, Klaas, as I went in CHF with the prednisone following my second hospitalization.  Isn't that strange that I was in the hospital getting the treatment, and I was fine (crash carts on standby) and then I went home, went into an adrenal crisis, and treatment for that, and then congestive heart failure when they had to give me more steroids for the adrenal crisis.  Drugs are bizarre.  I understand that.  I would not do another elephant dose of prednisone again.  That was many years ago when my body was stronger, but I can see and I can walk, something I could not do in 1990.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2007, 09:34:31 PM »

Tylergal - I'm glad they were able to help you even though it was extreemly hard on you.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

Thought he could put it up on the front page for laughs  Wink
I agree with BT, priceless!............Hello Monkeys!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »

Klaas - I'm so sorry that your hubby and Tyler are ill. It must be much more difficult than most of us can even imagine.  Sad

BT - MS is a terrible disease that takes on many forms.  There's so much they still don't know about it.  My husbands mother died from it quite young.  She was told it was OK to have children because it wasn't hereditary...they were wrong.

In many ways my husband is very lucky.  His biggest problem is walking but can still get around the house.  He has a scooter when we have to go out and do any walking.  He's chronic progressive but is progressing worse very slowly.

I think Tyler actually has had worse problems with it and it must be very difficult for her at times.

MS sucks.

I know that it has affected so many people, some beginning at a very early age. It does indeed suck. Sad

Maybe the cure is just around the corner.

Oh, but I am so fortunate to have the present and the past I have had, and I do look forward to the future.  I am glad I did what I did and would not change it.  Who knows?  Maybe it was the worst or was the best thing I could have done, but every experience I have ever had has been enriching and rewarding, just like knowing all the monkeys.  You all have enriched my life and I would not trade my monkey experience for all the other things I could have been doing while I was here.  Life is a garden of roses if you care to smell them, or a pot of coffee (both are great in my case).

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »

Course the shows are so stupid that the only reason to watch is the Bikinis, Music and Cars.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Tylergal - Last I heard Beta Interferon isn't even approved for chronic progressive.  My husband was in a double blind trial a few years back for chronic progressive MS and Betaseron.  He was in that trial for 2 years.  As it turned out, he was injecting saline and not Betaseron.  At the end of the trial he was given 6 months supply of Betaseron.  After injecting himself with the real thing, he had a heart attack.  The cardiologist said the Betaseron caused a spasm in his artery.  That was the end of the Betaseron for him. After that fiasco, all he'll take is advil.

I understand that, Klaas, as I went in CHF with the prednisone following my second hospitalization.  Isn't that strange that I was in the hospital getting the treatment, and I was fine (crash carts on standby) and then I went home, went into an adrenal crisis, and treatment for that, and then congestive heart failure when they had to give me more steroids for the adrenal crisis.  Drugs are bizarre.  I understand that.  I would not do another elephant dose of prednisone again.  That was many years ago when my body was stronger, but I can see and I can walk, something I could not do in 1990.
I feel for both of you as My Mom (who broke her hip last month) also has MS. Maybe since this disease affects so many of us, we could start a thread in the monkey lounge, discussing treatments that diff,. ones have tried and the side effects etc?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »

Course the shows are so stupid that the only reason to watch is the Bikinis, Music and Cars.

Or, in my case, to reminisce about how new and exciting everything seemed when I was 14 years old.

I Stand With The Girl
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »

Laughing
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »

Great ideas,great posts.I am sorry,I forgot to my image over Ohare.I must be hung over or something,you know Romulan ale will get everytime.I predict a trial also,different results,we shall see.I would Paulus as a gelding.1 Cool Cat.I like the one with the mouse pate and the blunt.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Not me!  I'm looking forward instead of looking back.  I can't change what has already happened, but I can influence what is to be.

1) There will be a flurry of activity in April & May, and a trial in June.  They will be found guilty on the lesser charges and given very light sentences.  Probably for Joran it will be time already served.

2)  The Kalpoe will drop their lawsuit. The CA court will dismiss the wrongful death suit against the Kalpoes based on Jurisdiction after the Kalpoes withdraw their suit.
I hope there is a trial, but I hope they pay the appropriate price. Hopefully, there is evidence SOMEWHERE, that we havent heard of yet!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

SunFreak, I pray that this year the Holloway's and Twitty's will have some answers. I also feel that the Kalpoe's will drop their lawsuit, but I hope I'm wrong...

Am going to pack it in early tonight monkeys...Back to work tomorrow  Laughing  Laughing

As Mrs Red says, "Keep the faith!"

Bring Natalee home...
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Night, Mishy. Don't forget to embarrass Kuoka.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.