April 27, 2024, 05:34:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #568 1/1 - 1/4/2007-PROBLEM DON'T USE  (Read 90224 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: January 03, 2007, 10:56:20 PM »

Excellent show, Dana, Red.  

I did respond to Dana's request for suggestions in the Dana Forum.  I hope that was the right place.  I think mine was the only response.

Night everyone.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: January 03, 2007, 10:57:45 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

I did respond to Dana's request for suggestions in the Dana Forum.  I hope that was the right place.  I think mine was the only response.

Night everyone.

LilPuma - I think Dana posted that in 3 different places and I'll sure he'll see your response.  Thanks!  Nite!
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: January 03, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Night everyone.

yes thanks for getting back to me.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: January 03, 2007, 11:02:28 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Sunfreak, I think I know what you are saying....When Dana had radio on his site, we would click:listen live...and presto...we could hear the show. Now, that Dana has come here and is on scared monkeys radio, when some of us are trying to hear it live, it does not open up for some of us? I can hear the podcast later, but cannot hear it live, I have downloaded several players, winamp, real player etc, ...I still cannot get the live show here on scared monkeys...hopefully, someday I will figure out what I have set wrong (here on my puter maybe?)
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: January 03, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Hi Monkeys! Sunfreak, I think I know what you are saying....When Dana had radio on his site, we would click:listen live...and presto...we could hear the show. Now, that Dana has come here and is on scared monkeys radio, when some of us are trying to hear it live, it does not open up for some of us? I can hear the podcast later, but cannot hear it live, I have downloaded several players, winamp, real player etc, ...I still cannot get the live show here on scared monkeys...hopefully, someday I will figure out what I have set wrong (here on my puter maybe?)

Do you use dial up, or a broadband connection ?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: January 03, 2007, 11:08:24 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"

Do you use dial up, or a broadband connection ?
I hate to admit this LMAO, but I am using dial-up
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: January 03, 2007, 11:08:29 PM »

Elaine, PC's can be temperamental animals sometimes. ONE stray obscure setting in Windows or in your browser, or a codec installed incorrectly, can make all this audio-video stuff go kablooey and NEVER work right.

I think the best thing to do (IF you know what you're doing) is to use the uninstall program on any media software you suspect is not right, and reinstall it rather than that trying to salvage a configuration that won't work.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted on the front page of SM by Tibrogargan:

O/T
There is some discussion in the cage about collective noun for a group of monkeys and I trust someone will pick this up and carry in there! Have emailed Red to join the cage but no answer yet. I know he is busy so am waiting patiently. Anyway groups of monkeys can be known as : A cartload, tribe, troop or wilderness. The one I like best and what I believe fits SM best is a Mission of Monkeys.

Just Peeking back in for a sec. on this
 found this site ... Have not had time to read all of it... but about difference in chimpanzee, monkey, ape

and a group of Apes is called shrewdness
http://williamcalvin.com/teaching/bonobo.htm

SeeYaByeee

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »

Anyone interrested in purchasing a personalized mug, please go to the link in my signature line.  I will taking orders for the next week or so.  Also, if you would like to see the ones already done, go to this link:

http://www.cafepress.com/scaredmonkeys/2333143
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Elaine, PC's can be temperamental animals sometimes. ONE stray obscure setting in Windows or in your browser, or a codec installed incorrectly, can make all this audio-video stuff go kablooey and NEVER work right.

I think the best thing to do (IF you know what you're doing) is to use the uninstall program on any media software you suspect is not right, and reinstall it rather than that trying to salvage a configuration that won't work.

yup good advice
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: January 03, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »

Oh, I wish I was a technical wizard!! Laughing
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #631 on: January 03, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »

What I will try to do is before the next show by Dana is run a test with a couple of users that are having issues to see what is happening. Obviously there is an issue I did not know about and we want to get it resolved for you.

T
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: January 03, 2007, 11:16:22 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted on the front page of SM by Tibrogargan:

O/T
There is some discussion in the cage about collective noun for a group of monkeys and I trust someone will pick this up and carry in there! Have emailed Red to join the cage but no answer yet. I know he is busy so am waiting patiently. Anyway groups of monkeys can be known as : A cartload, tribe, troop or wilderness. The one I like best and what I believe fits SM best is a Mission of Monkeys.

Just Peeking back in for a sec. on this
 found this site ... Have not had time to read all of it... but about difference in chimpanzee, monkey, ape

and a group of Apes is called shrewdness
http://williamcalvin.com/teaching/bonobo.htm

SeeYaByeee

Oldfart - thanks for the link.  Look at the photo I found on that site.  Would be another good one for Dana, IMO

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: January 03, 2007, 11:18:35 PM »

Quote from: "scared-tom"

What I will try to do is before the next show by Dana is run a test with a couple of users that are having issues to see what is happening. Obviously there is an issue I did not know about and we want to get it resolved for you.

T
Thanks Tom, you guys are the best! ....I always listen to the podcasts of the shows after they are   posted, but to call in live and comment, as Anna said we have to hear live what you all are talking about.
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #634 on: January 03, 2007, 11:19:56 PM »

Podcast is up at these locations.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio/2007/01/03/the-dana-pretzer-show-tonight-wednesday-jan-3rd-2006-year-in-review/

or

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/03/the-dana-pretzer-show-tonight-wednesday-jan-3rd-2006-year-in-review/

enjoy.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: January 03, 2007, 11:21:52 PM »

Yes good idea, lets do that

T
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: January 03, 2007, 11:22:49 PM »

Klaas ,
Just left you a request for a personalized monkey mug
If you dont have my bassett pic let me know I will email it to you

thank sue

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: January 03, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"

Yes good idea, lets do that

T

1st thing i need to do is learn how to reply properly.
Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:16 PM »

Quote from: "Sue"
Klaas ,
Just left you a request for a personalized monkey mug
If you dont have my bassett pic let me know I will email it to you

thank sue

I just posted a question for you there as well.  Could you go take a look when you get a chance?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

Thanks, listening now  Smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.